PDA

View Full Version : Urban Radio Callers Slam Obama Over Gay Marriage Support

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Urban Radio Callers Slam Obama Over Gay Marriage Support (http://nation.foxnews.com/gay-marriage/2012/05/15/urban-radio-callers-slam-obama-over-gay-marriage-support)

Listeners of New York hip hop radio station HOT 97 did not take kindly to the news that President Obama had endorsed same-sex marriage. The day after the announcement, callers took to the airwaves to express their disappointment with the news.

TRANSCRIPT:

HOST:
The sad part is amazingly there are people in New York whose votes he just lost. No question about it I have been doing radio for a long time and whenever I talk about this issue I am shocked by how many people call up and are upset with the idea of supporting same-sex marriage. Even in New York, even in 2012.

So, if anyone in NYC is disappointed that Obama made this announcement, call us up.

(...)

Anthony, how do you feel about Obama? You're not feeling him, huh?

CALLER ANTHONY:
No, because I’m totally against that same-sex marriage, man. I’m 27, I grew up in the days where a female’s supposed to marry a female, I mean a male supposed to marry a female.

HOST:
How does it affect you?

ANTHONY:
Because you got the younger generation in today’s society growing up. I mean if you have a kid would you want your kid, if he was a boy, marrying another guy? Or daughter marrying another girl? The emotions, the feelings?
I'm totally against it. I mean I'm born and raised in New York, my parents are from Guyana. That would never go in Guyana.

HOST:
Jennifer, you will not vote for Obama because of what he said?

JENNIFER:
Definitely not.

HOST:
Why?

JENNIFER:
I don't know, I've never liked gay people

HOST:
Jennifer, do you know how disgusting that sounds?

JENNIFER:
Let me rephrase that, I don't agree with what they are into.
I'm not going to vote for Obama because I feel like... he knew he was losing votes and he needed to get people's attention. And that's what he did. Why did he want to do this now, when he knows election day is...

I don't think it sounds disgusting to say you don't like people. Is one not entitled to their personal feelings? Isn't a person allowed to like whomever they want or not like them? That doesn't mean a person will act on it and verbally or physically mistreat that person(s)? This is something I highly object to - it's a form of political correctness. I say you can like or dislike whomever you want. If you act out against someone based on that, the acting out is wrong.
My mind is my own and dam it, no one is gonna tell me what to THINK.

Second point: I think Obama was for gay marriage all along and was publicly against it for political reasons - most people do not support it. When it got to the point that Hollywood's gay bundlers were threatening to withhold money, he bowed to them and came out for gay marriage.

How ironic that taking that position to get big donations may cost him the votes he needed the money to court. :wierdface:

Conley
05-16-2012, 11:09 AM
I can see how disliking an entire group of people based on sexuality would be disgusting to someone else. Certainly, one is entitled to his or her own feelings. So just as the person who dislikes all gays is entitled to feel that way, so someone who dislikes all people who dislike gays is entitled to that sentiment too. Does that make sense? I feel like I just spoke in a circle. :laugh:

Mister D
05-16-2012, 11:11 AM
This reminds me of a segment I heard on soem kind of dating radio show. Some caller said she doesn't date blacks and the host took the same silly attitude.

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 11:46 AM
I think this is the basis of "White guilt" ---> the subtle notion of the left that somehow if you don't think the way they want, you're bad.

Think about that.

Mister D
05-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I think this is the basis of "White guilt" ---> the subtle notion of the left that somehow if you don't think the way they want, you're bad.

Think about that.

That's precisely what the concept of White Guilt entails. As for the attitude of some progressives (not all) it's not simply a matter of you being wrong or dumb if you disagree with them. You are also a bad person.

MMC
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Then there are those Packer Fans.....Dammit! :laugh: :tongue: :wink:

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Then there are those Packer Fans.....Dammit! :laugh: :tongue: :wink:
Okay that was funny, but don't you feel ashamed for saying it, let alone thinking it? You're supposed to approve of all behavior.

j/k

MMC
05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Okay that was funny, but don't you feel ashamed for saying it, let alone thinking it? You're supposed to approve of all behavior.

j/k

:thinking:.....:sofa:.....:frustrated:.....:evil5: .....:icon_joker: :laugh:

Conley
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM
My biggest concern with the overzealous PCers is that it drives true racism underground. I'd rather see the problem than hide it. Ignoring a problem never solves it.

Conley
05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
That's precisely what the concept of White Guilt entails. As for the attitude of some progressives (not all) it's not simply a matter of you being wrong or dumb if you disagree with them. You are also a bad person.

This is true and when it happens to me it's basically the point at which I give up wasting my breath. You can't reason with those kinds of people.

Mister D
05-16-2012, 12:49 PM
My biggest concern with the overzealous PCers is that it drives true racism underground. I'd rather see the problem than hide it. Ignoring a problem never solves it.

IMO, it's not so much that it drives real racism undergrund so much as it disallows all discussion on certain issues and creates resentment and rage where there wasn't any before. 9 time out of 10 choking of discussion is not a good idea. Moreover, if the ideas PCers fear so much are as invalid as they claim them to be this should be evident in discussion. Opening a dialogue should demonstrate how erroneous "racist" ideas are.

Conley
05-16-2012, 01:16 PM
I think there's some overlap there. I agree these issues need to be discussed. It's also naive to think that groups will ever not choose to associate with their own kind. That's just human nature. Still, there's a difference between that and blatant discrimination.

It's not just limited to racism - I prefer to know who I'm dealing with up front. No need to sugarcoat it with political correctness.

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 01:23 PM
On the other sites I'm on race issues cannot even be discussed without it devolving into a total mess.
The left calls the right racist for anything and everything. It's just ridiculous.

Same with sexual orientations that are outside the norm. In that case the taunts of bigotry are endless.

Conley
05-16-2012, 01:55 PM
I hear you. Unfortunately we had some of that here as well.

Mister D
05-16-2012, 02:20 PM
I think there's some overlap there. I agree these issues need to be discussed. It's also naive to think that groups will ever not choose to associate with their own kind. That's just human nature. Still, there's a difference between that and blatant discrimination.

It's not just limited to racism - I prefer to know who I'm dealing with up front. No need to sugarcoat it with political correctness.

For example, what happens when people try to shut down all discussion about a topic like affirmative acton or immigration? It does go underground and it grows in intensity. Aside from the totalitarian nature of PC, it's usually unwise to deny legitimate grievances an outlet.

Mister D
Very unwise.

Mister D
On the other sites I'm on race issues cannot even be discussed without it devolving into a total mess.
The left calls the right racist for anything and everything. It's just ridiculous.

Same with sexual orientations that are outside the norm. In that case the taunts of bigotry are endless.

Been there. I know.

Trinnity
05-16-2012, 04:21 PM
I hear you. Unfortunately we had some of that here as well.I'm sure you did. When the trolls from DCJ blew through here, I'm sure you all got slimed with it.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 08:11 AM
NEWSFLASH: It's WAY past time that those "urban callers" woke the hell up and got rid of their ridiculous and nauseating homophobia.

It's a testament to the insanity of religion.

Additionally, the vast majority of them will still be voting for Obama.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 08:16 AM
NEWSFLASH: It's WAY past time that those "urban callers" woke the hell up and got rid of their ridiculous and nauseating homophobia.

Additionally, the vast majority of them will still be voting for Obama.

This "homophobia" seems to be very pronounced in the black community, huh? :grin:

That is if they vote at all.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 08:18 AM
This "homophobia" seems to be very pronounced in the black community, huh? :grin:

I thinl I said it was pronounced in the black community.

As for "if they vote" :0) .. is that what you said last time.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 08:23 AM
I thinl I said it was pronounced in the black community.

As for "if they vote" :0) .. is that what you said last time.

No, you said these "Urban Callers" need to blah blah.

No, actually. Blacks were very excited about voting for a black man and came out in droves. I think everyone expected black turnout for a black candidate to be huge. It's unlikely this time around.

Trinnity
05-17-2012, 08:28 AM

Additionally, the vast majority of them will still be voting for Obama.That's the problem with PC. People are getting the message that they're not supposed to have any opinion that doesn't jibe with the leftist view.

Who are you (or anyone) to tell them what to think? As long as a person doesn't DO anything to another person or say things to or about them in a way meant to harm, people are entitled to their opinion.

Thought control is what this is all about and I reject that. You (rhetorically speaking) don't have the right to, and cannot tell someone what to think.

Doing so creates resentment and resentment leads to backlash.

People in this country resent a lot about the left and Obama controlling us and telling us what to do and think. I think a backlash is coming in the form of 3 way takeover of Republicans in the House, Senate, and Presidency. In 2010, R's took the House, many state houses, and many Governorships. That was part 1.

