PDA

View Full Version : Voter registration in Ferguson surges after Brown killing

Cigar
10-02-2014, 05:36 PM
More than 3,000 people have registered to vote in Ferguson, Mo., since the death of Michael Brown — a surge in interest that may mean the city of 21,000 people is ready for a change.

Since a white police officer shot the unarmed black 18-year-old on Aug. 9, voter registration booths and cards have popped up alongside protests in the city and surrounding neighborhoods. The result: 4,839 people in St. Louis County have registered to vote since the shooting; 3,287 of them live in Ferguson.

The city's population is two-thirds African American; five of its six city council members are white, as is its mayor. The St. Louis County Election Board does not record the races of eligible voters, but many believe the increase is a sign that Brown's death has spurred renewed interest in politics and might mean more blacks will vote in the upcoming election.

"It's a great move when people come out and register in mass like that," said Anthony Bell, St. Louis 3rd Ward committeeman. "They are sending a signal that we want a change. It doesn't give justice to the Michael Brown family, but it will in the future give justice to how the administration is run in a local municipality like Ferguson."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/02/ferguson-vote-registration/16572305/

momsapplepie
10-02-2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I was reading yesterday where the Newly created Black council in fergusson are saying get rid of the dums! The dums have been ignoring them so BYE BYE! That what the increase in voter registration means for Ferguson! LOL!

Matty
10-02-2014, 06:35 PM
What are dums?

momsapplepie
10-02-2014, 06:36 PM
dems.

momsapplepie
10-02-2014, 06:38 PM
and then it was quite classy of them to set up a voter registration booth on top of Brown's memorial and even before he was buried.

Professor Peabody
10-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Yeah, I was reading yesterday where the Newly created Black council in fergusson are saying get rid of the dums! The dums have been ignoring them so BYE BYE! That what the increase in voter registration means for Ferguson! LOL!

I'm sure the protesters signed up for absentee ballots before they went home out of state with their loot. I'll bet Micheal Brown votes from the great beyond in November.