PDA

View Full Version : New Video of Warren Weinstein Taken Hostage by Al Queda

Conley
05-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Warren Weinstein, US hostage in Pakistan, in video plea

US hostage Warren Weinstein has pleaded with President Barack Obama to meet his captors' demands in a video released by al-Qaeda's media arm, says US monitoring group Site intelligence.

Mr Weinstein, 70, an aid expert living in Pakistan, was kidnapped by armed men in the city of Lahore last August.

The short video was posted to Islamist websites on Sunday, according to Site.

Last year al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri said Mr Weinstein would be freed if the US stopped air strikes.

In a video released last December, the al-Qaeda leader demanded that the US cease strikes in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen and also demanded the release of al-Qaeda and Taliban suspects around the world, including the 1993 World Trade Center bombers.
"My life is in your hands, Mr President. If you accept the demands, I live; if you don't accept the demands, then I die," Site quoted Mr Weinstein as saying in the latest video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17980396

This is a seventy year old man who's been a hostage since August. I remember when he was taken and have heard very little since. I would hope that getting him back would be a priority for our government.