PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Grows Among Dems About Obama’s Chances

Trinnity
05-15-2012, 12:00 PM
Alarm Grows Among Dems About Obama’s Chances

It has taken months of bad news, but Democrats increasingly believe that President Obama might just lose his re-election bid.

The latest wake-up call comes in the form of a New York Times/CBS poll showing Republican Mitt Romney in the lead not just among registered voters overall, but with women and independents.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/15/alarm-grows-among-dems-about-obamas-chances/#ixzz1uxRBSbMu

I wish I could post more of this article, but the first two paragraphs is the rule, so I'll abide by it. I hope you all will read it.

It's like I've said for months (on another forum)....

For those of you who don't know me...I strongly believe Obama's support is a house of cards kept afloat by a liberal media and to some extent political correctness. Also spin and more spin. I don't think he'll win. I think it's just matter of by how much he'll lose.

For one thing, most polls are of registered voters, not likely voters. Keep an eye on Rasmussen polls - they're likely voters - more accurate.

He's losing the indies and I predict they'll break against the incumbent. He's lost the moderates, the youth vote, and I continue to predict he'll have a low turnout among Blacks.

He cannot turn the economy around at this point. His policies were not gonna help. By his own ideology, those policies were only injurious to the economy.
Deflecting to other issues only backfired on him....yes, I think he will lose.

As for the polls, I predict they will continue to stack up against Obama. I guarantee the admin and dems will get more desperate and therefore more reactionary - you'll see this in political forums and IRL.

My prediction based on how things are today:

Romney by 54/45.

Conley
05-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm pretty sure if the first two paragraphs are each just a sentence you can put more. I'm no expert on fair use, but I've always taken a paragraph to mean four or five sentences.

It does not surprise me at all that Democrats are alarmed. Who wouldn't be? The best thing they have going for them is that Romney is a weak candidate.

Trinnity
05-15-2012, 12:21 PM
Well here's the next 2 paras that I wanted to post:

The Times/CBS survey is unique in that the pollsters called back the same phone numbers they had a month before. In April, Obama and Romney were dead even. Now, Romney leads by 3 points overall. That’s still within the margin of error -- a statistical tie.
But the shifts with women, moderates and independents are all statistically significant. Obama lost 5 points with each of those demographics.

Peter1469
05-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Good article.

Only the people who have drank the kool-aide are going to vote for Obama for sure. The vast group in the middle is likely not voting for the incumbent when the economy is doing so poorly. Your 55-45 prediction is likely a good guess.

Trinnity
05-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Darlin', I follow politics very closely. I guess you could say it's my hobby. I have been wrong, but I've been right more often. You won't ever see me write "Obama is gonna lose, I guarantee it." But I do think he will lose. We'll see.

This transcends partisan politics for me - I see him his ideology and policies as a profound threat to this nation's sovereignty, liberty, and fiscal survival.

I'm most worried about the bureaucracies and regulations he's anchoring under the radar. Four more years of that and I don't know if we could ever undo them.

Shoot the Goose
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
In harkening back to past results, the Bush-Kerry race in '04 had the polls bouncing around all summer, with each being up 2-3 points every few weeks.

But this election gives me vibes unlike any prior election. I expect a "November Surprise" from Obama every month, if not more often. I already see the lamestream press distorting things to the point of falsehoods every week. At the least, I am expecting a massive dose of the unexpected.

The lack of honor in Obama disgusts me.

Trinnity
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Oh, I know. He's as sneaky and underhanded as it gets.

MMC
05-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I believe I had up the Independant polls and Obam is trailing Romney. He continues to lose more Independants.

Peter1469
05-15-2012, 09:23 PM
So far. If the economy starts to improve that will change.

wingrider
05-15-2012, 11:18 PM
So far. If the economy starts to improve that will change. trouble is he has 6 months to turn the economy around and put people back to work i doubt seriously he can accomplish anything more than 7.9 to 8.1 percent unemployment in that time frame..and that will not be enough .. people vote two ways.. with their wallet and with their feet.

MMC
05-16-2012, 12:17 AM
Well and now California admitting their 16 billion in the hole and thats not even bringing into play Illinois' numbers. Nothing is going to improve for Either of these states. Not with unemployment or the job market. Plus now all the forclosures are starting to hit. People will be put out of their homes.
Cost of living will increase and as inflation begins and prices continue to rise. People will be spending even less. So this is where the Democrats will do all they can to make sure they are not talking about those issues.

What has changed? Banks aren't giving out Small buisness loans. Small buisness and Large corporations all waiting on the Obamacare issue to be played out. Moreover we already know they fudged the numbers for the beginning of this year and now it has showed.

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 06:17 AM
I believe I had up the Independant polls and Obam is trailing Romney. He continues to lose more Independants.Most polls poll registered voters instead of likely voters. Your polls may therefore be flawed. What polls were they? I didn't see them

MMC
05-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Morning Trinnity.....I am looking for them now. As I can't remember if I stuck them up as a thread or in as a post to someone elses. As Soon as I find them I will bring them on over.

MMC
05-16-2012, 08:23 AM
http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_ad.htm

Here is one of them.

Shoot the Goose
05-16-2012, 09:04 AM
trouble is he has 6 months to turn the economy around and put people back to work i doubt seriously he can accomplish anything more than 7.9 to 8.1 percent unemployment in that time frame..and that will not be enough .. people vote two ways.. with their wallet and with their feet.

Actually, when Obama "puts people back to work .... 7.9 to 8.1 %", we should know by now that it is not people who went back to work, but rather folks who quit looking, and are no longer counted as unemployed, that has caused that drop in rate. Were Obama accountable for the same Labor Force Participation Rate now as when he took office, Unemployment U-3 is at an astounding, and accurate, 11.4%

The books will continue to be cooked. In fact, I believe it was in CA just this week that 180,000 folks are being dropped from unemployment benefits, as tehy have reached their max of 77 weeks, and CA does not qualify for the extension to 99 weeks any longer, as the Obama math has shown that CA is "improving". Oh the irony. BUT, those 180,000 no longer will be counted as "looking for work", which was mandatory for them in order to keep getting their free-stuff. So SHAZZAM ! The Unemployment rate in CA, and the nation, will go down, cause things got worse but in a way that lets it be counted as getting better !!

