PDA

View Full Version : He really nailed it!

pjohns
10-06-2014, 01:17 AM
George Will, on Fox News Sunday, really nailed it! Just a few hours ago, he noted the following:

The distilled essence of progressivism is that [A] government is a benign (that is, disinterested) force -- that's false -- and B, it is stocked with experts who are really gifted at doing things.

I simply cannot imagine a more eloquent (or more accurate) appraisal of both government (which, at its very finest, is a necessary evil--nothing better) and progressivism...

donttread
10-06-2014, 01:55 AM
George Will, on Fox News Sunday, really nailed it! Just a few hours ago, he noted the following:

I simply cannot imagine a more eloquent (or more accurate) appraisal of both government (which, at its very finest, is a necessary evil--nothing better) and progressivism...

The neocons are every bit as big government as the libs are

Cigar
10-06-2014, 06:47 AM
They got what they Planned for ... on January 20th 2009

Now they have to eat it ...

pjohns
10-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Although I remain emphatically opposed to the concept of Big Government, that is really not the point of this particular thread.

This is all about progressives' belief that government is (A) "disinterested"; and (B) "stocked with experts."

Would you care to comment upon those two points, please?

Polecat
10-06-2014, 01:59 PM
progressive - 45 years = anti establishment. Not all that glitters is gold. Nat all that stinks is a turd.

Chris
10-06-2014, 02:21 PM

Yea, I posted this over the weekend and it was trashed by a progressive.

But Will is right.

As George Washington put it "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

Yet people keep turning to it as if it is benign and reasonable, so reasonable all you need to do is throw enough smarts (and money) at it to make it work.

texan
10-06-2014, 03:56 PM

So what does that have to do with what he said?

texan
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
40 years the dems ruled the world from the houses until Clinton blew it. They did what they had to (lied cheated and stole) to get it back then Obama squandered it all.

Cigar
10-06-2014, 03:57 PM
:grin:

PolWatch
10-06-2014, 03:58 PM
Both parties are more interested in getting/keeping power/money than in what is best for the nation. The only difference is an 'R' or 'D' after their name.

Mini Me
10-06-2014, 05:14 PM
40 years the dems ruled the world from the houses until Clinton blew it. They did what they had to (lied cheated and stole) to get it back then Obama squandered it all.

There is some truth to that. Obama has blown it for the Dems and this was all part of the Bilderberger plan. The liberal wing of the Dems is furious at him, as they know they were duped and betrayed!

Bama is a Manchurian Candidate for the NWO Globalists.

nathanbforrest45
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Lol lol lol lol