PDA

View Full Version : Who could get behind a Local Economies Party?

donttread
09-28-2014, 08:06 AM
We could bring in influences from the LP and the Constitution Party but also from the Green Party and Organic food groups. We could develop a platform to limit corporate size and power and protect energy, food and water for local dependent communities. Sort of Rand Paul meets Ralph Nader. It's not as crazy as it sounds as that is already a pretty good description of Mother Earth News's readership which is very heavy on both the conservative and liberal side. Bringing the right and left together may be the only way to slay the Donkephant.

Matty
09-28-2014, 08:11 AM
Roflmao!

Chris
09-28-2014, 09:18 AM
We could bring in influences from the LP and the Constitution Party but also from the Green Party and Organic food groups. We could develop a platform to limit corporate size and power and protect energy, food and water for local dependent communities. Sort of Rand Paul meets Ralph Nader. It's not as crazy as it sounds as that is already a pretty good description of Mother Earth News's readership which is very heavy on both the conservative and liberal side. Bringing the right and left together may be the only way to slay the Donkephant.

You might want to listen to Nader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QVAUFnckTU

Mac-7
09-28-2014, 10:28 AM
Nader has some good ideas but like most leftists he does not seem to understand the reason for low wages very well.

because it's not as simple as government telling the big corporations to pay their workers more.

when government opened our market to cheap foreign made products that began the decline of the middle class on America.

donttread
09-28-2014, 07:30 PM
You might want to listen to Nader:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QVAUFnckTU

I have in the past and like much of what he says and am aware that he and the LP have more in common than many think. I don't have time to play this right now , I will try tomorrow

Chris
09-28-2014, 07:38 PM
I have in the past and like much of what he says and am aware that he and the LP have more in common than many think. I don't have time to play this right now , I will try tomorrow

That's cool, just wanted to say you two sound similar, but you already have heard him, and, yes, there are ties to be made with libertarianism there.

donttread
09-29-2014, 06:04 AM
That's cool, just wanted to say you two sound similar, but you already have heard him, and, yes, there are ties to be made with libertarianism there.

Being outside of "K Street's" influence tends to make people talk common sense

Chris
09-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Being outside of "K Street's" influence tends to make people talk common sense

Power corrupts.