PDA

View Full Version : Ebola: not contact only

Peter1469
10-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Ebola: not contact only (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html#page=1)

Governments and health authorities are lying to the people. We have had cases of Ebola where the patient was in the protective gears proscribed. Full protective gear and still infected.

And Obama sends thousands of US troops to play doctor in an Ebola mine field. This isn't going to end well.

Other public health officials have voiced similar assurances, saying Ebola is spread only through physical contact with a symptomatic individual or their bodily fluids. "Ebola is not transmitted by the air. It is not an airborne infection," said Dr. Edward Goodman of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, where the Liberian patient remains in critical condition.

Yet some scientists who have long studied Ebola say such assurances are premature — and they are concerned about what is not known about the strain now on the loose. It is an Ebola outbreak like none seen before, jumping from the bush to urban areas, giving the virus more opportunities to evolve as it passes through multiple human hosts.

Dr. C.J. Peters, who battled a 1989 outbreak of the virus among research monkeyshoused in Virginia and who later led the CDC's most far-reaching study of Ebola's transmissibility in humans, said he would not rule out the possibility that it spreads through the air in tight quarters.

Captain Obvious
10-07-2014, 09:06 PM
I've heard docs discussing the possibility of contracting ebola through air particles for example. Their response was basically that it's highly unlikely but possible, having said that the likelihood of an epidemic or outbreak occurring is going to be through the likely transmission route via body fluids. The chances of an outbreak stemming from second-hand contact (air particles, toilet seats, etc.) are marginal.

Private Pickle
10-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Ebola: not contact only (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-questions-20141007-story.html#page=1)

Governments and health authorities are lying to the people. We have had cases of Ebola where the patient was in the protective gears proscribed. Full protective gear and still infected.

And Obama sends thousands of US troops to play doctor in an Ebola mine field. This isn't going to end well.

It's pretty obvious. If you can contract Ebola through bodily fluids then it is indeed transmittable through the air... All one has to do is sneeze or cough...

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2014, 10:19 PM
And Obama gets away with it because he's fuckin' black.

Private Pickle
10-07-2014, 10:46 PM
And Obama gets away with it because he's fuckin' black.

Yeah... I knew Obama went wrong when he created Ebola!

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Yeah... I knew Obama went wrong when he created Ebola!

Try reading the thread sometime before you comment.

Private Pickle
10-07-2014, 10:58 PM
Try reading the thread sometime before you comment.

When haven't we sent troops during an international crisis?

sachem
10-07-2014, 10:59 PM
And Obama gets away with it because he's fuckin' black.He goes with the info he is given by the medical experts.

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2014, 11:01 PM
When haven't we sent troops during an international crisis?

The 2008 and 2012 presidential elections.

Private Pickle
10-07-2014, 11:39 PM
The 2008 and 2012 presidential elections.

Thats all you got?

GrassrootsConservative
10-08-2014, 01:23 AM
Hey, at least I read the thread, Pickle. Go ruin a thread not in the serious section.

donttread
10-08-2014, 06:59 AM

Somebody has been screwing with the virus genetically in order to weaponize it.

Captain Obvious
10-08-2014, 07:30 AM
He goes with the info he is given by the medical experts.

Sending troops in was the right thing to do according to the medical field. This is one of the first steps in preventing an outbreak/epidemic. There is little danger posed to troops in the area.

All you have to do is read threads like this and it's easy to see that the biggest danger is hysterical ignorance. The virus is secondary.

Captain Obvious
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Somebody has been screwing with the virus genetically in order to weaponize it.

Yes, and bigfoot tracks were spotted on Mars, dontcha know?

sachem
10-08-2014, 07:38 AM
Somebody has been screwing with the virus genetically in order to weaponize it.Possible? Sure. Probable? I don't think so.