PDA

View Full Version : "Values Voters" Summit Presidential Straw Poll: The Results Are In ... Nothing New!

Cigar
09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/140929-value-voters-summit-presidential-straw-poll-the-results-are-in.jpg

Cruz clinches straw poll gold again (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/219099-cruz-wins-value-voters-straw-poll)

5 craziest things Ted Cruz just said at the Values Voters Summit (http://www.salon.com/2014/09/26/the_5_craziest_things_ted_cruz_just_said_at_the_va lues_voters_summit/)

Mike Huckabee Says Conservatives Can't Accept 'Ungodly' Court Rulings On Gay Marriage, Abortion Rights (http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/mike-huckabee-says-conservatives-can-t-accept-ungodly-court-rulings-gay-marriage-abortion-ri)

Mike Huckabee: still crazy after all these years (http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/mike-huckabee-still-crazy-after-all-these-years/Content?oid=3363998)

Top Republican Presidential Candidate Says Anarchy May Force Cancellation Of 2016 ElectionDr. Ben Carson, a popular Tea Party activist and Fox News contributor who says he will likely seek the Republican nomination for president in 2016, said on Sunday that he is seriously concerned that there will not be 2016 elections in the United States because the country could be in anarchy by that point. His reasons: the growing national debt, ISIS, and the U.S. Senate’s refusal to consider legislation passed by the GOP-controlled House of Representatives.

Host Chris Wallace noted that in light of his potential presidential campaign, Carson’s previous comments were now under a greater spotlight. He noted Carson’s August comment that if the Republicans don’t win a majority in the Senate this year, the 2016 elections might not even be held and asked the retired neurosurgeon if he stood by it:

WALLACE: You said recently that there might not even be elections in 2016 because of widespread anarchy. Do you really believe that?

CARSON: I hope that that’s not going to be the case. But certainly there’s the potential because you have to recognize that we have a rapidly increasing national debt, a very unstable financial foundation, and you have all these things going on like the ISIS crisis that could very rapidly change things that are going on in our nation. And unless we begin to deal with these things in a comprehensive way and in a logical way there is no telling what could happen in just a couple of years.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2014/09/28/3573103/ben-carson-anarchy-election/

:biglaugh::biglaugh: :biglaugh: Gotta Love GOP Primary Season :laugh:

The Xl
09-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Meanwhile, you'll trot out a pseudo neocon who does the same things as the GOP.

You guys rock.

Cigar
09-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Meanwhile, you'll trot out a pseudo neocon who does the same things as the GOP.

You guys rock.

​http://waynetradingcompany.com/oscom/images/BS-0822.jpg (http://waynetradingcompany.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/154)

The Xl
09-29-2014, 01:10 PM
Winning is losing when the "winners" have the same policy as the "losers"

You are a simpleton.

Captain Obvious
09-29-2014, 01:11 PM
I agree with Cruz's last 3 points.

Does anyone know if these statements are accurate?

...besides Cigar I mean?

:biglaugh:

Captain Obvious
09-29-2014, 01:42 PM
I agree with Cruz's last 3 points.

Does anyone know if these statements are accurate?

...besides Cigar I mean?

Nobody?

All bullshit then?

Got it!

Cigar
09-29-2014, 01:47 PM
:grin: Denial Reflex

texan
09-29-2014, 02:03 PM
​http://waynetradingcompany.com/oscom/images/BS-0822.jpg (http://waynetradingcompany.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/154)

How was your 2010 Elections?

Now how will your 2014 elections be? Sucks to be you.

Cigar
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
How was your 2010 Elections?

Now how will your 2014 elections be? Sucks to be you.

The people I voted for Won :grin:

Next

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 02:25 PM
yeap...2016 should be the year of the repubs...looks like they are getting an early start on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Hope they like Hillary....

nic34
09-29-2014, 02:29 PM
What happened to Rand?

nic34
09-29-2014, 02:31 PM
yeap...2016 should be the year of the repubs...looks like they are getting an early start on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Hope they like Hillary....

Are you saying there may be a moderate republican (non-neocon) out there being overlooked?

Is it possible?

Again?

Captain Obvious
09-29-2014, 02:34 PM
What happened to Rand?

He ran out on himself.

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Are you saying there may be a moderate republican (non-neocon) out there being overlooked?

Is it possible?

Again?

no moderate repub will be nominated...they couldn't get the tea party supporters. They will again run milk-toast mitt, or a real, rwnj...

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:07 PM
Personally, I think it will end up being Cruz or Jeb Bush vs. Clinton. Leaning more on the Bush v. Clinton rematch. If we're going to fuck ourselves over for another decade, we might as well go with the dynasties.

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 03:12 PM
I love that quote about the elections being cancelled because of anarchy...the far left idiots said practically the same thing about Bush. Doesn't the right understand that many of them sound just like the far left under Bush? Paranoid and irrational...

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 03:14 PM
Personally, I think it will end up being Cruz or Jeb Bush vs. Clinton. Leaning more on the Bush v. Clinton rematch. If we're going to fuck ourselves over for another decade, we might as well go with the dynasties.

You said Clinton wasn't going to run...you pretty much guaranteed it months ago.

But I agree, that's pretty much what it's going to be. Jeb should have run before...he's the better of the two.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:15 PM
I love that quote about the elections being cancelled because of anarchy...the far left idiots said practically the same thing about Bush. Doesn't the right understand that many of them sound just like the far left under Bush? Paranoid and irrational...

Right, American politics is basically a fight between two identical twins. The one on the left usually tends to be the slightly smarter and more mature brother, but that really just leads him to drag his brother into trouble. The brother on the right, bless his soul, wants to be different than the brother on the left, but he just isn't smart enough to figure out how.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:17 PM
You said Clinton wasn't going to run...you pretty much guaranteed it months ago.

And nobody thought Kansas or New Hampshire were pickups in the 2014 midterms. Things change.

But I agree, that's pretty much what it's going to be. Jeb should have run before...he's the better of the two.

Mud is better than shit, that doesn't mean I'd feed it to my children.

Chris
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
no moderate repub will be nominated...they couldn't get the tea party supporters. They will again run milk-toast mitt, or a real, rwnj...

Milk toast establishment. They don't like Tea Partiers. Pay lip service to libertarians.

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
And nobody thought Kansas or New Hampshire were pickups in the 2014 midterms. Things change.

Mud is better than shit, that doesn't mean I'd feed it to my children.

LOL...but if you only had mud or shit to feed them, well....

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:20 PM

I'd go look somewhere else for food. Besides, you've got it wrong. You have mud, shit, and asparagus to feed them. Most people in this nation try to pretend the asparagus doesn't exist.

And that is American voters, in a nutshell.

nic34
09-29-2014, 03:21 PM

...or 3 or 4 or....

nic34
09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Good luck with your asparagus... :laugh:

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 03:22 PM
I'd go look somewhere else for food. Besides, you've got it wrong. You have mud, shit, and asparagus to feed them. Most people in this nation try to pretend the asparagus doesn't exist.

And that is American voters, in a nutshell.

Yeah but it makes your pee smell funny and most Americans think the asparagus party is full of nuts.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:24 PM
Yeah but it makes your pee smell funny and most Americans think the asparagus party is full of nuts.

There are multiple asparagus parties, and the people that think those asparagus parties are nuts tend to not even look into the parties before making up their minds.

Funny smelling pee is a gift, by the way. Mud and shit in the stomach is a nightmare.

Common Sense
09-29-2014, 03:27 PM
There are multiple asparagus parties, and the people that think those asparagus parties are nuts tend to not even look into the parties before making up their minds.

Funny smelling pee is a gift, by the way. Mud and shit in the stomach is a nightmare.

The thing is, the message is good and I like asparagus. The problem is a lot of crazy people also like asparagus. The same thing happened with the Steak Party (Tea Party) and the Kale Party (Occupy). The message is good but the management is bad. A fractured group with no leadership isn't going to be a real contender in this day and age.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 03:37 PM
The thing is, the message is good and I like asparagus. The problem is a lot of crazy people also like asparagus. The same thing happened with the Steak Party (Tea Party) and the Kale Party (Occupy). The message is good but the management is bad. A fractured group with no leadership isn't going to be a real contender in this day and age.

I agree with you. I'm still going to choose asparagus whenever possible.

The Xl
09-29-2014, 04:00 PM

You'd die either way, so..

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Jeb Bush can't be too rough on immigration (family issues). The tea party won't like anyone who doesn't advocate shooting all illegals on sight.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Jeb Bush can't be too rough on immigration (family issues). The tea party won't like anyone who doesn't advocate shooting all illegals on sight.

Jeb Bush won't be rough on immigration, but it won't matter. Romney is a damn chameleon and he still won.

nic34
09-29-2014, 04:55 PM

A little harsh don't you think?

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 04:56 PM
A little harsh don't you think?

hmm...maybe...but still true

Bob
09-29-2014, 04:58 PM

Gee, are they hiring at the power company for floor sweepers? If that is where that "wisdom" comes from. might want to give it a shot.

Green Arrow
09-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Gee, are they hiring at the power company for floor sweepers? If that is where that "wisdom" comes from. might want to give it a shot.

If I was not a moderator and had no respect for the rules or ADMIN and my fellow mods, I'd give you a giant "Fuck you!"

But I am a mod, and I do respect the rules, and ADMIN and my fellow mods.

So bless your heart instead.

PolWatch
09-29-2014, 05:06 PM
If I was not a moderator and had no respect for the rules or ADMIN and my fellow mods, I'd give you a giant "Fuck you!"

ah...I see you have learned the art of southern double-speak!

The Xl
09-29-2014, 05:44 PM

Yes, it's good that you respect Admin and the rules. We wouldn't want to say fuck you to bob, now

Mac-7
09-29-2014, 11:08 PM

The Tea Party wants the immigration laws enforced.

Your friends the illegal aliens are the ones killing American ranchers on their own land and border agents just doing their job.

Green Arrow
09-30-2014, 07:16 AM
The Tea Party wants the immigration laws enforced.

Your friends the illegal aliens are the ones killing American ranchers on their own land and border agents just doing their job.

Every single illegal immigrant is doing this?

Cigar
09-30-2014, 07:26 AM

Not even 99% of them :rollseyes:

Matty
09-30-2014, 07:26 AM
^^^^^^^^darwin award!

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 07:30 AM

Of course not.

But the murderers, rapists, thieves, slave traders, child molesters, Arab terrorists, and drug smugglers come in side-by-side with the fruit pickers.

Green Arrow
09-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Of course not.

But the murderers, rapists, thieves, slave traders, child molesters, Arab terrorists, and drug smugglers come in side-by-side with the fruit pickers.

Sure, all the more reason to secure the border. I see no reason to punish honest, non-violent criminal illegals who are just coming here for a better life, however.

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 07:52 AM
Sure, all the more reason to secure the border. I see no reason to punish honest, non-violent criminal illegals who are just coming here for a better life, however.

Securing the border means preventing all illegals from coming across.

Cigar
09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Of course not.

The Future isn't "bright" for you :grin:

Cigar
09-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Too Late ...

http://themidnighttype.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/theyre-here.gif?w=500&h=236 (http://themidnighttype.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/meet-the-freaks/)

Green Arrow

Sure it does, but it doesn't affect those already here, which is what I'm talking about.

Captain Obvious
The Future isn't "bright" for you :grin:

Neither is the present.

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 08:02 AM
It sounds like Cigar and Captain Obvious are happy with the decline of America thanks in part to open migration of poor people from failed economies elsewhere.

del
09-30-2014, 08:03 AM
It sounds like Cigar and Captain Obvious are happy with the decline of America thanks in part to open migration of poor people from failed economies elsewhere.

you should turn up the voices in your head

Captain Obvious
09-30-2014, 08:04 AM

Project much?

Post a chart, that always helps one's projection.

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 08:04 AM
Sure it does, but it doesn't affect those already here, which is what I'm talking about.

If you mean amnesty we are a long way from securing the border so that we can negotiate that.

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Project much?

Post a chart, that always helps one's projection.

I've been wondering when you would share what you learned on the Cartoon Channel today.

Cigar
09-30-2014, 08:06 AM
WTF, is it that time of the mouth ... again?

Captain Obvious
09-30-2014, 08:07 AM
I've been wondering when you would share what you learned on the Cartoon Channel today.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/31430261.jpg

nic34
09-30-2014, 09:38 AM
If you mean amnesty we are a long way from securing the border so that we can negotiate that.

How do you expect to secure any border if you don't address the issue of illegals already here? You trying to keep 'em IN?

Mac-7
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
How do you expect to secure any border if you don't address the issue of illegals already here? You trying to keep 'em IN?

You have it backwards.

You can't grant amnesty to a group that just gets bigger each day.

as long as the libertarians refuse to close the border all talk of amnesty is a waste of time.

rembrant
09-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Winning is losing when the "winners" have the same policy as the "losers"

You are a simpleton. Not seeing your point. Are you trying to tell me there's any OVERLAP in Dem and Repub now? There is NOT...not close.

rembrant
09-30-2014, 06:45 PM
You have it backwards.

You can't grant amnesty to a group that just gets bigger each day.

as long as the libertarians refuse to close the border all talk of amnesty is a waste of time. For about 30 yr the PROBLEM really has not been the BORDER.. it's been the JOBS they come for. Once you get 10 miles past the border.. game over. In this era.. fake papers are EASY to get..and a lot of employers..don't even care if you have any papers.

Here in Ohio.. not lot's of Mexicans. But if you decidse to get the roof redons, some remodel work, painting....a white guy gives the estimate.. then a crew who speaks no english shows up to do the job. I've seen it on my block a few times. Think it's a coincidence? NOBODY gets in trouble for hiring illegals. They are cheap labor with no rights. It's crude hypocrisy to rant about more border patrol when every day there's 40 illegals at some parking lot to do day labor..when contractors hire whole crews, when restaurants know they employ illegals.

In California and Texas.. FARM WORK is a big deal.. and the farmers and ranchers mostly are REPUBS and have clout. They back the charade of border guards, bigger fences.. but they don't want INS to raid THEIR fields.

rembrant
09-30-2014, 06:54 PM
How do you expect to secure any border if you don't address the issue of illegals already here? You trying to keep 'em IN?We needed a COMPREHENSIVE Immigration policy.. for DECADES. The House won't vote on it.. won't DISCUSS it. The bitch.. they however won't do their job.

You CAN do an ID that's NOT able to be faked. You CAN have a path to citizenship. You can deport the fuckups. You CAN get SERIOUS about employing illegals. Obviously.. we will NOT deport some 11 mill undocumenteds. We can have a just but practical policy that is enforced.

rembrant
09-30-2014, 07:02 PM

Amnesty is pretty inevitable. Some do not like it but we need a SOLID, cheat proof ID ... likely would have a scan strip...would be photo. We need to be TOUGH on those who hire illegals. No jobs.. that changes EVERYTHING. Motives may be much different but BOTH Dems and Goppers are being hypocritical.

This is FAR from a difficult problem.. we just elect too many slackers. I worked with a lot of Mexicans..they show up and WORK. Too bad congress does neither.

The Xl
09-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Not seeing your point. Are you trying to tell me there's any OVERLAP in Dem and Repub now? There is NOT...not close.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They do the same things, the presentation is all that is different.