PDA

View Full Version : Protestors To Sue Ferguson Police

Matty
08-29-2014, 10:50 AM
For forty million dollars. These people have no intelligence. Firstly they were protesting an event that they didn't even know the facts of. Secondly they are not suing
the police. They're really suing the Taxpayers of Ferguson. Actually the correct lawsuit is the taxpayers vs the protestors for tearing the town down!

More dumb shit in America!

http://www.971talk.com/news/national/protestors-suing-ferguson-police

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/28/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GS2KD20140828

Matty
08-29-2014, 10:52 AM

Mainecoons
08-29-2014, 10:54 AM
I think all the victims of their looting should sue the protesters for the same $40 million.

:grin:

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 11:00 AM
Let them sue themselves. I think the FOIA suit to release Brown's juvenile records is going to be far more interesting, since 2 sources in the PD say he was involved in a 2nd degree murder.

Mainecoons
08-29-2014, 11:02 AM
That cannot be possible since Cigar and his stable of liberal race panderers here have all assured us he was the equivalent of a pure altar boy who was gunned down in cold blood only because he was black. Pay no attention to the strong armed felony and the beating up of a cop on the way to heaven for Brown.

Obviously you are misinformed.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 11:06 AM
For forty million dollars. These people have no intelligence. Firstly they were protesting an event that they didn't even know the facts of. Secondly they are not suing
the police. They're really suing the Taxpayers of Ferguson. Actually the correct lawsuit is the taxpayers vs the protestors for tearing the town down!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/28/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GS2KD20140828

It will be interesting to see how the law suit turns out.

Mr. Right
08-29-2014, 11:20 AM
If they can seal the records of a questionable POTUS, concealing the records of a Vice Lords Gentle Giant should be childsplay.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 11:24 AM
Guess they can try to shut down the FOIA suit, but MO law allows it. So unless Holder steps in, I do believe those Juvenile records will come out. Case is set for Sept.3.

KC
08-29-2014, 11:42 AM
That cannot be possible since Cigar and his stable of liberal race panderers here have all assured us he was the equivalent of a pure altar boy who was gunned down in cold blood only because he was black. Pay no attention to the strong armed felony and the beating up of a cop on the way to heaven for Brown.

Obviously you are misinformed.

Stop with the personal attacks.

Adelaide
08-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Hold on - if you read the articles it sounds like those in the suit might have some grounds for what they are doing. Such as this (from the Reuters article in the OP):

One of the plaintiffs alleges she and her son were in a McDonald's restaurant when several police officers with rifles ordered them out. According to the suit, an officer threw her to the ground and handcuffed her, with she and her son both arrested.

Another plaintiff alleges he was trying to visit his mother in Ferguson when several police officers in military uniforms in her neighborhood shot him with rubber bullets. When he fell over, he was beaten and sprayed with pepper spray, the lawsuit says.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 11:51 AM
I expect that the cases will be quietly settled out of court.

Matty
08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Hold on - if you read the articles it sounds like those in the suit might have some grounds for what they are doing. Such as this (from the Reuters article in the OP):

My point is, since the police are a taxpayer funded organization, the lawsuit hurts the taxpayers not the police. The protestors tore the town down, looted and robbed, and burned businesses. To reward them is a travesty and injurious to the taxpayer. I predict the tax base will move out of that hell hole.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes, it's all about the money.

Matty
08-29-2014, 11:56 AM
I expect that the cases will be quietly settled out of court.
I hope not. I hope they are televised.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Yes, it's going to be the finishing shot for many in the town of ferguson.

Matty
08-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Yes, it's going to be the finishing shot for many in the town of ferguson.
It only had 21,000 residents to begin with. I wonder how much taxes will need to be raised to cover the law suit and to repair all the damages? It ain't worth it to stay there would be my best guess.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 12:01 PM
The Feds are already doling out money.

exotix
08-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Just In

The St. Louis cop who was suspended for pointing his semi-automatic rifle and threatening protesters in Ferguson, Missouri, has resigned

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/missouri-cop-resigns-after-pointing-rifle-ferguson-protesters-n191751

Lt. Ray Albers, who was put on indefinite leave from the St. Ann Police Department after being caught on a cellphone video that went viral, quit the job he had held since 1994 on Thursday. Albers could not be reached for comment.

The video showed the officer pointing his gun at a demonstrator who apparently had his hands up.

He cursed and appeared to say, "I will ... kill you" before a sergeant made him lower his weapon and walk away.

Albers was among the officers called in from neighboring towns to deal with unrest after a Ferguson police officer shot and killed an unarmed 18-year-old, Michael Brown on Aug. 9.

The video, which contains profanity, has gotten more than half a million hits on YouTube

Video Inside

http://i58.tinypic.com/2u8fhpu.png

zelmo1234
08-29-2014, 01:21 PM

Well then he should pull that shit up over his head, because if he is ever stopped by ISIS, that is what he will look like.

You can't fix stupid, only punish it!

zelmo1234
08-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Let them sue themselves. I think the FOIA suit to release Brown's juvenile records is going to be far more interesting, since 2 sources in the PD say he was involved in a 2nd degree murder.

It should be illegal to get those records they should be sealed

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 01:34 PM
I thought 'sealed' meant sealed? If the purpose is to admit that juveniles act like idiots and deserve a chance to grow up without paying for their dumb acts forever, why bother?

The Sage of Main Street
08-29-2014, 01:57 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/28/us-usa-missouri-shooting-idUSKBN0GS2KD20140828 The fans of a wannabe cop-killer were not protesters, they were trespassers. People need a permit to protest. If that had been denied, they still could have appealed, then sued for being deprived of legal freedom of assembly. But no one has a right to shut a city down. That is a riot, and must be put down with maximum force.

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:21 PM
I thought 'sealed' meant sealed? If the purpose is to admit that juveniles act like idiots and deserve a chance to grow up without paying for their dumb acts forever, why bother?
2nd degree murder is just a "dumb act"? You gotta be kidding me.

Cigar
08-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Voter Registrations, Voting and Lawsuits ... that's change you can count on.

They are almost 70% of the population ... so start kicking this mother fuckers out of office.

When you have them by the Wallet ... their hearts and minds will follow. :grin:

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:30 PM
if the records are sealed, how do you know the crime? What degree of murder should the child in AZ be charged with? Do you know the situation would be different in this case...since the files are sealed....

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Voter Registrations, Voting and Lawsuits ... that's change you can count on.

They are almost 70% of the population ... so start kicking this mother fuckers out of office.

When you have them by the Wallet ... their hearts and minds will follow. :grin:
You don't have anyone by the wallet. Wallets can walk. Ask Detroit.

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:32 PM
if the records are sealed, how do you know the crime? What degree of murder should the child in AZ be charged with? Do you know the situation would be different in this case...since the files are sealed....
Same way you know 2nd degree murder is a dumb act I suppose!

Cigar
08-29-2014, 02:32 PM
You don't have anyone by the wallet. Wallets can walk. Ask Detroit.

Obviously you're not a Lawyer :laugh:

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:34 PM
if the records are sealed you have no way to know that the crime was 2nd degree murder, or, even if you think you know that, you don't the details of the crime. Again, jumping to conclusions without all the facts isn't a good thing....

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Obviously you're not a Lawyer :laugh:
True. Say you sue and win the money. But the taxpayers have left the town. What have you won?

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:36 PM
if the records are sealed you have no way to know that the crime was 2nd degree murder, or, even if you think you know that, you don't the details of the crime. Again, jumping to conclusions without all the facts isn't a good thing....
You mean like you did yesterday about a cop who wasn't there?

PolWatch
08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Fact: Armed resource officer wasn't there
Fact: no one there was armed (except 14 year old with jammed gun)
Fact: no one was hurt
Fact: 14 year old was arrested & alive to serve his punishment

simple...huh?

Matty
08-29-2014, 02:42 PM
Fact: Armed resource officer wasn't there
Fact: no one there was armed (except 14 year old with jammed gun)
Fact: no one was hurt
Fact: 14 year old was arrested & alive to serve his punishment

simple...huh?
Nope! You made the ASSumption yesterday that if the cop had been present he would have shot the kid.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 03:50 PM
It should be illegal to get those records they should be sealed

Mo law says if he is dead it no longer matters and they become open public record.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Mo law says if he is dead it no longer matters and they become open public record.

I would imagine that death removes the protection over the records.

momsapplepie
08-29-2014, 04:00 PM
I would imagine that death removes the protection over the records.

That's the law there.

Peter1469
08-29-2014, 04:03 PM
That's the law there.

I am not surprised. I didn't look it up to verify.