PDA

View Full Version : You've Really Been Reduced To THIS?

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:43 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140903-gop-obamacare-reduced-to-this.jpg

Falling like dominoes: Red-State Govs Expanding ObamaCareAs of a week ago, about half of the nation’s states had embraced Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act, while the other half seemed to be motivated almost entirely out of partisan spite. But in recent days, there’s been a burst of unexpected activity on this issue.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett (R) struck a deal with the Obama administration that will allow Medicaid expansion to cover another half-million low-income Americans in the Keystone State. A day later, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam (R) said he expects to follow suit in the coming weeks.

Ruby-red Wyoming generally resists any voluntary federal program, but it, too, is starting to come around on Medicaid expansion. Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), a fierce “Obamacare” critic, recently did the same.

And even Utah is moving forward with its Medicaid-expansion plans, though not without an unintentionally amusing debate.

Utah’s health care debate took an unexpected turn at the State Capitol, where a lawmaker who is also a doctor argued that access to health care can be a bad thing.

Representative Mike Kennedy, a Republican from Alpine, made the comments in a Health Reform Task Force meeting, in reaction to a story from another doctor…. “Sometimes access actually can mean harm,” said Representative Mike Kennedy, a family physician.

I’ve followed this debate closely for quite a while, and I have to admit, this is the first time I’ve seen an elected official argue – out loud and on purpose – that medical care may be bad for people. But in this case, a Utah state Republican and physician tried to defeat Medicaid expansion by sincerely making the case that hospitals can make Americans sicker.

“Sometimes access to health care can be damaging and dangerous,” the GOP lawmaker said. “And it’s a perspective for the body to consider is that, I’ve heard from National Institutes of Health and otherwise that we’re killing up to a million, a million and a half people every year in our hospitals. And it’s access to hospitals that’s killing those people.”

Ridiculous arguments notwithstanding, there is a larger trend here that’s hard to overlook.

Justin Green, writing in the conservative Washington Examiner, noted over the weekend that the Republican fight against Medicaid expansion may soon be “over.”

“{T}he trend is quite clear: Red states are gradually accepting Obamacare, and no states are reversing their decisions,” Green said.

To date, 10 Republican governors have embraced this ACA policy, but that total is slowly growing as the arithmetic becomes increasingly undeniable.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/falling-dominoes-red-state-govs-expanding-obamacare

State Representative to Legislature: hospitals can be dangerous (http://fox13now.com/2014/08/28/state-representative-to-legislature-hospitals-can-be-dangerous/)

Oops :grin:

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. How many times do you need to be told this?

Redrose
09-03-2014, 11:47 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140903-gop-obamacare-reduced-to-this.jpg

Falling like dominoes: Red-State Govs Expanding ObamaCare

As of a week ago, about half of the nation’s states had embraced Medicaid expansion through the Affordable Care Act, while the other half seemed to be motivated almost entirely out of partisan spite. But in recent days, there’s been a burst of unexpected activity on this issue.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett (R) struck a deal with the Obama administration that will allow Medicaid expansion to cover another half-million low-income Americans in the Keystone State. A day later, Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam (R) said he expects to follow suit in the coming weeks.

Ruby-red Wyoming generally resists any voluntary federal program, but it, too, is starting to come around on Medicaid expansion. Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R), a fierce “Obamacare” critic, recently did the same.

And even Utah is moving forward with its Medicaid-expansion plans, though not without an unintentionally amusing debate.

Utah’s health care debate took an unexpected turn at the State Capitol, where a lawmaker who is also a doctor argued that access to health care can be a bad thing.

Representative Mike Kennedy, a Republican from Alpine, made the comments in a Health Reform Task Force meeting, in reaction to a story from another doctor…. “Sometimes access actually can mean harm,” said Representative Mike Kennedy, a family physician.

I’ve followed this debate closely for quite a while, and I have to admit, this is the first time I’ve seen an elected official argue – out loud and on purpose – that medical care may be bad for people. But in this case, a Utah state Republican and physician tried to defeat Medicaid expansion by sincerely making the case that hospitals can make Americans sicker.

“Sometimes access to health care can be damaging and dangerous,” the GOP lawmaker said. “And it’s a perspective for the body to consider is that, I’ve heard from National Institutes of Health and otherwise that we’re killing up to a million, a million and a half people every year in our hospitals. And it’s access to hospitals that’s killing those people.”

Ridiculous arguments notwithstanding, there is a larger trend here that’s hard to overlook.

Justin Green, writing in the conservative Washington Examiner, noted over the weekend that the Republican fight against Medicaid expansion may soon be “over.”

“{T}he trend is quite clear: Red states are gradually accepting Obamacare, and no states are reversing their decisions,” Green said.

