PDA

View Full Version : Why Have a National Military If You Can't Have "Boots On the Ground" ?

protectionist
09-11-2014, 11:52 PM
So now we have Obama ruling out "boots on the ground" as they like to call it. So what are all those US Army, US Marines, etc supposed to do ? Just march around and participate in parades, on military forts inside the US ? If they can't be sent outside the US to fight a war, what is the point of their existence ?

ISIS must be laughing at this fiasco. But I'll bet US military men and women who risked their lives serving in Iraq, don't think it's at all funny. So how long is this crazy idea supposed to last ? Until January 2017 ? When we get a REAL president in office, I guess, who has military and foreign affairs knowledge, and is not an embarrassment to the country. :rollseyes:

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:33 AM
It won't be long before it will be evident that US "boots on the ground" are needed. That's when the you-know-what will hit the fan. :yepp:

Individual
09-12-2014, 12:39 AM
Are you suggesting that we remain in a constant state of war just to justify all of our military spending? Given the choice, I would cut back on our military spending. After all, we spent trillions of dollars on a military that has yet to force the surrender of Al Qaeda. What was the point? What does this constant state of war do but waste our money and make us look weak in front of the world?

Oh well. We might not have forced the surrender of Al Qaeda but at least President Obama was able to eliminate Osama Bin Laden, which is more than President Bush can claim.

So tell me, what is the point of going after ISIS? Do we now have a new enemy and can pretend that it is a whole new war? Does calling them ISIS instead of calling them Al Qaeda supposed to make me think that our war in the Middle East is not another Vietnam? What are the end results of constantly attacking the Muslims? What are we gaining?

The point of having a military is to defend us and our beliefs. The media might think that the death of a reporter should justify an all out war but I do not agree. After all, the media doesn't seem to care about the death of Americans at the hands of police so there is no reason to go to war over the death of a journalist overseas.

Why should we constantly use our military just because we have one? What are we gaining from our constant state of war in the Middle East?

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Are you suggesting that we remain in a constant state of war just to justify all of our military spending? Given the choice, I would cut back on our military spending. After all, we spent trillions of dollars on a military that has yet to force the surrender of Al Qaeda. What was the point? What does this constant state of war do but waste our money and make us look weak in front of the world?

Oh well. We might not have forced the surrender of Al Qaeda but at least President Obama was able to eliminate Osama Bin Laden, which is more than President Bush can claim.

So tell me, what is the point of going after ISIS? Do we now have a new enemy and can pretend that it is a whole new war? Does calling them ISIS instead of calling them Al Qaeda supposed to make me think that our war in the Middle East is not another Vietnam? What are the end results of constantly attacking the Muslims? What are we gaining?

The point of having a military is to defend us and our beliefs. The media might think that the death of a reporter should justify an all out war but I do not agree. After all, the media doesn't seem to care about the death of Americans at the hands of police so there is no reason to go to war over the death of a journalist overseas.

Why should we constantly use our military just because we have one? What are we gaining from our constant state of war in the Middle East?

No, I'm not suggesting that we remain in a constant state of war just to justify all of our military spending. I'm saying we should be able to send our troops into battle when we NEED to do so. The point of going after ISIS is that they are a very serious threat to America. Recent polls show that this view is held by 90% of Americans. With that much of the American people considering this to be the case, it is downright weird to see Obama refusing to send troops to fight. The use of proxy troops is a somewhat complicated matter, but overall, it could be summed up as not having a high potential for success.

I'm just disturbed by the notion that the troops can't be sent to do the job they are trained and paid to do, while this puts Americans' lives at risk in the process. And this isn't just about the death of 2 reporters. It is fundamental Islamic jihad that aims to conquer the whole world, and set up an Islamic caliphate, while killing those who don't subscribe. Have you been watching the news ?

Individual
09-12-2014, 01:17 AM
Yes I have been watching the news. Did I miss Al Qaeda signing the surrender papers? I certainly missed the media stating that 90% of Americans support attacking ISIS now that a journalist has been killed. I also haven't seen a credible source report that Muslim leaders are planning world domination.

People who are so hung up on reliving the Crusades should read history and see how the original Crusades worked out. There is no reason for us to stay in a constant state of war with the Middle East. And if you disagree then at least the guts to attack the entire Middle East and conquer the region instead of expecting the United States to simply police the region in search of whatever group you want us to be at war with this time. Declare a Jihad against the entire Muslim religion. Of course, not many Americans would support this kind of war. But that shouldn't stop the Crusaders.

What are we gaining? We see what we're spending. We see the people who die. We see that our military is incapable of defeating a militant church group in the Middle East. What are we gaining? All we are doing is showing the world how weak we truly are.

Redrose
09-12-2014, 01:29 AM
So now we have Obama ruling out "boots on the ground" as they like to call it. So what are all those US Army, US Marines, etc supposed to do ? Just march around and participate in parades, on military forts inside the US ? If they can't be sent outside the US to fight a war, what is the point of their existence ?

ISIS must be laughing at this fiasco. But I'll bet US military men and women who risked their lives serving in Iraq, don't think it's at all funny. So how long is this crazy idea supposed to last ? Until January 2017 ? When we get a REAL president in office, I guess, who has military and foreign affairs knowledge, and is not an embarrassment to the country. :rollseyes:

God forbid we get Hillary, screaming "what difference does it make".

Or Biden who'd rather tell stories over a beer and burger, with a biker chick on his lap.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:07 AM
Yes I have been watching the news. Did I miss Al Qaeda signing the surrender papers? I certainly missed the media stating that 90% of Americans support attacking ISIS now that a journalist has been killed. I also haven't seen a credible source report that Muslim leaders are planning world domination.

People who are so hung up on reliving the Crusades should read history and see how the original Crusades worked out. There is no reason for us to stay in a constant state of war with the Middle East. And if you disagree then at least the guts to attack the entire Middle East and conquer the region instead of expecting the United States to simply police the region in search of whatever group you want us to be at war with this time. Declare a Jihad against the entire Muslim religion. Of course, not many Americans would support this kind of war. But that shouldn't stop the Crusaders.

What are we gaining? We see what we're spending. We see the people who die. We see that our military is incapable of defeating a militant church group in the Middle East. What are we gaining? All we are doing is showing the world how weak we truly are.

What we gain by fighting the jihadists is our freedom from their tyranny. what we gain by US troops in Afghanistan in not having Pakistani nuclear warheads hitting our cities, and bombs not blasting there from jihadsit bombers trained in Afghanistan. What we gain by fighting ISIS is keeping them from killing us.

As for credible source reports that Muslim leaders are planning world domination, what does this tell you ?

Basra attacked/conquered - 634 AD

Damascus attacked/conquered - 635 AD

Ctesiphon attacked/conquered - 636 AD

Alexandria attacked/conquered - 641 AD

Sicily attacked/conquered - 666 AD

Kabul attacked/conquered - 670 AD

Jerusalem attacked/conquered - 687 AD

Carthage attacked/conquered - 698 AD

Southern Spain attacked/conquered - 711 AD

Narbonne (Southern France) attacked/conquered - 720 AD

Battle of Poitiers (France) - Muslim advance halted - 732 AD

Armenia attacked/conquered - 1064 AD

Battle of Manzikert - 1071 AD

Nicaea attacked/conquered - 1331 AD

Kosovo attacked/conquered - 1389 AD

Bulgaria attacked/conquered - 1393 AD

Constantinople attacked - 1453 AD

Greece attacked/conquered - 1460 AD

Belgrade attacked/conquered - 1521 AD

Siege of Vienna (attacked) - Muslim advance halted - 1683 AD

And you might have missed the media stating that 90% of Americans support attacking ISIS. Well, if they said that I missed it too. What I said was that 90% of Americans see ISIS as a serious threat. Here's the link for that >>

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/09/08/lead-pkg-tapper-isis-cnn-poll.cnn.html

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 05:12 AM
Stop the hysterics. The Islamic State army is a motorized light infantry force. They are not taking over anything defended by a real army.

Libhater
09-12-2014, 06:25 AM

What America desperately needs at this time is another great military man at the helm like the guy from your avatar.

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 06:36 AM
oh boy....

Libhater
09-12-2014, 07:02 AM
oh boy....

better than oh girl!

donttread
09-12-2014, 07:22 AM

Our military is for DEFENSE what you call for is OFFENSE

protectionist
09-12-2014, 11:53 AM
Stop the hysterics. The Islamic State army is a motorized light infantry force. They are not taking over anything defended by a real army.

Don't be ridiculous. They are weeks (maybe days) away from wreaking havoc inside the US. 90% of Americans consider them a serious threat to the homeland. As for the other 10%, some of them have no opinion. As for the tiny remainder who say what you say, there will always be a FEW who just aren't quite with it.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 11:58 AM
What America desperately needs at this time is another great military man at the helm like the guy from your avatar.

Amen to that. If he were here now, ISIS never would have gotten started. Ex-Presidents I wish were here now > Washington, Polk, Lincoln, FDR, Eisenhower.

Animal Mother
09-12-2014, 11:59 AM
How I feel about this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80KfK_KaNyI

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Our military is for DEFENSE what you call for is OFFENSE

Absolutely NOT. That's absurd. What I call for is DEFENSE. Entirely defense.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Disappear troll. You add nothing here but rule-breaking verbal abuse and stalking.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Animal Mother is banned from this thread, too. For breaking the bad faith rule

Cigar
09-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Why?

21 Century Technology

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 12:06 PM

They will have to drain the pool. Jesus.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 12:14 PM
They will have to drain the pool. Jesus.

Why would you jump in if you have the gurgles?

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Why?

21 Century Technology

YOu think "technology" will defeat a now 32,000 man army (and growing like a weed) ? Not hardly. When you get inside urban areas, only one thing wins the war > infantry (and yes, I spent 5 years serving in that type division > the 42nd)

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
The thread's about boots on the ground. Having been a "boots on the ground" I can tell you that I'm uncomfortable committing more of my friends and brothers to a war without clear objectives and without a defined enemy. The worst thing Bush did was to leave such loose definitions of what is an army.

Al Qaeda is far more advanced than ISIS. ISIS will eventually if left alone be taken out. When we fought AQ they had weapons and some rockets and the ability to create IEDs but what they didn't have was discipline and enough protective gear. ISIS is worse off then them.

What do you suggest? We declare war on a rebel group that shifts every time one of their "allies" pisses them off? I seriously don't think most people have thought this through and have just let the media manipulate them.

Gerrard Winstanley
09-12-2014, 12:26 PM
YOu think "technology" will defeat a now 32,000 man army (and growing like a weed) ? Not hardly. When you get inside urban areas, only one thing wins the war > infantry (and yes, I spent 5 years serving in that type division > the 42nd)
32,000 men? Great. More fodder for the Kurds' guns and the West's bombs.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
There is no reason for boots on the ground, because nothing suggests that they're a major national security threat. Plus doing that, and our general interventionist policies is just like smacking a bees nest.

Stop taking government and media talking points given by big oil and contractors, the people who really gain from these wars.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Parents: be careful. Especially those of you who are Muslim. Talk to your kids about politics. Don't let them get brainwashed into becoming an ISIS fighter > like Aqsa Mahmood, 20 years old, of Glasgow, Scotland, who traveled to Syria to fight with ISIS. She sent a letter to her parents saying > "'I will see you on the day of judgment... I will take you to heaven, I will hold your hand. I will become a martyr"

This is very sad. Being a parent myself of 2 grown daughters, I can almost imagine how heart-broken they must be. I feel sorry for them.
This is another danger from ISIS, and one of the worst. :f_sorry:

http://rt.com/uk/186000-uk-isis-women-police/

Cigar
09-12-2014, 12:35 PM

I think lack of "technology" will kill many in ISIS

After you Kill most of them ... they'll come up with another name.

So no ... I don't think "technology" will defeat ALL the now 32,000 man army ...

Many will Run like little bitches or Die

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:46 PM
The thread's about boots on the ground. Having been a "boots on the ground" I can tell you that I'm uncomfortable committing more of my friends and brothers to a war without clear objectives and without a defined enemy. The worst thing Bush did was to leave such loose definitions of what is an army.

Al Qaeda is far more advanced than ISIS. ISIS will eventually if left alone be taken out. When we fought AQ they had weapons and some rockets and the ability to create IEDs but what they didn't have was discipline and enough protective gear. ISIS is worse off then them.

What do you suggest? We declare war on a rebel group that shifts every time one of their "allies" pisses them off? I seriously don't think most people have thought this through and have just let the media manipulate them.

I don't think that 90% of the American people are seeing ISIS as a serious threat because they're stupid. They are not being manipulated by the media or anything else. They are spot on with this serious threat, and some of the military things you said are not accurate. Where is your information coming from ? According to US military and intelligrnce ISIS is far better equipped than AQ ever was, they have more and better equipment, oil fields, banks, and a deep-set, widespread racketeering operation that is the basis of their funding. They are also tight in discipline with former army generals leading them.

And where do you get the idea that ISIS is not a defined enemy ? They certainly are, and the clear objective should be one thing. To exterminate them 100%. As my former battalion commander Lt. Colonel used to say. "In the Army, how we handle our enemy can be summed up in 3 words. WE KILL THEM. "

protectionist
09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
There is no reason for boots on the ground, because nothing suggests that they're a major national security threat. Plus doing that, and our general interventionist policies is just like smacking a bees nest.

Stop taking government and media talking points given by big oil and contractors, the people who really gain from these wars.

You sound like a propaganda machine. Big oil ? :laugh: Are you sure you're in the right century. The oil and contractors card went out with the Vietnam War, when we used to hear that rap every day. It might have had some credibility THEN. It certainly has nothing to do with ISIS. They are just the latest of a 1400 year, LONGGGGGGGGG line of Koran-crazed jihadists who are well-financed, well-organized, and very committed, and are moving faster than the forces not yet even set up to defend against them.

In any case, the OP is asking a question that goes well beyond ISIS, and is a topic unto itself, with or without ISIS. The title of the thread is > "Why Have a National Military If You Can't Have "Boots On the Ground" ?" So this could apply to ANY war against ANY enemy the the USA may have to face at ANY time in the future. What is we got into a war with Iran ? Or Russia ? Or China ? Or North Korea ? No boots on the ground ? All wars should now be like the 1990s Kosovo war ? 100% from the air ? This is a fundamental question that Americans could be asking themselves riight about now.

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Why would you jump in if you have the gurgles?

Do not know, DD.

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't think that 90% of the American people are seeing ISIS as a serious threat because they're stupid. They are not being manipulated by the media or anything else. They are spot on with this serious threat, and some of the military things you said are not accurate. Where is your information coming from ? According to US military and intelligrnce ISIS is far better equipped than AQ ever was, they have more and better equipment, oil fields, banks, and a deep-set, widespread racketeering operation that is the basis of their funding. They are also tight in discipline with former army generals leading them.

No offense, sir, but I have practical experience with both ECs and I am telling you that ISIS does not have the training of AQ fighters and while they have some equipment (ask yourself where and who they got it from) they don't know how to use it.

And where do you get the idea that ISIS is not a defined enemy ? They certainly are, and the clear objective should be one thing. To exterminate them 100%. As my former battalion commander Lt. Colonel used to say. "In the Army, how we handle our enemy can be summed up in 3 words. WE KILL THEM. "

They are a poorly defined enemy. I don't like the idea that we can just define "armies" and "states" out of thin air.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:02 PM
No offense, sir, but I have practical experience with both ECs and I am telling you that ISIS does not have the training of AQ fighters and while they have some equipment (ask yourself where and who they got it from) they don't know how to use it.

They are a poorly defined enemy. I don't like the idea that we can just define "armies" and "states" out of thin air.

Nah, dude, a ragtag group without a state and a mere 8000 soldiers are going to conquer the US.

They'll never even get through the Middle East.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 01:03 PM
Terminal Lance

lol

why are you calling him "sir"? He's not his avatar.

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 01:04 PM
@Terminal Lance (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=909)

lol

why are you calling him "sir"? He's not his avatar.

LOL and I'm out of the military!!!!

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:14 PM

As I told you already, I didn't get my information from "thin air". I got it from US intelligence and the US military who has been studying this. I'll take their word over any of the self-proclaimed experts that internet forums seem to give us a limitless supply of. 90% of the American people are doing that too.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:16 PM
As i told you already, I didn't get my information from "thin air". I got it from US intelligence and the US military who has been studying this. I'll take their word over any of the self-proclaimed experts that internet forums seem to give us a limitless supply of. 90% of the American people are doing that too.

Now you have access to military intelligence?

I'd take the opinion of those who have served overseas in these recent conflicts in the ME over an armchair general any day.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Nah, dude, a ragtag group without a state and a mere 8000 soldiers are going to conquer the US.

They'll never even get through the Middle East.

1. You can't even get your numbers right. CIA claims ISIS is 20,000 - 32,000 and growing fast.

2. The 9-11 killers numbered 19 in all. Fort Hood killer of 13, wounder of 35, numbered ONE guy. The Times Square bomber was ONE guy whose bomb stuff, New York police said could have killed hundreds of people. You don't seem to be catching on to all this.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 01:18 PM

I'd take the opinion of those who have served overseas in these recent conflicts in the ME over an armchair general any day.

Pretend intelligence. Shhhh.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:20 PM
1. You can't even get your numbers right. CIA claims ISIS is 20,000 - 32,000 and growing fast.

2. The 9-11 killers numbered 19 in all. Fort Hood killer of 13, wounder of 35, numbered ONE guy. The Times Square bomber was ONE guy whose bomb stuff, New York police said could have killed hundreds of people. You don't seem to be catching on to all this.

No state, measly numbers, they have their hands full in the middle east, propped up by our foreign policy, no real will or means to hit us here.

Thanks. You just made a solid non interventionist case.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:21 PM

This is important to note, you can bomb the shit out of the enemy, but if only takes a handful of devout lunatics to carry out a devastating attack, bombing them into oblivion wont stop terrorism. In fact it may encourage it. Looking to the root causes of why someone would choose to join a group like AQ or ISIL is what people should focus on. Beyond that, anything else is a band aid solution.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 01:22 PM
We have foreign agents in the US. I'm not and would not deny that. I am denying that fighting ISIS will prevent those agents from carrying out activities here or that it will somehow stop the movement from growing among young Muslim men.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:22 PM
This is important to note, you can bomb the shit out of the enemy, but if only takes a handful of devout lunatics to carry out a devastating attack, bombing them into oblivion wont stop terrorism. In fact it may encourage it. Looking to the root causes of why someone would choose to join a group like AQ or ISIL is what people should focus on. Beyond that, anything else is a band aid solution.

Hey, we don't need common sense and logic here. Gtfo.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:23 PM

EARTH TO CS: WE ALL have access to military intelligence, just by watching the news reports coming from military intelligence.

And I'll take those official opinions over the armchair generals that you seem to value, any day, whether they served overseas or not.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:23 PM
We have foreign agents in the US. I'm not and would not deny that. I am denying that fighting ISIS will prevent those agents from carrying out activities here or that it will somehow stop the movement from growing among young Muslim men.

Those agents and the movement and growing at any rate, big or small, because of our foreign policy.

The globalists are doing it on purpose.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:25 PM
EARTH TO CS: WE ALL have access to military intelligence, just by watching the news reports coming from military intelligence.

And I'll take those official opinions over the armchair generals that you seem to value, any day, whether they served overseas or not.

Oh yes the news. That's always accurate. My apologies.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM
No state, measly numbers, they have their hands full in the middle east, propped up by our foreign policy, no real will or means to hit us here.

Thanks. You just made a solid non interventionist case.

You make a case for some unknown sympathy for ISIS. You're not a dumb as you post.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Thus proving he has no clue what he's talking about.

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Those agents and the movement and growing at any rate, big or small, because of our foreign policy.

Maybe, probably, doesn't change the fact that we need to prepare to defend our homes. They are changing their tactics all the time.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:29 PM

"On purpose" is where you lose me.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:34 PM

And I suppose you're going to enlighten us all to the idea that American foreign policy is the root cause, right ?

EARTH TO CS: The great majority of Americans who favor going to war against ISIS, KNOW what the root cause is. And it is the same root cause that has been the cause of 270 million people being killed around the world, over the past 1400 years > the Koran, and the jihad that it spawned. Was American foreign policy the "root cause" of the dozens of campaigns of marauding Muslims throughout Asia, southern Europe and North Africa, for eleven and a half centuries before there ever was a United States ?

PolWatch
09-12-2014, 01:38 PM
take that! you armchair general...from the armchair general with the general avatar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QFsRA8gtrQ

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Thus proving he has no clue what he's talking about.

Of course not. When he gets his information from an armchair general in a computer forum, instead of the CIA, the DIA, the Pentagon, etc.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
"On purpose" is where you lose me.

That's fine, you can pretend that the military industrial complex, big oil, and bankers don't profit massively off these wars if you like.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
You make a case for some unknown sympathy for ISIS. You're not a dumb as you post.

What sympathy?

I might not be dumb, but you sure are.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:42 PM
That's fine, you can pretend that the military industrial complex, big oil, and bankers don't profit massively off these wars if you like.

Yeah, I know they do. I just don't agree that things like this are by design. I agree there are conspiracies, but this isn't one of them. There are plenty of "natural" conflicts to profit off of.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Oh yes the news. That's always accurate. My apologies.

Oh yes, your armchair general on a computer forum. That's always accurate. My apologies.

The Xl
Maybe, probably, doesn't change the fact that we need to prepare to defend our homes. They are changing their tactics all the time.

I guess. But Isis is a mere vessell, that's what needs to be understood.

Even if it's dealt with, we'll have more Isis, more Al Qaeda groups, rearing to go, and that's directly due to our policies.

Common Sense
Of course not. When he gets his information from an armchair general in a computer forum, instead of the CIA, the DIA, the Pentagon, etc.

I think he was talking about you.

The Xl
09-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I know they do. I just don't agree that things like this are by design. I agree there are conspiracies, but this isn't one of them. There are plenty of "natural" conflicts to profit off of.

You're a lot more trusting than I, then.

When I see companies making, billions, trillions, whatever off of conflict, and I see the people they buy(politicians) and the media pushing conflict at every turn, I put 1 and 1 together.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 01:45 PM
What sympathy?

I might not be dumb, but you sure are.

YOU KNOW what sympathy. Every word you say in here points in the direction of what is good for ISIS. For the US to not attack them, and just let them grow bigger and stronger and wealthier.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 01:46 PM
You're a lot more trusting than I, then.

When I see companies making, billions, trillions, whatever off of conflict, and I see the people they buy(politicians) and the media pushing conflict at every turn, I put 1 and 1 together.

I think it's incompetence and a lack of foresight. I think you give these people too much credit.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 01:52 PM
I guess the answer to a threadban is just recreate your first thread so you can re-insult people you were banned for insulting in the first place.

