PDA

View Full Version : NeoCon Report cannot easily be dismissed

Ransom
08-27-2014, 08:27 PM
I reckon you'd have to call it Neocon. I mean, it is the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point. That's probably neocon hotbed, I mean what would West Point know about this Islamic State, right? This report claims IS hasn't become effective just here in June of 2014........that they've been an effective force beginning with the withdraw of American troops at the end of 2011. Course, I realize this makes those that have termed our withdraw 'way too early' dead on correct, hey, argue with West Point. They too seem to contradict INN opinions that this is all none of our business, West Point as well exposing with clarity who has been correct during these geopolitical debates.....and who has been flat out wrong.

Junior, how are you doing this evening?

http://www.examiner.com/article/west-point-isil-gained-strength-and-numbars-as-u-s-troops-withdrew-from-iraq

exotix
08-27-2014, 08:33 PM
'There were no terrorist-attacks on our watch ... so be frightened ... be very very frightened ... '

http://i61.tinypic.com/iw6i3a.jpg

Ransom
08-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Debt Clock....what up?

www.usdebtclock.org (http://www.usdebtclock.org)

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Gen Powell erred when he said if you break a nation you have to fix it.

We are a sovereign nation and can do as we choose. We made a mistake by attempting to bring Jeffersonian democracy to tribes in a desert. We should have replaced Saddam with another ruthless dictator who listened to us better.

No ISIL.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 08:38 PM
Debt Clock....what up?

www.usdebtclock.org (http://www.usdebtclock.org)

That was funny the first 10 times....

Ransom
08-27-2014, 08:41 PM
This a devastating blow to the INN geopolitical arguments and foolhardy guesswork and supposition regarding not only this reality of today's Iraq and Syria, but the entire Iraq War itself. It just reiterates my correct analysis that this forum needs some tightening up....and some homework done...before comment.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 08:44 PM
No it was not.

Ransom
08-27-2014, 08:47 PM

We are a sovereign nation and can do as we choose. We made a mistake by attempting to bring Jeffersonian democracy to tribes in a desert. We should have replaced Saddam with another ruthless dictator who listened to us better.

No ISIL.

Many Iraqis endeavored to vote, a Parliament was seated, albeit not a pro-American one. An insurgency had been defeated, the Iraqi economy was growing. This report highlights this IS growth from our withdraw, it is so f'n blatantly obvious now that we left too early....it's not even worthwhile discussing it further. Safe to say.....many contributors to talk forums and geopolitical discussions....boned their analysis from day one on this issue. And then there were the Uncle Ransom's as well who through the chatter and mock....come out smelling like roses....dead on balls accurate.

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Many Iraqis endeavored to vote, a Parliament was seated, albeit not a pro-American one. An insurgency had been defeated, the Iraqi economy was growing. This report highlights this IS growth from our withdraw, it is so f'n blatantly obvious now that we left too early....it's not even worthwhile discussing it further. Safe to say.....many contributors to talk forums and geopolitical discussions....boned their analysis from day one on this issue. And then there were the Uncle Ransom's as well who through the chatter and mock....come out smelling like roses....dead on balls accurate.
Dude, the people voted for who their sheiks said vote for....

You tried to bring Jeffersonian democracy to Iraq and not just failed. But utterly failed.

donttread
08-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I reckon you'd have to call it Neocon. I mean, it is the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point. That's probably neocon hotbed, I mean what would West Point know about this Islamic State, right? This report claims IS hasn't become effective just here in June of 2014........that they've been an effective force beginning with the withdraw of American troops at the end of 2011. Course, I realize this makes those that have termed our withdraw 'way too early' dead on correct, hey, argue with West Point. They too seem to contradict INN opinions that this is all none of our business, West Point as well exposing with clarity who has been correct during these geopolitical debates.....and who has been flat out wrong.

http://www.examiner.com/article/west-point-isil-gained-strength-and-numbars-as-u-s-troops-withdrew-from-iraq

How the hell can you leave a place too early when you never should of been there to begin with?

Peter1469
08-27-2014, 09:16 PM
How the hell can you leave a place too early when you never should of been there to begin with?

Ransom can't leave Iraq. He was never there.

Ransom
08-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Ransom can't leave Iraq. He was never there.

But, West Point was there. And claim we departed too early. But then, the departing too early was an INN/Pete supported policy....politically motivated...and obviously wrong. Again.

Peter1469
08-28-2014, 06:41 AM
We don't nation build well. We should have left them with a strong man.

Alyosha
08-28-2014, 07:56 AM
DISMISSED

That was pretty easy, actually.

Ransom
08-28-2014, 08:03 AM
We don't nation build well. We should have left them with a strong man.

Like a Bashar Assad. Or Saddam Hussein. So you can continue your sanction and your blockade and your drone strikes and your appeasement policies and your INN crowd nonsense....all over again. You have preached we come home. Withdraw. You have preached none of our business. Not in our national security interests. But, like the Obama Administration, you've now been cought napping.....and in error. I linked to threads last year....askinig the forum over and over an over and over and over and over again........can this be ignored? Look what's going on, look to current realities in Iraq and Syria, I claimed we had withdrawn too early...and for political reasons......

Look what's going on today. We don't hear none of our business anymore. Oh....from the Iso part of the INN crowd we still hear none of our business. I'm hearing today(have not confirmed) that many foreign fighters.as many as 500?........are Canadian.

I believe South Korea, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and most of the Western Hemisphere prove we do nation build very well. And I truly believe Iraq could have been managed differently, I believe we should have stayed in Iraq. And prevented this Maliki(who turned out to be this 'strongman' you speak to, Pete, by immediately purging government and military of everyone that didn't fit his agendas in Iraq)from pulling up the roots of democracy, I would have liked us to remain there......indefinitely. No time table. No talk of withdraw until military and political officials tell us the reality on the ground dictates such. We will know when to leave South Korea.....that today is the world's 7th largest exporter....while it's neighbor to the north that borders China....live in darkness and starvation. We're the only ones nation building Pete.....and you need to tighten up.

Your Thursday morning lesson, Junior. Please inform the break room where you work, they will be so impressed with you.

Ransom
08-28-2014, 08:08 AM
DISMISSED

That was pretty easy, actually.

By the Member much more informed than the Combating Terrorism yahoos at some rinky dink school called West Point. Where is West Point.....that somewhere in Oregon......state of Washington or something. And why would they think they'd know anything whatsoever about Terrorism, our Member Alyosha much more informed, if Alyosha doesn't think this report is relevant.....who are we to disagree?

Oops:cya20:

Alyosha
08-28-2014, 08:10 AM
By the Member much more informed than the Combating Terrorism yahoos at some rinky dink school called West Point. Where is West Point.....that somewhere in Oregon......state of Washington or something. And why would they think they'd know anything whatsoever about Terrorism, our Member Alyosha much more informed, if Alyosha doesn't think this report is relevant.....who are we to disagree?

Oops:cya20:

West Point, a military school, people who's bread and butter is war...would you also expect that makers of Prozac to come out with reports on exercise curing depression?

Ransom
08-28-2014, 08:16 AM
West Point, a military school, people who's bread and butter is war...would you also expect that makers of Prozac to come out with reports on exercise curing depression?

Oh, a military school? People who butter their bread with war. Well...even the great Alyosha will confirm there is a 'war' going on in Iraq and Syria whether we are involved or not. The Syrian civil war and conflict you're certainly aware of.....does it not make sense that people who butter their bread with war would know a tad more about it than say.......a tpf forum contributor?

And that's another big ol oopsy and we're so early in the day. Accuracy is vital, Alyosha, you'll note Pete's arguments over there looking like used charcoal......tread carefully.

Peter1469
08-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Do you deliberately misstate my policy positions? Sanctions? Blockades?

Like a Bashar Assad. Or Saddam Hussein. So you can continue your sanction and your blockade and your drone strikes and your appeasement policies and your INN crowd nonsense....all over again. You have preached we come home. Withdraw. You have preached none of our business. Not in our national security interests. But, like the Obama Administration, you've now been cought napping.....and in error. I linked to threads last year....askinig the forum over and over an over and over and over and over again........can this be ignored? Look what's going on, look to current realities in Iraq and Syria, I claimed we had withdrawn too early...and for political reasons......

Look what's going on today. We don't hear none of our business anymore. Oh....from the Iso part of the INN crowd we still hear none of our business. I'm hearing today(have not confirmed) that many foreign fighters.as many as 500?........are Canadian.

I believe South Korea, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, and most of the Western Hemisphere prove we do nation build very well. And I truly believe Iraq could have been managed differently, I believe we should have stayed in Iraq. And prevented this Maliki(who turned out to be this 'strongman' you speak to, Pete, by immediately purging government and military of everyone that didn't fit his agendas in Iraq)from pulling up the roots of democracy, I would have liked us to remain there......indefinitely. No time table. No talk of withdraw until military and political officials tell us the reality on the ground dictates such. We will know when to leave South Korea.....that today is the world's 7th largest exporter....while it's neighbor to the north that borders China....live in darkness and starvation. We're the only ones nation building Pete.....and you need to tighten up.

Your Thursday morning lesson, Junior. Please inform the break room where you work, they will be so impressed with you.

Mainecoons
08-28-2014, 08:26 AM

You mean the withdrawal negotiated during Bush's watch, under great pressure from the Iraqis for us to get out?

Oh, that one.

Ransom
08-28-2014, 09:57 AM
You mean the withdrawal negotiated during Bush's watch, under great pressure from the Iraqis for us to get out?

Yes, the one Bush opposed from the very start, Congressional pressure(from INNs), more to do with that withdrawl date than Bush. Bush consistently wanted reality on the ground to dictate withdraw scenarios, but I'm sure the Lancet covered that.

Oh, that one.

Yer in over your head here, Lance.

Ransom
08-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Do you deliberately misstate my policy positions? Sanctions? Blockades?

What should I do....link to a quote from John Bolton or John McCain. Or do I just claim you want 'boots on the ground' on a consistent basis?

F'n...oops. Don't hate the player Pete....hate the game you're currently getting your ass kicked in.

Mainecoons
08-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Yep, Bush fought about as hard for this one as he did to stop Fannie and Freddie from cratering the economy.

As usual, you can't back up your blaming Congress for something that Bush really didn't fight very hard for and that was what the Iraqis wanted in any case. Bush or no Bush, it was going to happen. And it did and they are paying the price. Because the only way Iraq was gong to avoid this end once we broke the place was a permanent U.S. military presence.

I have a head. What's your excuse genius?

Peter1469
08-28-2014, 10:58 AM
What should I do....link to a quote from John Bolton or John McCain. Or do I just claim you want 'boots on the ground' on a consistent basis?

F'n...oops. Don't hate the player Pete....hate the game you're currently getting your ass kicked in.

Oh :shocked:

Mainecoons
08-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Really Pete, how can you sit down after the "beating" you're getting from our Resident NeoCon?

Probably very easily. :rofl:

Peter1469
08-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Really Pete, how can you sit down after the "beating" you're getting from our Resident NeoCon?

You mean the fake ex-senior DoD civilian who doesn't know defense issues?

Mainecoons
08-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I mean this guy:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f3/Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

Ransom
08-28-2014, 04:14 PM
Yep, Bush fought about as hard for this one as he did to stop Fannie and Freddie from cratering the economy.

As usual, you can't back up your blaming Congress for something that Bush really didn't fight very hard for and that was what the Iraqis wanted in any case. Bush or no Bush, it was going to happen. And it did and they are paying the price. Because the only way Iraq was gong to avoid this end once we broke the place was a permanent U.S. military presence.

I have a head. What's your excuse genius?

I can't back up blaming Congress? Lance.....this is so easily shown or backed up....Bush agreed to a Dec 2011 date in his last month in office, December 2008 that was also bringing the current sofa agreement to an end in Iraq.....because Congress had refused to reauthorize the war without a certain withdraw date....the Iraqis also opposing Bush's policy of allowing realities on the ground in Iraq to dictate withdraw dates. This is all easily shown.....but what is so obvious is you don't know this. This was being played out on news everynight, Bush opposing certain withdraw dates tooth and nail, our Congress making 'benchmarks', threatening to withhold funds, and refusing to reauthorize a war requiring their authorization......that they had consistently authorized and facilitated while blaming it all on Bush. You....simply expose....your ignorance on this entire issue that is so easily 'backed up'......you just don't know it to be reality Lance....because concerning this war, you've been pied by the media piper. It's embarrassing how bad.

Ransom
08-29-2014, 07:42 AM

Uh oh. Judging from the silence, I'd reckon Lance went out and did some homework. And easily found Bush opposing every attempt at a date certain. The Congress.....by then all out liberal...House and Senate with dominant Lib Majorities.....set benchmarks....threatened to cut funding.....and threatened to not reauthorize, Bush would have been forced to leave in 2008 if he hadn't agreed to the 2011 timeline. Now....the embarrassments MUST STOP. This is a much more informed forum than to be pied by the piper regarding this conflict.....and you....Lance.....for the love of all that is holy...please....for Uncle Ransom.....do some f'n homework. Hopefully, you've done some here, your:cya20: probably means you've figured out that Uncle Ransom....is once again....dead on f'n balls accurate. Damn him.

nathanbforrest45
08-29-2014, 07:52 AM

You are so right. One should never ever ask a cardiologist if you might have a heart problem. After all, they are only interested in replacing heart valves and such.

Mainecoons
08-29-2014, 08:27 AM
Uh oh. Judging from the silence, I'd reckon Lance went out and did some homework. And easily found Bush opposing every attempt at a date certain. The Congress.....by then all out liberal...House and Senate with dominant Lib Majorities.....set benchmarks....threatened to cut funding.....and threatened to not reauthorize, Bush would have been forced to leave in 2008 if he hadn't agreed to the 2011 timeline. Now....the embarrassments MUST STOP. This is a much more informed forum than to be pied by the piper regarding this conflict.....and you....Lance.....for the love of all that is holy...please....for Uncle Ransom.....do some f'n homework. Hopefully, you've done some here, your:cya20: probably means you've figured out that Uncle Ransom....is once again....dead on f'n balls accurate. Damn him.

I told you that already, genius. The Iraquis called the shots. That's a matter of record. Now of course they realize they can't make it on their own with that Shia government--ever.

The solution is obvious--let their Shia brothers, the Iranians, come in and stomp on ISIS. That should get a whole bunch of them killed and their weapons blown up. Without our help.

Man, you really are a slow learner on this one.

Ransom
08-29-2014, 10:38 AM
I told you that already, genius. The Iraquis called the shots. That's a matter of record. Now of course they realize they can't make it on their own with that Shia government--ever.

You have just told me the timeline was Bush's. Once again....the timeline of Dec 2011 was agreed to in the status of forces agreement, Bush was tooth and nail opposed to any date certain, that was forced on him by Congress. Iraq wasn't calling the shots, but....did have heavy influence as the government that was formed was allowed to make its' own decisions. We left too early, you know it. I know it. Pete knows it. Everyone knows it.

The solution is obvious--let their Shia brothers, the Iranians, come in and stomp on ISIS. That should get a whole bunch of them killed and their weapons blown up. Without our help.

That the solution, Lance? Their Shia brothers.....aren't Arab's Lance. The Iranians are Persian, the ethnic differences and historical hatred for each other.....most easily found, you make this suggestion...with an utter lack of geopolitical command, noe knowledge of the region. Typical for anyone who would actually use the Lancet report(that you'll note....Lance has NEVER attempted to use as a reference again. Trust me, you've seen the last of the Lancet reports coming from Maine) as a source.

Man, you really are a slow learner on this one.

I've been a great teacher. For example......you'll never bring Lancet up again in a conversation about Iraq where you want to be taken seriously. You've now done your homework after Uncle Ransom told you to....and found out on your own that the report was politically motivated and grossly skewed using unreliable procedures and managed by politically motivated persons who then released that pile of trash 40 days before elections. You'll never be so easily led by the nose again, you'll do homework first. Thanks to UR.

Mainecoons
08-29-2014, 10:39 AM
No, I have never told you the timetable was Bush's. I told you the timetable was negotiated on his watch.

You're as reading challenged as most of the liberals here.

The rest of your stupid rant isn't worth my time or anyone else's. You've become the neocon version of Cigar here, not to be taken seriously. At least you aren't a similarly pervasive and obnoxious troll, thank you for that.

nathanbforrest45
08-29-2014, 10:43 AM
'There were no terrorist-attacks on our watch ... so be frightened ... be very very frightened ... '

http://i61.tinypic.com/iw6i3a.jpg

True, as long as you don't count Ft Hood or the Boston Marathon Bombing as terrorist attacks

Ransom
08-29-2014, 02:35 PM
No, I have never told you the timetable was Bush's. I told you the timetable was negotiated on his watch.

What is it with moving the goal posts in this forum, why do all you INNS find the need to do that?

You're as reading challenged as most of the liberals here.

Did you read Lancet first?

The rest of your stupid rant isn't worth my time or anyone else's. You've become the neocon version of Cigar here, not to be taken seriously. At least you aren't a similarly pervasive and obnoxious troll, thank you for that.

:director:Uncle Ransom is kicking my ass

Ransom
08-29-2014, 02:38 PM
And your exact words "As usual, you can't back up your blaming Congress for something that Bush really didn't fight very hard for"

Bush fought tooth and nail unti the very last month where pressure from mostly Congress forced him to accept a date certain for withdrawl.

You're in way over your pretty lil head here, Lance.

The Sage of Main Street
08-29-2014, 02:52 PM

No ISIL. Why should anyone listen to the CIA or Pentagon anymore? You're trying to evade by implying, "We were smart back then, but we are even smarter now."

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Why should anyone listen to the CIA or Pentagon anymore? You're trying to evade by implying, "We were smart back then, but we are even smarter now."

No Sage. That was not my point.

Ransom
08-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Why should anyone listen to the CIA or Pentagon anymore? You're trying to evade by implying, "We were smart back then, but we are even smarter now."

Yeah, we should all be listening to Sage.

The Sage of Main Street
08-30-2014, 01:26 PM
No Sage. That was not my point. Your point needs sharpening.

Peter1469
08-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Your point needs sharpening.

No, Sage, it doesn't.