PDA

View Full Version : Ebola ~ What are the laws for Isolation and Quarantine ?

exotix
10-17-2014, 07:00 AM
What are the laws for Isolation and Quarantine ?

http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutl...isolation.html (http://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html)

In addition to serving as medical functions, isolation and quarantine also are “police power” functions, derived from the right of the state to take action affecting individuals for the benefit of society.

Federal Law

The federal government derives its authority for isolation and quarantine from the Commerce Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

Under section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

The authority for carrying out these functions on a daily basis has been delegated to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

hanger4
10-17-2014, 07:02 AM
And ?? Your point ??

exotix
10-17-2014, 07:04 AM
And ?? Your point ??
Easy ... this is the last thing paranoid conservative *Liberty & Freedom* lunatics need ... martial law.

Common
10-17-2014, 07:35 AM
Easy ... this is the last thing paranoid conservative *Liberty & Freedom* lunatics need ... martial law.

I dont think you have to be a conservative to be concerned about ebola. Theres been an overreaction but thats understandable considering this is something that has an 80% chance of killing you and an even higher percentage for the aged, kids and those with compromised immune systems.

I think this entire situation has been handled badly by everyone. The CDC and Obama admin, neither have them have clearly stated their positions or have gone out of their way to make it clear to americans and Demonstrate to them there is no real threat.

Ive been reading but im not real clear whether and ban on entries from the infected areas would work or not. My initial thoughts are it cant hurt.

exotix
10-17-2014, 08:01 AM
I dont think you have to be a conservative to be concerned about ebola. Theres been an overreaction but thats understandable considering this is something that has an 80% chance of killing you and an even higher percentage for the aged, kids and those with compromised immune systems.

I think this entire situation has been handled badly by everyone. The CDC and Obama admin, neither have them have clearly stated their positions or have gone out of their way to make it clear to americans and Demonstrate to them there is no real threat.

Ive been reading but im not real clear whether and ban on entries from the infected areas would work or not. My initial thoughts are it cant hurt.
Well say for instance, let's say the CDC has a Tea Party Patriot who is inflicted with Ebola corned and barricaded in his home ... he's got hs founding father garb on, he's got his Don't Tread on Me Banners waving ... and is locked 'n loaded with all the latest military-grade assault-weapon hardware ...

What are the protocols for extraction ?

Cigar
10-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Ebola Fact

http://i.imgur.com/vKkgPyT.jpg

Ransom
10-17-2014, 08:57 AM
The Czar is coming Comrades, take comfort. And why not Kathleen Sebelius?

I'd of course put Condi Rice in charge. Experience with foreign governments. Experience with crisis management. I realize it's going to be tough for Democrats when they realize she's the much smarter individual in the rooms.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Ebola Fact

http://i.imgur.com/vKkgPyT.jpg

But, but, but they did it too. How wonderfully juvenile of you. So Reagan was indifferent to AIDS in it's beginings and that excuses Obama. Those that ignore history repeat history.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 09:01 AM
The Czar is coming Comrades, take comfort. And why not Kathleen Sebelius?

I'd of course put Condi Rice in charge. Experience with foreign governments. Experience with crisis management. I realize it's going to be tough for Democrats when they realize she's the much smarter individual in the rooms.

Dude ... one more Fucking Politician is NOT what we need ...

How about someone with BIO-MEDICAL SCIENCE Background as Czar

Funking Conservatives :rollseyes: Everything is Political

Cigar
10-17-2014, 09:02 AM
But, but, but they did it too. How wonderfully juvenile of you. So Reagan was indifferent to AIDS in it's beginings and that excuses Obama. Those that ignore history repeat history.

How many American are Dead from Ebola ... :rollseyes:

Hysterics :laugh: turn off Fox Noise

exotix
10-17-2014, 09:04 AM
It's like comparing the American dead of Benghazi to the American dead on 9/11 ... Bush gets a pass because he invaded Iraq causing a genocide.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:22 AM
How many American are Dead from Ebola ... :rollseyes:

Hysterics :laugh: turn off Fox Noise

Cigar you made the comparison now you want to show the contrasts. Make up your mind.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:26 AM
It's like comparing the American dead of Benghazi to the American dead on 9/11 ... Bush gets a pass because he invaded Iraq causing a genocide.

Not at all exotix, Bush didn't lie about the reasons for 9/11 as Obama lied about the reasons concerning Bengahzi for election purposes.

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Not at all @exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516), Bush didn't lie about the reasons for 9/11 as Obama lied about the reasons concerning Bengahzi for election purposes.

Well...Bush didn't exactly tell the truth now either.

Ransom
10-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Oh look. Another Bush deflection. From our common denominators.

:biglaugh:

Matty
10-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Oh look. Another Bush deflection. From our common denominators.

:biglaugh:
What did you expect? Intelligence? They will always disappoint you.

exotix
10-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Not at all @exotix (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=516), Bush didn't lie about the reasons for 9/11 as Obama lied about the reasons concerning Bengahzi for election purposes.
So if over 20,000 Americans died of AIDS before Reagan said shit .... is this lying ?

This is important since how many more Americans died because of AIDS-tainted blood supplies ?

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Well...Bush didn't exactly tell the truth now either.

Start a thread Common Sense and corroborate the Bush lies.

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Start a thread @Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085) and corroborate the Bush lies.

I'm good, thanks.

I think the facts are pretty clear for those who have critical thinking skills.

Matty
10-17-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm good, thanks.

Which you don't all you have is a big vat of kool aid.

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 09:40 AM
Which you don't all you have is a big vat of kool aid.

LOL...I'm sorry, but I have no Kool aid, you drank the whole thing.

Matty
10-17-2014, 09:49 AM
LOL...I'm sorry, but I have no Kool aid, you drank the whole thing.
You piss grape kool aid

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 09:51 AM
Did you make excuses for reagan?

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 09:53 AM
What did you expect? Intelligence? They will always disappoint you.

Yes yall do. Anything to add about the topic or just more insults?

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:55 AM
I'm good, thanks.

Indeed they are, Bush did't lie unless you believe the British, French, German and Russian intel orgs all told tje same lies.

Matty
10-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Yes yall do. Anything to add about the topic or just more insults?
Facts. Bebe not insults.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 09:56 AM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) you made the comparison now you want to show the contrasts. Make up your mind.

Change your diaper

Cigar
10-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Who knew Conservatives were such scardy-cats :laugh:

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 09:58 AM
Facts. Bebe not insults.

Omg. Biggest pot EVER.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Did you make excuses for reagan?
Nope nor am I making excuses for Obama. But I will say The Reagan administration increased AIDS funding requests from $8 million in 1982 to $26.5 million in 1983, which Congress bumped to $44 million, a number that doubled every year thereafter during Reagan’s presidency.

Matty
10-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Omg. Biggest pot EVER.
And you be the kettle!

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:01 AM
It wasn't Reagans fault people got aids. There was an easy inexpensive solution to aids. It was called being smart enough to use a condom.

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 10:01 AM
And you be the kettle!

Why don't you try actually arguing your points instead of drive by insults? You add nothing but blah...

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Why don't you try actually arguing your points instead of drive by insults? You add nothing but blah...
Ignore me if you don't like my posting style or are too damn dense to understand what I am saying. Your choice.

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 10:07 AM
Ignore me if you don't like my posting style or are too damn dense to understand what I am saying. Your choice.

More blah...

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:08 AM
More blah...
Fuck you, she called me a pot so I called her a kettle. Deal with it. Ethel.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
$#@! you, she called me a pot so I called her a kettle. Deal with it. Ethel.

http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/05/band-aid1.jpg (http://www.allparenting.com/my-family/articles/956865/an-ode-to-all-doctor-moms)

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 10:10 AM
$#@! you, she called me a pot so I called her a kettle. Deal with it. Ethel.

No, dollar sign hashtag ampersand exclamation point you!

You started with the kool aid shit. You are the pot, you are the kettle you are the kool aid factory covered in Ebola covered in shit.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 10:14 AM
Change your diaper

Geebus Cigar take the GED and graduate from grammar school.

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:16 AM

You started with the kool aid $#@!. You are the pot, you are the kettle you are the kool aid factory covered in Ebola covered in $#@!.
You piss grape kool aid. Fact.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Geebus @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) take the GED and graduate from grammar school.

I'll take your Ears and you can take ....

hanger4
10-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll take your Ears and you can take ....

Whaaa ??

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:23 AM
And you be the kettle!

Lol. I call them like I see them. If you scream like a Fisher wife.. ...

Common Sense
10-17-2014, 10:26 AM

Yawn...

How is that a fact? Did I piss in your face?

I have my doubts you understand what the term "fact" means.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:26 AM
Its cute (pathetic) you think swooping and pooping is a posting style.
Increase your age----rapidly. Sadly vapidly is closer to you.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:28 AM

You started with the kool aid $#@!. You are the pot, you are the kettle you are the kool aid factory covered in Ebola covered in $#@!.
Fuuuuck. I damn near choked while reading the first part. I heart you. :)

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:29 AM

Your sandbox called. They don'miss you.

momsapplepie
10-17-2014, 10:29 AM
could have been an interesting discussion but I see it's turned out like the rest of the board threads recently.

Cigar
10-17-2014, 10:30 AM
could have been an interesting discussion but I see it's turned out like the rest of the board threads recently.

Then make like a Tree ... :laugh:

decedent
10-17-2014, 10:32 AM
America comes first. Protect America by locking up all citizens who even have a hint of a fever. Keep them locked up for a month until we know they're not sick.

momsapplepie
10-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Over 30 other countries have done the smart thing. Today Belize denied entry to a cruise ship because they had quarantined 2 passengers, one being a nurse from Dallas who had handeled the Ebola virus, the other her husband. Smart move on their part.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:37 AM
Yep. I was just about to tell s&p that there IS a strong conservative woman here that actually contributes to topics that I respect.. . I mean YOU.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Over 30 other countries have done the smart thing. Today Belize denied entry to a cruise ship because they had quarantined 2 passengers, one being a nurse from Dallas who had handeled the Ebola virus, the other her husband. Smart move on their part.

Is it just me or is that kinda irresponsible.?

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:39 AM
Lol. I call them like I see them. If you scream like a Fisher wife.. ...
I do the same kettle korn

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:45 AM
I do the same kettle korn

You really are juvenile. You probably don't even realize it. Bless your heart.

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:48 AM
You really are juvenile. You probably don't even realize it. Bless your heart.
So, be an adult and ignore me. Believe me, you have nothing to say other than democrat talking points. I can get those anywhere?

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:52 AM
So, be an adult and ignore me. Believe me, you have nothing to say other than democrat talking points. I can get those anywhere?

So be an adult and ACT LIKE ONE. Your reply is the epitome of juvenile behavior.
You: *sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalala.
Sheesh.

Btw: we cant say the repube talking points about you because you dont even offer that. Just stupid snide insults to everyone.

Matty
10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
So be an adult and ACT LIKE ONE. Your reply is the epitome of juvenile behavior.
You: *sticks fingers in ears* lalalalalala.
Sheesh.

Btw: we cant say the repube talking points about you because you dont even offer that. Just stupid snide insults to everyone.
So, call me a pot again Juvie! Show us how it's done!

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 10:58 AM
So, call me a pot again Juvie! Show us how it's done!
Truth sucks like a bitch doesn't it? If you'd actually reply with coherence you might not look like the mean bitch on the playground. Telling people crap about koolaid only reinforces what I said. Sweetiekins I say this because I care. I hope you have a superdeduper great day. You hear?

Matty
10-17-2014, 11:00 AM
Truth sucks like a $#@! doesn't it? If you'd actually reply with coherence you might not look like the mean $#@! on the playground. Telling people crap about koolaid only reinforces what I said. Sweetiekins I say this because I care. I hope you have a superdeduper great day. You hear?
Not caring. My give a fuck o meter not registering Juvie!

Cigar
10-17-2014, 11:05 AM

The last thing anyone should use as examples ... are cruise ships, after the disastrous couple years they have had :laugh:

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 11:05 AM
Not caring. My give a $#@! o meter not registering Juvie!

We know you don't care how you appear. Its obvious by your ASSinine replies that you subject people to daily. Sad.

Matty
10-17-2014, 11:09 AM
We know you don't care how you appear. Its obvious by your ASSinine replies that you subject people to daily. Sad.
If you go to settings and find your ignore button you will no longer subject yourself to the tortures of my posting. Now that you have this knowledge, all injuries to you liberal sensitivities are self inflicted so please please stop whining.

hanger4
10-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I gotcha. No I gotcha first. Nope I gotcha best. Nah I gotcha better. Fuck !! Tain't nothin worse than grammar school "adults" and I use that word lightly.

momsapplepie
10-17-2014, 11:15 AM
The last thing anyone should use as examples ... are cruise ships, after the disastrous couple years they have had :laugh:
no worse than airplanes. Still jamming people into a closed pen.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 11:20 AM
If you go to settings and find your ignore button you will no longer subject yourself to the tortures of my posting. Now that you have this knowledge, all injuries to you liberal ysensitivities are self inflicted so please please stop whining.
Oh pumpkin, I can't put you on ignore! Your drivel makes me appreciate ME.

MAP: nice to see you cheering her on. Someone needs to be on her side. Sad to say shes the shitstarter but no one else calls her on it. Too bad you can't see this FACT. And to think I thought you were reasonable.

Matty
10-17-2014, 11:23 AM

MAP: nice to see you cheering her on. Someone needs to be on her side. Sad to say shes the $#@!starter but no one else calls her on it. Too bad you can't see this FACT. And to think I thought you were reasonable.
Tennessee Rain!

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Tennessee Rain!

Lol. Who?

Matty
10-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Lol. Who?

yeah Right.

momsapplepie
10-17-2014, 11:29 AM

MAP: nice to see you cheering her on. Someone needs to be on her side. Sad to say shes the $#@!starter but no one else calls her on it. Too bad you can't see this FACT. And to think I thought you were reasonable.
Oh, I'm more than reasonable. You just don't want to make me mad. I try to avoid that at all costs. It's a message board, and it's not worth dealing with angst over it. I'd rather have real discussions instead of swatting annoying flies who can't discuss a topic reasonably.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Oh, I'm more than reasonable. You just don't want to make me mad. I try to avoid that at all costs. It's a message board, and it's not worth dealing with angst over it. I'd rather have real discussions instead of swatting annoying flies who can't discuss a topic reasonably.
I dont want to make you mad? Threat? Lol internet tough gal. *yawn*

Why dont you say anything to p&s? She continually starts shit. I bet i know the answer to this.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 12:10 PM
yeah Right.

Are you devoid of the capability to be an adult? Im not Tennessee Rain. Did he call you on your childish crap too? I like him already.

momsapplepie
10-17-2014, 12:12 PM
and now back to the topic, The CDC doesn't even know what isolation and quarantine to impose. I've been reading several places where the CDC is saying quarantines should now be 42 days, and that the ebola virus can continue on in a male survivor's system, specifically the semen for up to 90 days.

silvereyes
10-17-2014, 12:24 PM
Thats what i thought. No reprimands for p&s because you were most likely chortling reading her nasty replies. Shocking. Not.

Ebola sucks. Hows that for on topic?

Peter1469
10-17-2014, 12:55 PM
Warning: all stop name calling. Stick to the topic.