PDA

View Full Version : Congress fumes as idle federal workers went shopping, sent on private errands

Professor Peabody
08-28-2014, 02:15 AM
Congress fumes as idle federal workers went shopping, sent on private errands

By Jim McElhatton - The Washington Times - Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The House’s top investigator pressed the Commerce Department on Wednesday to take action on a telework scandal at the U.S. Patent and Trade Organization, where dozens of paralegals got paid while they went shopping, watched television and caught up on chores — all with the knowledge of supervisors.

The time and attendance abuses went on for years, with the employees saying they were not assigned enough work, so their bosses let them use the time for personal business, according to a Commerce Department inspector general report last month.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/20/issa-presses-for-action-on-patent-office-staffing-/

The Obama administration obviously condones time and attendance abuses by Government workers, after all they don't fire anybody. Have the fired any IRS/IT tech workers? Not that I know of. Did they fire anyone at the DOJ over Fast & Furious? Not that I know of. Did they fire anyone at the State Dept over the 4 deaths in Benghazi? Not that I know of. There is never any justice for tax payers with the Obama Democrat Administration. Just keep paying more. Kids need new shoes? Too bad your taxes need to go up to pay for the "U.S. Patent and Trade Organization, where dozens of paralegals got paid while they went shopping, watched television and caught up on chores". Tired of paying and paying for foolishness like the above? In November you can choose between (D)'s and (R)'s. The Democrats have allowed waste like the above for years that they have been in control. The Republicans have been trying to reign in the off the hook spending like "dozens of paralegals got paid while they went shopping, watched television and caught up on chores", but they get thwarted every time by Harry Reid and his merry band of obstructionists. You can vote Democrat and just keep paying more and more taxes......it's up to you Americans.