PDA

View Full Version : CDC Considers Putting Dallas Healtcare Workers On A No Fly List

Matty
10-16-2014, 06:00 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/16/cdc-considers-adding-names-people-monitored-for-ebola-to-no-fly-list/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is considering adding the names of healthcare workers being monitored for the Ebola virus to the government's no-fly list, federal officials tell Fox News.
The move is being considered as a response to Wednesday's disclosure that Dallas nurse Amber Joy Vinson was cleared to fly on a commercial airliner earlier this week despite having been exposed to the Ebola virus while treating Thomas Edward Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

This DOSEN't make walking around sense. Put the health care workers on a no fly list but continue to allow flights from West Africa to enter the U.S. bringing more misery to the American health care worker.

i don't know who comes up with this shit but they are seriously fucked up!

donttread
10-16-2014, 06:10 AM
But yet they won't stop flights from West Africa? Brilliant !

hanger4
10-16-2014, 06:52 AM
I see a political commercial in there somewhere.

Peter1469
10-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Ebola is not a real serious threat at this point, for the US. But the realization that our government is inept is a serious threat NOW.

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 07:08 AM
The Obama CDC allowed a nurse who was exposed to Ebola to fly from Dallas to Cleveland and back to Dallas the day before she was admitted to isolation ward.

how stupid can the people appointed by Obama be?

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/health/2014/10/15/cdc-says-2nd-nurse-with-ebola-was-cleared-to-fly/17339151/

Peter1469
10-16-2014, 07:10 AM
Notice: duplicate threads merged

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 07:12 AM
Ebola is not a real serious threat at this point, for the US. But the realization that our government is inept is a serious threat NOW.

When Ebola does become serious in America it will be too late.

obumer is playing Russian roulette with the health of America.

Matty
10-16-2014, 07:16 AM

Bumbling, lying damn fools. The tragedy is they think they're smart enough to lie to us and get away with it. And they are half right.

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Bumbling, lying damn fools. The tragedy is they think they're smart enough to lie to us and get away with it. And they are half right.

Yes, the morons at the CDC are already a serious threat to the US.

They are indeed damn fools.

But Peter1469 is mistaken about Ebola.

it is a serious threat now because of Obama and the open borders crowd.

Matty
10-16-2014, 07:31 AM
Yes, the morons at the CDC are already a serious threat to the US.

They are indeed damn fools.

But Peter1469 is mistaken about Ebola.

it is already a serious threat now because of Obama and the open borders crowd.
What I heard him say is ebola is not widespread YET, but, the ineptness of the gov. Is the threat NOW. If this crap keeps up ebola will be a serious threat. They promised they could contain it, they promised they could handle it but I don't think they can. We will see.

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 07:40 AM
What I heard him say is ebola is not widespread YET, but, the ineptness of the gov. Is the threat NOW. If this crap keeps up ebola will be a serious threat. They promised they could contain it, they promised they could handle it but I don't think they can. We will see.

Yes, we (including Peter) agree that the incompetent CDC is causing allowing Ebola to become a threat to the US.

Kurmugeon
10-16-2014, 08:01 AM

Ebola, because of the specs of the pathogen, will ALWAYS be a serious threat to any humans who are in any way a risk of exposure to it.

Ebola is like Nerve Gas, there isn't a safe variety or situation involving it.

What you should be asking yourself, is WHY?

What is President Obama's motivation behind the obviously reckless actions!

I created a entire thread to catalog the possible motivation for his actions, some of which are outlandish and silly, others are mundane and grounded, and yet others are radical (like Obama) and threatening.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32912-Catalog-of-Rationales-for-Obama-Executive-Not-Using-Ebola-Isolation-Plans

You cannot begin to deal with the problem until you understand the motivation behind it.

-

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Ebola, because of the specs of the pathogen, will ALWAYS be a serious threat to any humans who are in any way a risk of exposure to it.

Ebola is like Nerve Gas, there isn't a safe variety or situation involving it.

What you should be asking yourself, is WHY?

What is President Obama's motivation behind the obviously reckless actions!

I created a entire thread to catalog the possible motivation for his actions, some of which are outlandish and silly, others are mundane and grounded, and yet others are radical (like Obama) and threatening.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/32912-Catalog-of-Rationales-for-Obama-Executive-Not-Using-Ebola-Isolation-Plans

You cannot begin to deal with the problem until you understand the motivation behind it.

-

I think Obama is just stupid.

and he has appointed stupid people like the CDC doctor to represent him.

sure they have a political agenda.

someone asked Friedan why travelers from west Africa were not banned and one of the reasons he gave is that it could harm the local economy of Liberia.

what the hell?

is Friedan an economist or a medical doctor?

is his duty at CDC to protect the economy of Liberia or to protect the health of Americans?

lynn
10-16-2014, 08:28 AM
The nurse called the CDC before her flight back to Texas that she had a fever and they allowed her to board the plane anyway.

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 08:31 AM
The nurse called the CDC before her flight back to Texas that she had a fever and they allowed her to board the plane anyway.

Thats what she claims.

Does the CDC admit they allowed her to fly?

If so then someone should be fired.

Peter1469
10-16-2014, 08:31 AM

Because her fever was lower than the government mandated cut-off. :shocked:

"Yes, my fever is 99.9. And I treated an Ebola victim"

CDC: "Well the paper here says to not fly if the fever is over 100. You are good to go."

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 08:36 AM

CDC: "Well the paper here says to not fly if the fever is over 100. You are good to go."

The Obama government is taking a very casual approach to Ebola.

most Americans have enough common sense to tell the 2nd nurse not to fly as long as there is any danger.

but apparently common sense is not needed to work at CDC.

exotix
10-16-2014, 09:59 AM
CDC Considers Putting Dallas Healtcare Workers On A No Fly List (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/33389-CDC-Considers-Putting-Dallas-Healtcare-Workers-On-A-No-Fly-List/page2)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/16/cdc-considers-adding-names-people-monitored-for-ebola-to-no-fly-list/

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is considering adding the names of healthcare workers being monitored for the Ebola virus to the government's no-fly list, federal officials tell Fox News.

The move is being considered as a response to Wednesday's disclosure that Dallas nurse Amber Joy Vinson was cleared to fly on a commercial airliner earlier this week despite having been exposed to the Ebola virus while treating Thomas Edward Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

This DOSEN't make walking around sense.
Put the health care workers on a no fly list but continue to allow flights from West Africa to enter the U.S. bringing more misery to the American health care worker.

i don't know who comes up with this $#@! but they are seriously $#@!ed up!
I suspect the tea party will dress-up like founding fathers and wave Don't Tread on Me Banners in support of the nurses *Liberty & Freedom* ... yes ?

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 10:01 AM

Im wondering if the nurse identified herself as a nurse who had been exposed to Duncan just before he died.

maybe she forgot to tell the low level staffer at CDC that little detail because she didn't want to miss the wedding.

Peter1469
10-16-2014, 10:49 AM
I suspect the tea party will dress-up like founding fathers and wave Don't Tread on Me Banners in support of the nurses *Liberty & Freedom* ... yes ?

I suspect you couldn't identify a Tea Party(ies) member if you bumped into him or her in your drug induced haze.

Cigar
10-16-2014, 10:53 AM
http://www.veteranstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/teabagger.gif (http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/11/09/welcome-to-the-teabagger-war/)

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/1/6/0/9/5/4/shhh-24550208953.jpeg (http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/tea-baggers-got-to-love-some-of-the-newest-and-dumbest-signs-from-the-912-tea-party-rally/question-1224247/?page=4)

momsapplepie
10-16-2014, 11:01 AM
The healthcare worker should have been placed on a no fly list/ maybe even semi/quarantine from the day they started caring for Duncan. Not their fault, but the concern for public safety was totally disregarded from the start.

exotix
10-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I suspect you couldn't identify a Tea Party(ies) member if you bumped into him or her in your drug induced haze.
You have a point ... I don't have a Tea Party Patriot I.D. Card ... LOL

momsapplepie
10-16-2014, 11:15 AM

PolWatch
10-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Perry & most of Texas has made it very clear that they oppose everything to do with Washington...why is it the fault of a government agency that they didn't TELL the state of Texas & the hospital exactly what to do? Are these people complete idiots that someone has to tell them basic infection control? I don't think Matalese has been on the CDC mailing list for the last month or so and yet she seemed to know basic infection control procedures. Does Texas only employee idiots who can't practice medicine without Washington's instructions?

If everyone is so eager to limit infection spread...where are the screams about Perry jetting around the world AFTER the infection was found in Texas?

Inquiring minds want to know these things....

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Perry & most of Texas has made it very clear that they oppose everything to do with Washington....

Not everything.

but government incompetence should offend even government worshipers like you since it puts libs at risk too.

the cdc spent only $180 mil on infectious disease but $500 mil on community sidewalks and farmers markets.

that is government stupidity on display.

PolWatch
10-16-2014, 11:51 AM
My quesion was why was Texas waiting to be told what to do? Obviously, they don't like or trust Washington but they can make no medical decisions without instructions from Washington? and now, they want to blame Washington for their mess up?

ps: you have not read too many of my posts if you believe I'm a fan of government...any government. I just object to those who want to point fingers and believe that changing the letter behind the politician's name makes any difference at all.

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 11:54 AM
My quesion was why was Texas waiting to be told what to do? Obviously, they don't like or trust Washington but they can make no medical decisions without instructions from Washington? and now, they want to blame Washington for their mess up?

ps: you have not read too many of my posts if you believe I'm a fan of government...any government. I just object to those who want to point fingers and believe that changing the letter behind the politician's name makes any difference at all.

Lets see.

the cdc has legal authority over the hospitals in Texas and every other state.

PolWatch
10-16-2014, 11:59 AM
could you show me where the CDC told Dallas to ignore infectious disease protocols? As I said before, Mat has posted the accepted procedures on here before...without CDC instructions...and she is retired. Kinda makes ya think that the procedures have been accepted medical practice for longer than 3 months...huh?

Mac-7
10-16-2014, 12:04 PM
could you show me where the CDC told Dallas to ignore infectious disease protocols? As I said before, Mat has posted the accepted procedures on here before...without CDC instructions...and she is retired. Kinda makes ya think that the procedures have been accepted medical practice for longer than 3 months...huh?

i don't know what the Cdc told the hospital in Dallas.

nor do we know if the hospital failed to follow protocols.

but I know that if Duncan had not been allowed by the Obama admin to enter the US no one in Dallas would be infected today.

and I also notice that the cdc allowed one of the infected nurses to fly on an airplane which can't be part of protocols either.