PDA

View Full Version : Bipartisan lawmakers’ group calls for resignation of federal judge accused of beating

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Happy now Cigar ?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/bipartisan-lawmakers-group-calls-for-resignation-of-federal-judge-accused-of-beating-wife/

Three U.S. senators on Wednesday called for the resignation of a federal judge accused of beating his wife in an Atlanta hotel room last month.

Senators Richard Shelby and Jeff Sessions, both Republicans of Alabama, joined Senator Claire McCaskill, a Missouri Democrat, in calling for the resignation of Alabama-based U.S. District Court Judge Mark Fuller.

Mac-7
09-18-2014, 10:59 AM
How can women demand combat positions in the military when the weaker sex can't even defend themselves much less the country?

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 10:59 AM
How can women demand combat positions in the military when the weaker sex can't even defend themselves much less the country?

:biglaugh:

Oh man, you're a fucking riot!

del
09-18-2014, 11:00 AM

excellent point

and by excellent i mean are you fucking kidding me? lol

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 11:02 AM
excellent point

and by excellent i mean are you fucking kidding me? lol

He paints with a broad brush.

(see what I did there?)

del
09-18-2014, 11:03 AM
He paints with a broad brush.

(see what I did there?)

tricksee hobbit

Common Sense
09-18-2014, 11:03 AM

Not all women are the same, just as not all men are the same. I'd wager many of the women who want to be put into combat roles could kick the crap outta you and me.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Not all women are the same, just as not all men are the same. I'd wager many of the women who want to be put into combat roles could kick the crap outta you and me.

But could they keep up with the men in the actual combat roles? That is the question. Just because they could dominate you has no bearing on whether they could survive 30 seconds of close quarters combat.

I haven't met any that could.

del
09-18-2014, 11:08 AM
that must mean that none exist

Mac-7
09-18-2014, 11:09 AM
I'd wager many of the women who want to be put into combat roles could kick the crap outta you and me.

Maybe.

But the odds are they can't kick the crap out of the male combat soldiers in their outfit who will have to do more because the amazon warriors do less.

Common Sense
09-18-2014, 11:10 AM
But could they keep up with the men in the actual combat roles? That is the question. Just because they could dominate you has no bearing on whether they could survive 30 seconds of close quarters combat.

Certainly not all men could. It seems to work in Israel.

PolWatch
09-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Happy now @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) ?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/bipartisan-lawmakers-group-calls-for-resignation-of-federal-judge-accused-of-beating-wife/

I almost hate to derail the conversation by getting back to the subject, but...

I can't believe that Sessions and/or Shelby would ever do anything to question a sitting Republican ANYTHING! Wonder if the previous questions of wife abuse, cheating & drug abuse that surfaced during his last divorce has anything to do with their 'sudden' interest in the quality of judges....

Captain Obvious
09-18-2014, 11:13 AM

I don't disagree or contradict your position, I just don't think it's appropriate to suggest that because one woman was victimized by an abusive husband disqualifies all women from competing with men in the military.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Certainly not all men could. It seems to work in Israel.

Really, Israel declared their women in combat experiment to be an utter failure. Israel women can't serve in the infantry anymore. They are allowed in specialized combat units.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't disagree or contradict your position, I just don't think it's appropriate to suggest that because one woman was victimized by an abusive husband disqualifies all women from competing with men in the military.

We have X number of slots for combat training schools. If we open them up for women we lose potential men who could actually perform real world missions. Keep the social experiments away from our military.

Mac-7
09-18-2014, 11:21 AM

Its the other way around isn't it?

the left are screaming bloody murder in every venue, the military, colleges, and homes all over America that male abuse of women is rampant.

So the female who MIGHT more or less be able to keep up in combat is the exception.

Green Arrow
09-18-2014, 11:29 AM

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/gary-oldman-you-suck.gif

PolWatch
09-18-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm a supporter of equality. By that, I mean that any woman who wants a job in a male dominated area should be tested for ability. I suspect there are women who could perform as well in combat as some men, but they would a minority number (my opinion). Under no circumstance should troops be endangered in a social experiment with someone who has not proven she can keep up. I have known women who could hoist a 16' 2x6 and carry it up 5 flights of stairs on a job....and also some men who could not.

Green Arrow
09-18-2014, 11:38 AM
This is America, not Russia or Germany. If it was Germany or Russia, we could probably find plenty of women who could match and even beat men in combat.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm a supporter of equality. By that, I mean that any woman who wants a job in a male dominated area should be tested for ability. I suspect there are women who could perform as well in combat as some men, but they would a minority number (my opinion). Under no circumstance should troops be endangered in a social experiment with someone who has not proven she can keep up. I have known women who could hoist a 16' 2x6 and carry it up 5 flights of stairs on a job....and also some men who could not.

The problem is that the military doesn't have an unlimited budget.

The Army Ranger Training Brigade only has so many courses per year. They are talking about opening it up for women next year.

The problem is- unless standards are slashed, no woman could pass. So slots are taken up by forgone failures. Our Ranger Training Brigade exists to give the United States warriors. It does not exits to make the liberals and GLBT community happy.

PolWatch
09-18-2014, 11:56 AM
The problem is that the military doesn't have an unlimited budget.

The Army Ranger Training Brigade only has so many courses per year. They are talking about opening it up for women next year.

The problem is- unless standards are slashed, no woman could pass. So slots are taken up by forgone failures. Our Ranger Training Brigade exists to give the United States warriors. It does not exits to make the liberals and GLBT community happy.

don't they have tests for ability before entering training? If not, someone needs to quit putting anyone into the program (male or female) who has no chance of passing.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 12:16 PM
don't they have tests for ability before entering training? If not, someone needs to quit putting anyone into the program (male or female) who has no chance of passing.

Many units do have a ranger indoctrination program. I went through the one run by the 101st Abn. It was harder than ranger school. Unfortunately, Big Army gave me orders for a reassignment to Korea (2nd ID) so my SGM tore up my Ranger school orders.

PolWatch
09-18-2014, 12:20 PM
If the tests are administered prior to enrollment, there would there be no problem with spaces being taken by those who are doomed to fail? I don't think the requirements should be changed to assure females pass...anymore than changing them for men with influence to pass.

Peter1469
09-18-2014, 12:32 PM
If the tests are administered prior to enrollment, there would there be no problem with spaces being taken by those who are doomed to fail? I don't think the requirements should be changed to assure females pass...anymore than changing them for men with influence to pass.

True. My concern is that standards will be lowered just to meet the social justice agenda.

Cigar
09-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Happy now @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) ?

:laugh: They are "calling" for him to resign? :rofl: