PDA

View Full Version : Mass shooting incidents have doubled since 2000

Captain Obvious
09-25-2014, 07:54 AM
They're coming for your guns, progressives and the establishment. I'm telling ya.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/24/fbi-mass-shooting-incidents-have-doubled-since-200/

The FBI said the number of shooting incidents has increased from 6.4 per year from 2000 to 2006 to 16.4 per year from 2007 to 2013. Since 2000, there have been 486 fatalities and 557 wounded. Officials only counted incidents involving a person who wanted to harm the general public, not incidents that involved drugs or gang violence.

The study also found that nearly half of all shootings take place at private businesses, with schools and universities accounting for one-quarter.

Due to the number of people in schools, they often account for the largest number of casualties. The single greatest loss of life occurred at Virginia Tech in 2007, when 32 people were killed.

Cigar
09-25-2014, 07:58 AM
It's going to take the right people getting killed before anything is done.

Now who those right people are, I'm not sure, but we all know who are not the right people.

Mac-7
09-25-2014, 07:58 AM
They're coming for your guns, progressives and the establishment. I'm telling ya.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/24/fbi-mass-shooting-incidents-have-doubled-since-200/

What do you think the reason is for the increase?

Mister D
09-25-2014, 08:09 AM
It's going to take the right people getting killed before anything is done.

Now who those right people are, I'm not sure, but we all know who are not the right people.

Tell us who you think the right people are?

Cigar
09-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Tell us who you think the right people are?

The People who think there's no problem ...

Captain Obvious
09-25-2014, 08:17 AM
The People who think there's no problem ...

Who said there isn't a problem?

There's definitely a problem and it has little to do with guns.

Cigar
09-25-2014, 08:18 AM
Like I said ... once the right people start getting shot, hearts and minds will follow. :wink:

Mac-7
09-25-2014, 08:27 AM
Like I said ... once the right people start getting shot, hearts and minds will follow. :wink:

Obama voters in the hood are working in that direction.

One drug deal that goes bad or pair of Air Jordan's that change feet at a time.

Cigar
09-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Obama voters in the hood are working in that direction.

One drug deal that goes bad or pair of Air Jordan's that change feet at a time.

Wow ... what a big surprised, you supporting Drug Dealers ... what other gems of wisdom is locked up between those ears :laugh:

Mac-7
09-25-2014, 08:33 AM
Wow ... what a big surprised, you supporting Drug Dealers ... what other gems of wisdom is locked up between those ears :laugh:

You want the right people to get shot and I can't think of anyone better.

Peter1469
09-25-2014, 09:19 AM
Similar things have happened in all economic recessions. Suicides are up too.

Captain Obvious
09-25-2014, 09:20 AM
Similar things have happened in all economic recessions. Suicides are up too.

Because gun violence (violence) is a social/psychological software issue, not a hardware issue.

Mister D
09-25-2014, 09:40 AM

tell us who these people are.

Private Pickle
09-25-2014, 09:43 AM
They can't take the guns. Too many people waiting for that to happen.

Cigar
09-25-2014, 09:46 AM
tell us who these people are.

Once Again ... The People who think there's no problem ...

Captain Obvious
09-25-2014, 09:48 AM
Once Again ... The People who think there's no problem ...

This is like a song loop.

Who thinks there is no problem?

I will venture to say that very few people if any think that no problem exist.

So maybe "these people" are your imaginary friends?

Mister D
09-25-2014, 09:56 AM
This is like a song loop.

Who thinks there is no problem?

I will venture to say that very few people if any think that no problem exist.

So maybe "these people" are your imaginary friends?

Good question. :grin:

Mister D
09-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Now Dr. Who we all know who the "right people" are. Carry on, sir.

Captain Obvious
09-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Now @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612) we all know who the "right people" are. Carry on, sir.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/f24/ab9/ee3/resized/creepy-ass-cracka-meme-generator-creepy-ass-cracka-says-you-rang-bro-ccfb34.jpg?1372458887.jpg

donttread
09-25-2014, 05:54 PM

Of course media orgasm over these events has gone up 15 fold. You don't suppose there could be a connection between sick, twisted people wanting to send a message and the fact that their message now gets broadcast 24/7 for two weeks? Wow I'm an honorary forensic psychologist now!

Gunny
09-25-2014, 06:09 PM

Let 'em come. Good way to see what they're up against. The government has created two generations of angry war vets that ain't going to take no shit off its rent-a-cops. That's not even counting rednecks. They want a war. There's one waiting for them. And it ain't overseas. ;)

Redrose
09-25-2014, 06:32 PM

That's part of the problem right there, the mentality there are "right people and wrong people". Not until that thinking stops will we begin to see a healing in our society.

Mac-7
09-25-2014, 06:40 PM
That's part of the problem right there, the mentality there are "right people and wrong people". Not until that thinking stops will we begin to see a healing in our society.

Cigar is still pissed about slavery.

Gunny
09-25-2014, 06:49 PM

Yeah, cuz he was one, right?

Redrose
09-25-2014, 06:52 PM

OK, I could be pissed the Romans crucified Christians 2000 years ago, but I got over it.

