PDA

View Full Version : Americas poor are getting poorer

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 09:13 PM
Americas poor are getting poorer (http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-09-12/america-s-poor-deeper-in-debt-than-ever)

As the financial crisis continues the poor are getting poorer. And a lot of this debt will never be paid back (like the federal debt).

A closer look at the Fed data, however, suggests that the financial improvement is far from evenly distributed. The least wealthy families have made the least progress, and by some measures are in worse shape than ever.

As of 2013, the debts of the quarter of families with the lowest net worth stood at about 156 percent of pretax income, according to the Fed data. That's more than in 2007, before the financial crisis hit. It's also more than any of the wealthier groups -- something that hadn't happened before 2010.

zelmo1234
09-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Of course they are.

President Obama and his taxation, regulation and The ACA have made it so the average net profit on expanding your business or creating a business is now less that 5%

But his policy of printing 75 billion a month to prop up the stock market will almost insure investors 15 to 17% for doing nothing.

So those that can invest are riding the government's printing of money and stocking up on cash of investing that in other countries.

The poor are getting screwed because it does not create jobs.

It is not rocket science.

nathanbforrest45
09-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Heard a segment on NPR this away discussing what Harvard grads are saying about the economy. The biggest things was too much taxes and too much regulation. The question presented by the NPR host, well what is the answer, more government involvement? They don't have a fucking clue and will continue expanding government until the complete and total bankruptcy of the US.

Green Arrow
09-12-2014, 09:50 PM
The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. The inequality gap grows larger under President Obama. He's a fraud.

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Don't fall for the inequality argument. Focus on improving the lot of the poor.

texan
09-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Peter our country is ignoring the fact that China and Russia are teaming together to undermine everything we do and stand for in the world. They are bullying Obama directly or through well funded and aided surrogates. The democrats are busy tearing down our culture and we don't have a damn clue.

If this course continues the democrat party will be recognized in history as the party that destroyed America. We are capitolists and should be unapolgetic about that fact. But we are not anymore because the hippy lefty liberals have gotten in charge. Example? Lifetime democrat supported walfare is not and should not be in our DNA.

Peter1469
09-12-2014, 11:21 PM
We are also doing stuff to undermine the Russians and Chinese.

Mac-7
09-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Heard a segment on NPR this away discussing what Harvard grads are saying about the economy. The biggest things was too much taxes and too much regulation. The question presented by the NPR host, well what is the answer, more government involvement? They don't have a fucking clue and will continue expanding government until the complete and total bankruptcy of the US.

Thats typical of how the educated lib brain works.

If big government has cause an unintended consequence then let's try bigger government to fix what government has broken.

texan
09-13-2014, 10:18 AM
We are also doing stuff to undermine the Russians and Chinese.

If we are then we need a line change because they are doing one crappy job.

Peter1469
09-13-2014, 10:20 AM
If we are then we need a line change because they are doing one crappy job.

We don't make it public.

texan
09-13-2014, 10:22 AM
One other thing as an example. The federal government says they can't stop states from allowing federal $'s for food stamps to be used on pot. They said this July 31 of this year. So they can't make rules on what state spends federal momey on?

Then why did they threaten city and state highway money if they didn't open up section 8 housing?

How about a little common sense versus political correctness?

Mainecoons
09-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Everyone is getting poorer but the rich that Obama has taken such good care of.

I can't imagine a single Republican, even the most conservative, who would pursue policies that are so damaging to working Americans as Obama and the Democrats have.

It's a topsy turvy world for sure.

texan
09-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Peter, you can't keep giving these unmearsurable answers you are bringing lately.

1. Wink wink nod nod we have men on teh ground in Iraq. Obama disputes your intel.

2. We are actively taking it to the Chinese and Russians. You have no idea what we are or are not doing or if we are what level of success we are having. We can see what is in front of us and its called losing ground at this time.

We need a change in direction.

texan
09-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Here is what we are worried about and focus on:

Treyvon
Mike Brown
The Tea Party
Not speaking plainly about the threats we face
Police Departments
Governments unfair lifetime benefits & Pensions

Not worried about?

Terrorists
Out of control spending
Our southern border
The dollars value
Creating Jobs
Our gigantic overreaching government (Example? Indicting Adrian Peterson for Child Engangerment for spanking!)

PolWatch
09-13-2014, 04:13 PM
'legislation that would ban the use of welfare money to purchase marijuana has already been introduced at the federal level by several Congressmen.'

the states were faster at legalizing marijuana than the feds were at making laws against the use of federal $$$ to purchase.

Captain Obvious
09-13-2014, 04:17 PM
The rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. The inequality gap grows larger under President Obama. He's a fraud.

Much like wars, debt, etc., this wasn't the O'bama's doing but he did contribute his fair share toward it.

Mainecoons
09-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Treyvon
Mike Brown
The Tea Party
Police Departments

Not worried about?

Terrorists
Out of control spending
Our southern border
The dollars value
Creating Jobs
Our gigantic overreaching government (Example? Indicting Adrian Peterson for Child Engangerment for spanking!)

OK but keep in mind that the growing problem with the militarization of the police is directly connected to your last item.

We don't need to create jobs. Free enterprise will do that. We need to uncreate much of the government of the last 40 years that is choking the life out of free enterprise.

We need a "rollback" party, one whose platform is based on cutting the size and scope of government at all levels.

Bob
09-13-2014, 04:19 PM
I don't get what is wrong with militarization of the police. We ought to have trained cops able to fight terrorists as a first line of defense. An armored vehicle does not frighten me. The cops having semi automatics is no concern. They already have guns and shot guns and plenty of firepower for regular crooks. We may have the Muslims arrive to do battle.

Green Arrow
09-13-2014, 04:34 PM

Treyvon
Mike Brown
The Tea Party
Police Departments

Not worried about?

Terrorists
Out of control spending
Our southern border
The dollars value
Creating Jobs

Your out of control spending will get worse if we do what you are suggesting against terrorists.

Green Arrow
09-13-2014, 04:35 PM
I don't get what is wrong with militarization of the police. We ought to have trained cops able to fight terrorists as a first line of defense. An armored vehicle does not frighten me. The cops having semi automatics is no concern. They already have guns and shot guns and plenty of firepower for regular crooks. We may have the Muslims arrive to do battle.

Then by all means, submit to the government like a good little slave. Some of us still value our freedoms.

Mainecoons
09-13-2014, 04:37 PM
The problem Bob is that they are abusing that equipment and their power. Too many of them are way too poorly trained to be trusted with military equipment. I suggest you read up on the rampant abuse in the use of SWAT to be better informed on this topic.

Bob
09-13-2014, 04:42 PM
This is about poor getting poorer. Their incomes are not going down so much as prices have gone up so much for them in part due to Obama. It is not all his fault. But some is.

Obama hates gasoline as fuel. As he hates coal. The poor use both. Obama does not hate food, but it also has gone up a lot. Milk is much higher priced since he became president. I understand that correlation does not have to mean causation. But the man talks a game that helps the rich. But he won't admit it.

Meat has gone up a hell of a lot since he became president. All kinds of food is higher. I used to be able to buy a very large can of Argentine beef for maybe $7 dollars. This was under Bush. Today at the discount store, it is well over $20. I don't buy it now. Cheese is a lot higher. Eggs are priced well so i am not complaining about eggs. This no doubt will change. It was not long ago that the large package of sliced cheese was maybe $8 and now it is over $12. Thanks Obama for all that change. I hope you last not much longer. We all know about gasoline. It has fallen recently in CA but not back into the $2 dollar plus range. I think when Obama took charge, it was not even $2 per gallon. I bought gasoline in CA for premium in 1995 for @1.30 and in VA later on in 2000 for about $1.25. What the hell happened? Gas here for regular is about $3.55

Bob
09-13-2014, 04:43 PM
The problem Bob is that they are abusing that equipment and their power. Too many of them are way too poorly trained to be trusted with military equipment. I suggest you read up on the rampant abuse in the use of SWAT to be better informed on this topic.

I don't know where SWAT is out of control. Are you talking where blacks live?

I have to ask my son in law about cops being poorly trained. The left wingers lie about a lot of things.

Bob
09-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Then by all means, submit to the government like a good little slave. Some of us still value our freedoms.

That is a good example of super unkind bull shit. Said for effect though not at all true.

Any posters reading my posts are well aware of my high value on human freedom.

Mainecoons
09-13-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't know where SWAT is out of control. Are you talking where blacks live?

I have to ask my son in law about cops being poorly trained. The left wingers lie about a lot of things.

As I said, do a little reading on the topic. Not that long ago this was discussed here with numerous citations documenting SWAT abuse.

I'm not going to repeat all that. You could probably find the threads by using the search function here and typing in SWAT.

texan
09-13-2014, 06:18 PM
ok but keep in mind that the growing problem with the militarization of the police is directly connected to your last item. agreed

we don't need to create jobs. Free enterprise will do that. We need to uncreate much of the government of the last 40 years that is choking the life out of free enterprise. disagree. Our anti business regulations/policies and taxes need reforming and that will help business create jobs.

we need a "rollback" party, one whose platform is based on cutting the size and scope of government at all levels. I
made a Pero'test in 1996 so I feel ya.

Mainecoons
09-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Texan, you need to read my second sentence again. We agree on this.

Peter1469
09-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Peter, you can't keep giving these unmearsurable answers you are bringing lately.

1. Wink wink nod nod we have men on teh ground in Iraq. Obama disputes your intel.

2. We are actively taking it to the Chinese and Russians. You have no idea what we are or are not doing or if we are what level of success we are having. We can see what is in front of us and its called losing ground at this time.

We need a change in direction.

We have at least 1200 active military in Iraq. Not counting contractors. No boots on the ground though. Those words have a specific meaning.

We are clearly taking it to the Chinese and Russians. It is in the news if you understand what you read.

Bob
09-13-2014, 07:57 PM
We have at least 1200 active military in Iraq. Not counting contractors. No boots on the ground though. Those words have a specific meaning.

We are clearly taking it to the Chinese and Russians. It is in the news if you understand what you read.

Why send military since they are not boots on the ground? Do they have holsters with feather dusters?

texan
09-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Give me a link to read about how we are "taking it to them".............I follow things closely and don't see anything. You sure do a lot of reading between lines, point it out for me.

Mainecoons and I agree on 2.

Peter1469
09-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Why send military since they are not boots on the ground? Do they have holsters with feather dusters?

Nope.

Boots on the ground is not just 4 words. It is a term of art.

Peter1469
09-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Give me a link to read about how we are "taking it to them".............I follow things closely and don't see anything. You sure do a lot of reading between lines, point it out for me.

Mainecoons and I agree on 2.

Minor (http://www.globalresearch.ca/us-pushes-cyber-war-confrontation-with-china/5383001), but the big stuff doesn't make the news.

texan
09-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Pretty tough to argue with you on this stuff. You post "we are taking it to them!" Saying read between the lines. You can't prove it, you assume it, I say I am sure we are trying but looking at the score card we are not winning much in the last several years. That said:

A "Federal indictment?" Well I am sure the country of China is terrified. Again it doesn't take an imagination in reading between the lines to know cyber crap is going on, but evaluating reality we are not doing a very good job. "Taking it to them" is quite a leap to justify.

Peter1469
09-13-2014, 11:20 PM
ok

Pretty tough to argue with you on this stuff. You post "we are taking it to them!" Saying read between the lines. You can't prove it, you assume it, I say I am sure we are trying but looking at the score card we are not winning much in the last several years. That said:

A "Federal indictment?" Well I am sure the country of China is terrified. Again it doesn't take an imagination in reading between the lines to know cyber crap is going on, but evaluating reality we are not doing a very good job. "Taking it to them" is quite a leap to justify.

Dr. Who
09-14-2014, 12:07 AM
This is about poor getting poorer. Their incomes are not going down so much as prices have gone up so much for them in part due to Obama. It is not all his fault. But some is.

Obama hates gasoline as fuel. As he hates coal. The poor use both. Obama does not hate food, but it also has gone up a lot. Milk is much higher priced since he became president. I understand that correlation does not have to mean causation. But the man talks a game that helps the rich. But he won't admit it.

Meat has gone up a hell of a lot since he became president. All kinds of food is higher. I used to be able to buy a very large can of Argentine beef for maybe $7 dollars. This was under Bush. Today at the discount store, it is well over $20. I don't buy it now. Cheese is a lot higher. Eggs are priced well so i am not complaining about eggs. This no doubt will change. It was not long ago that the large package of sliced cheese was maybe $8 and now it is over $12. Thanks Obama for all that change. I hope you last not much longer. We all know about gasoline. It has fallen recently in CA but not back into the $2 dollar plus range. I think when Obama took charge, it was not even $2 per gallon. I bought gasoline in CA for premium in 1995 for @1.30 and in VA later on in 2000 for about $1.25. What the hell happened? Gas here for regular is about $3.55
Global prices for feed stock have increased and global weather is responsible for many crop failures around the world increasing demand in the far east. That is what is driving up the cost of meat prices and food in general. It has little to do with the government. It's more like a game of dominos.

momsapplepie
09-14-2014, 01:21 AM
global weather is responsible for many crop failures around the world increasing demand in the far east

I disagree. Crop failures do happen, but it isn't what drives pricing especially when it comes down to demand. You want to know why prices are rising? Ask your congress critters who are all invested. FOOLS are burning our food, and what's worse is they are DEMANDING more, instead of opening known avenues of energy production. Our government is starving people. Yes, admit it. Instead of developing known resources, they'd rather people all over the world starve for lack of necessary grain and burn it for their own profit.

Bob
09-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Global prices for feed stock have increased and global weather is responsible for many crop failures around the world increasing demand in the far east. That is what is driving up the cost of meat prices and food in general. It has little to do with the government. It's more like a game of dominos.

i did not mention weather since I have not proven your theory by research. I did mention fuel prices and stated that he simply refuses to allow drilling permits on public lands of much note despite how he brags.

Peter1469
09-14-2014, 03:52 AM
global weather is responsible for many crop failures around the world increasing demand in the far east

I disagree. Crop failures do happen, but it isn't what drives pricing especially when it comes down to demand. You want to know why prices are rising? Ask your congress critters who are all invested. FOOLS are burning our food, and what's worse is they are DEMANDING more, instead of opening known avenues of energy production. Our government is starving people. Yes, admit it. Instead of developing known resources, they'd rather people all over the world starve for lack of necessary grain and burn it for their own profit.

Ethanol does not use the food part of a crop....

texan
09-14-2014, 11:09 AM
ok

For Clarity, I do understand we are doing things. All major playing countries are doing things behind the scenes. But to what success, this is our only measurement? Right now it doesn't feel like we are getting anywhere, our success is minimal or non existent. I have learned in business and managing sales teams of up to 150 for my entire life that Focus in direction as a manager is what produces results. I don't think it is a stretch to say this prez is focus is on winning news cycles and intra state politics and national policy. He in no way is on the international stage with a great new idea leading the way.

When you emphisize certain things or areas they show results. My proposal to you is this president has no interest in doing much in these international areas, he never saw himself in this role when he took this job. In fact he may see these covert ops as cheating so to speak or possibly even against what his core believes. To give you a comparison successful business people have to be pretty screwd on these things and they make decisions that lead to wins, people half in lose to them. I don't think our guy likes these international games so they are not emphasized. No emphasis gets you what we are getting, no results or low results on the scorecard.

Thoughts?

Peter1469
09-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I am not an O supporter. I don't see him as dramatically different from past presidents so far as strategy goes. Of course the way he comes across is vastly different. But his actions are not. He sucks at the optics.

Look at Reagan. He never nation-built anywhere. But he talked a good game.

For Clarity, I do understand we are doing things. All major playing countries are doing things behind the scenes. But to what success, this is our only measurement? Right now it doesn't feel like we are getting anywhere, our success is minimal or non existent. I have learned in business and managing sales teams of up to 150 for my entire life that Focus in direction as a manager is what produces results. I don't think it is a stretch to say this prez is focus is on winning news cycles and intra state politics and national policy. He in no way is on the international stage with a great new idea leading the way.

When you emphisize certain things or areas they show results. My proposal to you is this president has no interest in doing much in these international areas, he never saw himself in this role when he took this job. In fact he may see these covert ops as cheating so to speak or possibly even against what his core believes. To give you a comparison successful business people have to be pretty screwd on these things and they make decisions that lead to wins, people half in lose to them. I don't think our guy likes these international games so they are not emphasized. No emphasis gets you what we are getting, no results or low results on the scorecard.

Thoughts?

Mainecoons
09-14-2014, 11:52 AM
The echo housing bubble is popping:

http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/california-home-sales-collapse-prices-hit-wall-lbo-funds-gone-millennials-mia/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailing+List+Sunday+10+AM

Pretty soon the only good housing market that will be left is Washington D.C. where the government thieves live fat off the money they steal from the rest of us.

However, Obama and the Fed have done well by their folks:

http://wolfstreet.com/2014/09/11/luxury-homes-goosed-by-stock-prices-rest-of-housing-market-teeters/