Maybe we'll pull it off, maybe not. But it's NOT gonna be an easy ride for Obama and dems this year.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 08:45 AM
No, you said these "Urban Callers" need to blah blah.

No, actually. Blacks were very excited about voting for a black man and came out in droves. I think everyone expected black turnout for a black candidate to be huge. It's unlikely this time around.

No .. once again you don't know what you're talking about.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 08:50 AM
That's the problem with PC. People are getting the message that they're not supposed to have any opinion that doesn't jibe with the leftist view.

Who are you (or anyone) to tell them what to think? As long as a person doesn't DO anything to another person or say things to or about them in a way meant to harm, people are entitled to their opinion.

Thought control is what this is all about and I reject that. You (rhetorically speaking) don't have the right to, and cannot tell someone what to think.

Doing so creates resentment and resentment leads to backlash.

People in this country resent a lot about the left and Obama controlling us and telling us what to do and think. I think a backlash is coming in the form of 3 way takeover of Republicans in the House, Senate, and Presidency. In 2010, R's took the House, many state houses, and many Governorships. That was part 1.

Maybe we'll pull it off, maybe not. But it's NOT gonna be an easy ride for Obama and dems this year.

Who are you to have an opinion on anything?

That sounds ridiculous .. but that's exactly what you're saying.

I have an opinion on a ridiculous and nonsensical belief of my own people.

How is that a problem?

You're entitled to be a racist .. not suggesting that you are .. but you being "entitled" to anything does not mean that it won't or that it shouldn't be critiqued or even scorned.

The good news is that the change is inevitable. It doesn't matter what you think about it.

Conley
05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Good to see you around BaC!

Mister D
05-17-2012, 08:54 AM

You mean blacks weren't terribly excited about a black man running in 2008? :rollseyes:

Trinnity
05-17-2012, 09:16 AM
Who are you to have an opinion on anything?
That sounds ridiculous .. but that's exactly what you're saying.
It is NOT what I said. I said exactly what I said any other interpretation on your part is incorrect.

I have an opinion on a ridiculous and nonsensical belief of my own people.
How is that a problem?I don't know what you mean.

You're entitled to be a racist .. not suggesting that you are .. but you being "entitled" to anything does not mean that it won't or that it shouldn't be critiqued or even scorned.
Of course I'm not a racist, but even if I were, I am entitled to my own opinions and no one can say I am not.

The good news is that the change is inevitable. Change of some kind is always inevitable, but not all things change. Nor should all things change.

It doesn't matter what you think about it.
Why did you insult me? I haven't insulted you. Grumpy today?

Goldie Locks
05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
There will always be some racism, just like there will always be prejudice. People need to face that fact and get on with their lives. No matter how much education, there will always be some. There will always be stereotypes. You cannot legislate it, which is what the government continues to try and do. You may force some people to do certain things, but you will not change their minds. Forcing them only makes them more bitter IMO.

I have several problems with gays being legally married. I believe it is just another way to legislate how people feel about the fact and you cannot do that..it's not going to change anyone's mind. Another problem I have with gays being legally married is it is just another attempt to drive God's Christian laws from our society, just like Ubama forcing free birth control on the Catholics. The government wants to make our society as secular as possible and this is just another example.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Good to see you around BaC!

Good to be here my brother.

I like this board. :0)

I like the people.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
If by "racism" we mean racial prejudice and/or racial antagonism it's simply a part of life in a multi-racial society. Racial prejudice is proportional to the racial diversity found within a given society. That is, the more exposure people have to other races the likelier they are to have negative perceptions of them.

Gay marriage is inane. It's that simple as far s I'm concerned.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 10:32 AM
It is NOT what I said. I said exactly what I said any other interpretation on your part is incorrect.
I don't know what you mean.

Of course I'm not a racist, but even if I were, I am entitled to my own opinions and no one can say I am not.
Change of some kind is always inevitable, but not all things change. Nor should all things change.

Why did you insult me? I haven't insulted you. Grumpy today?

Trust me. Nothing I said was meant to insult .. rather to challenge what you've said.

What I posted on the illogical homophobia of black people was my informed opinion.

I asked who were you to have an opinion .. because that's essentially what you were asking me.

I said that people have a right to be racist .. doesn't mean that it shouldn't be challenged or scorned.

I said the change in perspectives on gays is inevitable and the statistics and movement prove that's true.

