PDA

View Full Version : Junior Seau Found Dead.....

MMC
05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/BvWcpLmj4R8Q93aJvCTyyA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/seau5212.jpg

Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday morning at his Southern California home. He was 43 years old.

The ex-linebacker's girlfriend found the NFL legend with a fatal gunshot wound to the chest. The San Diego Union-Tribune (http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/02/report-of-shooting-at-seaus-home/) reports that police received a call to 911 at 9:35 a.m. reporting a possible suicide, per Oceanside police Chief Frank McCoy. Officers found Seau in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Reports indicate that a gun was found by Seau's side. Seau's death was first reported by TMZ.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-nfl-legend-junior-seau-dead-182120394.html

:shocked: Holy Cow.....43 years old. They are sayin Suicide. RIP Junior! :undecided:

wingrider
05-03-2012, 12:16 AM
now the way I heard this the guy shot himself in the chest with a shotgun.. ???? is that even possible?

MMC
05-03-2012, 06:38 AM
now the way I heard this the guy shot himself in the chest with a shotgun.. ???? is that even possible?

Dunno WR.....the piece said gun next to him on the floor. Didn't say shot-gun. Why would he shoot himself in the chest if he wanted to take his life. This guy was only 43. I havent been able to look into things yet. Work was swamped last night so I had to get people out and moving.

MMC
05-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Yeah read this article. No where does it say Seau had the same condition as Duerson. Also the piece says a call came in reporting a possible suicide. At the time of this piece they did not have any definate on if Seau even committed suicide. The Police reported finding a gun at his side. That was all the info given.

MMC
05-03-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm pretty sure they ALL have the same condition, especially if they play long enough....

If suicide is the goal, there's no quicker/surer way than to blow your brains out.

Still early. Perhaps family/friends will lend some insight.

Still young at 43......plus he did have a good last season. Like I said I didnt have a chance to get into anything last night with news. Hopefully they will release some more info today. Maybe CL has some more info on him as CL is a Chargers Fan.

gophangover
05-03-2012, 01:14 PM
The NFL making football the national pass time is like the U.S. government subsidizing tobacco. They know it's a killer, but it makes so much money.

Conley
05-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Yep, just use your feet and a stick. Or if you're good with your toes you don't even need the stick.

Conley
05-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Still young at 43......plus he did have a good last season. Like I said I didnt have a chance to get into anything last night with news. Hopefully they will release some more info today. Maybe CL has some more info on him as CL is a Chargers Fan.

Yeah he texted his kids and wife before he did it. This is messed up, but I'm wondering if he shot himself in the chest and not the head so that his brain could be studied to see if it's messed up like all the others. I doubt he was thinking rationally but it's a little weird to off yourself like that. Of course I think he tried before in 2010, drove his car off a 100 ft cliff but survived and said he fell asleep while driving. The whole thing is a shame, especially now for those kids.

MMC
05-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Ah.....so he did contact someone. I never knew about the driving the car off the cliff. Wonder if he thought the steroids messed him up? Did he ever mention he thought he had something like Duerson?

MMC
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Further autopsy details, including results of toxicology tests, will be released in a final investigative report, which may take up to 90 days to complete.
The medical examiner's office said it was awaiting a decision by the family on whether to turn over Seau's brain to unidentified outside researchers for study.

Boston University's Center for the Study of Traumatic Encephalopathy has analyzed the brains of dozens of former athletes, including that of former Chicago player Dave Duerson, who shot himself in the chest last year.
While saying it was saddened by Seau's death, center officials would not say if they have reached out to the Seau family or would be interested in studying his brain.....snip~

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seaus-friends-didnt-see-warning-223334112--nfl.html

Seems all of his friends were taking by surprise. Including his wife. Eeven as close as up to a week ago. No one was aware of anything.

MMC
05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
Heya CL did you see this?

wingrider
05-03-2012, 11:22 PM
this reminds me of Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed his wife and child then hung himself on a weight machine, autopsy showed numerous brain lesions from hitting his head and also steroid abuse.

Conley
05-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Heya CL did you see this?

Yes but I can't comment on the family and friends. It's a messed up situation.

Conley
05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
this reminds me of Chris Benoit, the wrestler who killed his wife and child then hung himself on a weight machine, autopsy showed numerous brain lesions from hitting his head and also steroid abuse.

Yep, I would bet there are even more dead pro wrestlers than pro football players if you account for the difference in number of participants.

wingrider
05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
yeah SL you are correct.

Conley
05-04-2012, 10:21 AM
How weird is this? Out of 53 players, 8 are already dead from the Chargers' 94 Super Bowl team. Professional football is not good for your health.

MMC
05-04-2012, 10:39 AM
How weird is this? Out of 53 players, 8 are already dead from the Chargers' 94 Super Bowl team. Professional football is not good for your health.

Either that.....or not playing for the San Diego Chargers. Once your in.....theres only one way out. I know some like this. :undecided:

Conley
05-04-2012, 10:43 AM
:laugh: That's a terrible thing to say but I'm a terrible person for laughing at it. One of the guys even got struck by lightning. It's enough to make some think it's a curse.

MMC
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Well, I did think about throwing up some Faith Hill singing Are ya Ready for Some Football. Course I would have used the word BUT are you ready for some football. :grin:

Still this really did catch people off guard with Seau.

Also one last thing.....you might want to Check out those Oakland Raider's Peoples. Some of them may be intentionally using :voodoo: against you San Diego Peoples. Especially knowing theres a bunch of Republican and Libertarians all living in San Diego. :stirthepot: :detective: