PDA

View Full Version : Not respected?

CAPUSAFcadet23
08-27-2014, 02:06 AM
Why is the video game medium not respected? Roger Ebert did not consider them art. There are people calling for their censorship. Some want them to be relegated to children's entertainment. Should there be massive campaigns to get them to be more accepted in our society? Will the game industry make works that rival the best novels, movies, and TV shows? Is Brothers in Arms our Saving Private Ryan? Is Mass Effect our Star Trek/BSG?

Libhater
08-27-2014, 06:06 AM
With the extreme killings associated with many of these mindless video games, I say censoring them is futile--lets just ban them altogether.

Alyosha
08-27-2014, 07:34 AM
Not to pick on Cap but I wanted to bring up that the is the Cigar of video games and no one wants to ban him.

Captain Obvious
08-27-2014, 07:35 AM
Not to pick on Cap but I wanted to bring up that the is the Cigar of video games and no one wants to ban him.

???

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 08:13 AM
Cappy, I think she was referring to Cap in the OP and left a word or two out.

Alyosha obviously believes that starting threads about video games is equivalent to starting race-baiting threads.

Alyosha, I think you should join the management here.

Captain Obvious
08-27-2014, 08:19 AM
Cappy, I think she was referring to Cap in the OP and left a word or two out.

Alyosha obviously believes that starting threads about video games is equivalent to starting race-baiting threads.

Alyosha, I think you should join the management here.

Oh, derp=me.

CAPUSAFcadet23
08-27-2014, 11:21 AM
With the extreme killings associated with many of these mindless video games, I say censoring them is futile--lets just ban them altogether.

Go away. You anti freedom ideology is not welcome in my threads.

Libhater
08-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Go away. You anti freedom ideology is not welcome in my threads.

Anti Freedom? LMFAO. I suppose banning those violent games and cleaning up the over imaginative minds of these immature teens which would ultimately lead to less if not any more school shootings is your way of saying--screw the killings, I just want to be able to play my violent games in the quiet surroundings of my parents' basement.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:00 PM
I think violent video games are less an issue than loons who live in the past.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 01:09 PM
What exactly is a loon who lives in the past and how does that have any relationship whatsoever to video games? Are people doing studies of loons who live in the past and showing any link to antisocial or violent behavior as seems to be the case with video games? For example:

http://www.pamf.org/parenting-teens/general/media-web/violentgames.html

Can you post a link showing the relationship between similar behavior and loon living in past background?

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Ask Libhater. He clearly has a problem with CAP's habits.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 01:31 PM

But Pete, he didn't write this, you did.

I'm really fascinated by the alleged connection between loons who live in the past and video games. I eagerly await your expanding on this opinion.

CAPUSAFcadet23
08-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Anti Freedom? LMFAO. I suppose banning those violent games and cleaning up the over imaginative minds of these immature teens which would ultimately lead to less if not any more school shootings is your way of saying--screw the killings, I just want to be able to play my violent games in the quiet surroundings of my parents' basement.

Where is my Lock-on duel? You won't be a half as good pilot as me!

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:43 PM
But Pete, he didn't write this, you did.

I'm really fascinated by the alleged connection between loons who live in the past and video games. I eagerly await your expanding on this opinion.

Old people tend to not get the attraction to video games. Why should they? I certainly don't. And I don't measure up in the old department. :shocked:

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 01:46 PM
So there is no connection? That seems to contradict your statement. If there's no connection, why bring either one up at the same time as the other?

Why don't you just admit you were blowing hot air with that statement.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 01:50 PM
So there is no connection? That seems to contradict your statement. If there's no connection, why bring either one up at the same time as the other?

Why don't you just admit you were blowing hot air with that statement.

So old people are hard core gamers? I will admit that I am wrong in super sized font. But I don't think so.

Ethereal
08-27-2014, 01:54 PM

A better idea would be to ban state actions like wars of aggression and police brutality. Better yet, we should ban macho posturing from male bimbos like yourself. It sets a bad example for the children.

Mainecoons
08-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Are loons who live in the past automatically old people? How did you get from one to the other?

I realize you are a lawyer and you specialize in obfuscation. Is that what is going on?

I'm old people. I don't video game but I know some who do. I also know some who live in the past and some who don't. One could argue that young Muslim radicals live in the past, hence there is no proven connection between "loons who live in the past" and age.

So let's remove that distraction and go back to your original statement where you appear to link video games and said loons together in the context of violence. I've provided you with a link about video-game violence links, can you provide us a similar substantiation that there may be some link between loons living in the past and violence?

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 02:19 PM
Old people aren't into video games. I get it.

PolWatch
08-27-2014, 02:31 PM
uh oh...I think I see a super-thread against ageism in our future! could be a relief from racism....

http://www.directsmiley.com/cat/10/10_1_138.gif

Private Pickle
08-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Why is the video game medium not respected? Roger Ebert did not consider them art. There are people calling for their censorship. Some want them to be relegated to children's entertainment. Should there be massive campaigns to get them to be more accepted in our society? Will the game industry make works that rival the best novels, movies, and TV shows? Is Brothers in Arms our Saving Private Ryan? Is Mass Effect our Star Trek/BSG?

Dude....there are bigger things going on to worry about...

Libhater
08-27-2014, 03:06 PM
Where is my Lock-on duel? You won't be a half as good pilot as me!

Is there anyone out there that can translate this mindless video game gobblygook into English for me?

CreepyOldDude
08-28-2014, 03:31 PM
Old people tend to not get the attraction to video games. Why should they? I certainly don't. And I don't measure up in the old department. :shocked:

Speak for yourself, whippersnapper.

This old man loves him some video games.