PDA

View Full Version : Mother saves her daughters life ... touching and heartbreaking

Bob
09-30-2014, 02:50 PM
https://screen.yahoo.com/cute-and-inspiring/inland-empire-mother-makes-ultimate-012500439.html

Peter1469
09-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Video doesn't work for me (but I made changes to my settings that may be the cause).

Adelaide
09-30-2014, 08:59 PM
I guess the 6 year old son growing up without a mother is worth it - that kid will have problems. His mother will die for his sibling and leave him. 10 weeks into a pregnancy isn't very far along. It would seem different to me if she found out at like 5 months, which I actually know a woman who did and died after giving birth. Whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, health of the mother is a valid reason to terminate a pregnancy. Having another child dependent on you seems like a good reason (probably one of the best reasons) to do so. I don't agree with it, but I accept that it was her choice.

The woman I knew was a language teacher at my school. Her and her husband had been trying to have a baby for more than a decade. She finally got pregnant and found out late in her second trimester that she had a form of aggressive gastric cancer. She decided that she'd have the baby for her husband because there was no guarantee she'd survive cancer and they'd tried so hard for so long to have a child.

PolWatch
09-30-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't understand her choice...she is now leaving 2 children without a mother and since she was married to neither father, who gets the children?

Redrose
09-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Heartbreaking. Made me cry for her. Hope for a miracle.

Bob
09-30-2014, 09:14 PM
Heartbreaking. Made me cry for her. Hope for a miracle.

I admit I felt so bad I almost cried for her.

Bob
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I don't understand her choice...she is now leaving 2 children without a mother and since she was married to neither father, who gets the children?

She is married. Look at her left hand and she wears wedding bands. If I saw wrong, forget it but her man plans to care for the kids.

Bob
09-30-2014, 09:16 PM

Besides, she explained why she made the choice. Why is it easier to abort than do what she did?

PolWatch
09-30-2014, 09:21 PM
'a 6-year-old son from a previous relationship'
'Her fiance'

read your OP -- wearing a ring doesn't mean married

I didn't say it was easier...I said I didn't understand her choice. She is leaving a 6 year old who will wonder why his mother chose to have the baby & leave him alone. Yes, the story is sad & touching...but not the choice I would make. I would mourn not being able to have the new baby, but I would try to stay alive for the child I already had.

Redrose
09-30-2014, 09:26 PM
'Her fiance'

I didn't say it was easier...I said I didn't understand her choice. She is leaving a 6 year old who will wonder why his mother chose to have the baby & leave him alone. Yes, the story is sad & touching...but not the choice I would make. I would mourn not being able to have the new baby, but I would try to stay alive for the child I already had.

It's a horrible choice, I don't know what I would do. I would not want to leave my six year old. Maybe one day they will be able to take a healthy fetus and put it in a surrogate mother so the mom can get chemo and the baby can grow and survive.

Bob
09-30-2014, 09:48 PM
She is married. Look at her left hand and she wears wedding bands. If I saw wrong, forget it but her man plans to care for the kids.

Excuse me, she is engaged and is wearing her engagement ring.

Bob
09-30-2014, 09:52 PM
'Her fiance'

It is a video and her ring is because she is engaged.

What makes you presume she would have survived despite an abortion?

PolWatch
09-30-2014, 09:57 PM
I don't know that she would have survived...but she would have had a chance...more than she has now. This woman decided to die because she felt the baby was more important than the child she already had and more important than her life. You apparently agree. I don't. simple