To date, 10 Republican governors have embraced this ACA policy, but that total is slowly growing as the arithmetic becomes increasingly undeniable.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/falling-dominoes-red-state-govs-expanding-obamacare

State Representative to Legislature: hospitals can be dangerous (http://fox13now.com/2014/08/28/state-representative-to-legislature-hospitals-can-be-dangerous/)

Oops :grin:

Bill Haslem gov. of Tennessee is a major disappointment to the Conservative republicans who voted him in. He is going against what we elected him for. Obamacare will bankrupt the states.

momsapplepie
09-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Of course it will. The responsibility of the medicare expansion falls on the states to pay.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 11:59 AM
Obamacare has nothing to do with healthcare. How many times do you need to be told this?

:roflmao: Really dude ... that's your responce

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Bill Haslem gov. of Tennessee is a major disappointment to the Conservative republicans who voted him in. He is going against what we elected him for. Obamacare will bankrupt the states.

Is that before or after $6.00 per gallon gas predictions :laugh:

momsapplepie
09-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Is that before or after $6.00 per gallon gas predictions :laugh:

You think that's funny? It's coming to CA in January 2015.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:03 PM
It is same shit different day threads for Cigar.

The only thing he has left is to run cover with deception.

The ACA did not insure more people, it changed where they get insurance.

It is a drain on the economy and expansion of business.

it cost much more not less.

The access to hospitals and doctors is greatly reduced, in some areas to non existent

And the 10 year cost is over 6 trillion dollars now

Not to mention the fact there is tons of fraud and corruption involved.

other than that it is a great program

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 12:04 PM
:roflmao: Really dude ... that's your responce
You keep forgetting that obamacare is a tax. That's why it funds the hiring of 14,000 new tax collectors and not a penny to train doctors.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
You keep forgetting that obamacare is a tax. That's why it funds the hiring of 14,000 new tax collectors and not a penny to train doctors.

Remember, President Obama was Elected a Second time by 5 Million VOTES on the ObamaCare Platform

Maybe it's time for another VOTE

You lost ... GTFOI

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:08 PM
It is same shit different day threads for Cigar.

The only thing he has left is to run cover with deception.

The ACA did not insure more people, it changed where they get insurance.

It is a drain on the economy and expansion of business.

it cost much more not less.

The access to hospitals and doctors is greatly reduced, in some areas to non existent

And the 10 year cost is over 6 trillion dollars now

Not to mention the fact there is tons of fraud and corruption involved.

other than that it is a great program

I understand your relutance to facts ... it's hard losing.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
You think that's funny? It's coming to CA in January 2015.

See you January 2015 ... :laugh:

Matty
09-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Remember, President Obama was Elected a Second time by 5 Million VOTES on the ObamaCare Platform

You lost ... GTFOI

There is no accounting for that many stupid deranged people.

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:10 PM

Really I thought that 60% of the people still opposed the ACA

I remember him running against Romney who could not convince conservatives that he was one of them , so they stayed home?

You lost ... GTFOI

momsapplepie
09-03-2014, 12:10 PM
"squawk" "Two times, Two times"

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 12:11 PM

You lost ... GTFOI
He was elected on the "GIMME" vote. Which is what obamacare does with the tax money collected.

Matty
09-03-2014, 12:12 PM
He was elected on the "GIMME" vote. Which is what obamacare does with the tax money collected.

He flat out lied. Still is lying.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:14 PM

:grin:

zelmo1234
09-03-2014, 12:16 PM
I understand your relutance to facts ... it's hard losing.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101664437#.

This is on top of all of the increases leading up to the ACA. An average of over 9% is nothing according to the news casters running cover for Obama

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/hospital-of-tomorrow/articles/2013/10/30/top-hospitals-opt-out-of-obamacare

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/04/doctors-begin-to-refuse-obamacare-patients/

Yep Doctors and Hospitals are refusing to lose money on this program

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/01/1266421/-5-Million-to-Lose-Health-Coverage-Under-ACA-More-Like-10-000

On top of the 9 million that already lost their insurance.

Do I really have to post the corruption, even the administration acknowledges that?

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 12:17 PM
:grin:
EBT cards are now accepted at Autozone.
I noticed that yesterday when I went to get some R134A for my Jeep.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:18 PM
EBT cards are now accepted at Autozone.
I noticed that yesterday when I went to get some R134A for my Jeep.

http://www.imaginelifestyles.com/luxuryliving/wp-content/uploads/blog/files/u3/7-Lamborghini-LP560-Trailerpark.jpg (http://www.imaginelifestyles.com/luxuryliving/2010/06/top-10-funniest-places-see-lamborghini)

momsapplepie
09-03-2014, 12:18 PM
They're also accepted a nail salons and lingerie stores. :rollseyes:

keymanjim
09-03-2014, 12:20 PM
They're also accepted a nail salons and lingerie stores. :rollseyes:
And the left would see nothing wrong with that.

Cigar
09-03-2014, 12:23 PM
And the left would see nothing wrong with that.

wrong ... ?

momsappleple needs nice nails to go with that hot lingerie :laugh:

momsapplepie
09-03-2014, 12:26 PM
wrong ... ?

momsappleple needs nice nails to go with that hot lingerie :laugh:
yep! sure do! That's why I'm off to the nail salon today! CU L8tr!:wink: