PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania senator casually comes out - 'I'm gay. Get over it,'

Cigar
09-24-2014, 10:30 AM
t was one of those oh-by-the-way moments -- an afterthought really. It wasn't supposed to be a coming out party.

Lawmakers gathered in the Pennsylvania state capital in Harrisburg on Tuesday to propose a major change in the state's hate crime law to extend protection to those who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.

Lawmakers made their pitch for getting the legislation to the governor's desk by the end of the year.

Then bill sponsor, Sen. Jim Ferlo of Pittsburgh, made his surprise announcement -- very casually.

"Hundreds of people know I'm gay. I just never made an official declaration," he said. "I never felt I had to wear a billboard on my forehead. But I'm gay. Get over it. I love it. It's a great life."
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByP8V3uIUAA3z6g.jpg
more

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/us/pennsylvania-lawmaker-comes-out/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Private Pickle
09-24-2014, 10:32 AM
The guy in the backround makes the picture.

Captain Obvious
09-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Who gives a fuck?

Get over it.

Private Pickle
09-24-2014, 10:35 AM
"How does a guy look at another guy's hairy ass, and find love?"

-Sam Kinnison

nic34
09-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Later, Ferlo, who will be leaving the state Senate in November, said his remarks weren't planned.

There's why he said it.

PS, he's also a STATE Senator, not US.

Cigar
09-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Who gives a fuck?

Get over it.

Hang on ... give it a few more sceconds :laugh:

Captain Obvious
09-24-2014, 10:40 AM
PS, he's also a STATE Senator, not US.

That's what the OP means when it characterized this guy as a "Pennsylvania senator".

Maybe the fact that PA is a commonwealth confused you.

My job is done here.

nic34
09-24-2014, 10:43 AM
That's what the OP means when it characterized this guy as a "Pennsylvania senator".

My job is done here.

look at the bottom of the graphic^^

Captain Obvious
09-24-2014, 10:45 AM

look at the bottom of the graphic^^

look at the title of the OP

Captain Obvious
09-24-2014, 10:46 AM
You know what - fuck Ferlo, he's a fucking pussy.

So he waits until his legislative career is almost over to announce this? If he had any fucking balls he would have been out of the closet a long time ago.

Yeah, thanks for showing us what a fucking coward you really are, Ferlo.

nic34
09-24-2014, 10:48 AM
look at the title of the OP

Should have said PA State senator

nic34
09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
You know what - fuck Ferlo, he's a fucking pussy.

So he waits until his legislative career is almost over to announce this? If he had any fucking balls he would have been out of the closet a long time ago.

Yeah, thanks for showing us what a fucking coward you really are, Ferlo.

That's what I was getting at. http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32298-Pennsylvania-senator-casually-comes-out-I-m-gay-Get-over-it?p=774977&viewfull=1#post774977

Captain Obvious
09-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Should have said PA State senator

Would have been superfluous.

del
09-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Would have been superfluous.

you misspelled accurate

Cigar
09-24-2014, 12:38 PM

My job is done here.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/attachments/general-chit-chat/918746d1370961072-another-scandal-hillary-sex-drugs-prostitutes-minors-secret-service-cover-up-memos-what-difference-does-make.jpg (http://joshuapundit.blogspot.com/2014/04/benghazi-what-difference-does-it-make.html)

nathanbforrest45
09-24-2014, 01:25 PM

-Sam Kinnison

Yeah, it probably taste like cardboard and it will shit the bed.

The Xl
09-24-2014, 01:29 PM
I really don't get why people care either way.

nathanbforrest45
09-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Why should it matter if he is gay or straight or if he came out last year or the day after tomorrow. Did his gayness in any way impact on his performance as a Pennsylvania State Senator? If he came out the day after he was elected would that have made a difference in how he handled his duties? To attack him because he didn't come out soon enough tells me that you don't truly believe being gay makes no difference but must be flaunted for political reasons.

Private Pickle
09-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah, it probably taste like cardboard and it will shit the bed.

Or taste like shit and cardboard the bed.

nathanbforrest45
09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Or taste like shit and cardboard the bed.

I wonder what George Bush had to do with this?

Cigar
09-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Why should it matter if he is gay or straight or if he came out last year or the day after tomorrow. Did his gayness in any way impact on his performance as a Pennsylvania State Senator? If he came out the day after he was elected would that have made a difference in how he handled his duties? To attack him because he didn't come out soon enough tells me that you don't truly believe being gay makes no difference but must be flaunted for political reasons.

Neither should his Color matter or his Gender :grin:

Private Pickle
09-24-2014, 01:48 PM

Well he shit the bed and then cardboarded the shit.

Ransom
09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
I really don't get why people care either way.

There are activists that push the issues to the front burners, Xl......there to be grazed on by ewe sheep.

Gunny
09-24-2014, 03:14 PM

It's his fault. Didn't you know?

Green Arrow
09-24-2014, 04:00 PM
As an LGBTQ individual myself, I think he's doing this for publicity. I think at this stage in our nation's development, anyone publicly "coming out" is just doing it for publicity. A few years ago when this was all still fresh, it served a purpose and I applauded it then. But now? No, it accomplishes nothing. Even people who do not support same sex marriage are okay with LGBTQ people nowadays. We're not being bullied or mistreated any more than literally everyone else in America anymore, so it's just pointless. At this point, it's being done by attention whores and that's it.

donttread
09-24-2014, 04:35 PM

-Sam Kinnison

Beauty is apparently in the eye of the beholder?

Bob
09-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Who gives a fuck?

Get over it.

You talking to that politician?

Redrose
09-24-2014, 04:50 PM
As an LGBTQ individual myself, I think he's doing this for publicity. I think at this stage in our nation's development, anyone publicly "coming out" is just doing it for publicity. A few years ago when this was all still fresh, it served a purpose and I applauded it then. But now? No, it accomplishes nothing. Even people who do not support same sex marriage are okay with LGBTQ people nowadays. We're not being bullied or mistreated any more than literally everyone else in America anymore, so it's just pointless. At this point, it's being done by attention whores and that's it.

lesbian
gay
bisexual
transgendered
questioning

LGBTQ Green Arrow which one are you?

Green Arrow
09-24-2014, 05:03 PM
lesbian
gay
bisexual
transgendered
questioning

LGBTQ @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) which one are you?

Bisexual. Though there's plenty about the acronym that irritates me.

Bob
09-24-2014, 05:08 PM

I am sorry.

I adored my mother. I adore women. The thought of "making it" with a man is repulsive to the max.

Cigar
09-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Different Strokes for Different Folks :laugh:

Green Arrow
09-24-2014, 05:16 PM
I am sorry.

I adored my mother. I adore women. The thought of "making it" with a man is repulsive to the max.

Good for you?

Bob
09-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Neither should his Color matter or his Gender :grin:

I will be super happy when blacks stop making color an issue.

nathanbforrest45
09-24-2014, 05:48 PM
I will be super happy when blacks stop making color an issue.

They can't get free shit from the government if they aren't different from the rest of us.