I said it doesn't matter what you think .. not as an insult, but as the reality. It doesn't matter what I think about it .. that change is inevitable because gays and their supporters have the power to make it happen.

Rights are determined by what you can demand.

I apologize if you thought I was insulting. :0(

You know how I post.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 10:34 AM
What's "illogical" about the sentiments of a majority of black people?

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 10:36 AM
What's "illogical" about the sentiments of a majority of black people?

The same thing that was once illogical about the sentiments of a majority of white people and their thoughts and beliefs about black people.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 10:38 AM
The same thing that was once illogical about the sentiments of a majority of white people and their thoughts and beliefs about black people.

Could you be a little more specific? What specifically is illogical about the sentiments of a majority of black people? Are those sentiments illogical merely because you don't like them?

Shoot the Goose
05-17-2012, 10:49 AM

Hey. In all candor, that post needed some explanation, and seems a bit too close-minded, as it otherwise stands as just plain rude.

However, it was in response to someone talking about how excited blacks were to vote for Obama, and I believe you did not concur. If that is the case, I concur with you. While I believe Obama received 95% of the black vote, were he white, he gets 90% anyway. But my opinion throughout the campaign in '08 was that Obama was not fully excitingly embraced by the American black community, as he is essentially not a product of black America. Kenyan dad. Marxist white mom. Raised by whites. Hawaii and overseas. A product of Chicago politics.

His roots are not American black.

Goldie Locks
05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Trust me. Nothing I said was meant to insult .. rather to challenge what you've said.

What I posted on the illogical homophobia of black people was my informed opinion.

I asked who were you to have an opinion .. because that's essentially what you were asking me.

I said that people have a right to be racist .. doesn't mean that it shouldn't be challenged or scorned.

I said the change in perspectives on gays is inevitable and the statistics and movement prove that's true.

I said it doesn't matter what you think .. not as an insult, but as the reality. It doesn't matter what I think about it .. that change is inevitable because gays and their supporters have the power to make it happen.

Rights are determined by what you can demand.

You know how I post.

I'm not so sure about what power they have. It has been voted down in every state that it has been on the ballot. What are gays percentage of the population? This is where the federal government will eventually step in, but it won't be because of the power of gays, it will be the power of the all mighty federal government and the liberal agenda of we must all be equal, whether it's constitutional or not.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Hey. In all candor, that post needed some explanation, and seems a bit too close-minded, as it otherwise stands as just plain rude.

However, it was in response to someone talking about how excited blacks were to vote for Obama, and I believe you did not concur. If that is the case, I concur with you. While I believe Obama received 95% of the black vote, were he white, he gets 90% anyway. But my opinion throughout the campaign in '08 was that Obama was not fully excitingly embraced by the American black community, as he is essentially not a product of black America. Kenyan dad. Marxist white mom. Raised by whites. Hawaii and overseas. A product of Chicago politics.

The point is that black turnout was unusually high in 2008 because there was a serious black candidate.

MMC
05-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Which correlates with many black youths even stating it was the first time for them voting. Not to mention all the other youth vote that said the same.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Which correlates with many black youths even stating it was the first time for them voting. Not to mention all the other youth vote that said the same.

Exactly.

Shoot the Goose
05-17-2012, 11:03 AM
The point is that black turnout was unusually high in 2008 because there was a serious black candidate.

I would agree with that. I guess it comes down to what we see as "excited" and/or "motivated". To me the embrace of Obama seemed luke-warm ..... even when he tried wearing his trousers at the bottom of his butt for a few days ;)

Mister D
05-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I would agree with that. I guess it comes down to what we see as "excited" and/or "motivated". To me the embrace of Obama seemed luke-warm ..... even when he tried wearing his trousers at the bottom of his butt for a few days ;)

:laugh:

I think turnout will be significantly lower not just among blacks buit among the youth as well.

Goldie Locks
05-17-2012, 11:08 AM

I think turnout will be significantly lower not just among blacks buit among the youth as well.

Last I heard blacks voting for Ubama this time was down around 80%. I don't have a link, but remember reading it on the net. It was prolly some right wing site though...:wink:

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM

I do appreciate the conversation brother .. but you're wrong. Obama is and has been FULLY embraced by the African-American community as one of our own .. as he should be. We aren't that confused.

I have a son that has a white mother. That makes him black, just like Obama .. just like millions of other mixed race children. Superficially, there are lots of mixed-race people. Genetically, they are all of African descent .. as ALL humans are.

