PDA

View Full Version : Northeast loses 40% of House Seats as people flee high-tax status

Peter1469
10-01-2014, 02:04 PM
Northeast loses 40% of House Seats as people flee high-tax status (http://washingtonexaminer.com/northeast-loses-40-of-house-seats-as-people-flee-high-tax-states/article/2554143): wow that is a lot.

Nothing but good in the short term. But long term, it is bad. The fools fleeing the high taxes are likely going to try to enact the same bad policies wherever they end up. It is happening here in Virginia. It is a shame.

The Northeast, once the nation’s political engine that produced presidents, House speakers and Senate giants including the late Edward M. Kennedy, is losing clout in Washington as citizens flee the high-tax region, according to experts worried about the trend.

The Census Bureau reports that population growth has shifted to the South and the result is that the 11 states that make up the Northeast are being bled dry of representation in Washington.

del
10-01-2014, 02:07 PM
america has always been a place where the losers walk.

*shrug*

Captain Obvious
10-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Northeast loses 40% of House Seats as people flee high-tax status (http://washingtonexaminer.com/northeast-loses-40-of-house-seats-as-people-flee-high-tax-states/article/2554143): wow that is a lot.

Nothing but good in the short term. But long term, it is bad. The fools fleeing the high taxes are likely going to try to enact the same bad policies wherever they end up. It is happening here in Virginia. It is a shame.

I'm one of them.

I fled the big population urban area for a number of reasons, taxes being in the top 3.

I'll never be a City of Pittsburgh and/or Allegheny County resident again, barring some unforseen complication in my life's journeys - or any other similar city/urban area.

My wife is really pressing me to look at a job in Alaska.

Peter1469
10-01-2014, 02:11 PM
You would get oil royalties in Alaska.

Cigar
10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
There's only so many places to Flight to ... :laugh:

Captain Obvious
10-01-2014, 02:12 PM
You would get oil royalties in Alaska.

If I owned land and mineral rights there.

That's a bit down the road though, it's not happening anytime soon for a number of reasons.

She wants to move there tomorrow though. I told her this is the reason why I don't let her shop for her car, she'll fall in love with the first one she sees and would pay double what it's worth for it.

Private Pickle
10-01-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm one of them.

I fled the big population urban area for a number of reasons, taxes being in the top 3.

I'll never be a City of Pittsburgh and/or Allegheny County resident again, barring some unforseen complication in my life's journeys - or any other similar city/urban area.

My wife is really pressing me to look at a job in Alaska.

Shit gets cold up there... And there are bears. And only like an hour of sunlight in the winter. Fuck that noise.

Matty
10-01-2014, 04:14 PM
america has always been a place where the losers walk.

*shrug*
I heard on Hannity that Texas is gaining about seven hundred thousand new residents per year!

del
10-01-2014, 04:16 PM
I heard on Hannity that Texas is gaining about seven hundred thousand new residents per year!

i hope they all do well in the consolation round.

texan
10-01-2014, 04:34 PM

These are the awesome BLUE state policies that CEE'Gar talks about. Everyone heade for more moderate states, shocking!

Dem policies are killing the places run and this just further makes that point.

PolWatch
10-01-2014, 04:42 PM
These are the awesome BLUE state policies that CEE'Gar talks about. Everyone heade for more moderate states, shocking!

Dem policies are killing the places run and this just further makes that point.

uh...wanna bet they take their politics with 'em? If they all head to Texas...first purple, then blue...