PDA

View Full Version : Putin Tells Obama He'll Skip G8 Summit.....

MMC
05-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Russian President Vladimir Putin told President Barack Obama on Wednesday that he will be skipping next week's high-stakes G8 economic summit and sending Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev in his place, the White House announced.

In a telephone conversation with Obama, Putin cited "his responsibilities to finalize Cabinet appointments in the new Russian government" in declining the invitation to join leaders of the world's richest nations at Camp David May 18-19.

The White House announcement came after a war of words between Washington and Moscow over a Russian security crackdown on demonstrations in the aftermath of Putin's election as president.

Putin, who has loudly condemned American plans to deploy a missile defense system in Europe, used anti-American rhetoric during his recent presidential campaign, notably accusing Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of encouraging "mercenary" critics of the Kremlin. Obama came to office vowing a "reset" of relations with Russia. The White House says that policy has netted successes, like Moscow's support for operations to supply American troops in Afghanistan.

The Obama administration has signaled support for Russia's application to join the World Trade Organization. That would require Congress to undo a Cold War-era law, the Jackson-Vanik amendment — a step that could face opposition from Moscow's critics in the House and Senate, though support from the American business community is expected to push that repeal to passage.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/putin-tells-obama-ll-skip-g8-summit-232104167.html

Seems all is not so easy going with the Russians. Putin will give Obama some major headaches. Looks like starting from Square One.

RollingWave
05-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Putin's too busy riding horses naked and hunting tigers and finding the Atlantis and fighting James Bond to attend some silly meeting.

MMC
05-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Putin's too busy riding horses naked and hunting tigers and finding the Atlantis and fighting James Bond to attend some silly meeting.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vX2JZHFno7o/TRa2CUmddeI/AAAAAAAA9vY/cpYJJws8AB8/s1600/_Alina+Kabaeva_.jpg

Course if this is the thouroughbred that he is riding bare-backed upon. Who could blame him for cancelling a meeting with Obama. Da, it is good to be the President.

MMC
05-10-2012, 03:23 AM
I noticed that the White House was quick to jump on Putin and what he did to demonstrators in helping them to find a place to Occupy over there in Russia.

Ever notice how no one Overseas jumps out and points out about those Demonstrating here in the US. Or about those we lock up? I think we might start seeing that trend change.

spunkloaf
05-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I just made some vanilla putin. Mmmm.

MMC
05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I just made some vanilla putin. Mmmm.

Yeah.....I think thats what Putin was hinting at when Alina found his Frozen Putin Pop. :grin:

Conley
05-10-2012, 02:51 PM
I would sooo occupy her, da. Putin needs to lighten up, life is good when you're the king!

MMC
05-10-2012, 03:00 PM
I would sooo occupy her, da. Putin needs to lighten up, life is good when you're the king!

Bare-back riding, Hunting tigers, leather and Harleys, banging some chick that is old enough to be his daughter, and Cancelling Meetings with the heads of other top Country Leaders including the Most Powerful man in the World.

I don't think Putin needs to lighten up.....I think he needs to send me an invitation to the party. :laugh: