PDA

View Full Version : Utilities in Florida scared half to death Christ will win

Bob
09-01-2014, 08:59 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/florida-power-utilities-fear-return-green-governor-crist-122411212--finance.html

When Charlie Crist last governed Florida, his green energy and climate policies made him few friends among the state's powerful electricity corporations.
Now, as the Republican-turned Democrat bids to return to the governor's mansion, it may be payback time.
Florida's three largest utilities have poured money into the re-election campaign of Republican incumbent Governor Rick Scott in an expensive and closely watched political battle for the nation's largest swing state.
The election spending is notable in a tight race where the issues of energy and climate change have taken center stage in recent weeks, with both candidates asserting their environmental credentials.
As Republican governor between 2007 and 2011, Crist "sent shivers through the entire utility system," said Colleen Castille, who headed the Florida Department of Environmental Protection under Governor Jeb Bush.

sachem
09-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh Christ. Do you mean Crist?

Animal Mother
09-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Oh Christ. Do you mean Crist?

I just blew coffee right out my nose. LOL. Best thread ever!

Bob
09-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I laughed at myself too,. As I am having a glorious watermelon.

Redrose
09-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Crist is bad news for Florida. He's a flip flopper and two faced. He does what's good for him. All our family is in Florida, I pray he loses.

Green Arrow
09-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Crist is bad news for Florida. He's a flip flopper and two faced. He does what's good for him. All our family is in Florida, I pray he loses.

I'm sure he is, however, the thread is clearly about Jesus Christ. Why he chose to run in Florida, though, is beyond me. You'd think a state known for an abundance of Jewish retirees wouldn't exactly be a favorable audience.

Mr. Right
09-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Scott's PAC is running some scathing ads about Crist that if true, Crist would be looking at jail time. Scott just cut the fees on registering vehicles at the DMV. That's good news for me as I'm getting the new-to-me H-D registered this week.

midcan5
09-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Half scared to death? Does anyone know how we can complete this equation? Maybe tell them Rick Scott will win again, would that fill the other half.

"The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for." Ludwig Wittgenstein

Libhater
09-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Yeah, that guy crist goes from soft/moderate Republican to rino after hugging Obama, to I believe independent, and now to a full fledged progressive commie, and he thinks he has a chance to get back the governorship? Over my fully loaded plastic machine gun! I'm a Florida resident now, and this swing state means too much for we Conservative Republicans to allow that weasel to hold the top spot.

Mainecoons
09-02-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm sure he is, however, the thread is clearly about Jesus Christ. Why he chose to run in Florida, though, is beyond me. You'd think a state known for an abundance of Jewish retirees wouldn't exactly be a favorable audience.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: