PDA

View Full Version : Obama waiting for midterm to name attorney general

Professor Peabody
10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Oct 14, 4:39 PM EDT

Obama waiting for midterm to name attorney general

By NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama does not plan to announce his choice for attorney general before the November elections, shielding the nomination from the midterm election politics while setting up a potential year-end showdown with the lame duck Senate.

Senate Democrats have asked Obama to wait so controversy doesn't arise over whether they will support a specific nominee, and the delay gives Obama more time to consider his options.

Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley, the leading Republican on the Judiciary Committee that will hold hearings on the nominee, said Democrats are trying to "avoid making clear to the voters of their states where they stand on what could be a controversial choice for attorney general."

"This timing shows, once again, that the president and Democrat Senate leaders are willing to play politics with important policy decisions," Grassley said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_ATTORNEY_GENERAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-10-14-12-19-37

The American people have suffered for the last six years with an administration puppet, we surely don't need another. The IRS targeting scandal, Benghazi scandal, Fast & Furious, AP & Fox reporter spying scandal, NSA scandal and no one I know of has been fired. To make matters worse.....The Obama administration promoted the IRS official in charge of the tax exempt office that targeted conservative groups to head the IRS’ ObamaCare office. (http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/104778-obama-presidencys-100-arrogant-moments-2013/) The arrogance of the Democrats in charge of this country right now is astounding.

"The Obama administration promoted Susan Rice from UN Secretary to National Security Adviser, even though she told a fairy tale to the American people about Benghazi being caused by a YouTube video."

Obama waiting for midterm to name attorney general!!!

Given the egregious arrogance of the Democrats, don't give them the chance to stack the deck in their favor yet again. Vote out as many Democrats from Government as we can Nov 4th. They obviously believe they are above the law and act like it constantly. We need to show them that if they refuse to police themselves, we the voters will do it for them.

Peter1469
10-15-2014, 05:08 PM
It is a difficult choice for the One.

Nominate someone now and have a hard fight for confirmation (but no filibuster).

Or wait until after when he will likely not have a (D) senate.

If he would just nominate a non-partisan to represent the American people, like the AG is supposed to do, this wouldn't be an issue.

del
10-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Nominate someone now and have a hard fight for confirmation (but no filibuster).

If he would just nominate a non-partisan to represent the American people, like the AG is supposed to do, this wouldn't be an issue.

name the last non-partisan ag

Mac-7
10-15-2014, 05:27 PM

Name the last ag who referred to whites as "my people."

Holder is a racist.

exotix
10-15-2014, 05:29 PM
From the OP Link ...

Some Senate Republicans have called on Obama to wait until the new Senate is seated in January to make the nomination.

/thread

del
10-15-2014, 05:31 PM
Name the last ag who referred to whites as "my people."

Holder is a racist.

and you're average

sachem
10-15-2014, 05:35 PM
Who cares? Barry is a lame duck. And bored to tears. Whomever he nominates will be a chair filler until the end of his term. He shouldn't even bother with nominating anyone.

Peter1469
10-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Some of the recent ones have been minimally partisan. But that isn't the point. The point is that the position ought to be non-partisan.

Mac-7
10-15-2014, 05:44 PM
and you're average

Yes, but I'm still looking down at libs like you.

nathanbforrest45
10-15-2014, 05:49 PM
From the OP Link ...

/thread[/FONT][/COLOR]

I knew this was all Bush's fault

del
10-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Some of the recent ones have been minimally partisan. But that isn't the point. The point is that the position ought to be non-partisan.

so name one

del
10-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Yes, but I'm still looking down at libs like you.

then come in off the ledge, corky

it'll be all right

Mac-7
10-15-2014, 05:57 PM
so name one

I still can't name any that referred to whites as "my people" and apparently neither can you.

that makes Holder the most partisan of them all.

Peter1469
10-15-2014, 05:57 PM
so name one

A recent one that I remember refused to do the bidding of Bush. I don't have the interest to look it up.

del
10-15-2014, 06:03 PM
A recent one that I remember refused to do the bidding of Bush. I don't have the interest to look it up.

how convenient :rofl:

Peter1469
10-15-2014, 06:05 PM
how convenient :rofl:

F off.

sachem
10-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Some of the recent ones have been minimally partisan. But that isn't the point. The point is that the position ought to be non-partisan.No such animal anymore.

Perianne
10-15-2014, 06:12 PM
I think Obama should appoint Saul Goodman.

Professor Peabody
10-17-2014, 03:17 PM
I'd like to bring back Dr. Joycelyn Elders, she was a gaffe machine almost on par with Biden.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 03:18 PM

The American People can wait ... Politics First

Perianne
10-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I'd like to bring back Dr. Joycelyn Elders, she was a gaffe machine almost on par with Biden.

We need safer bullets.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 03:20 PM
We need safer bullets.

IF we did ... guess who would Lobby against it and guess who would support the lobby? :laugh:

PolWatch
10-17-2014, 05:04 PM
I still believe we need more training prior to turning folks loose with guns...

Professor Peabody
10-18-2014, 02:36 PM

I think if the Democrats lose the Senate, Obama will use Harry Reid's rule change to force an even bigger asshole than Holder on us. Quite possibly they will get Ruth Buzzy Ginsberg to retire and put Holder in there for good measure.

Peter1469
10-18-2014, 02:59 PM
The dems won't be able to push anyone through without the Senate.

Bob
10-18-2014, 04:19 PM
I still believe we need more training prior to turning folks loose with guns...

Gun control is a great steady aim and a proper squeeze of the trigger.

Professor Peabody
10-19-2014, 02:42 AM
The dems won't be able to push anyone through without the Senate.

Lame duck session between Nov 4th and Jan 1st.