PDA

View Full Version : I have a question for my Republican friends.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Yes, that sounds like the setup for a smackdown, but though the question is pointed, it is also in earnest.

I’d seriously like to know: :huh:

If GOP Is So Right, Why Are Red States So Far Behind?

If Republican fiscal policies really are the key to prosperity, if the GOP formula of low taxes and little regulation really does unleash economic growth, then why has the country fared better under Democratic presidents than Republican ones and why are red states the poorest states in the country?

You may recall that Bill Clinton touched on this at the 2012 Democratic Convention. He claimed that, of all the private sector jobs created since 1961, 24 million had come under Republican presidents and a whopping 42 million under Democrats. After Clinton said that, I waited for PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking organization, to knock down what I assumed was an obvious exaggeration.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/gop-right-red-states-far-behind/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NM_Master_List&utm_campaign=Daily Newsletter - September 3 2014&utm_content=Final

Mister D
09-03-2014, 10:30 AM
It can't be in earnest. This canard has been posted at least a dozen times on this forum and at least half a dozen times by you.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:32 AM
It can't be in earnest. This canard has been posted at least a dozen times on this forum and at least half a dozen times by you.

I just thought you'd finally have the Balls to answer the question ... I guess not. :wink:

Mister D
Why is Texas only middling in terms of per capita income? Why is Mississippi not a roaring engine of economic growth?

Very simple. texas has absorbed a legion of unskilled, uneducated migranst from Latin America. Mississippi is one of the blackest states in the country. :smiley:

Mister D
I just thought you'd finally have the Balls to answer the question ... I guess not. :wink:

I've answered the question a dozen times. :wink:

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Very simple. texas has absorbed a legion of unskilled, uneducated migranst from Latin America. Mississippi is one of the blackest states in the country. :smiley:

Oh I got it ... it's "those" people fault ... :roflmao:

When in charge ... punt :laugh:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Oh I got it ... it's "those" people fault ... :roflmao:

When in charge ... punt :laugh:

It's the same argument you're making. :roflmao: You won't see the humor in that. The smart folks will.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:39 AM
I've answered the question a dozen times. :wink:

Got it ... when you have the Keys to the Car ... the Road is in charge :grin:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Got it ... when you have the Keys to the Car ... the Road is in charge :grin:

If you don't maintain your car it won't perform well. :wink:

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:43 AM
NEXT:

This is a legitimate question; therefore would someone like to help Mister D out of the hole he dug for himself with facts?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:45 AM
If you don't maintain your car it won't perform well. :wink:

Democrats have been saying that for the last 6 years ... try again :laugh:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Democrats have been saying that for the last 6 years ... try again :laugh:

:huh:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 10:56 AM
It is very simple Cigar!

When you look at the time period you have Clinton and Kennedy that are responsible for nearly all of those jobs created?

Here is a hint look at the Tax cuts of 63 and 96 or 97 I can't remember. They created millions of jobs and they are the same trickle down policies used by the republicans.

Also are they counting the jobs lost in 2009 for Bush or Obama, most are tagging those for Bush, That is OK but lets look at the policies that created the housing collapse and the dot come bubble, were they signed into law by republicans or Democrats?

You said that you wanted to be Sincere? So how do you feel about these things

Cigar
09-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Sorry Dude ... the Factual Data don't back your GOP Talking Points. :laugh:

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
:huh:

What ... American Bridges don't need maintenance? :rollseyes:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Here are the top 10 areas for large gaps between the rich and poor and their income-inequality ratios:
(Note: Some states appear to be tied due to rounding.)
1. Washington, D.C. (2.60)
2. California (2.55)
3. New York (2.50)
4. New Jersey (2.45)
5. Michigan (2.43)
6. Illinois (2.41)
7. Texas (2.40)
8. Louisiana (2.38)
9. Maryland (2.38)
10. Virginia (2.38)

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/03/prweb11649625.htm

Now if one wants to make this partisan (I was going to say ideological but their ideologies are the same) the above is far more damning.

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:02 AM
What ... American Bridges don't need maintenance? :rollseyes:

Dude, do you have ADD? or is it the crack?

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:03 AM
So I have a question Cigar Why is income inequality so much higher in blue states? :grin:

Alyosha
09-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Yes, that sounds like the setup for a smackdown, but though the question is pointed, it is also in earnest.

If Republican fiscal policies really are the key to prosperity, if the GOP formula of low taxes and little regulation really does unleash economic growth, then why has the country fared better under Democratic presidents than Republican ones and why are red states the poorest states in the country?

You may recall that Bill Clinton touched on this at the 2012 Democratic Convention. He claimed that, of all the private sector jobs created since 1961, 24 million had come under Republican presidents and a whopping 42 million under Democrats. After Clinton said that, I waited for PolitiFact, the nonpartisan fact-checking organization, to knock down what I assumed was an obvious exaggeration.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/gop-right-red-states-far-behind/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=NM_Master_List&utm_campaign=Daily Newsletter - September 3 2014&utm_content=Final

Because people value profit-service industry jobs and banking jobs over other types of industry which is why a banker makes more than a farmer.

If farmers charged more red states would do better.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:28 AM
So I have a question @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) Why is income inequality so much higher in blue states? :grin:

More income, more income inequality ... that's the case everywhere

Try again sport

Alyosha
09-03-2014, 11:29 AM

Try again sport

Not if liberals stayed true to their word. Pay the workers more in blue states if you care more.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Because people value profit-service industry jobs and banking jobs over other types of industry which is why a banker makes more than a farmer.

If farmers charged more red states would do better.

Manufacturing Jobs went south for Free-stuff ... Congratulations

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Not if liberals stayed true to their word. Pay the workers more in blue states if you care more.

Pay attention ... it's happening.

They are the only ones rasing the minimum wage.

Try again

Matty
09-03-2014, 11:32 AM
Chris Christi is in Mexico now wheelin and dealin for Jersey. He will never be President. He's a liberal.

Alyosha
09-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Pay attention ... it's happening.

They are the only ones rasing the minimum wage.

Try again

Pay attention. NO one forces them to pay only minimum wage. They can choose to pay their employees more but don't. Instead they say they support an increase they know will not happen.

Pay them more and the wage disparity goes.

They're hypocrites is all. :)

Cigar
Chris Christi is in Mexico now wheelin and dealin for Jersey. He will never be President. He's a liberal.

I could have told you that two years ago :laugh:

Mister D

Try again sport

:laugh: Uh, no. Let me break out the crayons for you, Toby. Let's say that MS and IL both have a $1,000,000. That $1,000,000 is spread more evenly among the residents of MS than it is among the residents of IL. Understand now?

So tell us...why do democrats pontificate on income inequality when blue states have the highest income inequality?\
Cigar

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:37 AM
:laugh: Uh, no. Let me break out the crayons for you, Toby. Let's say that MS and IL both have a $1,000,000. That $1,000,000 is spread more evenly among the residents of MS than it is among the residents of IL. Understand now?

So tell us...why do democrats pontificate on income inequality when blue states have the highest income inequality?\
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)

WTF are you talking about ... are you suggesting a Political Democratic Party take over Private Republicans Corporate Donors :grin:

I'm sure Koch Suckers will like you.

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:38 AM
WTF are you talking about ... are you suggesting a Political Democratic Party take over Private Republicans Corporate Donors :grin:

I'm sure Koch Suckers will like you.

Cigar, when you don't have a coherent reply just don't reply. Maintain some dignity for once.

Cigar

Back to the real question everyone here is trying to dodge ... If GOP Is So Right, Why Are Red States So Far Behind?

Cigar
Cigar, when you don't have a coherent reply just don't reply. Maintain some dignity for once.

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:39 AM

Tell us.

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:40 AM
Back to the real question everyone here is trying to dodge ... If GOP Is So Right, Why Are Red States So Far Behind?

:laugh: You don't look the worse for wear, lil' bitch.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Sorry Dude ... the Factual Data don't back your GOP Talking Points. :laugh:

Well actually it does and this just shows that you like most liberals were lying when you said that you wanted a serious conversation.

It has been posted at least 100 times and the highest jobs growth and revenue growth in this country have come following the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and GWB

So what now?

midcan5
09-03-2014, 11:41 AM
'What's the Matter with Kansas?' For that matter what's the matter with the red states? Anti labor, anti union, anti fair wage, and on and on. A question I have to ask is when did the republican become stupid? Anti-science, anti education, anti government and on and on again. Religious and racist adds to the equation as shown by a few replies above. It may just be our civilization is crumbing as all do from within. Consider for instance the republican house and those in the senate, they do nothing, nothing. But many readers on this site praise them and vote for them and blame others. This as they do nothing for the American worker. You'd think that some would wake from this bubble world? You'd think. Again when did one side become so dumb? And it shows in their stats.

A few reasons are covered in this thread: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/31136-This-Labor-Day

PolWatch
09-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Why worry? 2012 numbers:

States receiving the most federal funding per tax dollar paid:

1. New Mexico: $2.63
2. West Virginia: $2.57
3. Mississippi: $2.47
4. District of Colombia: $2.41
5. Hawaii: $2.38
6. Alabama: $2.03
7. Alaska: $1.93
8. Montana: $1.92
9. South Carolina: $1.92
10. Maine: $1.78

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:46 AM
:laugh: You don't look the worse for wear, lil' bitch.

Hay ... Look ... we've made it to the next stage of Right-Wing stupidity on this forum ... when you can't attack the Thread, attack the Forum Member.

:laugh: Ok ... who's next?

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:47 AM

Are you counting WI, MI ,IN, OH, PA as red or blue states, They have Republicans govs that have changed the business climate and turned the economy but voted for Obama.

So if you say that states run by Democrat Gov's or Republican Gov's it makes a difference.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:47 AM
Well actually it does and this just shows that you like most liberals were lying when you said that you wanted a serious conversation.

It has been posted at least 100 times and the highest jobs growth and revenue growth in this country have come following the tax cuts of Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton and GWB

So what now?

Sorry .. you're Missing-Link isn't showing your facts. :wink:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM
Hay ... Look ... we've made it to the next stage of Right-Wing stupidity on this forum ... when you can't attack the Thread, attack the Forum Member.

Still waiting for you to tell me why the largest growth in employment in the country always follows tax cuts?

You blew that off remember?

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:48 AM

Hay is for horses, Toby. Speaking of which, get back to work! :laugh:

So can anyone tell us why Democrats spend so much time talking about income inequality when they have so much of that inequality in the states they supposedly control?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Are you counting WI, MI ,IN, OH, PA as red or blue states, They have Republicans govs that have changed the business climate and turned the economy but voted for Obama.

So if you say that states run by Democrat Gov's or Republican Gov's it makes a difference.

Wait ... WI, MI ... and others .... didn't those Governors promise Jobs increases?

Well ... where are they?

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Sorry .. you're Missing-Link isn't showing your facts. :wink:

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

This is what really pisses me off! here it is again. for at least the 100th time, and it still has not changed.

And what will happen now is you will abandon the thread and bring it back next week claiming that it did not happen again.

You want to be serious.

The large tax cuts since 1960 came as follows

Kennedy 1963

Reagan 1983

Clinton 1996

GWB 2003

So tell me why does unemployment drop dramatically and the work force participation rise at the same time?

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Wait ... WI, MI ... and others .... didn't those Governors promise Jobs increases?

Well ... where are they?

Nice dodge. :grin: Man, you're getting stomped. I love a good Cigar stomp.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Well ... where are they?

http://www.milmi.org/

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=unemployment+rate+wisconsin

There they are? Why is IL still at 7.9%

Now what, there are the facts larger workforce participation and lower unemployment in both states!

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:54 AM

I'm sorry ... you still here running for the question?

Maybe someone will throw you a shovel :laugh:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 11:55 AM

Again, what's the answer? Surely you know. :grin:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:55 AM

The facts are up he is gone!
Not to worry he will be back next week with the same shit!

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:56 AM
http://www.milmi.org/

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=unemployment+rate+wisconsin

There they are? Why is IL still at 7.9%

Now what, there are the facts larger workforce participation and lower unemployment in both states!

Please ... don't make me have to provide Fasts for all those States ... I don't have the time.

Tepid job numbers are bad news for Gov. Scott Walkerhttp://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/tepid-job-numbers-are-bad-news-for-gov-scott-walker-b99340964z1-273264481.html

zelmo1234

All of your facts are up cigar? why are the facts lying? What is it about them that are wrong?

Mister D

Zelmo, Cigar alone has posted this same claim at least half a dozen times.

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 11:57 AM
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

This is what really pisses me off! here it is again. for at least the 100th time, and it still has not changed.

And what will happen now is you will abandon the thread and bring it back next week claiming that it did not happen again.

You want to be serious.

The large tax cuts since 1960 came as follows

Kennedy 1963

Reagan 1983

Clinton 1996

GWB 2003

So tell me why does unemployment drop dramatically and the work force participation rise at the same time?
Every time you link to the BLS it never takes you to the page you want. The best way to do it is to take a screen shot and post that.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Please ... don't make me have to provide Fasts for all those States ... I don't have the time.

Tepid job numbers are bad news for Gov. Scott Walker

http://www.jsonline.com/news/opinion/tepid-job-numbers-are-bad-news-for-gov-scott-walker-b99340964z1-273264481.html

Yes it is a nice opinion piece, it says that right in the link!

I posted the actual numbers from the labor bureau!

Is the Obama Administration lying to make the Republican gov's look good?

Cigar

I'm still here in your face looking for the same answer to the original question.

What's wrong ... Trickle Down Economics came down your leg ?

Mister D

yeah, right! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

zelmo1234
Every time you link to the BLS it never takes you to the page you want. The best way to do it is to take a screen shot and post that.

Yeah that would require a smarter person than I am!

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 11:59 AM
I'm still here in your face looking for the same answer to the original question.

What's wrong ... Trickle Down Economics came down your leg ?

And I am still waiting for you to tell me why there were so many jobs created following the 63,83,96, and 03 tax cuts the facts are posted.

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Yeah that would require a smarter person than I am!
Just open the page and hit the 'PRT/SCR' button on your keyboard. Then, open your picture editing software and 'paste' it to there. Save it and upload it.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Just open the page and hit the 'PRT/SCR' button on your keyboard. Then, open your picture editing software and 'paste' it to there. Save it and upload it.

Picture editing software?

Ok here it if you go to the site and select the year 1960 to present you will get the chart and numbers.

Sorry I am not making it easy

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Cigar? Hello?

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Cigar? Hello? Cigar?

I thought that we were having a serious discussion where you were going to dispute the facts?

Hello?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Cigar? Hello? Cigar?

I thought that we were having a serious discussion where you were going to dispute the facts?

Hello?

I haven't gone anywhere ...

Care to explain why Red States are behind?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Zelmo, Cigar alone has posted this same claim at least half a dozen times.

Maybe one day you'll answer it instead if crying to management :laugh:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 12:22 PM

What's the answer, Cigar? I've asked three times now. Surely you have some thoughts?

:laugh: yeah, right!

Mister D
09-03-2014, 12:23 PM

Tell us. We're waiting.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:23 PM

I did if you count the states that have Republican Legislatures and Gov's, they are the only ones that have created jobs?

The only way that your math is correct is if you take the sates that voted for Obama? They are not all being run by tax and spend Democrats

I thought that you were able to grasp that.

Now how come the greatest growth in employment in this country in the last 69 years came after the largest tax cuts?

Oh and Bye the Bye, the revenue dramatically increased too?

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:24 PM

I think that you are confusing him with????????? YOU!

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:25 PM
I did if you count the states that have Republican Legislatures and Gov's, they are the only ones that have created jobs?

The only way that your math is correct is if you take the sates that voted for Obama? They are not all being run by tax and spend Democrats

I thought that you were able to grasp that.

Now how come the greatest growth in employment in this country in the last 69 years came after the largest tax cuts?

Oh and Bye the Bye, the revenue dramatically increased too?

Sam Brownback's Tax-Cut Push Puts Kansas Out on Its Own
http://online.wsj.com/articles/sam-brownbacks-tax-cut-push-puts-kansas-out-on-its-own-1402448126

poof ... up in smoke

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
GOP States Are The Most Dependent On Government

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/republican-states-most-dependent-government_n_5035877.html

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Kansas was supposed to be the GOP’s tax-cut paradise. Now it can barely pay its bills.
http://www.vox.com/2014/7/8/5868717/sam-brownback-kansas-tax-cut

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Sam Brownback's Tax-Cut Push Puts Kansas Out on Its Own

http://online.wsj.com/articles/sam-brownbacks-tax-cut-push-puts-kansas-out-on-its-own-1402448126

poof ... up in smoke

Yes cigar it takes more than a few months for Business to move into your state. The charts show that the benefits start in year 2 and are gong strong in year 4

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Blue State, Red Face: Guess Who Benefits More From Your Taxes?
http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/blogs/the_reckoning/2012/10/25/blue_state_red_face_guess_who_benefits_more_from_y our_taxes/98481755.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpgSlogans at a 2010 anti-tax protest in Washington.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_reckoning/2012/10/25/blue_state_red_face_guess_who_benefits_more_from_y our_taxes.html

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Kansas was supposed to be the GOP’s tax-cut paradise. Now it can barely pay its bills.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/8/5868717/sam-brownback-kansas-tax-cut

Yes we can play the percentage game Look at the dollars that go to the liberal states, not to mention the fact that we are going to need to bail most of them out. Look at your State for example

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/10/21/Illinois-Senate-Pres-100-Bil-Unfunded-State-Pension-Liability-Not-a-Crisis

100 billion just in pension? That is nice, maybe some more free stuff will help?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Yes cigar it takes more than a few months for Business to move into your state. The charts show that the benefits start in year 2 and are gong strong in year 4

Oh .. so now Republican policies need time to work ...

Trickle Down Economics

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Now Cigar I have addressed everyone of your questions to the best of my abilities and have backed them up with links.

Now at least you could explain how it is that the largest job growth in this country in the past 60 years have come after the largest tax cuts?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.listofimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/nuclear-explosion-abstract-hd-wallpaper.jpg (http://www.listofimages.com/nuclear-explosion-abstract-hd-wallpaper.html)

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Oh .. so now Republican policies need time to work ...

Trickle Down Economics

If I pass a tax cut today? When does it take effect? and If you decided to expand your business and build a new factory? When would you hire people to work at that factory?

Obama Spent a trillion dollars in Stimulus 5.5 years ago? Where are the jobs?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:37 PM
If I pass a tax cut today? When does it take effect? and If you decided to expand your business and build a new factory? When would you hire people to work at that factory?

Obama Spent a trillion dollars in Stimulus 5.5 years ago? Where are the jobs?

The Jobs went to the States that wanted the money and I have to say, thank you for passing it up, our new roads are great :grin:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:41 PM
The Jobs went to the States that wanted the money and I have to say, thank you for passing it up, our new roads are great :grin:

What are you lying for? I drove around Chicago on the way to WI last week and they SUCK, there is no possible way to dodge the potholes.

Is there anything that you won't lie about

And OH! bye the bye, there are almost 10 million fewer people in the workforce, there are no new jobs

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:49 PM
What are you lying for? I drove around Chicago on the way to WI last week and they SUCK, there is no possible way to dodge the potholes.

Is there anything that you won't lie about

And OH! bye the bye, there are almost 10 million fewer people in the workforce, there are no new jobs

The State of Illinois happens to be far larger than Chicago ... :loser:

Maybe you need to see more of the world :laugh:

Redrose
09-03-2014, 01:04 PM

Comparing this Administration with the Dems and GOP of old is not fair. This Administration
is not a true Democratic admin. It's policies have skewed the way state and local governments function.

Courtesy of Economic Policy Journal we now know that the majority of American states are currently insolvent, and that the US Treasury has been conducting a shadow bailout of at least 32 US states.

Over 60% of Americans receiving state unemployment benefits are getting these directly from the US government, as 32 states have now borrowed $37.8 billion from Uncle Sam to fund unemployment insurance. The states in most dire condition, are, not unexpectedly the three biggest offenders are California ($6.9 billion borrowed), Michigan ($3.9 billion), and New York ($3.2 billion), big Liberal states.
This info is the most recent from our GOP.

With this form of shadow bailout occurring, we can only wonder how many other shadow programs are currently in operation to fund states under the table with federal money.The full list of America's 32 insolvent states is below, sorted in order of degree of bankruptcy, and most are liberally run states with massive welfare programs and huge immigration issues.

This Administrations policies are hurting America. Time for a change, a real good change.

California
Michigan
New York
Penn.
Ohio
Illinois
N.C.
Indiana
New Jersey
Florida
Wisconsin
Texas
S.C.
Kentucky
Missouri
Connecticut
Minnesota
Georgia
Nevada
Mass.
Virginia
Arkansas
Alabama
Colorado
R.I.
Idaho
Maryland
Kansas
Vermont
S.D.
Tennessee
Virgin Islands
Delaware

Mister D
09-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Comparing states in this regard is also kind of silly because all the states are purple. A county study would make more sense.

Redrose
09-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Comparing states in this regard is also kind of silly because all the states are purple. A county study would make more sense.

I agree, even in blue states there are Conservative pockets, and vice versa, but the state purse is effected nontheless.

Mister D
09-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I agree, even in blue states there are Conservative pockets, and vice versa, but the state purse is effected nontheless.

Exactly.

Bob
09-03-2014, 01:42 PM

Despite that, TX has a healthy economy. Been too long since I was in Mississippi to give an accurate opinion.

One more thing, presidents generally have little to say about job growth. We credit Reagan due to what took place. We don't credit Clinton because no policies by him lead to employment.

Sorry Clinton lovers. Clinton left Bush a recession.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 01:43 PM
:rollseyes:

Mister D
09-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Despite that, TX has a healthy economy. Been too long since I was in Mississippi to give an accurate opinion.

One more thing, presidents generally have little to say about job growth. We credit Reagan due to what took place. We don't credit Clinton because no policies by him lead to employment.

Biob, this is stupid thread. I'm only half serious.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YIpjmnX.jpg

Mister D
09-03-2014, 01:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/YIpjmnX.jpg

I do! So why do blue states have so much more of it. :grin:

Cigar
09-03-2014, 02:14 PM
I do! So why do blue states have so much more of it. :grin:

The States don't OWN The Private Corporations, The Private Corporations Own The GOP :laugh:

NEXT :dancing: He Gone!

http://www.expertboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/best-knockout-punch.jpg (http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/what-is-the-best-knockout-punch)

Mister D
09-03-2014, 02:34 PM
The States don't OWN The Private Corporations, The Private Corporations Own The GOP :laugh:

NEXT :dancing: He Gone!

http://www.expertboxing.com/wp-content/uploads/best-knockout-punch.jpg (http://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/what-is-the-best-knockout-punch)

:huh: What? lol

texan
09-03-2014, 02:44 PM
I know everyone believes Clinton is an economic genius, but he is not........

Here is a fact.................

"Let us establish one point definitively: Bill Clinton didn’t balance the budget. Yes, he was there when it happened. But the record shows that was about the extent of his contribution.
Many in the media have flubbed this story. The New York Times on October 1st said, “Clinton balances the budget.” Others have praised George Bush. Political analyst Bill Schneider declared on CNN that Bush is one of “the real heroes” for his willingness to raise taxes — and never mind read my lips. (Once upon a time, lying was something that was considered wrong in Washington, but under the last two presidents our standards have dropped.) In any case, crediting George Bush for the end of the deficit requires some nifty logical somersaults, since the deficit hit its Mount Everest peak of $290 billion in St. George’s last year in office.

And 1993 — the year of the giant Clinton tax hike — was not the turning point in the deficit wars, either. In fact, in 1995, two years after that tax hike, the budget baseline submitted by the president’s own Office of Management and Budget and the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicted $200 billion deficits for as far as the eye could see. The figure shows the Clinton deficit baseline. What changed this bleak outlook?
Newt Gingrich and company — for all their faults — have received virtually no credit for balancing the budget. Yet today’s surplus is, in part, a byproduct of the GOP’s single-minded crusade to end 30 years of red ink. Arguably, Gingrich’s finest hour as Speaker came in March 1995 when he rallied the entire Republican House caucus behind the idea of eliminating the deficit within seven years."

Here is the ridiculous'ness that a Cut & Paste (claimed as an original idea) poses.......All the credit goes to the QB and all the blame goes to the QB, when there is an entire team involved.............Also, if you can show me where Clinton invented the internet which caused the tech bubble I will give him credit and I mean this seriously.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-bill-clinton-didnt-balance-budget

texan
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM
Skeptics said it could not be done in seven years. The GOP did it in four.
Now let us contrast this with the Clinton fiscal record. Recall that it was the Clinton White House that fought Republicans every inch of the way in balancing the budget in 1995. When Republicans proposed their own balanced-budget plan, the White House waged a shameless Mediscare campaign to torpedo the plan — a campaign that the Washington Post slammed as “pure demagoguery.” It was Bill Clinton who, during the big budget fight in 1995, had to submit not one, not two, but five budgets until he begrudgingly matched the GOP’s balanced-budget plan. In fact, during the height of the budget wars in the summer of 1995, the Clinton administration admitted that “balancing the budget is not one of our top priorities.”

And lest we forget, it was Bill Clinton and his wife who tried to engineer a federal takeover of the health care system — a plan that would have sent the government’s finances into the stratosphere. Tom Delay was right: for Clinton to take credit for the balanced budget is like Chicago Cubs pitcher Steve Trachsel taking credit for delivering the pitch to Mark McGuire that he hit out of the park for his 62nd home run.

The figure shows that the actual cumulative budget deficit from 1994 to 1998 was almost $600 billion below the Clintonomics baseline. Part of the explanation for the balanced budget is that Republicans in Congress had the common sense to reject the most reckless features of Clintonomics. Just this year, Bill Clinton’s budget proposed more than $100 billion in new social spending — proposals that were mostly tossed overboard. It’s funny, but back in January the White House didn’t seem too concerned about saving the surplus for “shoring up Social Security.”

Nothing like a little redherring fiction tossed out by the democrats. Why are the deep blue states you mention bankrupt?

Bob
09-03-2014, 03:33 PM
Biob, this is stupid thread. I'm only half serious.

You sound as if you made a mistake by posting.

Bob
09-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Skeptics said it could not be done in seven years. The GOP did it in four.
Now let us contrast this with the Clinton fiscal record. Recall that it was the Clinton White House that fought Republicans every inch of the way in balancing the budget in 1995. When Republicans proposed their own balanced-budget plan, the White House waged a shameless Mediscare campaign to torpedo the plan — a campaign that the Washington Post slammed as “pure demagoguery.” It was Bill Clinton who, during the big budget fight in 1995, had to submit not one, not two, but five budgets until he begrudgingly matched the GOP’s balanced-budget plan. In fact, during the height of the budget wars in the summer of 1995, the Clinton administration admitted that “balancing the budget is not one of our top priorities.”

And lest we forget, it was Bill Clinton and his wife who tried to engineer a federal takeover of the health care system — a plan that would have sent the government’s finances into the stratosphere. Tom Delay was right: for Clinton to take credit for the balanced budget is like Chicago Cubs pitcher Steve Trachsel taking credit for delivering the pitch to Mark McGuire that he hit out of the park for his 62nd home run.

The figure shows that the actual cumulative budget deficit from 1994 to 1998 was almost $600 billion below the Clintonomics baseline. Part of the explanation for the balanced budget is that Republicans in Congress had the common sense to reject the most reckless features of Clintonomics. Just this year, Bill Clinton’s budget proposed more than $100 billion in new social spending — proposals that were mostly tossed overboard. It’s funny, but back in January the White House didn’t seem too concerned about saving the surplus for “shoring up Social Security.”

Nothing like a little redherring fiction tossed out by the democrats. Why are the deep blue states you mention bankrupt?

Very good and astute post.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 04:25 PM
I know everyone believes Clinton is an economic genius, but he is not........

Here is a fact.................

"Let us establish one point definitively: Bill Clinton didn’t balance the budget. Yes, he was there when it happened. But the record shows that was about the extent of his contribution.
Many in the media have flubbed this story. The New York Times on October 1st said, “Clinton balances the budget.” Others have praised George Bush. Political analyst Bill Schneider declared on CNN that Bush is one of “the real heroes” for his willingness to raise taxes — and never mind read my lips. (Once upon a time, lying was something that was considered wrong in Washington, but under the last two presidents our standards have dropped.) In any case, crediting George Bush for the end of the deficit requires some nifty logical somersaults, since the deficit hit its Mount Everest peak of $290 billion in St. George’s last year in office.

And 1993 — the year of the giant Clinton tax hike — was not the turning point in the deficit wars, either. In fact, in 1995, two years after that tax hike, the budget baseline submitted by the president’s own Office of Management and Budget and the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicted $200 billion deficits for as far as the eye could see. The figure shows the Clinton deficit baseline. What changed this bleak outlook?
Newt Gingrich and company — for all their faults — have received virtually no credit for balancing the budget. Yet today’s surplus is, in part, a byproduct of the GOP’s single-minded crusade to end 30 years of red ink. Arguably, Gingrich’s finest hour as Speaker came in March 1995 when he rallied the entire Republican House caucus behind the idea of eliminating the deficit within seven years."

Here is the ridiculous'ness that a Cut & Paste (claimed as an original idea) poses.......All the credit goes to the QB and all the blame goes to the QB, when there is an entire team involved.............Also, if you can show me where Clinton invented the internet which caused the tech bubble I will give him credit and I mean this seriously.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/no-bill-clinton-didnt-balance-budget

I never claimed Clinton was an economic genius ...

Besides, the genius of Clinton was staying out of the way and not Fucking up the economy like someone we know :wink:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 10:21 PM

Yes but still Clinton actually created more jobs than Reagan. And he did it the same way he cut taxes, only his big thing was the capital gains tax which at the time only helped the wealthy.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 10:22 PM
I never claimed Clinton was an economic genius ...

Besides, the genius of Clinton was staying out of the way and not Fucking up the economy like someone we know :wink:

And cutting taxes!

Redrose
09-04-2014, 12:27 AM
This should be a new postage stamp.

Libhater
09-04-2014, 06:24 AM
The States don't OWN The Private Corporations, The Private Corporations Own The GOP

No, more like the GOP owns the corporations....quite a difference there. When the government or Obama meddles with the affairs of a corporation like they've done with General Motors and General Electric---that's what we call crony capitalism, and its most always carried out by dems or libs.

Libhater
09-04-2014, 06:27 AM
Yes but still Clinton actually created more jobs than Reagan. And he did it the same way he cut taxes, only his big thing was the capital gains tax which at the time only helped the wealthy.

Let us not forgot that Clinton was lucky to have served during the boom of the dot.com era.

Peter1469
09-04-2014, 07:45 AM
No, more like the GOP owns the corporations....quite a difference there. When the government or Obama meddles with the affairs of a corporation like they've done with General Motors and General Electric---that's what we call crony capitalism, and its most always carried out by dems or libs.[/B][/I]

People don't take you seriously because of comments like this. Both parties do this. Or maybe you have come to agree with me that the mainstream GOP is liberal.... :shocked:

zelmo1234
09-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Let us not forgot that Clinton was lucky to have served during the boom of the dot.com era.

It was not lucky! It was the cut in Capital gains taxes that created the huge investments into these startup companies.

It was not by accident that this happened. And while this Tax cut was brought about by the contract with America, which the Clintons fought and only signed in the end when it was clear that the republicans were not going to back down.

He still gets the credit for it, he was President!