PDA

View Full Version : Santorums's Underwhelming Endorsement of Romeny......

MMC
05-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Rick Santorum finally offered a formal endorsement (http://news.yahoo.com/rick-santorum-formally-endorses-mitt-romney-034731432--abc-news-politics.html) for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney late on Monday night. But it was hardly a ringing proclamation of approval for his former rival.From its timing (after 11 p.m. on the East Coast) to its form (an email to supporters (http://www.ricksantorum.com/governor-romney) posted on his campaign website) to its language (more highlighting his differences with Romney than extolling Romney's virtues) it's a decidedly lukewarm nod to the man who bested him in the Republican primaries.

"Above all else, we both agree that President Obama must be defeated," Santorum says before finally offering up his support in the 13th paragraph of the 16-paragraph missive.

Like Newt Gingrich's similarly tepid endorsement (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-formally-end-2012-presidential-campaign-moon-shot-092715416.html), Santorum offers little praise for the party's standard bearer, beyond the belief that he's preferable to four more years of President Obama.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-underwhelming-endorsement-romney-081055500.html

I don't think Newt or Santorum will be seeing any positions in Romney's Administration. Wonder if Romney will even pay off their debts.

Conley
05-08-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm beginning to suspect Rick Santorum might be kind of a jerk. :grin: But hey, at least he's honest. No one is excited about Romney (except the Mormon Church) and the first thing out of most conservative and GOP supporter's mouths is that the would be better than Obama.

MMC
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Still all this PC bullshit.....Santorum don't give one Iota of respect to Romney. Even within the GOP it's pretty obvious who doesnt like who.

Peter1469
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Rick Santorum finally offered a formal endorsement (http://news.yahoo.com/rick-santorum-formally-endorses-mitt-romney-034731432--abc-news-politics.html) for presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney late on Monday night. But it was hardly a ringing proclamation of approval for his former rival.From its timing (after 11 p.m. on the East Coast) to its form (an email to supporters (http://www.ricksantorum.com/governor-romney) posted on his campaign website) to its language (more highlighting his differences with Romney than extolling Romney's virtues) it's a decidedly lukewarm nod to the man who bested him in the Republican primaries.

"Above all else, we both agree that President Obama must be defeated," Santorum says before finally offering up his support in the 13th paragraph of the 16-paragraph missive.

Like Newt Gingrich's similarly tepid endorsement (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-formally-end-2012-presidential-campaign-moon-shot-092715416.html), Santorum offers little praise for the party's standard bearer, beyond the belief that he's preferable to four more years of President Obama.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/santorum-underwhelming-endorsement-romney-081055500.html

I don't think Newt or Santorum will be seeing any positions in Romney's Administration. Wonder if Romney will even pay off their debts.

Why do they need to pay off their debts? The campaigns are incorporated entities. File for bankruptcy and walk away.

MMC
05-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I was told they suspended their Campaigns so they can still continue to recieve money. So another question is why wouldn't they be using this money to pay off their debts.

Peter1469
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
I was told they suspended their Campaigns so they can still continue to recieve money. So another question is why wouldn't they be using this money to pay off their debts. I would suppose that is the only thing that they would legally be able to do with the money.

Who would give them money? Other than some rich backer that feels sorry for them.

This is what the bankruptcy code is for.

coolwalker
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm beginning to suspect Rick Santorum might be kind of a jerk. :grin: But hey, at least he's honest. No one is excited about Romney (except the Mormon Church) and the first thing out of most conservative and GOP supporter's mouths is that the would be better than Obama.

That little animal on your shoulder would be better than Obama and would probably put in longer hours too.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 08:34 PM

He seemed to be the most honest of the bunch

Conley
05-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Why are you spamming our board with your board's link? Did you ask anyone about that?

MMC
05-24-2012, 08:47 PM
Why are you spamming our board with your board's link? Did you ask anyone about that?

What question could be asked. I think such would be a mute point.

Conley
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
What question could be asked. I think such would be a mute point.

Well, it would have been polite to ask.

Why would the admin of another board show up here with a link in her sig? Isn't there enough going on over there to keep you busy JB?

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 08:52 PM
we allow folks to post their links on our board in their siggies, and even allow folks to send invites, not banning and such as they invite people over. we encourage it at our place, and was under the impression that this board didnt have any censorship. You mean to tell me that I can't put our boards link in my siggie?

MMC
05-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Well as An Admin I think she knows the answer to a question that doesnt need to be asked.....huh? :wink:

Mister D
05-24-2012, 08:54 PM
we allow folks to post their links on our board in their siggies, and even allow folks to send invites, not banning and such as they invite people over. we encourage it at our place, and was under the impression that this board didnt have any censorship. You mean to tell me that I can't put our boards link in my siggie?

Bad form, JB.

Conley
05-24-2012, 08:55 PM

I'll take it the answer is no, you didn't ask. It's basic courtesy...and censorship? :laugh:

MMC
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Seems there are quite a few sites that don't allow such. Specifically all the top sites with these types of Forums.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Well, it would have been polite to ask.

Why would the admin of another board show up here with a link in her sig? Isn't there enough going on over there to keep you busy JB?

my friends call me JB (do I know you?) I have always posted on other boards, regardless of my admining my own. Why are you concerned with that NOW? Im harmless

Conley
05-24-2012, 08:57 PM
Not to mention the last time she was here the insults she left...

Conley
05-24-2012, 08:57 PM
my friends call me JB (do I know you?)

Nope, I figured out the abbreviation all on my own. :grin:

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Bad form, JB.
You have GOT to be kidding me? bad forum to put our boards link in my siggie? Man I never realized that my allowing that at our place all these years was "bad forum". He11 I even gave you guys a shout out today, and posted a link there myself. Why the lock down and insecurity?

Conley
05-24-2012, 09:02 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me? bad forum to put our boards link in my siggie? Man I never realized that my allowing that at our place all these years was "bad forum". He11 I even gave you guys a shout out today, and posted a link there myself. Why the lock down and insecurity?

Last time you were here you insulted two of our senior members and drove a new one off. Why do you think this kind of conduct is acceptable?

ramone
05-24-2012, 09:03 PM
my friends call me JB (do I know you?) I have always posted on other boards, regardless of my admining my own. Why are you concerned with that NOW? Im harmless

What's up jelly, how ya doing? I'm not concerned, I always liked you even though we don't always agree.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Not to mention the last time she was here the insults she left...

excuse me? I was defending censoirship accusations against myself. Im a fair player. I didnt leave. I couldnt find my stuff I posted, it all got myseriously "moved" to some other area here. LOL besides, I always come and go. But if you knew me then you would know that. I believe now that you did figure the JB out on your own, for clearly you have no idea my board behavior patterns

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:04 PM
What's up jelly, how ya doing? I'm not concerned, I always liked you even though we don't always agree.
hey bud! see, just ask ramone, he can vouch for me!

Conley
05-24-2012, 09:05 PM
excuse me? I was defending censoirship accusations against myself. Im a fair player. I didnt leave. I couldnt find my stuff I posted, it all got myseriously "moved" to some other area here. LOL besides, I always come and go. But if you knew me then you would know that. I believe now that you did figure the JB out on your own, for clearly you have no idea my board behavior patterns

You've been here since August and have 22 posts...most either nonsensical ramblings or random baggage from another forum. So nope, I don't really know you except for what you've done here.

Mister D
05-24-2012, 09:07 PM

Bad forum? Drinking the communion wine again? You're the owner/admin of another website. You should know better. It just looks bad.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:08 PM
ayhoo, back to santorum (since he basically has seemed to have left the planet and no one talks of him anymore), think he will try and stay in the political game, or is he all washed up?

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Bad forum? Drinking the communion wine again? You're the owner/admin of another website. You should know better. It just looks bad.
D, you were my Mod for a very long time, and you totally know that we have always allowed people to have their board links in their signatures, and I even had helped folks to start their own places, or give creedence totheir formats and other endeavors they were doing such as their blogs and or radio shows...man, how soon you forget

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
You've been here since August and have 22 posts...most either nonsensical ramblings or random baggage from another forum. So nope, I don't really know you except for what you've done here.
Ive been here much much longer, and was a member of the original politirant before it ever went down as a site, and also posted at argue with everyone...if you don't know me then you haven't been paying attention

spunkloaf
05-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Ive been here much much longer, and was a member of the original politirant before it ever went down as a site, and also posted at argue with everyone...if you don't know me then you haven't been paying attention

I'm notorious for being absent minded, but I remember the name.

Mister D
05-24-2012, 09:16 PM
D, you were my Mod for a very long time, and you totally know that we have always allowed people to have their board links in their signatures, and I even had helped folks to start their own places, or give creedence totheir formats and other endeavors they were doing such as their blogs and or radio shows...man, how soon you forget

I really don't remember what you allowed or did not allow. In any case, how you operate your board is immaterial. You should have asked the admin here particularly as the owner of another website. It's not a matter of vouching for you either. It's a simple matter of etiquette.

ramone
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
I really don't remember what you allowed or did not allow. In any case, how you operate your board is immaterial. You should have asked the admin here particularly as the owner of another website. It's not a matter of vouching for you either. It's a simple matter of etiquette.

Agreed, where I mod at we will allow links but only if you ask first. It is a matter of respect.

spunkloaf
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
I think D has a point. Perhaps you should just take it down JB, for now, and ask ADMIN.

MMC
05-24-2012, 09:20 PM
Like I stated most of the top sites dont allow it and both D and Ramone are correct.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm notorious for being absent minded, but I remember the name.
k cool, I know your name too

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Agreed, where I mod at we will allow links but only if you ask first. It is a matter of respect.

respect? for a board facilitator? I didnt realize there was that sort of heirarchy here. Good to know. respect hmmm...I could try and say something similar at our place and I can assure you I would get laughed at till the cows came home. etiquette, respect, and we dont want to forget non censorship....all good lessons to be learned here. (thinking)

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Like I stated most of the top sites dont allow it and both D and Ramone are correct.
And Im sure thats why they are the "top" right?

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:30 PM
You don't remeber? it hasn't been that long D, lol. So we need "permissions" when posting a link to another site. Since we are on the subject, are there other things that need "permission" before we post before the board admins? I hope there isnt any ring kissing involved.

MMC
05-24-2012, 09:33 PM
And Im sure thats why they are the "top" right?

That would be my guess considering thats what their membership accepted.....correct?

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Last time you were here you insulted two of our senior members and drove a new one off. Why do you think this kind of conduct is acceptable?
I drove a member off? now don't lay that on me, and if I posted an insult, I can assure you that I was merely defending myself, or the congress :)

Mister D
05-24-2012, 09:39 PM
You don't remeber? it hasn't been that long D, lol. So we need "permissions" when posting a link to another site. Since we are on the subject, are there other things that need "permission" before we post before the board admins? I hope there isnt any ring kissing involved.

No, I really don't. Besides, I did even less on your site than I do here.