Obamanomics !

Goldie Locks
05-16-2012, 09:57 AM
The problem is of course, no matter how much we now all know about his record, his life, his friends, associates of radical persuasion, plenty will still vote for him...no matter how much evidence you can put before them. I wrote a piece awhile back showing all his commie friends and associates and for some, just like my Marxist brother, it makes no difference. I guess if huge government, high taxes, out of control spending, a Tsunami of federal regulations and the usurping of the Constitution is your thing...he certainly is your guy.

Shoot the Goose
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
The problem is of course, no matter how much we now all know about his record, his life, his friends, associates of radical persuasion, plenty will still vote for him...no matter how much evidence you can put before them. I wrote a piece awhile back showing all his commie friends and associates and for some, just like my Marxist brother, it makes no difference. I guess if huge government, high taxes, out of control spending, a Tsunami of federal regulations and the usurping of the Constitution is your thing...he certainly is your guy.

Agreed, but my math on it is even more simplified. It can be divided between those that believe they will receive free benefit by a transfer of wealth to them from others, compelled by government, and those who either will not benefit, will be net losers of wealth and assets, and/or do not believe in such.

We all can understand life's lazy and losers supporting liberal free-stuff government. But why such as acedemia ?

Its simple. The explosion in college tuition and costs, and the salaries paid to teach useless studies, rests primarily with the college loan program. A now out-of-control trillion dollar liability on the rest of us. The supply of money for the last four decades to pay for such nonsense degrees came from government. Had government not been so willing to prop up such stupidity, many estimate that tuition costs would be half what they are now, and we'd have less folks with degrees in face-paint design, and more in such as engineering. Bottom line is that liberalism favors this waste of money. Leechism.

coolwalker
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
When the ship is sinking, the rats will flee.

wingrider
05-22-2012, 12:39 AM
now where was it I put that life preserver??? ..... ah there it is...... hello Costa Rica..

MMC
05-22-2012, 07:39 AM
now where was it I put that life preserver??? ..... ah there it is...... hello Costa Rica..

That or Panama.....huh? :wink:

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm pretty sure if the first two paragraphs are each just a sentence you can put more. I'm no expert on fair use, but I've always taken a paragraph to mean four or five sentences.

It does not surprise me at all that Democrats are alarmed. Who wouldn't be? The best thing they have going for them is that Romney is a weak candidate.

The two best things they have going is that Romney is a weak candidate that nobody likes .. and the Tea Party.

Both will send many voters to the polls to vote for Obama while holding their noses.

Conley
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
The two best things they have going is that Romney is a weak candidate that nobody likes .. and the Tea Party.

Both will send many voters to the polls to vote for Obama while holding their noses.

Yep

It may even be the majority of voters this time around are voting for their candidate just so the 'other guy' doesn't win. It's a matter of who you fear more leading the country...

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Pardon my intrusion in the circle jerk :0) .. but not a single person here can claim what the independants are going to do .. and there are polls all over the place that give a slight edge to Obama or Romney.

Memorial day weekend .. and gas prices are down.

Wasn't the price of gas supposed to be a big talking point for republicans?

You think independants haven't taken notice?

Point being, you have no clue what the landscape will look like in the coming months. You have no clue what Romney will say or do.

It comes down to one really big issue .. which one of them will be best for Wall Street, the rulers of America and the element that selects American presidents.

And on that issue, Obama is best for Wall Street. They chose wisely .. for them .. the first time.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Yep

It may even be the majority of voters this time around are voting for their candidate just so the 'other guy' doesn't win. It's a matter of who you fear more leading the country...

The facade of "lesser evil."

Americans are trapped by it.

Conley
05-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Pardon my intrusion in the circle jerk :0) .. but not a single person here can claim what the independants are going to do .. and there are polls all over the place that give a slight edge to Obama or Romney.

Point being, you have no clue what the landscape will look like in the coming months. You have no clue what Romney will say or do.

It comes down to one really big issue .. which one of them will be best for Wall Street, the rulers of America and the element that selects American presidents.

And on that issue, Obama is best for Wall Street. They chose wisely .. for them .. the first time.

If we were only allowed to post what we know for certain, and not allowed to hypothesize, speculate, and yes, occasionally pull things out of our heinies wouldn't this be an awfully dull place? :grin:

It sure does seem WS is more than happy with Obama's record thus far. There are some warning flags in the future though, like the raising the capital gains taxes.

Shoot the Goose
05-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Actually, at least some of us do have a clue. Many were noting 8-10 months in advance that the Dems were going to take a bath in the 2010 midterms. Not 3 months prior. 8-10 months prior.

Wasn't a lucky guess.

Obama goes into this election with a lot more negative baggage than was there with Dems in general in the 2010 midterms. He's in deep doo-doo. Its not rocket science.

gophangover
05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
At this point it's a dead heat between dumb and dumber, which only proves the U.S. 90% morons. The dems were stupid enough to put a closet con in the White House that has done nothing but give in to 98% of the GOP, and break all his promises. GITMO didn't close, the war still rages, there's still welfare for millionaires, and deficits forever. And the cons put up an Alzheimer candidate that can't remember his criminal assault in high school, shades of Alzheimer Raygun. "I don't recall" will be his defense for all future crimes. Romney's BAIN CAPITAL record only shows he loves destroying businesses, putting people out of work, and making money off it. And the moron repubs believe that cutting revenue(taxes) and spending more on the war machine, while destroying healthcare, Social Security, and education is really going to fix America. That is so stupid it's beyond description. It was moronic Nationalist Patriotism that allowed Hitler to destroy Germany, and this country is right at the same doorstep. If dems and repubs had a brain between them, they'd take it out and play with it.

Shoot the Goose
05-22-2012, 11:14 AM
At this point it's a dead heat between dumb and dumber, which only proves the U.S. 90% morons. The dems were stupid enough to put a closet con in the White House that has done nothing but give in to 98% of the GOP, and break all his promises. GITMO didn't close, the war still rages, there's still welfare for millionaires, and deficits forever. And the cons put up an Alzheimer candidate that can't remember his criminal assault in high school, shades of Alzheimer Raygun. "I don't recall" will be his defense for all future crimes. Romney's BAIN CAPITAL record only shows he loves destroying businesses, putting people out of work, and making money off it. And the moron repubs believe that cutting revenue(taxes) and spending more on the war machine, while destroying healthcare, Social Security, and education is really going to fix America. That is so stupid it's beyond description. It was moronic Nationalist Patriotism that allowed Hitler to destroy Germany, and this country is right at the same doorstep. If dems and repubs had a brain between them, they'd take it out and play with it.

You got Obama being a jackass right.

Bain capital was a huge success. Created 10's of thousands of jobs. But why don't you tell us how Bain ruined that KC steel mill. Bring vaseline.

Nunya
05-22-2012, 11:38 AM

The Tea Party is only an advantage for Obama to those people that do not understand what the Tea Party truly represents and those people would likely vote for Obama anyway. The "original" Tea Party members are still upset with the current administration and they WILL vote to defeat Obama when they normally might not have even voted if there was a more moderate Democrat President.

Obama entered office extremely inexperienced at playing the political game at the level it is played in DC. These last 3.5 years have shown the ramifications of his lack of experience. A more experienced politician would understand that he needs to compromise to get anything accomplished. Obama's idea of compromise is that his opponents give up everything and he gives up nothing.

Obama also has lost a lot of voters that supported him in 2008....and he did not beat McCain by much as it was. Romney may not be the perfect Republican candidate, however, he is much more attractive to Republican voter then McCain was. Romney also is able to "fire-up" Republican voters where McCain was lacking in this area. The down side of Romney is he seems more disliked by Democrats then McCain was and may bring more Democrat voters to the polls, but I don't think it will be a big factor.

If Romney focuses on Obama's accomplishments, which are virtually non-existent, he should easily win. The wheels are just now coming off of the Obama cart and it will only get worse as the elections get closer. People are starting to see the tarnish on Obama's halo. All of the little things that the media made light of during Obama's term are going to come back to bite him.

There were a lot of voters that only voted in 2008 to elect Obama. A lot of those voters will return to their apathetic views on the elections and will not be voting in 2012.

Gas prices may be down in Atlanta, but here on the west coast, gas prices have increased $0.20 per gallon in the past 2 weeks.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Actually, at least some of us do have a clue. Many were noting 8-10 months in advance that the Dems were going to take a bath in the 2010 midterms. Not 3 months prior. 8-10 months prior.

Wasn't a lucky guess.

Obama goes into this election with a lot more negative baggage than was there with Dems in general in the 2010 midterms. He's in deep doo-doo. Its not rocket science.

I said the democrats were going to get spanked in the midterms long before that happened. Trinnity can confirm that for you. In fact, no genius was required to see that coming.

I also said that the Tea Party was going to screw up the Republican Party .. and because of the Tea Party, Romney is all you have to offer.

What isn't rocket science is that you have a candidate that nobody likes. He's there by default.

What isn't rocket science is that republicans are shrinking. John McCain warned you of that several years ago. Your base is shrinking. The anti-gay, anti-non-white-people, anti-choice, anti-civil-liberties, anti-women base that republicans are so heavily dependant on is shrinking.

Even with as bad as Obama has been as a president, the very idea of of such anti-people politicians in office is enough to send many who know that Obama ain't much running to the polls to re-elect him.

That isn't rocket science either.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 12:07 PM
The Tea Party is only an advantage for Obama to those people that do not understand what the Tea Party truly represents and those people would likely vote for Obama anyway. The "original" Tea Party members are still upset with the current administration and they WILL vote to defeat Obama when they normally might not have even voted if there was a more moderate Democrat President.

Obama entered office extremely inexperienced at playing the political game at the level it is played in DC. These last 3.5 years have shown the ramifications of his lack of experience. A more experienced politician would understand that he needs to compromise to get anything accomplished. Obama's idea of compromise is that his opponents give up everything and he gives up nothing.

Obama also has lost a lot of voters that supported him in 2008....and he did not beat McCain by much as it was. Romney may not be the perfect Republican candidate, however, he is much more attractive to Republican voter then McCain was. Romney also is able to "fire-up" Republican voters where McCain was lacking in this area. The down side of Romney is he seems more disliked by Democrats then McCain was and may bring more Democrat voters to the polls, but I don't think it will be a big factor.

If Romney focuses on Obama's accomplishments, which are virtually non-existent, he should easily win. The wheels are just now coming off of the Obama cart and it will only get worse as the elections get closer. People are starting to see the tarnish on Obama's halo. All of the little things that the media made light of during Obama's term are going to come back to bite him.

There were a lot of voters that only voted in 2008 to elect Obama. A lot of those voters will return to their apathetic views on the elections and will not be voting in 2012.

Gas prices may be down in Atlanta, but here on the west coast, gas prices have increased $0.20 per gallon in the past 2 weeks.

I appreciate your perspective .. but gas prices are down in more than just Atlanta.

AAA: Gas prices down as travel season starts
May 22, 2012
http://www.salisburypost.com/News/052212-WEB-gas-prices-down-for-holiday-travel-qcd

National gas prices down 6 cents in past 2 weeks
May 21, 2012
http://news.yahoo.com/national-gas-prices-down-6-cents-past-2-142027311--finance.html

With regards to Obama and compromise .. that's exactly why he lost much of his base .. because he compromised too much. He was elected to be a leader, not a broker.

Additionally, the right wanted no part of compromise .. especially while under the spell of the Tea Party. In fact, any republican that actually wished to compromise was attacked by the teabaggers and some were forced out of the party.

At the end of the day, Romney is all you've got no matter how republicans allowed themselves to get to this point .. and Romney has neither the political acumen nor the intelligence for the job.

Imagine the debates? :0)

Obama will humiliate him.

You should of had a better candidate.

Shoot the Goose
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
I said the democrats were going to get spanked in the midterms long before that happened. Trinnity can confirm that for you. In fact, no genius was required to see that coming.

I also said that the Tea Party was going to screw up the Republican Party .. and because of the Tea Party, Romney is all you have to offer.

What isn't rocket science is that you have a candidate that nobody likes. He's there by default.

What isn't rocket science is that republicans are shrinking. John McCain warned you of that several years ago. Your base is shrinking. The anti-gay, anti-non-white-people, anti-choice, anti-civil-liberties, anti-women base that republicans are so heavily dependant on is shrinking.

Even with as bad as Obama has been as a president, the very idea of of such anti-people politicians in office is enough to send many who know that Obama ain't much running to the polls to re-elect him.

That isn't rocket science either.

More folks are now identifying themselves as Conservatives than liberal, with the former growing and the latter shrinking. That more people are registering as Independents is not of much consequence when the majority of them are Conservatives. That is what will matter this election.

Republican candidates are again favored this election. McCain was part of the problem, btw.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 12:08 PM
at this point it's a dead heat between dumb and dumber, which only proves the u.s. 90% morons. The dems were stupid enough to put a closet con in the white house that has done nothing but give in to 98% of the gop, and break all his promises. Gitmo didn't close, the war still rages, there's still welfare for millionaires, and deficits forever. And the cons put up an alzheimer candidate that can't remember his criminal assault in high school, shades of alzheimer raygun. "i don't recall" will be his defense for all future crimes. Romney's bain capital record only shows he loves destroying businesses, putting people out of work, and making money off it. And the moron repubs believe that cutting revenue(taxes) and spending more on the war machine, while destroying healthcare, social security, and education is really going to fix america. That is so stupid it's beyond description. It was moronic nationalist patriotism that allowed hitler to destroy germany, and this country is right at the same doorstep. If dems and repubs had a brain between them, they'd take it out and play with it.

post of the year

keymanjim
05-22-2012, 12:10 PM

They don't allow teleprompters during the debates. But, since obama has been such a "historic president" they may have to make an exception for him.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
More folks are now identifying themselves as Conservatives than liberal, with the former growing and the latter shrinking. That more people are registering as Independents is not of much consequence when the majority of them are Conservatives. That is what will matter this election.

Republican candidates are again favored this election. McCain was part of the problem, btw.

:0) Oh, really?

Voters leaving Republican, Democratic parties in droves

WASHINGTON – More than 2.5 million voters have left the Democratic and Republican parties since the 2008 elections, while the number of independent voters continues to grow.

---

Registered Democrats still dominate the political playing field with more than 42 million voters, compared to 30 million Republicans and 24 million independents. But Democrats have lost the most — 1.7 million, or 3.9%, from 2008.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-12-22/voters-political-parties/52171688/1

There is no question that the republican base .. which is made up mostly of white men .. is shrinking.

No question.

And, identification as a conservative is not the same as identification as a republican.

And, btw .. republicans are not favored in this election.

BlackAsCoal
05-22-2012, 12:19 PM
They don't allow teleprompters during the debates. But, since obama has been such a "historic president" they may have to make an exception for him.

:0)

That may be funny in Mississippi .. but the reality is just too obvious to even state.

Conley
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM

WASHINGTON – More than 2.5 million voters have left the Democratic and Republican parties since the 2008 elections, while the number of independent voters continues to grow.

---

Registered Democrats still dominate the political playing field with more than 42 million voters, compared to 30 million Republicans and 24 million independents. But Democrats have lost the most — 1.7 million, or 3.9%, from 2008.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-12-22/voters-political-parties/52171688/1

There is no question that the republican base .. which is made up mostly of white men .. is shrinking.

No question.

And, identification as a conservative is not the same as identification as a republican.

:laugh: I linked that article just last week. Great minds, BaC :wink:

Nunya
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
I also said that the Tea Party was going to screw up the Republican Party ..

Actually it was the Republicans that screwed up the Tea Party.

With regards to Obama and compromise .. that's exactly why he lost much of his base .. because he compromised too much. He was elected to be a leader, not a broker.

Additionally, the right wanted no part of compromise .. especially while under the spell of the Tea Party. In fact, any republican that actually wished to compromise was attacked by the teabaggers and some were forced out of the party.

The was no compromise. Obama wanted what he wanted and if he did not get it, he claimed the Republicans did not want to compromise....however, Obama offered them nothing as part of the compromise. Therefore, NOTHING got accomplished.

At the end of the day, Romney is all you've got no matter how republicans allowed themselves to get to this point .. and Romney has neither the political acumen nor the intelligence for the job.

I disagree. I think Obama will be the one humiliated. Romney has a lot of weaknesses, but political acumen and intelligence are not it.

Romney would not have been my first choice, but he is not bad. He is by far a better option then Obama. If you think Obama was unable to accomplish much in his first term, he will accomplish even less in a lame duck term.

p.s. If your avatar is a picture of you, then THANK YOU for your service!!

keymanjim
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
:0)

That may be funny in Mississippi .. but the reality is just too obvious to even state.
That obama is a babbling idiot with out his teleprompter?
We know that already.

roadmaster
05-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Even though I didn't vote for Obama I didn't want America to fail. Too many people out of work and still today jobs are going overseas. He failed the people who voted for him.

Shoot the Goose
05-22-2012, 12:45 PM

---

No question.

Your article supports exactly what I said.

Further, your assertion that Conservatives do not overwhelmingly vote GOP is without basis. 'Because you say so" ... well, 'NO' ;)

The GOP is favored to hold a large majority in the House, and win the Senate.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/generic_congressional_vote-2170.html

Gonna throw those lard-ass Dems in the Senate out on their parasite butts !! Whooooot !!

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Obama has harmed his party almost as much as he's harmed America.

gophangover
05-22-2012, 01:09 PM
You got Obama being a jackass right.

Bain capital was a huge success. Created 10's of thousands of jobs. But why don't you tell us how Bain ruined that KC steel mill. Bring vaseline.

Yeah dems are proud of their jackass mascot, just like the moron cons are proud of their fukin elephant that destroys its own environment and creates tons of sh it. Thanks for proving you're part of the 90%. If you had two brain cells, you could rub them together and start a fire.

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi, Nunya <waves>.

Anyone but Obama, baby. I think he's gonna lose.

Nunya
05-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi, Nunya <waves>.

Anyone but Obama, baby. I think he's gonna lose.

Hey, Trinnity <waves back>

I was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when he was first elected, even though I had my doubts. The guy is a great campaigner, but a lousy President.

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 06:24 PM
I knew we were in for trouble. He impressed me as a BIG govt guy.
But I underestimated him.

Mainecoons
05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
As long as people continue to believe that the POTUS and government can fix this mess, we are screwed. Government caused this mess. Government is consuming over 40 percent of the national wealth, most of it being spent wastefully and/or counter productively. Expecting government to fix anything other than their own inflated pay and perks is nonsense.

You want government fixed? Cut it back to the size it was before Lyndon Johnson, at all levels. Make it stick to the fundamentals of infrastructure and civil protection. Get it out of the world policeman business. Get it out of the way of the energy industry so the country isn't depending on its enemies for energy.

That's how you restore America. Not by voting for Tweedle Dum vs. Tweedle Dee and stupidly believing that government is the solution.

Reagan had it right--government is the problem.

coolwalker
05-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah dems are proud of their jackass mascot, just like the moron cons are proud of their fukin elephant that destroys its own environment and creates tons of sh it. Thanks for proving you're part of the 90%. If you had two brain cells, you could rub them together and start a fire.

Do I sense unjustified anger or did someone urinate in your Wheaties?

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Naaaah.

I think you nay-sayers are kidding yourselves. Obama has a shitload of popularity, class, support from minorities and ESPECIALLY now the gay community. It may not be pleasant for some to face up to that.

Let's be honest. Most of these disillusioned people who will not be voting for Obama again have succumbed themselves to the anti-liberal propaganda that has been in mass production in the last 8 years. They are making a decision based upon the fear and hatred that has been pumped into them.

Forget coercing people with kool-aid. American citizens have been hog-tied and outright DRUGGED buy a bigoted force which seeks to destroy liberalism by all means deemed necessary to them.

Their efforts will be in vain, though. History has proven that elections are not won on a basis of hatred and fear-mongering. Elections are won by people who believe in their country and their fellow citizens. It is a state of mind that is untouchable by the envious right wing. As they kick and scream "no you can't" to all people who desire liberty, they will eventually find themselves rooting at the wrong end of their own true principles, and give up their meaningless fight. The real fight is against corruption in government and in wall street.

:flag:

Shoot the Goose
05-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey, Trinnity <waves back>

I was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt when he was first elected, even though I had my doubts. The guy is a great campaigner, but a lousy President.

Frankly, he's a terrible campaigner. But when you have the entire mainstream press wearing your kneepads ............. hell, Pat Paulson would have had a reasonable chance.

Viv
05-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Opinion I've heard here is that he's going to be re-elected.

Did your Government cause the mess via corruption? Didn't the corruption pre-date the economic mess?

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Excellent point. The haters act like this is some brand new thing. Despite hating on politicians, they want us to trust THEIR politicians. :laugh: They think we're dumb and that's a given with any opposition, but I didn't think they could believe we're THAT dumb. It starts getting insulting.

Nunya
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
For me, the problem isn't the corruption so much. Sure, I would prefer my politician NOT to be corrupt, but some "palm greasing" seems to be somewhat of the norm with our current political system.

My problem is with the constant disregard for the Constitution, the constant "blame-game", the "never intended to keep" promises made to entice voters, and the failure to do the job the politician was elected to do for the sake of partisan politics.

I did not vote for Obama, as I did not feel he was experienced enough for the position he had applied for. I also did not like his narcissistic attitude, nor his platform that was too Socialist for my taste. However, he did "promise" a few things I did like. His pre-election stance on "transparency" was attractive, but he showed that he either had no intentions of fulfilling that promise, or he was too naive and inexperience to believe he COULD fulfill that promise.

What I do despise about Obama is his blatant manipulation of voters. Many times he has provided "examples" of "real situations" where the "situation" was so twisted and spun that they turned out to be nothing but an orchestrated set of lies. Obama apparently is of the belief that if it COULD happen, then he can spin the situation as reality and then paint it as "normal reality".

As I said, I did not vote for Obama, but I was willing to give him a chance. For that chance, Obama has provided nothing but lies, excuses, double speak, and constant blame of others. In the process, he has done absolutely NOTHING to better this country. IMO, he is the worst President this country has ever had in my lifetime.

I am not holding my breath that Romney will be much better, however, Romney is more experienced in the game of politics and his agenda does not appear to be quite as Socialist as Obama's. Since Obama has PROVEN that he is a poor President, I will vote Romney in this election. If he does not live up to his promises and my expectations, then I will not vote for him for a second term.

Yes, our politics are full of corruption and lies, especially on the campaign trail. However, nothing will change until "we the people" demand more from our politicians.........on both sides of the political aisle.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 01:54 PM
For me, the problem isn't the corruption so much. Sure, I would prefer my politician NOT to be corrupt, but some "palm greasing" seems to be somewhat of the norm with our current political system.

My problem is with the constant disregard for the Constitution, the constant "blame-game", the "never intended to keep" promises made to entice voters, and the failure to do the job the politician was elected to do for the sake of partisan politics.

I did not vote for Obama, as I did not feel he was experienced enough for the position he had applied for. I also did not like his narcissistic attitude, nor his platform that was too Socialist for my taste. However, he did "promise" a few things I did like. His pre-election stance on "transparency" was attractive, but he showed that he either had no intentions of fulfilling that promise, or he was too naive and inexperience to believe he COULD fulfill that promise.

What I do despise about Obama is his blatant manipulation of voters. Many times he has provided "examples" of "real situations" where the "situation" was so twisted and spun that they turned out to be nothing but an orchestrated set of lies. Obama apparently is of the belief that if it COULD happen, then he can spin the situation as reality and then paint it as "normal reality".

As I said, I did not vote for Obama, but I was willing to give him a chance. For that chance, Obama has provided nothing but lies, excuses, double speak, and constant blame of others. In the process, he has done absolutely NOTHING to better this country. IMO, he is the worst President this country has ever had in my lifetime.

I am not holding my breath that Romney will be much better, however, Romney is more experienced in the game of politics and his agenda does not appear to be quite as Socialist as Obama's. Since Obama has PROVEN that he is a poor President, I will vote Romney in this election. If he does not live up to his promises and my expectations, then I will not vote for him for a second term.

Yes, our politics are full of corruption and lies, especially on the campaign trail. However, nothing will change until "we the people" demand more from our politicians.........on both sides of the political aisle.

Speaking of lies, what makes you think you can post false quotes in your sig? :wink:

Nunya
05-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Speaking of lies, what makes you think you can post false quotes in your sig? :wink:

Well, if they are false, all you need to do is prove it to me and I will remove them. Until that time, they will stay.

In other words, if you are polite about it instead of being extremely rude, and show me that I am under a misconception, I will respond.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, if they are false, all you need to do is prove it to me and I will remove them. Until that time, they will stay.

In other words, if you are polite about it instead of being extremely rude, and show me that I am under a misconception, I will respond.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3494-Hey-Nunya?p=80181&viewfull=1#post80181

Nunya
05-28-2012, 04:02 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3494-Hey-Nunya?p=80181&viewfull=1#post80181

Back at ya

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3494-Hey-Nunya?p=80223#post80223

Shoot the Goose
05-28-2012, 04:26 PM

Back at ya

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/3494-Hey-Nunya?p=80223#post80223

I'm with you in heart, but don't feed the troll !

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Most of these disillusioned people who will not be voting for Obama again have succumbed themselves to the anti-liberal propaganda that has been in mass production in the last 8 years. They are making a decision based upon the fear and hatred that has been pumped into them. I disagree with that. It's not about hate. It's about the liberal bent on an ever larger govt and it's encroachment on our liberties, property, and wealth. Govt regulations are way too numerous.
Framing the conservative position in terms of "hate" is a deflection and a frequent liberal tactic I've seen many times.
It's about the economy and jobs - not more big spending govt.

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 06:25 PM
http://www.pollingreport.com/obama_ad.htm

Here is one of them.They don't say who they poll other than adults. I'd have to research each polling firm individually and I don't feel like doing all that. I'll stick with Rasmussen which polls likely voters. That's most accurate.
Also I have confidence in Larry Sabato.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I disagree with that. It's not about hate. It's about the liberal bent on an ever larger govt and it's encroachment on our liberties, property, and wealth. Govt regulations are way too numerous.
Framing the conservative position in terms of "hate" is a deflection and a frequent liberal tactic I've seen many times.
It's about the economy and jobs - not more big spending govt.

But Trinnity. It's not a liberal's fault the economy is the way it is.

The economy tanked before Obama took office. bush was in office when it happened.

Now Bush is endorsing Mitt Romney. The same people who are bitching about the economy are the ones who want to defeat Obama and put Romney in office.

:BangHead:

Furthermore, there's something I like to call proof. Y'all complain that liberals cause every ailment you can conjure up, yet none of you provide any conclusive evidence.

Let me clue you in. Saying something over and over and over does not make it true.

You can even try putting false quotes in your signature so they automatically appear everywhere with less effort on your part. :grin: Still doesn't make it true.

Shoot the Goose
05-28-2012, 09:41 PM

The economy tanked before Obama took office. bush was in office when it happened.

Now Bush is endorsing Mitt Romney. The same people who are bitching about the economy are the ones who want to defeat Obama and put Romney in office.

:BangHead:

Furthermore, there's something I like to call proof. Y'all complain that liberals cause every ailment you can conjure up, yet none of you provide any conclusive evidence.

Let me clue you in. Saying something over and over and over does not make it true.

You can even try putting false quotes in your signature so they automatically appear everywhere with less effort on your part. :grin: Still doesn't make it true.

Look. Who is Bush supposed to endorse ? The housing bubble was a group effort by Dems and Repubs. Clinton started it, and Bush did not stop it. A pox on them both.

Bush was a lousy President IMMHO. Clinton not much better, except he knew what not to do. Neither was dynamic like Reagan. Reagan changed things, while Bush and CLinton went with the flow on the economy. In any case, none are on the ballot.

OBTW, saying something like this, to a seasoned poster:

... condescendingly ignorant as shit. Take a step back, and a deep breath, and elevate your game. You are better than this.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Look. Who is Bush supposed to endorse ? The housing bubble was a group effort by Dems and Repubs. Clinton started it, and Bush did not stop it. A pox on them both.

Bush was a lousy President IMMHO. Clinton not much better, except he knew what not to do. Neither was dynamic like Reagan. Reagan changed things, while Bush and CLinton went with the flow on the economy. In any case, none are on the ballot.

OBTW, saying something like this, to a seasoned poster:

... condescendingly ignorant as shit. Take a step back, and a deep breath, and elevate your game. You are better than this.

I know it was kinda harsh, wasn't it?

I'll be the big man and admit that.

That's more than I'll get out of anybody else who does the same thing.

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 10:14 PM

Don't BS me. I ain't buying it.
It was Frank/Dodd sponsored legislation that allowed the abusive sub-prime legislation that led to the mortgage meltdown. They were urged on by ACORN and other advocacy groups, as well as SEIU. The dems had a majority in the House and Senate from '06 on. Bush was unable to stop them.
Even Barney Frank later admitted it was a mistake.
Chris Dodd took sweetheart loans in exchange for giving CountryWide what they wanted.
He's since retired - he got the hell out while the gettin' was good.

And btw, mentioning the siggy thing again is just plain trolling. There's no need to do that, k?

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Don't BS me. I ain't buying it.
It was Frank/Dodd sponsored legislation that allowed the abusive sub-prime legislation that led to the mortgage meltdown. They were urged on by ACORN and other advocacy groups, as well as SEIU. The dems had a majority in the House and Senate from '06 on. Bush was unable to stop them.
Even Barney Frank later admitted it was a mistake.
Chris Dodd took sweetheart loans in exchange for giving CountryWide what they wanted.
He's since retired - he got the hell out while the gettin' was good.

And btw, mentioning the siggy thing again is just plain trolling. There's no need to do that, k?

I'm putting you back on ignore since the truth only aggravates you and provokes you to again accuse me of being a troll.

Bye bye. :rollseyes:

keymanjim
05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm putting you back on ignore since the truth only aggravates you and provokes you to again accuse me of being a troll.

Bye bye. :rollseyes:
Seems like you are the one the truth aggravates.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 10:39 PM

I suppose you know me well enough to judge me. Typical.

You've got some nerve.

Let's hear your version of the truth, Einstein.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 10:41 PM

First of all, I tried posting the truth about somebody's lies here and it aggravated people so much they had to close the thread down.

Beat that, genius.

keymanjim
05-28-2012, 10:42 PM
I suppose you know me well enough to judge me. Typical.

You've got some nerve.

Let's hear your version of the truth, Einstein.
Trinnity hit the nail on the head, spermbread. But, you are just too ignorant to see it.

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 10:44 PM

Bye bye. :rollseyes:Did I hurt your feelings? I didn't mean to. I said harping about the quotes in Nunya's siggy was trolling and I was polite about it. Honey, I didn't call you a troll.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 10:48 PM
Trinnity hit the nail on the head, spermbread. But, you are just too ignorant to see it.

You're insulting me and I'm gonna have to ask you to stop. I have no reservations about going to ADMIN reporting judgmental newbie whippersnappers.

I have no idea where you people get your rotten ideas from, but just because I don't see it your way gives you no excuse to call people "ignorant" or "trolls" or "spermbread."

I'll let these slide but it's your only warning.

MMC
05-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for explaining to Spunk that you were not calling him a Troll Trinnity.....as for the rest of it, lets get it back to topic. :wink:

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Well, back to the topic....

ZOGBY: President Obama’s weekly report card
(http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/may/27/zogby-president-obamas-weekly-report-card-may-21-2/)
More than 18 months ago, I asked voters how likely they were to vote for Mr. Obama (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/barack-obama/) if the unemployment rate was at various levels. U.S. unemployment then was 9.3 percent and each question moved the level down 0.1 percent. The president would have been trounced at 9 percent, but when it hypothetically reached 8.2 percent, a solid plurality said they were ‘very likely’ to support him. At 8 percent, the level of support reached 54 percent. Today we are at 8.1 percent unemployment and the president is pretty much tied with Mitt Romney (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/mitt-romney/) — each getting about 45 percent support. Unemployment and the economy are vital in any campaign, but no presidential campaign is ever one dimensional. Why isn’t the president at 54 percent?

I can answer Mr. Zogby's question. Obama's support is evaporating. America is not "in love" with him anymore. And besides, everyone knows the real unemployment figure is much worse than the numbers the BLS puts out. We all know they don't account for the underemployed and the many who have given up looking.

keymanjim
05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
You're insulting me...

If you're so thinned skinned then you shouldn't be on the internet.

It was carter's Community Reinvestment act that caused the housing bubble. But, by itself it was pretty much harmless. It wasn't until 1995 when clinton rewrote the act to force banks to provide loans to people that could just barely, or couldn't at all, afford them. Even a skinny little community organizer from Chicago got in on the act when he sued Citibank to force them to provide such loans. Maybe you hard of him? His name is barack obama.
So, there we were with thousands of people that could just barely afford their mortgages. So, the democrats, in a stroke of pure genius, decide that they should be paid more by their employers. So, they passed the Fair Minimum Wage act in 2007. Of course, they knew they could never get it signed into law on its own. That's why they attached it to the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act in order to get Bush to sign it.
But, the problem with that is that it didn't magically make the money appear for the employers to cover the added cost of having employees. So, some people had to be laid off to make up the difference. And, unemployment shot up again.

Now do you understand how we got to where we are today? And, why we are still here is because you want the same people that caused the problem to use the same policies to fix it.

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
Thanks for explaining to Spunk that you were not calling him a Troll Trinnity.....as for the rest of it, lets get it back to topic. :wink:

:rollseyes:

I see no reason to be as easily forgiving. There's no excuse for bogus accusations. It definitely would not be tolerated of me, and that has been painfully demonstrated today.

I'm trying very hard to get used to these double standards.

ANYWAYS...

It's convenient to put Obama on the defensive because he's in office now, while giving Bush the slip. Somehow Obama has a time machine and traveled back to cause all of this before he became president, which is obviously why we blame him. DUH. :moron:

Did you know liberals are actually conservatives? :tongue9:

spunkloaf
05-28-2012, 11:19 PM
If you're so thinned skinned then you shouldn't be on the internet.

I gave you one warning and you continue insulting me. Wanna keep it up?

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Bush never got the slip. He was constantly hammered by the left while in office and still being blamed by no less than the current POTUS to this very day.

Remember all the pics like these?

http://i.somethingawful.com/mjolnir/images/thegoblin%7E12-25-05bushmonkeyhitler7yu.gif

keymanjim
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
I gave you one warning and you continue insulting me. Wanna keep it up?
I suppose it was too much to ask that you read beyond the first line.
You know, get educated about something important in your life and all.

wingrider
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
WARNING. do not insult members of the board.. please stay on topic

Trinnity
05-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Meanwhile....

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Mitt Romney attracting 45% of the vote, while President Obama earns 44% support. Four percent (4%) would vote for a third party candidate, and another six percent (6%) are undecided.
The undecided always breaks for the challenger. Obama continues to be behind Romney and in trouble.

Nunya
05-29-2012, 08:55 AM

Bush told Congress in 2006 that there was a major problem with the housing market and with Fannie May/Freddie Mac specifically. The Democratic controlled Congress felt there wasn't much of a problem with either and were reluctant to act. Congress did pass a bill to placate Bush, however, the bill did not address the real issue and would have made the issue worse, so Bush vetoed it.

So, yes, it is partially the liberals fault the economy is the way it is, but the Republicans are not blameless either.

Constantly blaming Bush is stupid and non-productive. Even Obama stated that if he could not fix the economy in 3 years, he should not be re-elected. He has had almost 3-1/2 years and he hasn't done squat.

Now Bush is endorsing Mitt Romney.

Now you don't really expect Bush to endorce Obama now do you?

The same people who are bitching about the economy are the ones who want to defeat Obama and put Romney in office.

What? Liberals are not bitching about the economy?

I don't think very many conservatives think the Republicans have clean hands either, except for the hard core Republicans. To believe that either party is faultless in the situation of the economy or any major matter is naive and/or partisan.

Are you still harping on this. Look, I will agree that it might have been more prudent of me to verify if the claimed originator of the quote were correct, however, I did not use those jokes because I thought they were hilarious, I used those jokes because I felt they borderlined on the truth. To me, the originator was irrelevant. Now if you want to stew over this issue and take childish pot-shots in every post, I can't help you. However, I'm man enough to drop this issue and move on to other items that are a bit more important.

gamewell45
05-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Good article.

Only the people who have drank the kool-aide are going to vote for Obama for sure.

Please pass me the kool-aid. :)

Conley
05-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Please pass me the kool-aid. :)

No prob...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iE4uEsaBF0

I wonder who the conservatives think is more destructive, Kool Aid Man or Obama?

Kool Aid Man is probably responsible for a lot of construction jobs each quarter, since he's always totaling buildings...hrrm...

Trinnity
05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Oh, that viddy is funny....love family guy, but I don't watch it much....I've caught it a few times when my kids came and said "mom, you gotta see this".

ROFL

Shoot the Goose
05-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I know it was kinda harsh, wasn't it?

I'll be the big man and admit that.

That's more than I'll get out of anybody else who does the same thing.

Perhaps. But try to keep to the high road, one and all.

I do not really want to join the debate about the Housing Bubble in a thread about Obama's reelection chances. I will always argue that it was a group effort, begun primarily by the Clinton Admin, especially Cuomo and Ruben, but then fomented by an enormous lack of leadership by W on it. With many helping hands from both sides driving the bubble.

It is done, regardless. And I see Obama as a failure.

Trinnity
10-17-2012, 03:39 PM
I wish I could post more of this article, but the first two paragraphs is the rule, so I'll abide by it. I hope you all will read it.

For those of you who don't know me...I strongly believe Obama's support is a house of cards kept afloat by a liberal media and to some extent political correctness. Also spin and more spin. I don't think he'll win. I think it's just matter of by how much he'll lose.

For one thing, most polls are of registered voters, not likely voters. Keep an eye on Rasmussen polls - they're likely voters - more accurate.

He's losing the indies and I predict they'll break against the incumbent. He's lost the moderates, the youth vote, and I continue to predict he'll have a low turnout among Blacks.

He cannot turn the economy around at this point. His policies were not gonna help. By his own ideology, those policies were only injurious to the economy.

As for the polls, I predict they will continue to stack up against Obama. I guarantee the admin and dems will get more desperate and therefore more reactionary - you'll see this in political forums and IRL.

Romney by 54/45.

Look what I said back in May. See my siggy.

head of joaquin
10-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Vegas odds on Obama's inevitable victory shot up again. Romney is down to about 35%

It really sucks to bet on Romney.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/who-won-the-debate-oddsmakers-weigh-in/2012/10/17/386e8ca8-1846-11e2-9855-71f2b202721b_story.html

Mister D
10-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Lions, tigers, and memes oh my! :grin:

Trinnity
10-31-2012, 04:52 PM

Romney by 54/45.

:flag:

wazi99
10-31-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't read much into Vegas odds to easy to manipulate them. I like to look deep into the details of polls. PPP and CBS have both been polling at least 7%-11% more democrats than republicans in there polls. They use 2008 numbers to get this gap but I think we can all agree what happened in 2008 wont happen in 2012.

Even with +7 and +11 numbers they still only have Obama up by +4 or less. You look at the number inside and you see Romney up double digests with independents. You see Romney with a lead on the economy. Its starting to look bad for Obama.

Carygrant
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
That was one Topic you will be made to regret you Posted .
That's if any of you dare show your faces here again .
Probably better to open an Extremists Memorial site where you can reminisce about when there was a Republican party worth it's metal.

garyo
10-31-2012, 07:36 PM
How Obamic, are you on your knees in front of his highness.

Mainecoons
10-31-2012, 09:14 PM
That was one Topic you will be made to regret you Posted .
That's if any of you dare show your faces here again .
Probably better to open an Extremists Memorial site where you can reminisce about when there was a Republican party worth it's metal.

You know, not only is Mitt Romney vastly more successful at both business and politics than you would ever hope to be, he even knows how to spell "mettle."

Carygrant
11-01-2012, 09:21 AM
You know, not only is Mitt Romney vastly more successful at both business and politics than you would ever hope to be, he even knows how to spell "mettle."

Yes I also misspelt a word in Russian in May 1983 .
Woe is me .
That you compare my achievements with the Goldman Sachs stooge is very flattering but a little over the top .

PS , I churn out missives at a high rate of knots -- probably a couple of dozen to your one . One only needs 95% perfection to be a genius , so I happily settle for 99% .But don't get depressed .

Mainecoons
11-01-2012, 09:26 AM
No, I'm not comparing your achievements with Romney. And BTW, fool, Goldman Sachs was Obama's #1 corporate contributor in 2008, a fact you keep hiding from.

No, I'm stating that not only do you not know how to spell "mettle" you aren't fit to lick Romney's shoes.

I hope that clears up your obvious and usual confusion.