PDA

View Full Version : Texas ~ Federal Judge throws out key abortion restrictions

exotix
08-29-2014, 07:14 PM
Just In

Federal Judge Halts Key Part of Restrictive Texas Abortion Law

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/federal-judge-halts-key-part-restrictive-texas-abortion-law-n192281

U.S. District Judge Lee Yeakel sided with clinics that sued over one of the most disputed measures of a sweeping anti-abortion bill signed by Republican Gov. Rick Perry in 2013.

The ruling stops new restrictions that would have left just seven abortion facilities open in Texas by Sept. 1; there are currently 19 providers in Texas, according to the groups challenging the law.

"The overall effect of the provisions is to create an impermissible obstacle as applied to all women seeking a previability abortion," Yeakel wrote in his 21-page ruling.

The trial in Texas was the latest battle over tough new abortion restrictions sweeping across the U.S. Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, a Republican who is the favorite to become governor next year, was expected to appeal.

Pro-choice protesters march down Congress Avenue and back to the Texas state capitol as pro-life supporters and pro-choice protesters rally at the Texas state capitol in favor and against the new controversial abortion legislation up for a vote in the state legislature, on July 8, 2013 in Austin Texas.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry called on a second legislative special session to pass an restrictive abortion law through the Texas legislature.

The first attempt was defeated after opponents of the law were able to stall the vote until after first special session had ended.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/e423f7dd201c025c904981fe46f0c8279d13cd41/c=0-0-533-400&r=x383&c=540x380/local/-/media/KVUE/KVUE/2014/08/29/1409350369000-1407959602000-173156687.jpg

hanger4
08-29-2014, 08:01 PM
What's the key provision struck down exotix ??

Mr. Right
08-29-2014, 09:00 PM
I guess Exo is just thrilled that little tissue masses with little arms, fingers, feet with toes can be ejected with impunity. Whatever.

hanger4
08-30-2014, 09:10 AM
Ohhhh exotix, have you abandoned your thread without defence ??

hanger4
08-31-2014, 12:42 PM
A bump for exotix. What's up with you girly ??

Chris
08-31-2014, 12:56 PM
Interesting, clinics have rights but corporations like Hobby Lobby shouldn't.

hanger4
08-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Interesting, clinics have rights but corporations like Hobby Lobby shouldn't.It's the politicos way. All right by my side, all wrong by the other side.

nathanbforrest45
08-31-2014, 07:36 PM
I have never understood why abortion clinics were not subject to the same regulations as dentist, tattoo parlors and chiropractors.

hanger4
09-01-2014, 06:44 AM
I have never understood why abortion clinics were not subject to the same regulations as dentist, tattoo parlors and chiropractors.Yup, back in the day that was one of the legalizing calls. Out of the alleys and backrooms, sanitary. Now they complain. Who knew ??

Bob
09-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Can you just see a Walmart with an abortion place? I hate to call them clinics since they are execution chambers.

exotix
09-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Can you just see a Walmart with an abortion place? I hate to call them clinics since they are execution chambers.
Abortion used to be sacred-thing ... where a woman or man and woman used to make personal decisions ... look how conservatism has used as a fundraising election platform since 2010 since the great lie of Jobs Jobs Jobs they campaigned on.

hanger4
09-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Abortion used to be sacred-thing ... where a woman or man and woman used to make personal decisions ... look how conservatism has used as a fundraising election platform since 2010 since the great lie of Jobs Jobs Jobs they campaigned on.Abortion is still a personal and private decision. Your jobs, jobs, jobs rant is irrelevant to your own thread. Question exotix why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ??

Matty
09-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Abortion used to be sacred-thing ... where a woman or man and woman used to make personal decisions ... look how conservatism has used as a fundraising election platform since 2010 since the great lie of Jobs Jobs Jobs they campaigned on.

It's fucking cool when ASSHOoLe liberals bitch about conservatives wanting small vulnerable human beings to live and not be slaughtered. Let them have at it. I am proud to say I knew better. I am proud to say I never swallowed the lie.

exotix
09-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Abortion is still a personal and private decision. Your jobs, jobs, jobs rant is irrelevant to your ownthread. Question, why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ??
Yes ?