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Don't be ridiculous. They are weeks (maybe days) away from wreaking havoc inside the US. 90% of Americans consider them a serious threat to the homeland. As for the other 10%, some of them have no opinion. As for the tiny remainder who say what you say, there will always be a FEW who just aren't quite with it. Are you a girl?

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:00 PM

Bump. Codename Section can ban me, too. This is what I think of his being able to start the same exact thread AFTER he insulted and inserted veiled threats to The Xl and Ethereal

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Bump. @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) can ban me, too. This is what I think of his being able to start the same exact thread AFTER he insulted and inserted veiled threats to @The Xl (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=865) and @Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870)

I challenged you to present one example of the insults you accused me of doing and any threat to anyone, and you produced NOTHING. You claimed that you quoted me. You quoted NOTHING. You had your day in court on this. You lost.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:05 PM
I challenged you to present one example of the insults you accused me of doing and any threat to anyone, and you produced NOTHING. You claimed that you quoted me. You quoted NOTHING. You had your day in court on this. You lost.

Maybe the FBI ought to be checking some of you guys out. I mean really.

I've already stated what I think you are. FBI needs to check you out.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:07 PM
Are you a girl?

NO. Are YOU ?

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:08 PM
NO. Are YOU ?

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
NO. Are YOU ? Then stop acting like it.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:13 PM

That is not an ACCUSATION of anything. First of all, it starts with the word "MAYBE" which immediately puts the entire post into the realm of speculation. I also said > "I think" More admission of mere speculation. "I think" is not equivalent to saying "you are" (without the "I think") Aren't you supposed to be a lawyer ? I think I heard that somewhere.

As Jimmy Carter used to say > "Everybody's free to speculate."

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Then stop acting like it.

Ahem, the "girl" in this thread has more sense and spunk than this angry agitator with veiled threats and insults.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:14 PM
That is not an ACCUSATION of anything. First of all, it starts with the word "MAYBE" which immediately puts the entire post into the realm of speculation. I also said > "I think" Moreadmission of mere speculation. "I think" is not equivalent to saying "you are" (without the "I think") Aren't you supposed to be a lawyer ? I think I heard that somewhere.

As Jimmy Carter used to say > "Everybody's free to speculate."

And if I speculate that you're a pedophile and the FBI should look at you, is that now appropriate? No, it is not.

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 02:15 PM
She said spunk.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:17 PM
I think he was talking about you.

And I'm talking about HIS armchair general in this thread. I'm not an armchair general. My info is US govt (CIA, DIA, Pentagon)

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 02:18 PM
And I'm talking about HIS armchair general in this thread. I'm not an armchair general. My info is US govt (CIA, DIA, Pentagon)

Well....you might be.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:18 PM

Forgive me while I laugh, but the CIA, DIA, and Pentagon is not sharing "intel" with you. Whatever "intel" you think you have is carefully selected and released to create public policy, per the NDAA.

The fact that you think you have intel is laughable like everything else you say on here.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:22 PM
And if I speculate that you're a pedophile and the FBI should look at you, is that now appropriate? No, it is not.

Unless someone who was a pedophile was suspected of committing those crimes across state lines (in more than one state) he or she would not be in the purview of the FBI. It would a state matter. But the TOPIC (if anyone can even remember by this time) is > Why Have a National Military if you can't have "Boots on the ground" THAT is what I created this thread to be talking about. And that is what I'm here to talk about. Nothing else.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Unless someone who was a pedophile was suspected of committing those crimes across state lines (in more than one state) he or she would not be in the purview of the FBI. It would a state matter. But the TOPIC (if anyone can even remember by this time) is > Why Have a National Military if you can't have "Boots on the ground" THAT is what I created this thread to be talking about. And that is what I'm here to talk about. Nothing else.

And I'm here to talk about the fact you shouldn't be allowed to continue on this subject when you misbehaved before and were threadbanned over it.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Forgive me while I laugh, but the CIA, DIA, and Pentagon is not sharing "intel" with you. Whatever "intel" you think you have is carefully selected and released to create public policy, per the NDAA.

The fact that you think you have intel is laughable like everything else you say on here.

That's one of the stupidist things I've ever heard. Of course SOME things the agencies have are classified, but not ALL of it. We (the public) get non-classified information from them every day. What country are YOU living in ? :rollseyes:

Common Sense
09-12-2014, 02:24 PM

OK, back to the OP. Just because you have a weapon like combat soldiers, does not mean you have to use them in every situation. Having a gun doesn't mean just because you are threatened, you have to shoot someone.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:26 PM
And I'm here to talk about the fact you shouldn't be allowed to continue on this subject when you misbehaved before and were threadbanned over it.

And I'm saying that you are out of order, off topic, and if this is the only reason you're here, then you shouldn't be here at all. And YOU and a few others should have been thread banned in that other thread, for the trolling YOU did there, just like you're doing here right now.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
And I'm saying that you are out of order, off topic, and if this is the only reason you're here, then you shouldn't be here at all. And YOU and a few others should have been thread banned in that other thread, for the trolling YOU did there, just like you're doing here right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/catsrluv/GIF/tumblr_lyxwp6lmF21r4t9hro1_500.gif

Report me, then.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:31 PM
OK, back to the OP. Just because you have a weapon like combat soldiers, does not mean you have to use them in every situation. Having a gun doesn't mean just because you are threatened, you have to shoot someone.

I believe from the intelligence the American people have received, from the US govt intelligence agencies, through the many various media outlets, who are quite in agreement with each other, the 90% of the American people who see ISIS as a serious threat, have GOT IT RIGHT. If the other 5% who think otherwise (5% having no opinion) wish to opine, they are free to do so, within the topic.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/catsrluv/GIF/tumblr_lyxwp6lmF21r4t9hro1_500.gif

Report me, then.

I already did, and I suggested that you should not be thread banned (which is more consideration than you gave me), but that you simply should have evidence to back up your accusations, which you did not.

Alyosha
09-12-2014, 02:34 PM
And from this Motor City Gangsta

Hey protectionist

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Eminem-Giving-The-Finger-In-8-Mile.gif

3-1-3

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Ahem, the "girl" in this thread has more sense and spunk than this angry agitator with veiled threats and insults.

More accusations without a shred of evidence to back them. And shame on Peter for thanking this improper post, which I reported as well.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Well....you might be.

NOT!! :laugh:

Codename Section
Alyosha has been banned from this thread. Please do not continue addressing her

Common Sense
I believe from the intelligence the American people have received, from the US govt intelligence agencies, through the many various media outlets, who are quite in agreement with each other, the 90% of the American people who see ISIS as a serious threat, have GOT IT RIGHT. If the other 5% who think otherwise (5% having no opinion) wish to opine, they are free to do so, within the topic.

Just because the majority of Americans believe something, doesn't make it right. The majority of Americans believe in ghosts and angels. That doesn't mean they are real.

Beyond that, how does putting boots on the ground protect Americans from domestic attacks? Those aren't planned on the battlefield. They are planned in other nations in anonymous apartment blocks or anywhere for that matter. This matter should be handled by intelligence agencies, not more brute force.

Cigar
09-12-2014, 02:38 PM
Don't forget to use protection :grin: from each other :laugh:

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 02:39 PM
Protectionist, we are now going to consider discussing your participation in a thread that you were banned from. Getting around it by starting another thread is not abiding by the spirit of the forum rules.

protectionist
09-12-2014, 02:40 PM

Hey @protectionist (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1054)

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Eminem-Giving-The-Finger-In-8-Mile.gif

3-1-3

This is a lesson on how not to behave in a forum. And YOU were criticizing MY behavior ? Pheeeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle)

Codename Section
09-12-2014, 02:41 PM
This is a lesson on how not to behave in a forum. And YOU were criticizing MY behavior ? Pheeeeeeww!! (high-pitched whistle)

Protectionist has been banned from this thread. We asked that he not continue to respond to a threadbanned poster

Cigar
09-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Just because the majority of Americans believe something, doesn't make it right. The majority of Americans believe in ghosts and angels. That doesn't mean they are real.

Beyond that, how does putting boots on the ground protect Americans from domestic attacks? Those aren't planned on the battlefield. They are planned in other nations in anonymous apartment blocks or anywhere for that matter. This matter should be handled by intelligence agencies, not more brute force.

Most Americans want Revenge ... but someone has to be the Adult in the Room and look at the Big Picture.

I'm sorry that 2 Journalist were killed, but as sure as shit, one or two years from now, someone is going to ask who is paying for this Revenge.

That's exactly why Congress should get off their Fucking Lazy Ass and Vote on Authority

Either everyone is in this or Everyone should be out of it .. no finger pointing.

PolWatch
09-12-2014, 02:52 PM
my opinion: I've watched this nation spend the lives of our young people since Korea. I'm sick & tired of it.

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Wow. I can believe Animal Mother got banned but Alyosha's so sweet. What happened?

The Xl
09-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Bodies droppin'

The Xl
09-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Wow. I can believe Animal Mother got banned but Alyosha's so sweet. What happened?

Brain dead, aggressive no counts like protectionist bring out the worst in even the sweetest of people.

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 05:42 PM

Hey @protectionist (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1054)

3-1-3

:shocked:

Rinny went ghetto!

Terminal Lance
09-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Brain dead, aggressive no counts like protectionist bring out the worst in even the sweetest of people.

Guess so. :)

Libhater
09-12-2014, 06:00 PM

I am officially banning you from this thread. How dare you speak like that to someone?

Dr. Who
09-12-2014, 10:16 PM
1.6 Billion Muslims in the world, the majority of which live in the ME. They can continue growing that army indefinitely and will do so if the West interferes. Have you ever heard the phrase " the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? That's what happens when innocent people die because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'll get your wish when they start hating each other less than they hate America. Heck it could even drive them into a Sunni/Shia coalition against the west. That should make you really happy until your income is being taxed at 90% to support perpetual war.

Dr. Who
09-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Name calling will not be tolerated. Cease and desist immediately or get thead banned.

protectionist
12-16-2014, 01:09 AM

Hell of a compliment. :laugh:

protectionist
12-16-2014, 01:11 AM
1.6 Billion Muslims in the world, the majority of which live in the ME. They can continue growing that army indefinitely and will do so if the West interferes. Have you ever heard the phrase " the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? That's what happens when innocent people die because they are in the wrong place at the wrong time. You'll get your wish when they start hating each other less than they hate America. Heck it could even drive them into a Sunni/Shia coalition against the west. That should make you really happy until your income is being taxed at 90% to support perpetual war.

I have many times called for a 90% tax on the top brackets, and the guy in my avatar had a 91-92% tax on them for the entire 8 years of his administration. As for perpetual war, I can forsee it still going on 1000 years from now.

protectionist
12-16-2014, 01:17 AM
my opinion: I've watched this nation spend the lives of our young people since Korea. I'm sick & tired of it.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzayQe9JWx_2FZJdOQm-MGOyEnUtgtGYPvuV99oZPJqSvR0bP-

protectionist
12-16-2014, 01:18 AM

She got very NON-sweet.

silvereyes
12-16-2014, 01:20 AM
That's a blatant lie.

protectionist
12-16-2014, 01:46 AM
That's a blatant lie.

Tell the moderator. He banned her. Not me. But I do agree with him. Middle finger ain't sweet, didn't you know ? :icon_biggrin:

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 06:49 AM
If the pacifists/isolationists would prefer to fight our enemies here instead of over there then lets deploy the military along the border with Mexico and stop the illegal aliens, drug smugglers and Muslim terrorists from entering that way.

donttread
12-16-2014, 07:00 AM

To defend their OWN NATION. Which is best done from here

Mac-7
12-16-2014, 07:07 AM

You mean fight the crazy islams in our coffee shops and elementary schools in Miami or Boston rather than disturbing the peace in Yemen or Afghanistan?

protectionist
12-16-2014, 08:53 PM

That's what the National Guard is for. And you can't defend against Pakistani nuclear warheads "from here". One of the main reasons why US troops have been in Afghanistan all these years, is so they can move quickly into Pakistan, to secure those warheads, if and whenever the fragile Paki govt was to topple, and put the warheads at risk of being acquired by Pakistan's jihadist loonjobs. That can't be done from here.

You also can't stop al Qaeda from using Afghanistan to run bomb-making schools, from here. The US has been successfully doing these things for 13 years, and now Obama is placing the US at its greatest danger-jeopardy in our history, while he made a speech today bragging about doing that.

Peter1469
12-16-2014, 09:05 PM
That's what the National Guard is for. And you can't defend against Pakistani nuclear warheads "from here". One of the main reasons why US troops have been in Afghanistan all these years, is so they can move quickly into Pakistan, to secure those warheads, if and whenever the fragile Paki govt was to topple, and put the warheads at risk of being acquired by Pakistan's jihadist loonjobs. That can't be done from here.

You also can't stop al Qaeda from using Afghanistan to run bomb-making schools, from here. The US has been successfully doing these things for 13 years, and now Obama is placing the US at its greatest danger-jeopardy in our history, while he made a speech today bragging about doing that.

Paki nukes are not operational. They are in pieces. There are not many people in that part of the world that could put them back together. Even the Paki government isn't stupid. (They know how dangerous those weapons are).

donttread
12-17-2014, 09:30 AM
You mean fight the crazy islams in our coffee shops and elementary schools in Miami or Boston rather than disturbing the peace in Yemen or Afghanistan?

I mean quit poking the beehive only to cry when you get stung.

Mac-7
12-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I mean quit poking the beehive only to cry when you get stung.

Are you really so naive to believe that these crazy muslims just want to be left alone?

donttread
12-18-2014, 08:09 AM
Are you really so naive to believe that these crazy muslims just want to be left alone?

Well lets see why don't you tell me about all their attacks on America prior to the 50's and our meddling?