No, you don't need permission but you should ask. I'm not sure why you are having so much trouble understanding this. As for your jabs about moderation, I'll let them go. It's not worth arguing about and probably never was.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
That would be my guess considering thats what their membership accepted.....correct?
Some top sites not allowing link postings in siggies of other sites is just a way of securing that nobody considers even posting other places. its a way of assuring that a "top site" doesnt lose their cash cattle. Some of these sites advertise and make money off post counts as they sell to advertisers. Chain people in! Thats freedom? We dont do any of that at the congress, and instead, like organic growth to remain as such. Folks are free to come and go, and the internet is suppose to be a shared format of information. We have no gains as admin on our board, except learned knowledge from others opinions

Mister D
05-24-2012, 09:41 PM

Exactly.

ramone
05-24-2012, 09:44 PM
respect? for a board facilitator? I didnt realize there was that sort of heirarchy here. Good to know. respect hmmm...I could try and say something similar at our place and I can assure you I would get laughed at till the cows came home. etiquette, respect, and we dont want to forget non censorship....all good lessons to be learned here. (thinking)

I would ask before I posted a link there. If I remember right I was asked to remove my sig as " the official congress racist" which I put up as a joke. As for censorship, well I had my share of posts moved to the "special" section. And as for D and what happened, you know my opinion of that and when admin doesn't remove powers from people then what do you expect them to do?

This is not like you to be arguing at another forum Jelly. Why are you here arguing about things that happened long ago?

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I would ask before I posted a link there. If I remember right I was asked to remove my sig as " the official congress racist" which I put up as a joke. As for censorship, well I had my share of posts moved to the "special" section. And as for D and what happened, you know my opinion of that and when admin doesn't remove powers from people then what do you expect them to do?

This is not like you to be arguing at another forum Jelly. Why are you here arguing about things that happened long ago?

yes, zeta board doesnt allow any racist posts, and as far as D, and removing powers from people? huh? Im not following you about D. D knows why and what, and hasnt complained.

And he11 Im not arguing about things from long ago, D was a mod with us, and seems to have forgotten that we allowed link siggies, WITHOUT PERMISSION, how is that arguing about things from long ago?

MMC
05-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Exactly as the matter was quite simple. She could PM the Admin and ask if such is acceptable.

I don't really care what happens at other sites just whats going on here. Moreover most owners know you don't bring drama from another site to another one. Thats a simple fact.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Exactly as the matter was quite simple. She could PM the Admin and ask if such is acceptable.

I don't really care what happens at other sites just whats going on here. Moreover most owners know you don't bring drama from another site to another one. Thats a simple fact.
then get back on topic of santorum...and dont be judging my behavior about my siggie, why care? why the drama?

MMC
05-24-2012, 10:09 PM
then get back on topic of santorum...and dont be judging my behavior about my siggie, why care? why the drama?

The Admin is here.....so you should have no problem taking care of the matter, and gving that respect. :wink:

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 10:53 PM
The Admin is here.....so you should have no problem taking care of the matter, and gving that respect. :wink:

I very doubt that your admin will request "RESPECT" in the forum of "permission" to post our board link. Admining isnt rockt science, and your admin will hopefully know that. Any person can start any board at any time, if members understood that more, then it takes away the whole mystery curtain of who admins really are. Who are we? Just freaking board starters is all. If your admin is as even headed as I hope he (or she) to be, then there wont be any problems beyond your murmerings on the matter

MMC
05-24-2012, 10:58 PM
I very doubt that your admin will request "RESPECT" in the forum of "permission" to post our board link. Admining isnt rockt science, and your admin will hopefully know that. Any person can start any board at any time, if members understood that more, then it takes away the whole mystery curtain of who admins really are. Who are we? Just freaking board starters is all. If your admin is as even headed as I hope he (or she) to be, then there wont be any problems beyond your murmerings on the matter

Thats alright.....my murmerings left the perception where it should be. On You! :wink:

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Thats alright.....my murmerings left the perception where it should be. On You! :wink:

whatever'
I want to see pics from this weekend, which thread did you put them in?

MMC
05-24-2012, 11:04 PM
I put the link up in the other thread.

spunkloaf
05-24-2012, 11:12 PM

Good. Then ADMIN can take away wingrider's VIP status since he thinks it's such a joke, and less than the worth of a cup of coffee.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2012, 11:23 PM
I put the link up in the other thread.

great pics, loved the one with the little old lady and the walker

heres where I was on friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NTzv2g0AZwU