PDA

View Full Version : California tries to kill sex

Peter1469
10-04-2014, 09:44 AM
California tries to kill sex (http://theweek.com/article/index/269164/the-big-problem-with-californias-new-sexual-consent-law)

There they go again..., the State with perhaps the most to offer its citizens continually gets it wrong.

So if I go on a date in California, I will have to get affirmative consent or be prosecuted as a sex offender.... Apparently her putting the condom on isn't enough....

California, the first state to implement this law, will require colleges that want to keep their state funding intact to deploy the "affirmative consent" standard when adjudicating sexual assault cases. This means that campus authorities will have to establish whether the partners obtained "affirmative, conscious, and voluntary" agreement. Although non-verbal consent is allowed, verbal is better. And it has to be obtained at every stage — touching, kissing, and foreplay — not just initially.

Do we really have to take these people seriously?

kilgram
10-04-2014, 10:22 AM
I don't understand very well this law. But it is logic that for every sexual step there must be consent. Obviously it is implicit, but there is consent. I don't understand anything related to it.

Peter1469
10-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I don't understand very well this law. But it is logic that for every sexual step there must be consent. Obviously it is implicit, but there is consent. I don't understand anything related to it.

Welcome to America. :smiley:

Common Sense
10-04-2014, 10:41 AM
It's a poorly executed attempt to curb a real problem of sexual assault. It's a complicated issue...but this attempt is a bit of a PC farce.

Peter1469
10-04-2014, 11:10 AM
It's a poorly executed attempt to curb a real problem of sexual assault. It's a complicated issue...but this attempt is a bit of a PC farce.

I think there is an app for that now. :smiley:

donttread
10-04-2014, 11:27 AM
California tries to kill sex (http://theweek.com/article/index/269164/the-big-problem-with-californias-new-sexual-consent-law)

There they go again..., the State with perhaps the most to offer its citizens continually gets it wrong.

So if I go on a date in California, I will have to get affirmative consent or be prosecuted as a sex offender.... Apparently her putting the condom on isn't enough....

Do we really have to take these people seriously?

So they should be asking : "Miss may I kiss you now? May I unhook your bra now? Instead of just being guided by her reaction to their attempts? That's fucking ridiculous! Lets see the lawmakers follow the same rules with their pages and interns

Peter1469
10-04-2014, 11:35 AM
So they should be asking : "Miss may I kiss you now? May I unhook your bra now? Instead of just being guided by her reaction to their attempts? That's fucking ridiculous! Lets see the lawmakers follow the same rules with their pages and interns

There are lots of may Is that go into real good sex. I would find it hard to keep track of myself. :angry:

Professor Peabody
10-04-2014, 01:47 PM
California tries to kill sex (http://theweek.com/article/index/269164/the-big-problem-with-californias-new-sexual-consent-law) There they go again..., the State with perhaps the most to offer its citizens continually gets it wrong. So if I go on a date in California, I will have to get affirmative consent or be prosecuted as a sex offender.... Apparently her putting the condom on isn't enough.... Do we really have to take these people seriously? Isn't it liberals always saying conservatives need to stay out of their bedrooms?

Professor Peabody
10-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Miss may I kiss you now? Initial the contract here.......

May I unhook your bra now? Initial the contract here and here.......

sachem
10-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Miss may I kiss you now? Initial the contract here.......

May I unhook your bra now? Initial the contract here and here.......Women in CA wear bras?

sachem
10-04-2014, 01:59 PM
This law won't solve anything. It will still be he said/she said.

donttread
10-04-2014, 04:53 PM
There are lots of may Is that go into real good sex. I would find it hard to keep track of myself. :angry:

I wonder how many times you could actually ask May I before she got up and left?

Ransom
10-06-2014, 10:59 AM
California the "first state" to pass this law. Figures.

donttread
10-06-2014, 12:01 PM

For some sexual assaults yes. But rape should involve some physical evidence and can often be forensically differentiated from consensual sex

PolWatch
10-06-2014, 12:43 PM
Its a clever way to encourage more marriages...the divorce lawyers must be feeling a shortage in income! :wink:

Cigar
10-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Nothing to Fear ... there will still be Sex in CA

Ransom
10-06-2014, 12:57 PM

That's actually the whole point.

Cigar
10-06-2014, 12:59 PM
Its a clever way to encourage more marriages...the divorce lawyers must be feeling a shortage in income! :wink:

They still get them with the Prenups

Peter1469
10-06-2014, 04:15 PM
For some sexual assaults yes. But rape should involve some physical evidence and can often be forensically differentiated from consensual sex

Not always especially for incapacitation rape (unable to consent, drunk for example) where the woman doesn't report the rape in time to get blood alcohol tested.

Mini Me
10-06-2014, 05:06 PM
The lawyers who wrote this love it!

Now, they create a bigger grey area of confusion which will result in more $$.

Peter1469
10-06-2014, 05:36 PM
The lawyers who wrote this love it!

Now, they create a bigger grey area of confusion which will result in more $$.

Lawyers may or may not have written the legislation, but policy makers, likely- non-lawyers approved the language.

Anyway when this goes national, I hope Android doesn't lag behind Apple in getting an App for that.

sachem
10-06-2014, 06:17 PM
For some sexual assaults yes. But rape should involve some physical evidence and can often be forensically differentiated from consensual sexRape doesn't always have physical evidence.

Professor Peabody
10-07-2014, 04:54 AM
California the "first state" to pass this law. Figures.

The folks running the State of California are dumber than a bag of Hammers!

donttread
10-07-2014, 06:11 AM
Rape doesn't always have physical evidence.

Not always, but often. It's a tough spot for society. We want our young women safe and protected yet at the same time don't want our young men in jail for consensual sex. Add alcohol and the truth may well be somewhere inbetween the two stories. You need "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is where forensics can help

donttread
10-07-2014, 06:14 AM
I still say the legislators who wrote this crap should have to abide by it. "Miss gold digger intern laying on my desk, may I gently touch your face"
Can you imagine this the other way around though. The male coming forward to say: "You see that women over there? She touched my upper thigh without asking" He'd be laughed off campus

sachem
10-07-2014, 06:35 AM
Not always, but often. It's a tough spot for society. We want our young women safe and protected yet at the same time don't want our young men in jail for consensual sex. Add alcohol and the truth may well be somewhere inbetween the two stories. You need "beyond a reasonable doubt" which is where forensics can helpI would say rarely is there evidence of rape. It can often look like consensual sex. But I don't want to get into a thing about rape. I find that each gender holds a bias for their own.

I just don't see this law as being practical or of much help. Date rape, or what ever term we want to use, is a tough one to stop and/or prove.

donttread
10-08-2014, 06:56 AM
I would say rarely is there evidence of rape. It can often look like consensual sex. But I don't want to get into a thing about rape. I find that each gender holds a bias for their own.

I just don't see this law as being practical or of much help. Date rape, or what ever term we want to use, is a tough one to stop and/or prove.

Actually I think there is often physical evidence even in these date rape situations. I mean raping someone, unless you are using a weapon, ( including getting their clothes off, getting them to hold still etc) should produce physical evidence because of the amount of force involved.. The thing is bruises heal quickly so immediate reporting is critical.
BTW, you can't make a comment about a topic and end it by saying "I don't want to get into said topic"

sachem
10-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Actually I think there is often physical evidence even in these date rape situations. I mean raping someone, unless you are using a weapon, ( including getting their clothes off, getting them to hold still etc) should produce physical evidence because of the amount of force involved.. The thing is bruises heal quickly so immediate reporting is critical.
BTW, you can't make a comment about a topic and end it by saying "I don't want to get into said topic"BTW, I can do anything I want (within the rules). But I didn't do that.

The topic is the new law.

Many women don't physically resist because they don't want to get hurt. And hands/fists are a weapon. Or a potential weapon.

Mac-7
10-08-2014, 11:49 AM
With the exception of homosexuals maybe the lib educators could issue each boy a Square reader and each girl a "Yes" credit card that could be swiped every time the weaker sex consents.

Ransom
10-08-2014, 02:32 PM
I would say rarely is there evidence of rape. It can often look like consensual sex. But I don't want to get into a thing about rape. I find that each gender holds a bias for their own.

I think you make a good point about gender bias.

Mac-7
10-08-2014, 02:38 PM
Society used to take a practical approach to premarital sex.

It was discouraged as harmful to everyone involved.

now liberals have promoted sex and instant gratification among youth to the point that many people don't not know or care what the limits are.