PDA

View Full Version : When did every issue become a world threat?

donttread
10-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Am I the only one to notice that every times the government tries to sell the people something we don't want that "The world" or at least "The world economy" depends on us accepting what they want to do against all common sense and our own best interest?
This seems to be a theme from "The bailout" to "Raising the Debt Ceiling" to near constant revolving door war in the ME.
So how long will "we the sheep" keep buying the sales pitch? Ice cubes to an Eskimo?

Peter1469
10-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Because it works. The people are too distracted to think critically and come to a different conclusion.

Cigar
10-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Fear Mongering Sells and the Fearful lap it up :wink:

Mac-7
10-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Libs do it too.

how many breathless reports of global warming does it take to make Obama voters pee in their pants?

donttread
10-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Libs do it too.

how many breathless reports of global warming does it take to make Obama voters pee in their pants?

Lib or neocon is irrelevant . We need to tell the bastards NO once in a while

PolWatch
10-11-2014, 02:13 PM
it works...look at the advertising for new drugs...they find new & terrible diseases that they have found a cure for...shaking legs (?)...that's a real danger. Politicians work the same way pharm companies do. Create a new disease and swear they have the cure....millions flock to buy what they are selling...even if they didn't know the problem existed before someone told 'em about the cure.

donttread
10-11-2014, 02:21 PM
it works...look at the advertising for new drugs...they find new & terrible diseases that they have found a cure for...shaking legs (?)...that's a real danger. Politicians work the same way pharm companies do. Create a new disease and swear they have the cure....millions flock to buy what they are selling...even if they didn't know the problem existed before someone told 'em about the cure.

Well put. Like Fibermylasia, RLS ( the leg thing) and several of the syndromes

Mac-7
10-11-2014, 03:07 PM

You mean its not relevant when government is under the thumb of Obama who libs have no quarrel with.

why don't you get on your high horse for issues being pushed by the libs?

iustitia
10-11-2014, 09:38 PM
You mean its not relevant when government is under the thumb of Obama who libs have no quarrel with.

why don't you get on your high horse for issues being pushed by the libs?Why don't you pull the big red, white and blue cock out of your ass and stop turning every topic into a lib-baiting bonanza?

We get it, you luv 'Murica and hate thu libruls. Get a new schtick.

Green Arrow
10-11-2014, 09:45 PM
Why don't you pull the big red, white and blue cock out of your ass and stop turning every topic into a lib-baiting bonanza?

We get it, you luv 'Murica and hate thu libruls. Get a new schtick.

Excessive vulgarity is against the rules, and this is well beyond excessive.

donttread
10-12-2014, 07:00 AM

why don't you get on your high horse for issues being pushed by the libs?

Sigh, have I taught you nothing Mac? QUIT listening to the rhetoric and pay attention to the action. Neocons bail out megacorps as do libs. Libs make war just like neocons. Both spy on American citizens and federalize education. Both have trashed our due process rights. I could go on but instead I'll simply ask you: How do the Obama years really differ from the Bush years? Not in mantra but in real, concrete action?

Peter1469
10-12-2014, 07:20 AM
And that was from the people who think third parties are bad!

Sigh, have I taught you nothing Mac? QUIT listening to the rhetoric and pay attention to the action. Neocons bail out megacorps as do libs. Libs make war just like neocons. Both spy on American citizens and federalize education. Both have trashed our due process rights. I could go on but instead I'll simply ask you: How do the Obama years really differ from the Bush years? Not in mantra but in real, concrete action?

donttread
10-12-2014, 07:27 AM
And that was from the people who think third parties are bad!

Actually I'm a big third party supporter.

Peter1469
10-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Actually I'm a big third party supporter.

I know you are. I was referring to the person you were quoting.

Matty
10-12-2014, 07:37 AM
I love to wake up to a liberal whine on Sunday! :)

donttread
10-12-2014, 08:33 AM
I know you are. I was referring to the person you were quoting.

I thought you knew that

Mini Me
10-12-2014, 03:28 PM

Yup.

Solutions in search of a problem.

donttread
10-13-2014, 05:48 AM
So when do we as a society "Man up" and "Women up" and tell them NO!
No more debt!
No more bailouts!
No more megacorp written legislation!
No more war!
No more foreign aid!

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 06:42 AM
When we become collectively uncomfortable enough to wake up and pay attention to what is going on.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 06:48 AM

Uhhhhh....case you ain't noticed....the Tea Party among the irrelevant opposed and tried to say no. Labeled the party of No even....and they were excoriated, mocked, and labeled racists but I'm sure we can't find you doing just that anywhere in this record, huh donttread.

For the love of God.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 06:49 AM
What a f'n cake and eat it too threadstart.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 06:51 AM
So when do we as a society "Man up" and "Women up" and tell them NO!
No more debt!
No more bailouts!
No more megacorp written legislation!
No more war!
No more foreign aid!

And how bout those sexual harassment issues you're chirping on about in the other thread that you believes requires government intervention, Donttread. Don't forget about that and for the love of God. Wow!

exotix
10-13-2014, 07:44 AM
Am I the only one to notice that every times the government tries to sell the people something we don't want that "The world" or at least "The world economy" depends on us accepting what they want to do against all common sense and our own best interest?

This seems to be a theme from "The bailout" to "Raising the Debt Ceiling" to near constant revolving door war in the ME.
So how long will "we the sheep" keep buying the sales pitch? Ice cubes to an Eskimo?
Let's just say it doesn't happen overnight ... say for instance, Hitler had to get the entire nation of Germany behind 'em (simply by creating economic well-being after prophesying the 1929 Wall Street crash) before embarking on global conquest ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txukr5zgHnw

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 07:47 AM
Ok, just for the sake of argument lets say nothing beyond our borders is our responsibility in any way.

is that what you folks want?

exotix
10-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Ok, just for the sake of argument lets say nothing beyond our borders is our responsibility in any way.

You have a point ...

Europe is gateway for Ebola into U.S.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/no-ebola-checks-brussels-airport-after-flights-liberia-n223581

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_42/711761/141010-monrovia-airport-03_0d3643893456997157c45afa25baab36.nbcnews-fp-1840-600.jpg

texan
10-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Finally a topic we can all agree on..........

donttread
10-13-2014, 07:55 AM
And how bout those sexual harassment issues you're chirping on about in the other thread that you believes requires government intervention, Donttread. Don't forget about that and for the love of God. Wow!

1) I'm not an anarchist , I'm for a Constitutional government.
2) The Constitution does not limit state governments in the same way it limits the feds
3) We need laws. Do you disagree?

donttread
10-13-2014, 07:56 AM
You have a point ...

Europe is gateway for Ebola into U.S.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-virus-outbreak/no-ebola-checks-brussels-airport-after-flights-liberia-n223581

http://media1.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2014_42/711761/141010-monrovia-airport-03_0d3643893456997157c45afa25baab36.nbcnews-fp-1840-600.jpg

Yup we got enough problems of our own

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Yup we got enough problems of our own

I think turning the topic to Ebola here is a way for exotix to avoid answering my question about US leadership - or lack of- in international affairs.

because the critics usually complain and CIA coups or invasions using our military, not natural disaster relief.

exotix
10-13-2014, 08:09 AM
I think turning the topic to Ebola here is a way for exotix to avoid answering my question about US leadership - or lack of- in international affairs.

because the critics usually complain and CIA coups or invasions using our military, not natural disaster relief.
Depends ... you can always wage war on everything that doesn't conform to your beliefs ... Ebola on the other hand doesn't recognize you as *righteous*

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 08:46 AM

A few do. I don't. I believe in Realpolitik. Neocons are so dangerous as to be categorized as traitors. We ought to tar and feather them and run them into Mexico.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 09:09 AM
Depends ... you can always wage war on everything that doesn't conform to your beliefs ... Ebola on the other hand doesn't recognize you as *righteous*

I would just point out that the Muslims have killed more people than Ebola.

yes, no?

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 09:11 AM
A few do. I don't. I believe in Realpolitik. Neocons are so dangerous as to be categorized as traitors. We ought to tar and feather them and run them into Mexico.

So in your opinion it's not fair to call people like you isolationists but it's ok for you to kill neocons?

because most people who are tarred and feathered die.

exotix
10-13-2014, 09:20 AM

yes, no?
Well there's no telling who Ebola will kill next ... kind of like this guy faking us on 9/11 ...

http://uncoy.com/images/2009/ex-President-George-Bush-reading-My-Pet-Goat.jpg

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 09:32 AM
People who call me an isolationist are either making things up or deliberately lying.

Tar and feathering Necons is likely over the top- I suppose...; but Neocons are dangerous and ought to be marginalized in society. I can compromise and live with the latter. :smiley:

So in your opinion it's not fair to call people like you isolationists but it's ok for you to kill neocons?

because most people who are tarred and feathered die.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Well there's no telling who Ebola will kill next ... kind of like this guy faking us on 9/11 ...