Check me out on this one ... how does one call for a woman to carry to term a rapists baby (legita-rape) by threatening her with capital-murder of a zygote and sending her to death-row (Personhood) ... while at the same time screaming & wailing in outrage that your 2nd Amendment Rights are getting attacked everytime a mass-murderer grabs a gun and massacres innocent men, women, children and kindergartners ... as the one true defining concept/identity of conservatism ?

Really ?

Why don't you join ISIS ?

Matty
09-01-2014, 09:58 AM
Abortion is still a personal and private decision. Your jobs, jobs, jobs rant is irrelevant to your own thread. Question @exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516) why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ??
Yep they fought and won the right to slaughter the unborn in unclean clinics with no hospital back up. That's quite a victory.

Matty
09-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Yes ?

Check me out on this one ... how does one call for a woman to carry to term a rapists baby (legita-rape) by threatening her with capital-murder of a zygote and sending her to death-row (Personhood) ... while at the same time screaming & wailing in outrage that your 2nd Amendment Rights are getting attacked everytime a mass-murderer grabs a gun and massacres innocent men, women, children and kindergartners ... as the one true defining concept/identity of conservatism ?

Really ?

Back to the rape bullshit. Rape does not account for 40 million abortions.

Mainecoons
09-01-2014, 10:20 AM
Well in excess of 90 percent of abortions are performed for the "convenience" of the mother. It is the greatest mass murder in history, followed only by those conducted by the communists in both Russia and China.

Hitler was a piker compared to the communists and the abortionists. However, the latter perform PC mass murder so it is OK.

Rampant abortion and drug use should convince even the most dense just how socially degenerate the western world is. The Islamists just need to wait us out. We'll take care of doing ourselves in, no need to waste bombs or gunpowder.

Chris
09-01-2014, 10:46 AM

Abortion is still a personal and private decision. Your jobs, jobs, jobs rant is irrelevant to your own thread. Question exotix why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ??

Yes ?

Really ?

#1, that probably deserves some kind of James Joyce Finnegan's Wake award for utter obfuscation.

#2, you started a subtopic, it was responded to and after all that deliberate obfuscation you forgot to address your own point.

#3, you seem to want to argue someone argues rape victims should be executed. Who? Why?

What's a "legita-rape"?

Why do you associate the progressive personhood argument with deathrow?

And what's any of that got to do with the 2nd amendment and mass murderers?

Do you even know what you're saying?

hanger4
09-01-2014, 01:27 PM
Why do you avoid the question exotix why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ?? This your thread and your first post is distraction, what's your problem ??

Mr. Right
09-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Why do you avoid the question @exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516) why aren't you ok with these clinics being sanitary ?? This your thread and your first post is distraction, what's your problem ??

This is fairly easy, hanger4: She believes her (it?) own bullshit and she (it?) is crazy enough to think others will buy it as well. When logic fails, insanity seems to be the substitute.

Bob
09-01-2014, 06:17 PM

How is executing a child sacred?

momsapplepie
09-01-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I asked what a legita-rape was before and never got an answer.

Peter1469
09-01-2014, 06:44 PM

That is because it is a term somebody on the fringe made and people not on the fringe don't feel obligated to defend him.

momsapplepie
09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Ok, fringe term, but still, what does it mean?

Peter1469
09-01-2014, 06:57 PM

You will have to find someone who can explain it to you. I never heard the term before.

momsapplepie
09-01-2014, 07:09 PM
So, exotix , what is legita-rape?

BB-35
09-01-2014, 07:19 PM

Abortion on demand,if anything,has cheapened life

Alyosha
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Exotix will say that legita-rape is what Todd Akin was talking about where the woman will self-abort a rapist's child.

BB-35
09-01-2014, 07:24 PM
Yes ?

Really ?

Aight sunshine,since you have taken on the role of the almighty,when does life start?

Mr. Right
09-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Exotix will say that legita-rape is what Todd Akin was talking about where the woman will self-abort a rapist's child.

And that happens, what... in 1 in 290,000 cases of abortion?

Chris
09-01-2014, 07:34 PM

Hmm, so, looking it up, Akin said in legitimate cases of rape a woman will naturally abort and if anything the rapist should be punished.