My disgust of Obama has absolutely nothing to do with any confusion about his race or where he's from.

With regards to my "rude" remark to Capt D .. we don't like each other. Expect rude.

Shoot the Goose
05-17-2012, 11:14 AM

Agreed. I believe they call it the Excitement Gap, the same one that produced the 2010 results. I think it is still wide, and significant, heading into November.

BlackAsCoal
05-17-2012, 11:19 AM
:0)

Republicans .. shrinking population that they are .. love to envision low voter turnouts.

Oh Lawd .. please make a tsunami happen on election day .. and only give boats to republicans. :0)

Yeah, that'll work.

Mister D
05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
But you agree that black turnout will likely be significantly lower in 2012?

Mister D
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I do appreciate the conversation brother .. but you're wrong. Obama is and has been FULLY embraced by the African-American community as one of our own .. as he should be. We aren't that confused.

I have a son that has a white mother. That makes him black, just like Obama .. just like millions of other mixed race children. Superficially, there are lots of mixed-race people. Genetically, they are all of African descent .. as ALL humans are.

My disgust of Obama has absolutely nothing to do with any confusion about his race or where he's from.

With regards to my "rude" remark to Capt D .. we don't like each other. Expect rude.

Black attitudes toward persons of mixed race is kind of like their attitude toward homosexuality.

Shoot the Goose
05-17-2012, 02:43 PM

Republicans .. shrinking population that they are .. love to envision low voter turnouts.

Oh Lawd .. please make a tsunami happen on election day .. and only give boats to republicans. :0)

Yeah, that'll work.

Those that identify themselves as "Conservative" is an expanding portion of the US populace. Those as "liberal" is shrinking. However, by party registration, Democrat, Republican, or Independent, only Independent is growing.

Shoot the Goose
05-17-2012, 02:45 PM

Seemed a bit tepid at the time. But I do not know that there is a way to measure it.

Conley
05-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Last I heard blacks voting for Ubama this time was down around 80%. I don't have a link, but remember reading it on the net. It was prolly some right wing site though...:wink:

How is this being measured? If it's through the primaries then I'm not surprised that voting would be down that much since he's already assured the Democratic nomination. Or are you saying that projections suggest 80% in the upcoming national election?

Conley
05-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I thought his support among Blacks and the youth was massive. It's true you can't measure it but I expect it will be much more restrained this time around. IMO the dissatisfaction is already visibile. Obama may win back some youth votes by forgiving student debt but I doubt he will betray his banking cabal with that move unless he has to.

Trinnity
05-17-2012, 02:59 PM
I asked who were you to have an opinion .. because that's essentially what you were asking me. No, it was not - for the second time. I meant what I wrote:
"Who are you (or anyone) to tell them what to think?"

No one has any right to expect a person to think a certain way. It's just arrogant and wrong.

You know how I post.Honey, I'm not mad at you. You just come off as terse at times. It sure seemed like an insult, but I wouldn't hold a grudge over it.

Deadwood
05-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Second point: I think Obama was for gay marriage all along and was publicly against it for political reasons - most people do not support it. When it got to the point that Hollywood's gay bundlers were threatening to withhold money, he bowed to them and came out for gay marriage.

I don't think her personally gives a rat's ass one way or the other, but he has played this craftily, remaining mum, while they battled in the trenches.....

Yep, this announcement was planned for this time in the campaign at least three years ago.

MMC
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4518220269814558&pid=1.1

Greetings fearandloathing.....Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant. :yo2:

dsolo802
05-18-2012, 05:58 PM
That's precisely what the concept of White Guilt entails. As for the attitude of some progressives (not all) it's not simply a matter of you being wrong or dumb if you disagree with them. You are also a bad person.Is this not the prevailing attitude of both parties?

Deadwood
05-18-2012, 06:19 PM

I would really like someone to identify for me exactly what constitutes "homophobia". I mean what is it? Homo means man, or mankind, phobia is a deep rooted and long lasting fear, often debilitating.

Like the word "gay" and the symbol of the rainbow the homosexual community has hijacked the term, and re-assigned its meaning.

And it is a tarnished brush, a poison to be slung; one negative comment like the above, and one is immediately branded a "homophobe" which, like "racist" and "global warming denier" is indefensible. How do you prove that you are not a homophobe? I mean I have been in support of gay marriage for about eight years, and even I get called a homophobe.

