PDA

View Full Version : Obama Care: D or F- US Docs

Peter1469
09-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Obama Care: D or F- US Docs (http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2553569)

Well, no kidding. A political solution to medical insurance and care is likely going to be a big fail. As we see with Obamacare.

Forty-six percent of doctors give President Obama's healthcare law a "D" or an "F," according to (http://www.physiciansfoundation.org/uploads/default/2014_Physicians_Foundation_Biennial_Physician_Surv ey_Report.pdf) a new survey from the Physicians Foundation. In contrast, just 25 percent of those surveyed gave the law an "A" or a "B."

The findings come from a survey that was emailed to "virtually every physician in the United States with an email address on record with the American Medical Association" this March through June as the law's major provisions were taking effect, and received more than 20,000 responses from doctors.

I spent the first 43 years of my life almost never going to the hospital. 5 times tops.

Then at 44- well a different story. These doctors are horrified at what Obamacare is doing to the US health care system.

texan
09-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Yep as the Ceeegars of the world blindly march along without question. This even goes on after perhaps the biggest lie, even bigger than the so called lie about WMDs, do not worry I promise you can keep your HC plan and doctor.

5 million lost policy losses later and estmates of about 13 million more, only put off for now to protect another election they still follow along lying to our faces about its realities.

Cigar
09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Hummm Member Call-Outs :huh:

2. Harassment, or the persistent targeting of a member across threads, will not be tolerated. Belittling members will not be tolerated. Calling members out in threads will not be tolerated. Threats of any kind against any person for any reason will be dealt with harshly and may be referred to a law-enforcement agency as necessary. This includes harassment via PM.

Mainecoons
09-18-2014, 09:43 AM
This was never about health care. It is about taxation, power and control. It was a sweetheart deal between the government and the health insurers, the primary drafters of this terrible piece of legislation.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 09:52 AM
I don't think 10% or so of docs understand 10% of the act to be honest, or any of us for that matter.

Here's what the typical doc sees, the electronic health record - using it slows the process down tremendously, paper charts were way, way easier and faster to use (and cheaper). And fuck - "I gotta learn new things I don't like learning" too.

The boon so far with the ACA and it doesn't apply to all practices is the Medicaid expansion. It's great if you live in a Medicaid expanded state, but everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop - how are we going to pay for this (ie: where are we getting fucked to make up for the additional coverage)?

Cigar
09-18-2014, 09:55 AM
A Poll of US Patients are more relevant

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't think 10% or so of docs understand 10% of the act to be honest, or any of us for that matter.

Here's what the typical doc sees, the electronic health record - using it slows the process down tremendously, paper charts were way, way easier and faster to use (and cheaper). And fuck - "I gotta learn new things I don't like learning" too.

The boon so far with the ACA and it doesn't apply to all practices is the Medicaid expansion. It's great if you live in a Medicaid expanded state, but everyone is waiting for the other shoe to drop - how are we going to pay for this (ie: where are we getting fucked to make up for the additional coverage)?

Paper charts can be scanned pdf and boom- and electronic record.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Paper charts can be scanned pdf and boom- and electronic record.

Not really sort of.

Scanning gives you a picture - a PDF. The EHR gives you data compilable fields where data can be extracted, reported and turned into information, you can't easily extract that from a PDF.

The scanning part is basically to keep it all together including the historical stuff, everything going forward once the system is in place is mostly interactive.

Scanning charts is a pain in the ass too, heavy labor intensive.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Not really sort of.

Scanning gives you a picture - a PDF. The EHR gives you data compilable fields where data can be extracted, reported and turned into information, you can't easily extract that from a PDF.

The scanning part is basically to keep it all together including the historical stuff, everything going forward once the system is in place is mostly interactive.

Scanning charts is a pain in the ass too, heavy labor intensive.

The docs wouldn't be doing the scanning. As younger tech savvy docs come into the system true e-medical documents will naturally happen.

Funny, in the legal field, attorneys are disciplined to include disbarment for failing to use modern technology to serve their clients.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:13 AM
The docs wouldn't be doing the scanning. As younger tech savvy docs come into the system true e-medical documents will naturally happen.

Funny, in the legal field, attorneys are disciplined to include disbarment for failing to use modern technology to serve their clients.

We get kids right out of high school or volunteers sometimes if we can find them to do a lot of it but sometimes an RN or somebody needs to intervene because they understand the layout of the chart. Doc's wouldn't do that or mid-levels.

I don't think medical licensure is at risk anytime soon, how CMS has decided to deal with it is to incentivize (big payments) for rolling the EHR out within the timeframe allotted then penalizing reimbursement once that timeframe has passed.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 10:17 AM
My younger docs carry tablets and record everything in real time- fast. And they look for drug interactions with the stuff that I take. The older ones just mumble and make notes I can't read.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:22 AM
My younger docs carry tablets and record everything in real time- fast. And they look for drug interactions with the stuff that I take. The older ones just mumble and make notes I can't read.

Yeah, that's basically the routine.

The younger guys who are tech savvy latch on to this concept immediately and they want all the bells and whistles, IPods and shit like that. The downside is - younger docs don't have that old work ethic, they all want to leave at 4 to go to their kids t-ball games.

The older docs will stay in the office until 9 every night but give them a laptop and they'll be smashing the keyboard with their fists in a matter of weeks.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Yeah, that's basically the routine.

The younger guys who are tech savvy latch on to this concept immediately and they want all the bells and whistles, IPods and shit like that. The downside is - younger docs don't have that old work ethic, they all want to leave at 4 to go to their kids t-ball games.

The older docs will stay in the office until 9 every night but give them a laptop and they'll be smashing the keyboard with their fists in a matter of weeks.

LoL.

The last time I was in the hospital, the doc freaked out because the toner in the printer was low. He called his nurse and had her change it - I laughed and said they make those things so that anybody can change the toner....

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:34 AM
LoL.

The last time I was in the hospital, the doc freaked out because the toner in the printer was low. He called his nurse and had her change it - I laughed and said they make those things so that anybody can change the toner....

Welcome to my world.

Nothing like a doc storming into my office, slamming the door behind him and screaming at me for a half hour because the internet is down.

texan
09-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Hummm Member Call-Outs :huh:

2. Harassment, or the persistent targeting of a member across threads, will not be tolerated. Belittling members will not be tolerated. Calling members out in threads will not be tolerated. Threats of any kind against any person for any reason will be dealt with harshly and may be referred to a law-enforcement agency as necessary. This includes harassment via PM.

Wow I must have hit a nerve!

texan
09-18-2014, 11:44 AM

Well you may be right, but they do understand everyone was lied to then.

texan
09-18-2014, 11:46 AM

It isn't younger docs, most all are carrying tablets, laptops etc. The first one I saw was before tablets and they were carrying palm pilots. They were not "young" either.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Well you may be right, but they do understand everyone was lied to then.

You're not even in the same galaxy in this discussion.

Now shoo, go partisanly hack someone elses topic.