PDA

View Full Version : How The Best GOP President Evah Dealt With A Deadly Virus On *His* Watch"

Cigar
10-21-2014, 11:07 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2014/141021-meanwhile-heres-how-the-best-gop-president-evah-dealt-with-a-deadly-virus-on-his-watch.jpg

The White House Press Briefing on October 15 1982

: Larry, does the President have any reaction to the announcement—the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, that AIDS is now an epidemic and have over 600 cases?
MR. SPEAKES: What’s AIDS?
Q: Over a third of them have died. It’s known as “gay plague.” (Laughter.) No, it is. I mean it’s a pretty serious thing that one in every three people that get this have died. And I wondered if the President is aware of it?
MR. SPEAKES: I don’t have it. Do you? (Laughter.)
Q: No, I don’t.
MR. SPEAKES: You didn’t answer my question.
Q: Well, I just wondered, does the President—
MR. SPEAKES: How do you know? (Laughter.)
Q: In other words, the White House looks on this as a great joke?
MR. SPEAKES: No, I don’t know anything about it, Lester.
Q: Does the President, does anybody in the White House know about this epidemic, Larry?
MR. SPEAKES: I don’t think so. I don’t think there’s been any—
Q: Nobody knows?
MR. SPEAKES: There has been no personal experience here, Lester.
Q: No, I mean, I thought you were keeping—
MR. SPEAKES: I checked thoroughly with Dr. Ruge this morning and he’s had no—(laughter)—no patients suffering from AIDS or whatever it is.
Q: The President doesn’t have gay plague, is that what you’re saying or what?
MR. SPEAKES: No, I didn’t say that.
Q: Didn’t say that?
MR. SPEAKES: I thought I heard you on the State Department over there. Why didn’t you stay there? (Laughter.)
Q: Because I love you, Larry, that’s why. (Laughter.)
MR. SPEAKES: Oh, I see. Just don’t put it in those terms, Lester. (Laughter.)
Q: Oh, I retract that.
MR. SPEAKES: I hope so.
Q: It’s too late.

Reagan's AIDS Legacy / Silence equals death (http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Reagan-s-AIDS-Legacy-Silence-equals-death-2751030.php)

... as of Tuesday, October 21st 2014, One (1) individual in the United States of America has died from Ebola

Common Sense
10-21-2014, 11:12 AM
AIDS baiting...

nathanbforrest45
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
Although AIDS was not recognized as a new clinical syndrome until 1981, researchers examining the earlier medical literature identified cases appearing to fit the AIDS surveillance definition as early as the 1950s and 1960s.(12) Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.

In as much as AIDS was present in the United States since the mid 1950's what did Kennedy, Johnson or Carter do about it?

Cigar
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
http://www.tacticalsalestraining.co.uk/cms/uploads/silence_good_anwer.jpg (http://www.tacticalsalestraining.co.uk/blog/article/how-to-use-silence-to-get-more-220)

Cigar
10-21-2014, 11:23 AM
Although AIDS was not recognized as a new clinical syndrome until 1981, researchers examining the earlier medical literature identified cases appearing to fit the AIDS surveillance definition as early as the 1950s and 1960s.(12) Frozen tissue and serum samples were available for one of these possible early AIDS cases, a 15-year-old black male from St. Louis who was hospitalized in 1968 and died of an aggressive, disseminated KS.(13) His tissue and serum specimens were HIV-antibody positive on Western blot and antigen-positive on ELISA. This appears to be the first confirmed case of HIV infection in the United States. The patient had no history of travel out of the country, so it is likely that some other persons in the United States were infected with HIV as long ago as the 1960s, if not earlier.

In as much as AIDS was present in the United States since the mid 1950's what did Kennedy, Johnson or Carter do about it?

Start a Thread about Kennedy, Johnson or Carter ... this Thread is about Reagan and what HE did about AIDS.

Try to keep up sport.

Common Sense
10-21-2014, 11:25 AM

Weak...

nathanbforrest45
10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Start a Thread about Kennedy, Johnson or Carter ... this Thread is about Reagan and what HE did about AIDS.

Try to keep up sport.

Kindly go have sexual intercourse with a goat.

nathanbforrest45
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Weak...

No weaker than his bullfrap

Perianne
10-21-2014, 12:26 PM
Kindly go have sexual intercourse with a goat.

I don't think Cigar is an Arab. :)

Cigar
10-21-2014, 01:05 PM
I don't thin Cigar is an Arab. :)

really ... I'm not interested in nathan's family :grin:

Perianne
10-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Ebola can kill regular people. AIDS was considered a queer disease and was not taken seriously by regular people. It still is not, IMO.

Perianne
10-21-2014, 01:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got my first "$#@!". The thingy must be very sensitive to catch something I type. Que*r is a bad word? Who knew?

nic34
10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Ebola can kill regular people. AIDS was considered a $#@! disease and was not taken seriously by regular people. It still is not, IMO.

Provided you didn't need a blood transfusion...

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 03:04 PM
AIDS was a gay and intravenous drug users disease and the country is better off without both.

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 03:05 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got my first "$#@!". The thingy must be very sensitive to catch something I type. Que*r is a bad word? Who knew?

Queer is not a "bad" word, just descriptive.

Common Sense
10-21-2014, 03:12 PM
AIDS was a gay and intravenous drug users disease and the country is better off without both.

Charming.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
Reagan increased AIDS funding requests from $8 million in 1982 to $26.5 million in 1983, which Congress bumped to $44 million, a number that doubled every year thereafter during his presidency. And what has Obama done ??

Blackrook
10-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Cigar is trying to deflect from the failings of his hero, Obama, who he loves for only one reason, which is he is the same race as himself.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Reagan increased AIDS funding requests from $8 million in 1982 to $26.5 million in 1983, which Congress bumped to $44 million, a number that doubled every year thereafter during his presidency. And what has Obama done ??

Kick the Crap out of Republicans :laugh:

Cigar
10-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Cigar is trying to deflect from the failings of his hero, Obama, who he loves for only one reason, which is he is the same race as himself.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/128/208/1208128.gif (http://miami.247sports.com/ImageUrl/1208128?View=Detailed)

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Charming.

Charming but true.

Bob
10-22-2014, 12:01 AM

Try to keep up sport.

What is your point?

So far, you gave the view of some reporter and Speakes.

Why don't you check out what C. Everette Koop had to say on this and when he said it. It was his job to deal with such matters.

When Doctors saw it, it was spots on the skin. A lot of people have spots on the skin as they age.

I did my research on this in the 1990s and fought democrats who tried to blame Reagan for diseases gotten inside SF bath houses. SF shut them down with the homosexuals raising holy hell as if they simply did not care.

Bob
10-22-2014, 12:09 AM

It was news here in the SF Bay area and I have leveled every democrat that blasted Reagan and showed them he did things correctly.

But what did homosexuals do? They got sick. You might think they would self govern themselves and stop the promiscuous behavior. But if you study the events around the San Francisco Homosexual bath houses, you find out what actually took place.