PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Kelly Ayotte Campaigns with Mitt Romney—a tryout for VP?

MMC
04-30-2012, 01:25 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9GPOFzb4er6h1wjGJ0ZiZw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/AP111120036780.jpg

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney plans to campaign Monday in New Hampshire with Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, whose name has been tossed around as a possible running mate. Like past appearances with other possible VP contenders such as Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, today's event could be viewed as a tryout for the young senator.
Ayotte, a New Hampshire native who endorsed Romney months before the primary there, has been coy about the prospects that she could be on the list to serve as Romney's number two this fall. She was an active surrogate for the former Massachusetts governor throughout the primary season.

Events like these act as trial runs for hypothetical tickets, giving the staff of each camp the opportunity to gauge the chemistry between the candidates and test the public perception of the duo in public.
In an interview with Fox News in November, Romney said he was considering her for the slot.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/sen-kelly-ayotte-campaigns-mitt-romney-tryout-vp-141708418.html

It appears Romney was looking at a Woman as his possible VP. According to Fox he told them back in November about Sen. Kelly Ayotte. Moderate Republican out of New Hampshire. Looks like they work well together. Plus she was one of the first to endorse him.

Conley
04-30-2012, 01:36 PM
This won't help him in the general. If he could get Rubio, that could hand him Florida, but why would Rubio want it? Especially if Rubio is planning a campaign of his own in 2016 it wouldn't be smart to possibly give Romney the office. If Romney won Rubio would have to wait until 2020 to run on his own ticket.

MMC
04-30-2012, 02:01 PM
Truly I didn't see her adding any strength to him. Not if she votes like Snowe and Collins.

Conley
04-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Right. Also, even if Romney could win NH in the general, which I don't think he will, it's not going to help put him in office. The last thing he needs on his ticket is another moderate GOP from New England.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 03:31 PM
A North Eastern establishment liberal on the ticket will sink it.

gophangover
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
A North Eastern establishment liberal on the ticket will sink it.

Actually, it's the only thing that will get the independent vote. The cons are going to vote for him just to get Obama out. Ayotte could take him to the center. The far right is a sure loser.

Peter1469
04-30-2012, 05:32 PM
I think that you are incorrect.

You fail to understand that the majority of independents are conservative (not neo, or social).

MMC
04-30-2012, 05:36 PM
pollreport (http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=pollreport) White House 2012: Obama 46% / Romney 47% (Gallup Daily national tracking, 4/24-29).....snip~

http://pollingreport.com/

Well according to the most recent poll.....looks like Romeny has the Lead with Independant voters for the moment.

Conley
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I think a lot of independents are going to sit this one out. Neither one of the big two is even worth going to the booth for unless you are already a rabid partisan.

MMC
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
I think a lot of independents are going to sit this one out. Neither one of the big two is even worth going to the booth for unless you are already a rabid partisan.

I agree with you.....this time round there wont be as many independants voting for Obama. But I do agree with Pete. Most older independants tend to lean to the right. Moreover Obama wont be able to pick of the youth vote. The way he did last time.

Case in point is the divison being created by The Democrats with their Divide and Conquer Rule. Right off the Top he isnt going to be able to pull that latin vote like he thought.

roadmaster
04-30-2012, 06:02 PM

As an independent I will be voting in Mitt as many of my friends that are independents. Most of us want Obama out.

MMC
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
According to Lou Dobbs and his Independant Tea partiers they wont be voting for Obama neither. :laugh:

Conley
04-30-2012, 06:13 PM
As an independent I will be voting in Mitt as many of my friends that are independents. Most of us want Obama out.

Well I will add those numbers to my statistical projections. :)

MMC
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Well I will add those numbers to my statistical projections. :)

Yes but thats not what hurts us. Its actually letting Democrats count their own votes. As we can see they are not very good with math or others peoples money. :laugh:

MMC
04-30-2012, 06:51 PM
BTW.....The Eye of Newt Offically will suspend his Campaign Wed. Think Romney will at least help Gig-n-Rich to pay off his debts? Do you think other than Ron Paul that Romney will have any spot for the other Candidates that ran against him?

gophangover
05-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I think that you are incorrect.

You fail to understand that the majority of independents are conservative (not neo, or social).

No, you are incorrect. The majority of independents are those that have left the spineless democrat party, socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Although the moderate cons have been purged from the GOP by the far right-wing teabaggers, it's not a majority of independents. Most independents like Bernie Sanders.

Captain Obvious
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
http://votingfemale.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/kelly-ayotte-sarah-palin.jpg

coolwalker
05-23-2012, 02:34 PM
This won't help him in the general. If he could get Rubio, that could hand him Florida, but why would Rubio want it? Especially if Rubio is planning a campaign of his own in 2016 it wouldn't be smart to possibly give Romney the office. If Romney won Rubio would have to wait until 2020 to run on his own ticket.

Rubio won't work. Yes, he's Latino, but also a Mormon and people might vote for 1, but not 2 Mormons. Also he has no executive experience. he is a nice guy and a great speaker, but he needs more experience and he himself has said that.

a777pilot
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Luis G Fortuno!

Now there's his VP.

MMC
05-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Romney should have considered Condi Rice.....IMO. It would have made him a stronger nominee. But I doubt she wants to be back involved with all the Neo-Cons he has on his Foreign Policy and Economics team.

a777pilot
05-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Romney should have considered Condi Rice.....IMO. It would have made him a stronger nominee. But I doubt she wants to be back involved with all the Neo-Cons he has on his Foreign Policy and Economics team.

As much as I despise this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, that occupies the White House, I would consider not voting rather than vote for person that would put that racist bitch, condi rice, on as his VP.

MMC
05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
As much as I despise this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle, that occupies the White House, I would consider not voting rather than vote for person that would put that racist bitch, condi rice, on as his VP.

Whats the problem with Condi Rice?

a777pilot
05-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Whats the problem with Condi Rice?

She's a racist. I don't like that.

a777pilot
05-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Maybe you would like me to expand on that "racist" comment. OK.

Ms. Rice is a very capable and exceptionally intelligent person. She has worked for and as a Republican most of her adult life. She was even the Secretary of State in a Republican Administration. Even with all that on her resume, she still voted for Obama, a very liberal Democrat. The only reason can be that Obama is reported to be black, like she is. That tells me that she made a life and death decision based solely on skin color. That to me the the classic definition of a racist.

As I said, I don't like that. The same goes for General Powell.