PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of SPIDERS!!!!

momsapplepie
10-12-2014, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4#t=11

Animal Mother
10-13-2014, 09:48 PM
I hope Codename Section gets a dog like that.

Peter1469
10-13-2014, 09:52 PM
I hope @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) gets a dog like that.

That is just asking for a shooting incident.

momsapplepie
10-13-2014, 09:55 PM
NO shooting the spider pup!

Dark Mistress
10-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Even if I had a dog, I could never do that to 'em.

Spiders....man I hate those things. I weeded some cinder blocks (seriously who's idea was it to use cinderblocks around a flowerbed) and feared a black widow or hobo biting my finger everytime I shoved me fingers in. You'd think I would wear gloves. Cthulhu's are too big for my dainty fingers....

momsapplepie
10-13-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't like them on me, but I have no hesitation using a shoe.

Dark Mistress
10-13-2014, 10:45 PM
I don't like them on me, but I have no hesitation using a shoe.

This makes me laugh because I always try to find the biggest shoe in the house I can find thinking I will be "safer" if I do. I think the last hobo I killed in the basement I sort of threw the shoe at it. It was so big it was kind of hard to miss. Man, I hate those suckers.

momsapplepie
10-13-2014, 10:57 PM
We had some pretty big sand spiders where I lived before. Those didn't bother me as much as the "jumpers". Those guys would watch and move with you.

Dark Mistress
10-13-2014, 11:00 PM
We had some pretty big sand spiders where I lived before. Those didn't bother me as much as the "jumpers". Those guys would watch and move with you.

I hate hate hate jumpers!

momsapplepie
10-13-2014, 11:17 PM
we get some pretty big black widows here. You can always tell by the web, they are actually strong enough to make a snap when you break them.

Dark Mistress
10-13-2014, 11:22 PM
we get some pretty big black widows here. You can always tell by the web, they are actually strong enough to make a snap when you break them.

Oh dear me. I haven't seen a black widow since we lived in Utah and I am grateful for that! Spiders are de devil!

momsapplepie
10-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Black or Brown widows aren't too bad as long as you swat them right off. They don't move too fast. I hate Recluses. Got bit by one when I was young out on the farm and had to go have my leg lanced and drained. Man, that was bad!

Dark Mistress
10-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Black or Brown widows aren't too bad as long as you swat them right off. They don't move too fast. I hate Recluses. Got bit by one when I was young out on the farm and had to go have my leg lanced and drained. Man, that was bad!
Cthulhu has been bit by the brown recluse as well. I think he fared a little better than you though. :sad: Hobos are our regions version of the brown recluse. What we have in our basement is either the hobo or the giant house spider which looks exactly like it with one minor discrepancy on the belly. We spray regularly down there for those nasty creatures. I used to sleep my daughter down there, but I won't do it anymore because we can't seem to keep those spiders out.

Calypso Jones
10-14-2014, 08:07 AM
I ran into the banana spider in florida back in August. freaky looking. Bluish, silvery, yellow. Gives you the shivers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/La_Princesse.jpg/220px-La_Princesse.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:La_Princesse.jpg)where's the guy with the shoe?

momsapplepie
10-14-2014, 06:42 PM
um... that's not a real spider!

Matty
10-14-2014, 06:45 PM

he is!

nathanbforrest45
10-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Some live aboard boaters entice Florida Wolf Spiders to take up residence as they are the only natural predator of the Florida Palmetto Bug, those 3 inch long cock roaches. The wolf spiders are very shy and are nocturnal but do a good job on eating the roaches.

Everything has a purpose and its extreme bad luck to kill a spider. Also, if you step on a palmetto bug 20 of them come to his funeral so its better to let the spiders eat them.

Matty
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Some live aboard boaters entice Florida Wolf Spiders to take up residence as they are the only natural predator of the Florida Palmetto Bug, those 3 inch long cock roaches. The wolf spiders are very shy and are nocturnal but do a good job on eating the roaches.

Everything has a purpose and its extreme bad luck to kill a spider. Also, if you step on a palmetto bug 20 of them come to his funeral so its better to let the spiders eat them.

Oh bs. Nathan. I love squashing me some palmetto cocky roaches!

momsapplepie
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Spiders I can handle, but roaches????? NO WAY! gives me the creepies even thinking about em!

momsapplepie
10-14-2014, 09:43 PM
another one I can't stand is JUNE BUGS!

Matty
10-14-2014, 09:44 PM

see you just slam your hands together and watch him ooze! :)

nathanbforrest45
10-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Oh bs. Nathan. I love squashing me some palmetto cocky roaches!

When I lived in Florida I made it my life's work to stamp out every last one of them. However, the world can be nuked, we can all be wiped out by Ebola and there could be another Clinton in the White House but the palmetto bug would live on.

I hate those things. They can fly and always would and then land on your head. I once bloodied my own nose because one flew up and landed on my face.

nathanbforrest45
10-14-2014, 09:46 PM
another one I can't stand is JUNE BUGS!

June bugs (Japanese Beetles) aren't bad. You catch them and then tie a thread around their legs and let them fly around in circles.

nathanbforrest45
10-14-2014, 09:47 PM

see you just slam your hands together and watch him ooze! :)

Excuse me while i go puke.

:icon_puke_r:

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 04:46 PM
That video is hilarious. That guy is brilliant.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 04:49 PM
Spiders I can handle, but roaches????? NO WAY! gives me the creepies even thinking about em!

I hate those damn things.

Bob
10-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Here is the world's largest spider. It is native to Guyana.

And you can read up on it.

http://news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter-puppy-sized-spider-surprises-scientist-rainforest-125720953.html

I tried to shag the photo but the file is unique and you can see the spider using the link.

This baby weighs as much as 6 oz.

It's legs span a foot.

momsapplepie
10-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I saw that one and yes, I would be running from that one!