Contribute without the comedy please.

exotix
10-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Contribute without the comedy please.
No comedy there ... muslims killed 3,000 Americans in about an hour ...

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 09:49 AM
The comedy was your gratuitous pic of Bush.

No comedy there ... muslims killed 3,000 Americans in about an hour ...

[/I][/COLOR]

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 10:03 AM

http://uncoy.com/images/2009/ex-President-George-Bush-reading-My-Pet-Goat.jpg

In spite of what you may think 9-11 really did happen.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 10:06 AM
People who call me an isolationist are either making things up or deliberately lying.

Tar and feathering Necons is likely over the top- I suppose...; but Neocons are dangerous and ought to be marginalized in society. I can compromise and live with the latter. :smiley:

Neocons may be dangerous.

but who is a neocon?

apparently any conservative who disagrees with you about the use of force overseas.

exotix
10-13-2014, 10:13 AM
In spite of what you may think 9-11 really did happen.
Correct ... despite al-queda long known as a world threat ... Bush always seemed to be on vacation.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
1) I'm not an anarchist , I'm for a Constitutional government.
2) The Constitution does not limit state governments in the same way it limits the feds
3) We need laws. Do you disagree?

Excuse me to find someone playing both sides of the fence, you can't call for government intervention to solve your social ills and at the same time harp on about the sky is falling techniques to get that same government involved. Sorry. That's called blatant hypocrisy.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 10:27 AM
Correct ... despite al-queda long known as a world threat ... Bush always seemed to be on vacation.

Nice try but its your hero obumer who will always be known as the vacationer in chief.

Captain Obvious
10-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Nice try but its your hero obumer who will always be known as the vacationer in chief.

You spend a lot of time feeding off of the bottom.

Matty
10-13-2014, 10:30 AM
No! The liar in chief. He never takes a vacation from lying.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Neocons may be dangerous.

but who is a neocon?

apparently any conservative who disagrees with you about the use of force overseas.

That is silly, and untrue.

The most simple definition are those who put use of force at the top of the tool kit in foriegn policy. Let's see if people who are more advanced wish to expand up that.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 11:43 AM
You spend a lot of time feeding off of the bottom.

I just go where the most libs can be found.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 11:49 AM
The most simple definition are those who put use of force at the top of the tool kit in foriegn policy.

do they?

No one is calling for the use of force against Belgium.

but Arab terrorists like the Isis bunch are a different matter.

Would you rather fight them in Baghdad or New York?

Captain Obvious
10-13-2014, 11:53 AM

Standard neocon rhetorical blather #32

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Standard neocon rhetorical blather #32

Its a question that the single-minded isolationists can't answer.

PolWatch
10-13-2014, 11:56 AM
how 'bout we let 'em just kill each other?

Captain Obvious
10-13-2014, 11:57 AM
how 'bout we let 'em just kill each other?

Works for me but blood always seems to splatter on everyone's clothes.

PolWatch
10-13-2014, 11:58 AM
oxy-clean...works everytime. just stand further back

exotix
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
Its a question that the single-minded isolationists can't answer.
Have you asked 2016 prez GOP hopeful Paulie about his stance ?

Captain Obvious
10-13-2014, 11:59 AM
oxy-clean...works everytime. just stand further back

That shit never worked for us.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 12:04 PM
Have you asked 2016 prez GOP hopeful Paulie about his stance ?

If he wants to win the nomination he better be closer the militaristic Cookie Lady on that issue.

exotix
10-13-2014, 12:05 PM
If he wants to win the nomination he better be closer the militaristic Cookie Lady on that issue.
Of course ... however, Paulies' 20 hour filibuster against Drones pretty-much put that one to bed.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 12:18 PM
do they?

No one is calling for the use of force against Belgium.

but Arab terrorists like the Isis bunch are a different matter.

Right. Nobody is calling for the use of force against Belgium.

ISIL is not so much a terrorist organization any longer. It is a militant group operating like a motorized infantry unit. They don't represent a serious threat to the West. The best they could manage are small scale attacks on soft targets.

Fight them in Baghdad or NYC? False choice. We don't have to do either.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Right. Nobody is calling for the use of force against Belgium.

ISIL is not so much a terrorist organization any longer. It is a militant group operating like a motorized infantry unit. They don't represent a serious threat to the West. The best they could manage are small scale attacks on soft targets.

Fight them in Baghdad or NYC? False choice. We don't have to do either.

isis is is proving to be the most competent military organization in the Middle East next to Israel.

they are overrunning both Syria and Iraq.

that gives them the territory to become the center of terrorism attacks in the world.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 12:49 PM
Not a very high bar. Their success is more to local indifference than to military success. Breath deep. Don't panic. They are militarily insignificant.

isis is is proving to be the most competent military organization in the Middle East next to Israel.

they are overrunning both Syria and Iraq.

that gives them the territory to become the center of terrorism attacks in the world.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
They are militarily insignificant.

Not by a long shot.

isis is in a position to threaten Jordan and the Gulf states and have a stranglehold on world oil supplies.

then there is the issue of training bases for international terrorists.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 01:12 PM
A while back I cataloged the numbers of the regional militarys. It was well over 1 million troops. If nations fall to IS it is because they refused to fight. I don't suffer cowards.

As far as transnational terrorism goes, we have on-going programs dealing with them. Boots on the ground is antithetical to those goals. My only addition to the current plans would be a full scale assassination program against the financiers of militant Islam. That would do the most to end it when the privileged started turning up dead.

Not by a long shot.

isis is in a position to threaten Jordan and the Gulf states and have a stranglehold on world oil supplies.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 01:17 PM
A while back I cataloged the numbers of the regional militarys. It was well over 1 million troops. If nations fall to IS it is because they refused to fight. I don't suffer cowards.

As far as transnational terrorism goes, we have on-going programs dealing with them. Boots on the ground is antithetical to those goals. My only addition to the current plans would be a full scale assassination program against the financiers of militant Islam. That would do the most to end it when the privileged started turning up dead.

Did Czechoslovakia fall to the nazis because they refused to fight?

intervention by Britain and France to save the Czechs might have prevented WWII.

maybe if we had never invaded Iraq then you could sit on your hands and do nothing now.

but we did invade and there is no turning back the clock now.

not even to two years ago when a residual force of 20,000 Americans might have prevented what is happening now.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Full scale assassination programs, Adolf, tell me more.

Ransom
10-13-2014, 01:23 PM

The Ukrainians didn't refuse to fight neither have the Kurds, you make a good point.

intervention by Britain and France to save the Czechs might have prevented WWII.

no, the I word!!!

maybe if we had never invaded Iraq then you could sit on your hands and do nothing now.

Exactly. The ball has been snapped.

not even to two years ago when a residual force of 20,000 Americans might have prevented what is happening now.

Exactly.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 01:37 PM
The Brits and French were in no position to intervene. What ifs are fun though.

I supported the invasion of Iraq. I did not support the completely inane and incompetent decision to disband the army and play nation-building. We won the actual war and humiliated the Iraqi's when our tanks took the Jewel of the Middle East (Baghdad). We should have bless a new totalitarian dictator and told him good luck. We will come back if you cross us. Bye.

Mac-7
10-13-2014, 01:40 PM
I supported the invasion of Iraq. I did not support the completely inane and incompetent decision to disband the army and play nation-building. We won the actual war and humiliated the Iraqi's when our tanks took the Jewel of the Middle East (Baghdad). We should have bless a new totalitarian dictator and told him good luck. We will come back if you cross us. Bye.

we seem to agree that bush mismanaged the war in Iraq.

so much so that doing nothing would have been better.

but Isis is the question now.

And even with obumer in the White House I don't think we can afford to do nothing.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 02:00 PM
we seem to agree that bush mismanaged the war in Iraq.

so much so that doing nothing would have been better.

but Isis is the question now.

And even with obumer in the White House I don't think we can afford to do nothing.

I wouldn't do nothing about ISIL, but I certainly would invade the place. I would work in the shadows and state the obvious- it is a dangerous world. I have no idea why all these people are dying.....

donttread
10-13-2014, 03:19 PM
What a f'n cake and eat it too threadstart.

Thank you for that absolutely meaningless comment

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Thank you for that absolutely meaningless comment

Ransom is special. One of the last Neocons...

Ransom
10-13-2014, 04:19 PM
Ransom is special. One of the last Neocons...

The camp widens daily.

donttread
10-13-2014, 06:30 PM
Not by a long shot.

LMAO. Keep drinkin the Coolaide!

donttread
10-13-2014, 06:31 PM
The camp widens daily.

Bohner's mere presence in congress reveals that their are way too many neocons left