Sorry, but knowing that doesn't help decipher what exo said: "how does one call for a woman to carry to term a rapists baby (legita-rape) by threatening her with capital-murder of a zygote and sending her to death-row (Personhood)..."

exotix
09-01-2014, 11:14 PM
This is fairly easy, @hanger4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=403): She believes her (it?) own bullshit and she (it?) is crazy enough to think others will buy it as well. When logic fails, insanity seems to be the substitute.

So, @exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516) , what is legita-rape?
Aight sunshine,since you have taken on the role of the almighty,when does life start?
Hmm, so, looking it up, Akin said in legitimate cases of rape a woman will naturally abort and if anything the rapist should be punished.

Sorry, but knowing that doesn't help decipher what exo said: "how does one call for a woman to carry to term a rapists baby (legita-rape) by threatening her with capital-murder of a zygote and sending her to death-row (Personhood)..."
Well say for instance, how many of these tea party conservatives who an made election-platform of legita-rape ... that is, a woman must carry to term a baby after a rapists' insemination and pregnancy (Personhood) ... survived the 2012 election ?

http://i61.tinypic.com/dxfyu0.jpg

BB-35
09-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Well say for instance, how many of these tea party conservatives who an made election-platform of legita-rape ... that is, a woman must carry to term a baby after a rapists' insemination and pregnancy (Personhood) ... survived the 2012 election ?

Once AGAIN you don't answer the questions,instead mistaking republicans for tea party members.......................

exotix
09-01-2014, 11:42 PM
Once AGAIN you don't answer the questions,instead mistaking republicans for tea party members.......................
You have a point ... now, who mistakes the tea party for republicans ... *snicker*

momsapplepie
09-02-2014, 01:49 AM

What was that?
a mosquito that tried to speak for someone else? buzz on by.

I asked the speaker of such pronunciation.

momsapplepie
09-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Again, let's explore LIGITA_RAPE.
You fail to give an explanation, so I have to try to reason what the heck you are trying to intimate.
Do you think there is a reason that women should be raped? There is some excuse for LEGITA- RAPE?
There is RAPE for some REASON that you see as legitimate?
or is it your screwed up mind for political purposes?
Really, that is some screwed up reasoning.
What is wrong with you? Get some help!
and I'm not talking about your "guidance" councilor de jour. Stand on your own feet for once.

momsapplepie
09-02-2014, 02:37 AM
Yeah. That's what I thought.
There's no excuse for crying about being a female if you can't back yourself up.

Chris
09-02-2014, 07:23 AM

None made the statement you invent. First, you misunderstand their meaning, they don't mean legitimate rape but legitimate cases of rape--world of difference. Second, the one they want punished is the rapist. Listen, I understand you feel you can flame bait the way you do, but at least get the facts straight.

exotix
09-02-2014, 07:37 AM
None made the statement you invent. First, you misunderstand their meaning, they don't mean legitimate rape but legitimate cases of rape--world of difference. Second, the one they want punished is the rapist. Listen, I understand you feel you can flame bait the way you do, but at least get the facts straight.
Yes ?

Break it down for us ... what did *legitimate cases of rape* actually pertain too ... especially as a tea party/GOP campaign election platform ?

Chris
09-02-2014, 07:41 AM
Yes ?

Break it down for us ... what did *legitimate cases of rape* actually pertain too ... especially as a tea party/GOP campaign election platform ?

Already did break it down in posts 31 and 38.

To Tea Party? Absolutely nothing. That's just another example of your flame baiting. It's quite obvious all you do is string baits together into the semblance of sentences.

PolWatch
09-02-2014, 07:44 AM

best definition: idiocy from the far right wing...

from Forbes:

In a recent interview (shown in full here (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php#ooid=84cTVvNTqIw6Oot8JC0mYfPqHQAjRcwb)), Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

exotix
09-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Already did break it down in posts 31 and 38.

To Tea Party? Absolutely nothing. That's just another example of your flame baiting. It's quite obvious all you do is string baits together into the semblance of sentences.
Well what I meant was ... does a woman have to carry a zygote to term while it's determined if in fact she was raped ... and the rapist is actually a rapist ?

Chris
09-02-2014, 07:49 AM
Well what I meant was ... does a woman have to carry a zygote to term while it's determined if in fact she was raped ... and the rapist is actually a rapist ?

Well, that's what "legit-rape" was about now wasn't it.

Chris
09-02-2014, 07:50 AM
best definition: idiocy from the far right wing...

from Forbes:

In a recent interview (shown in full here (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php#ooid=84cTVvNTqIw6Oot8JC0mYfPqHQAjRcwb)), Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

He clarified since that what he meant was legitimate cases of rape.

He certainly has no clue when saying things like "unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy."

exotix
09-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Well, that's what "legit-rape" was about now wasn't it.
Kind of like saying Saddam attacked us on 9/11 then invade Iraq because he has WMD's.

Chris
09-02-2014, 07:55 AM
Kind of like saying Saddam attacked us on 9/11 then invade Iraq because he has WMD's.

Now you're back to distorting reality. Sorry, not interested.

exotix
09-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Now you're back to distorting reality. Sorry, not interested.
Got to be better than tea party pro-life even when raped.

Chris
09-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Got to be better than tea party pro-life even when raped.

Comments about "legiti-rape" didn't say that. Nor were they from Tea Partiers. Why are you back to baiting with made up nonsense?

exotix
09-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Comments about "legiti-rape" didn't say that. Nor were they from Tea Partiers. Why are you back to baiting with made up nonsense?
I'm merely *dancing* until you admit you're behind legita-rape all the way ... that is, a zygote is a person and a woman is a murderer if she aborts her pregnancy by a rapist ...

... with the attendant notion I can dance all damn day ... LOL.

Chris
09-02-2014, 08:17 AM
I'm merely *dancing* until you admit you're behind legita-rape all the way ... that is, a zygote is a person and a woman is a murderer if she aborts her pregnancy by a rapist ...

... with the attendant notion I can dance all damn day ... LOL.

Facts: 1 One lie of yours already exposed: "legita-rape" was clarified as legitimate cases of rape. 2 Another lie of yours already exposed: "a zygote is a person" is the progressive personhood argument. Scientifically the zygote is a living human being. 3 Yet another lie of yours already exposed: "a woman is a murderer if she aborts her pregnancy by a rapist" was not what was said, what was said was the rapist deserves to be punished.

Again, you're merely baiting with lies. If that's what you call dancing, so be it. Keep exposing yourself for all to see. Personally, I think such posting in bad faith perverted.

exotix
09-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Facts: 1 One lie of yours already exposed: "legita-rape" was clarified as legitimate cases of rape. 2 Another lie of yours already exposed: "a zygote is a person" is the progressive personhood argument. Scientifically the zygote is a living human being. 3 Yet another lie of yours already exposed: "a woman is a murderer if she aborts her pregnancy by a rapist" was not what was said, what was said was the rapist deserves to be punished.

Again, you're merely baiting with lies. If that's what you call dancing, so be it. Keep exposing yourself for all to see. Personally, I think such posting in bad faith perverted.
Well, I'm dancing ... until you admit a woman must carry to term a rapists baby.

Chris
09-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Well, I'm dancing ... until you admit a woman must carry to term a rapists baby.

Nice euphemism I suppose for baiting with lies.

Another baiting lie: "until you admit a woman must carry to term a rapists baby" -- in relation to Todd Akin's legitimate cases of rape, no one said that. Why are you making it up?

exotix
09-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Nice euphemism I suppose for baiting with lies.

Another baiting lie: "until you admit a woman must carry to term a rapists baby" -- in relation to Todd Akin's legitimate cases of rape, no one said that. Why are you making it up?
I said dance Baby ... LOL

Chris
09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I said dance Baby ... LOL

Now you're just getting confused. You said above "I'm merely *dancing*" and "Well, I'm dancing". Sorry, I don't dance.

Peter1469
09-02-2014, 02:26 PM
The democrats should be defined by what their more controversial / silly members say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WSs9B4H5s

monk
09-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Interesting, clinics have rights but corporations like Hobby Lobby shouldn't.
How about both of them having rights??

Chris
09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
How about both of them having rights??

Would get us closer to rule by law.