PDA

View Full Version : Ted Cruz speech to Christian group cut short by boos after Israel comments

Cigar
09-11-2014, 10:39 AM
The senator was booed at an event hosted by a Christian group in Washington, leaving the stage after the hostility did not subside. In a lengthy statement issued after the event, Cruz said he had "no choice" but to walk away after "a vocal and angry minority" criticized his comments in support of Israel.

Speaking at a gala hosted by In Defense Of Christians, an organization that seeks to raise awareness of the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the Middle East, Cruz defended Israel -- remarks which drew an sharp response from some in the audience.

Part of the events were captured on video by EWTN News Nightly's Jason Calvi. The Daily Callerreported (http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christian-conference-video/) that Cruz was booed after he said that "Christians have no greater ally than Israel."

“I told the attendees that those who hate Israel also hate America, that those who hate Jews also hate Christians, and that anyone who hates Israel and the Jewish people is not following the teachings of Christ," said Cruz in his statement issued after the event. "These statements were met with angry boos. I went on to tell the crowd that Christians in the Middle East have no better friend than Israel. That Christians can practice their faith free of persecution in Israel. And that ISIS, al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah, along with their state sponsors in Syria and Iran, are all part of the same cancer, murdering Christians and Jews alike. Hate is hate, and murder is murder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YOOZ6aPooSk

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/09/11/ted-cruz-speech-to-christian-group-cut-short-by-boos-after-israel-comments/

Looks like he's not making many friends

Mac-7
09-11-2014, 10:49 AM
The senator was booed at an event hosted by a Christian group in Washington, leaving the stage after the hostility did not subside. In a lengthy statement issued after the event, Cruz said he had "no choice" but to walk away after "a vocal and angry minority" criticized his comments in support of Israel.

Speaking at a gala hosted by In Defense Of Christians, an organization that seeks to raise awareness of the persecution of Christians and religious minorities in the Middle East, Cruz defended Israel -- remarks which drew an sharp response from some in the audience.

Part of the events were captured on video by EWTN News Nightly's Jason Calvi. The Daily Callerreported (http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christian-conference-video/) that Cruz was booed after he said that "Christians have no greater ally than Israel."

“I told the attendees that those who hate Israel also hate America, that those who hate Jews also hate Christians, and that anyone who hates Israel and the Jewish people is not following the teachings of Christ," said Cruz in his statement issued after the event. "These statements were met with angry boos. I went on to tell the crowd that Christians in the Middle East have no better friend than Israel. That Christians can practice their faith free of persecution in Israel. And that ISIS, al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah, along with their state sponsors in Syria and Iran, are all part of the same cancer, murdering Christians and Jews alike. Hate is hate, and murder is murder."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YOOZ6aPooSk

Read more: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/09/11/ted-cruz-speech-to-christian-group-cut-short-by-boos-after-israel-comments/

Looks like he's not making many friends

You can count the number of Christians who hate Israel on one hand.

they may be rude and loud but very small in number.

Cigar
09-11-2014, 11:01 AM
You can count the number of Christians who hate Israel on one hand.

they may be rude and loud but very small in number.

Kinda like the Tea Party :laugh:

texan
09-11-2014, 11:08 AM
Wow!

He didn't seem controversial at all.

Mac-7
09-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Kinda like the Tea Party :laugh:

Thats your opinion.

Cigar
09-11-2014, 11:14 AM
Thats your opinion.

What Rude, Loud and Small?

Captain Obvious
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
Wow!

He didn't seem controverial at all.

It's standard operating procedure in the RWNJ playbook to suck Israel's ass every chance one gets, maybe people are just tired of that shit.

I know I am. He would have gotten a big "YOU SUCK!" out of me if I were there, but then I wouldn't go to one of those dog and pony shows if you paid me to.

Libhater
09-11-2014, 11:17 AM
A couple of the more vocal voices I heard out of perhaps 3 or 4 people sounded like they were Islamic Muslims in the audience. Despite those couple of lone wolf anti Christian voices, I thought Cruz did a wonderful job of being polite to the anti Christian radicals.

Private Pickle
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
So let me get this straight. You can't say that you hate black people because you are a racist and you can't say it's un-American to hate jews because of why now?

countryboy
09-11-2014, 05:38 PM
Wow!

He didn't seem controversial at all.
Can you say, liberal plants?

The Xl
09-11-2014, 05:39 PM
People that put Israels interests above Americas are anti American.

countryboy
09-11-2014, 05:40 PM
People that put Israels interests above Americas are anti American.
Didn't sound to me like Cruz did that.

Private Pickle
09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
All Cruz said was that to be antisemitic is unAmerican.

Now something tells me just about everyone on the board would agree that racism is unAmerican yes? But it's cool if you hate Jews?

Mel Gibson will be happy to hear!

del
09-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Can you say, liberal plants?

can you say, lmao?

The Xl
09-11-2014, 07:53 PM
All Cruz said was that to be antisemitic is unAmerican.

Now something tells me just about everyone on the board would agree that racism is unAmerican yes? But it's cool if you hate Jews?

Mel Gibson will be happy to hear!

What he considers to be antisemitism is anything that doesn't involve financially and militarily supporting Israel and staying in the Middle East.

The Xl
09-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Didn't sound to me like Cruz did that.

I know his MO.

del
09-11-2014, 07:56 PM
not being blindly supportive of israel isn't the same as being antisemitic

Mac-7
09-11-2014, 07:59 PM

The alternative to Israel is the worst of Arab insanity.

Private Pickle
09-11-2014, 08:01 PM

Yeah but what did Cruz say?

del
The alternative to Israel is the worst of Arab insanity.

of course it is

they've stashed saddam's wmd and they're just waiting for their chance

Private Pickle
What he considers to be antisemitism is anything that doesn't involve financially and militarily supporting Israel and staying in the Middle East.

Well now we are putting words in his mouth...

Mister D
09-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Antisemitism is like racism. It has lost meaning.

The Xl
09-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Well now we are putting words in his mouth...

I already know his views, and considering that, the context of his statement is apparent.

The Xl
09-11-2014, 08:13 PM
Antisemitism is like racism. It has lost meaning.

In a lot of ways, yeah.

Mister D
09-11-2014, 08:18 PM
In a lot of ways, yeah.

For me, the hallmark of the anti-Semite is irrationality and paranoia. It's not a simple dislike for Jews.

Redrose
09-11-2014, 10:52 PM
MOST not all, Liberals are haters. They are more intolerant, unyielding, narrow-minded, demanding, bigoted than any other group around. They believe their opinion is all that matters and all others are worthless. That is what the Mensa rejects in academia are spewing to their captive audiences.

Matty
09-11-2014, 10:55 PM
Good for Sen. Cruz!

del
09-11-2014, 10:55 PM
MOST not all, Liberals are haters. They are more intolerant, unyielding, narrow-minded, demanding, bigoted than any other group around. They believe their opinion is all that matters and all others are worthless. That is what the Mensa rejects in academia are spewing to their captive audiences.

it's good to see you've got an open mind

lol

Redrose
09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
it's good to see you've got an open mind

lol

Thank you, I do have an open mind, and I am also very observant, and not a fool.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:41 AM
Thank you, I do have an open mind, and I am also very observant, and not a fool.

I agree with that. There are some people on this board who live just to annoy the good posters. You make good sense, Redrose, and I'm glad to see you don't back off from the ones who DON'T have an open mind.

Redrose
09-12-2014, 12:57 AM
I agree with that. There are some people on this board who live just to annoy the good posters. You make good sense, Redrose, and I'm glad to see you don't back off from the ones who DON'T have an open mind.

Thank you. We're in tough times, being weak and indecisive won't cut it. It's time we stand up for what we believe.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Thank you. We're in tough times, being weak and indecisive won't cut it. It's time we stand up for what we believe.

Exactly right. And that's what I was doing too, in another thread I OP'd, until a gang of liberal loons ganged up on me just now, and got me thread banned out of my own thread. They do that.

momsapplepie
09-12-2014, 01:14 AM
of course it is

they've stashed saddam's wmd and they're just waiting for their chance

No WMD's, Damn that liar Bush! But But But, ISIS captured the wmd plant that was in IRAQ?

Can you say liberals stand there with an open mouth going feed me bullshit?

Redrose
09-12-2014, 01:18 AM
Exactly right. And that's what I was doing too, in another thread I OP'd, until a gang of liberal loons ganged up on me just now, and got me thread banned out of my own thread. They do that.

I have a very Liberal neighbor, big, big money Obama donor. She know's I'm a Conservative, I guess it was the Romney poster on my lawn and car. She loves to talk politics, they even write liberal political crap in their "Seasons Greetings" card. She deliberately pushes your buttons, trying to get a rise out of you. That's what they do. She makes asinine, ridiculous remarks, and when you try to defend your position, even politely, she says "calm down, you people get too worked up". No one was worked up, it's just a way to end the discussion, presumably in her favor. I avoid her like the plague.

I'm wise to them. Most of them don't know enough to fill a thimble.

Green Arrow
09-12-2014, 02:36 AM
He should have been booed. Also should be charged with treason. He said those who hate Israel also hate America. That's such bullshit. Teddy Roosevelt was right to say that you have to be loyal to America or loyal to another country, you can't do both.

Redrose
09-12-2014, 02:45 AM
He should have been booed. Also should be charged with treason. He said those who hate Israel also hate America. That's such bullshit. Teddy Roosevelt was right to say that you have to be loyal to America or loyal to another country, you can't do both.

You have a fluctuating bar for measuring treason. Cruz is saying we need to support our allies, not to is un-American and you call it treason. I have to smile.

Obama has left us wide open for terrorists, guts the Constitution and allows our borders to be breached with the reward of amnesty and I have yet to see you call him a treasonist.

You need a sickle with that hammer.

Green Arrow
09-12-2014, 02:47 AM
You have a fluctuating bar for measuring treason. Cruz is saying we need to support our allies, not to is un-American and you call it treason. I have to smile.

No, that's not what he said. I quoted him directly. To hate Israel is to hate America.

Obama has left us wide open for terrorists, guts the Constitution and allows our borders to be breached with the reward of amnesty and I have yet to see you call him a treasonist.

Have you asked? Or are you just assuming?

You need a sickle with that hammer.

Maybe next month.

Libhater
09-12-2014, 06:04 AM
I have a very Liberal neighbor, big, big money Obama donor. She know's I'm a Conservative, I guess it was the Romney poster on my lawn and car. She loves to talk politics, they even write liberal political crap in their "Seasons Greetings" card. She deliberately pushes your buttons, trying to get a rise out of you. That's what they do. She makes asinine, ridiculous remarks, and when you try to defend your position, even politely, she says "calm down, you people get too worked up". No one was worked up, it's just a way to end the discussion, presumably in her favor. I avoid her like the plague.

At least you don't have to deal with your neighbor 24/7 on politics. Imagine what I go through with the shouting matches I have with 3 ultra lib brothers on a daily basis. Hate to say this about my own blood, but the 3 of them are clueless and in denial on just about everything related to politics. They don't even let the negative polling numbers of our president or of his economics/foreign affairs stand in the way of their ignorance.
I've seen too many leftist sheeple up close to know that I don't won't to be near their flock any time soon.