I mean, what do you have to do to not get called a homophobe, give head?

tinkerbell
05-18-2012, 06:32 PM
i think obama is a closet gay myself.

Mister D
05-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I would really like someone to identify for me exactly what constitutes "homophobia". I mean what is it? Homo means man, or mankind, phobia is a deep rooted and long lasting fear, often debilitating.

Like the word "gay" and the symbol of the rainbow the homosexual community has hijacked the term, and re-assigned its meaning.

And it is a tarnished brush, a poison to be slung; one negative comment like the above, and one is immediately branded a "homophobe" which, like "racist" and "global warming denier" is indefensible. How do you prove that you are not a homophobe? I mean I have been in support of gay marriage for about eight years, and even I get called a homophobe.

I mean, what do you have to do to not get called a homophobe, give head?

It's a political term destined to smear opponents. Nothing more.

Mister D
05-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Is this not the prevailing attitude of both parties?

I would say no. I can only go by my own experiences but progressives add an additional and often inappropriate moral dimension to what would otherwise be a mere disagreement. We've talked about gay marriage quite a bit here recently. One member assumed I hated gays merely because I dared disagree with the zeitgeist.

Trinnity
05-18-2012, 09:21 PM
i think obama is a closet gay myself.I think he's bi.

Mainecoons
05-18-2012, 09:24 PM
To repeat, it was pure political posturing as as usual the fawning, lying MSM played it to the max for him. The fact of the matter is that he also said that this is a state matter, hence all he was doing was expressing a toothless, personal preference. You'd never know that from watching the alphabets though.

BlackAsCoal
05-19-2012, 06:59 AM
No, it was not - for the second time. I meant what I wrote:

No one has any right to expect a person to think a certain way. It's just arrogant and wrong.

"OPINION" .. what is it that you're missing about that? I gave you my OPINION. How are opinions "arrogant?" Isn't that why we're here?

I have no power to "tell others what to do."

Honey, I'm not mad at you. You just come off as terse at times. It sure seemed like an insult, but I wouldn't hold a grudge over it.

Good, because I'm not mad at you either for mischaracterizing my opinion. :0)

BlackAsCoal
05-19-2012, 07:00 AM
I think he's bi.

Your OPINION .. based on nothing other than you don't like him.

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I said it's MY opinion by using the words "I think". There's been a lot of gossip about this over the last few years, going back along way into his past. My opinion is based on that. I think there's enough smoke there to be a little fire somewhere.

And NO, I don't like him, but so what? Do I have to like him?

I think he's harming this country. That's a good reason not to like him. Plus he's a democrat and I don't like democrats.

You're getting snarky and grumpy today.

Wanna arm wrestle?

BlackAsCoal
05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I said it's MY opinion by using the words "I think". There's been a lot of gossip about this over the last few years, going back along way into his past. My opinion is based on that. I think there's enough smoke there to be a little fire somewhere.

And NO, I don't like him, but so what? Do I have to like him?

I think he's harming this country. That's a good reason not to like him. Plus he's a democrat and I don't like democrats.

You're getting snarky and grumpy today.

Wanna arm wrestle?

I don't like him either.

I'm not snarly and grumpy .. I like you. But as you know, I'm direct.

And :0) Yes, I wanna arm wrestle.

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 04:07 PM
And :0) Yes, I wanna arm wrestle.Is nude okay?

BlackAsCoal
05-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Is nude okay?

Nude is always better.

Then we can see who can win in spite of the distractions.

coolwalker
05-21-2012, 11:59 AM
I don't think it sounds disgusting to say you don't like people. Is one not entitled to their personal feelings? Isn't a person allowed to like whomever they want or not like them? That doesn't mean a person will act on it and verbally or physically mistreat that person(s)? This is something I highly object to - it's a form of political correctness. I say you can like or dislike whomever you want. If you act out against someone based on that, the acting out is wrong.
My mind is my own and dam it, no one is gonna tell me what to THINK.

How ironic that taking that position to get big donations may cost him the votes he needed the money to court. :wierdface:

SLIGHT CHANGE OF SUBJECT...I made it Trin...it wasn't the same forum

Trinnity
05-21-2012, 12:02 PM
SLIGHT CHANGE OF SUBJECT...I made it Trin...it wasn't the same forumGlad to see you, buddy. You're such a great poster, and pleasant to chat with, you'll be an asset to this forum. <smooch>