Chris
09-25-2014, 08:39 PM
From Mass shootings not trending (http://www.boston.com/community/blogs/crime_punishment/2013/01/mass_shootings_not_trending.html):

http://i.snag.gy/qBZlh.jpg

The latest FBI report doesn't really change that.

Dr. Who
09-25-2014, 09:13 PM
Mass killers are not about race, nor are they necessarily about economics, they are about failed expectations and psychological instability. They are also about an increasingly judgmental and superficial society that expects total conformity and treats non-conformists like they have no right to exist. If you want a nicer society, teach your children to have compassion. It is the lack of compassion that is producing these killers.

Chris
09-25-2014, 09:18 PM
Mass killers are not about race, nor are they necessarily about economics, they are about failed expectations and psychological instability. They are also about an increasingly judgmental and superficial society that expects total conformity and treats non-conformists like they have no right to exist. If you want a nicer society, teach your children to have compassion. It is the lack of compassion that is producing these killers.

The best I've read from psychologists is they don't really know what turns people into mass shooters, it's not something they can predict.

I have read some about how mass shooters tend to be isolated so some of what you say sounds reasonable, that perhaps because they don't conform they get shut out or shut themselves out.

Animal Mother
09-25-2014, 09:19 PM
Mass killings are about people being crazy as fuck, popped on anti-depressants, and living undisciplined lives.

Dr. Who
09-25-2014, 09:34 PM
The best I've read from psychologists is they don't really know what turns people into mass shooters, it's not something they can predict.

I have read some about how mass shooters tend to be isolated so some of what you say sounds reasonable, that perhaps because they don't conform they get shut out or shut themselves out.
It is a slow process I think. From grade school to high school, kids become more conformist and less tolerant of kids who are quiet, don't conform in dress and don't enjoy what the other kids enjoy. Being shy and individualist is a recipe for disaster because kids are really intolerant. With all of the media at their disposal and insufficient parental supervision they perpetrate really nasty and I would say criminal attack campaigns on children that they don't understand. Kids without sufficient parental interference are really like vicious wild animals in a survival of the fittest paradigm. Like the lowliest of animals, these non-conformist kids are picked on and starved out of the pack until they leave. However rogue animals can be dangerous as can these kids.

Mac-7
09-26-2014, 02:53 AM

I wonder how many mass killers have been driven a little insane by prescription drugs handed out by the shrinks to suppress normal male behavior?

how many have been made violent by watching Hollywood movies and playing violent video games?

how many have been confused by the 24/7/365 emphasis on sex in the modern libertine culture?

donttread
09-26-2014, 06:47 AM
Nobody thinks the rapid media coverage and "15 minutes of fame dead or alive" is a factor?

Ransom
09-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Nobody thinks the rapid media coverage and "15 minutes of fame dead or alive" is a factor?

I think it's Bush's fault.

Chris
09-26-2014, 09:44 AM
Mass killers are like global warming. We know it's happening, we just can explain it yet.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Mass killers are like global warming. We know it's happening, we just can explain it yet.

Both inaccurate statements.

Chris
09-26-2014, 09:58 AM
Both inaccurate statements.

Then explain either one.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Then explain either one.

Right - explain them a dozen times each so that you can purposely misunderstand as to project what you want me to say onto me?

No thanks - it's Mac-7 's turn to babysit you today.

Chris
09-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Right - explain them a dozen times each so that you can purposely misunderstand as to project what you want me to say onto me?

No thanks - it's Mac-7 's turn to babysit you today.

IOW, you just blurt out opinions unfounded, ungrounded on nothing more than feelings, like mac. Naturally you blame that on others. Poor thing.

nathanbforrest45
09-26-2014, 10:30 AM
it's going to take the right people getting killed before anything is done.

Now who those right people are, i'm not sure, but we all know who are not the right people.

duplicate post

nathanbforrest45
09-26-2014, 10:32 AM
it's going to take the right people getting killed before anything is done.

Now who those right people are, i'm not sure, but we all know who are not the right people.

warning warning warning

the race card is being played

Common Sense
09-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Underlining it helped me understand what you were saying.

nathanbforrest45
09-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah, cuz he was one, right?

He still is, he just doesn't realize it.

nathanbforrest45
09-26-2014, 10:44 AM

No, its Reagan's. He was the first Cowboy President

nathanbforrest45
09-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Underlining it helped me understand what you were saying.

Glad to be of service.

Dr. Who
09-26-2014, 04:34 PM
I wonder how many mass killers have been driven a little insane by prescription drugs handed out by the shrinks to suppress normal male behavior?

how many have been made violent by watching Hollywood movies and playing violent video games?

how many have been confused by the 24/7/365 emphasis on sex in the modern libertine culture?

I'm sure that prescription drugs play a role with some. Again, re sex - failed expectations? Violent media - the experts think not but I don't know.

donttread
09-26-2014, 06:40 PM

Well thought out answer

Chris
09-26-2014, 08:27 PM

Well thought out answer

When it comes to mass shootings, it's as good an answer as any other. We really don't know why people do it.