PDA

View Full Version : In Mary Landrieu’s world, a $2.5 million house is ‘not a mansion’

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 02:35 PM
In Mary Landrieu’s world, a $2.5 million house is ‘not a mansion’

By Kevin Rogers - The Washington Times - Monday, October 20, 2014

Sen. Mary Landrieu, Louisiana Democrat, attacked her Republican opponent Rep. Bill Cassidy for owning a large, lakefront home in the state this weekend while downplaying the perks of her home in Washington, D.C.

In video obtained by the conservative tracking group America Rising PAC, Ms. Landrieu, in the middle of her attack on Mr. Cassidy, called a friend to the stage to describe her humble, $2.5-million abode as “a town home, not a mansion.”

But Ms. Landrieu failed to note the full dimensions of the house. America Rising PAC reports the house is 7,316 square feet, featuring five bathrooms, two dishwashers and 82 sprinkler heads, according to plumbing permits.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/20/in-mary-landrieus-world-a-25-million-house-is-not-/

When voting in November.....remember "In Mary Landrieu’s world, a $2.5 million house is ‘not a mansion’

Only 7,316 sq feet? A mere shack! I wonder how many sq feet it takes before she considers it a mansion. The square footage of the average American home is 2,392, three times smaller than Mary Landrieu's house. But, her house isn't a mansion AND it's not even in Louisiana, it's in Washington, D.C.

Landrieu claims parents’ home as her own, raising questions of Louisiana residency

By Philip Rucker August 28

NEW ORLEANS — In Washington, Sen. Mary Landrieu lives in a stately, $2.5 million brick manse she and her husband built on Capitol Hill.

Here in Louisiana, however, the Democrat does not have a home of her own. She is registered to vote at a large bungalow in New Orleans that her parents have lived in for many decades, according to a Washington Post review of Landrieu’s federal financial disclosures and local property and voting records.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/landrieu-claims-parents-home-as-her-own-raising-questions-of-louisiana-residency/2014/08/28/423d8552-2e08-11e4-9b98-848790384093_story.html

I'm sure she knows everything going on in her state from 1500 miles away by closely monitoring Facebook and Twitter. Sheeeez, it appears she doesn't even live in the state she represents, why does she even bother pretending she lives there anymore? 50 years ago Ronald Reagan warned of this happening......

"Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves." -Ronald Reagan - A Time for Choosing - 1964

I think Mary Landrieu IS one of the little intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol that think they can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves? Louisiana do you think Mary Landrieu can plan your life for you better than you can plan them yourselves? Tell her in the voting booth Nov 4th.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Actually there's a few just a few blocks from me ... and no they are not Mansions

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 03:02 PM
We're talking Washington D.C., not the slums of Detroit.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 03:50 PM
We're talking Washington D.C., not the slums of Detroit.

When did you move to Detroit?

donttread
10-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Actually there's a few just a few blocks from me ... and no they are not Mansions

7,600 square feet ain't a cozy little ranch either. Bottom line is that almost nobody in DC has ever had to want for anything

Redrose
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM

I agree, that price point in DC is not considered excessive, proves how out of touch that town is. A 7200 sq ft home is no small home by any means and I'm sure she doesn't clean it herself. Our politicians, both sides, are way out of touch with the average American. I blame us, the voter, we keep electing these insensitive elitists.

Blackrook
10-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Congressmen are almost all millionaires and they got that way by selling their votes, graft and corruption.

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 11:18 PM
When did you move to Detroit?

I live in the mountains of So Cal.

Peter1469
10-22-2014, 06:07 AM
7200 sq feet is very large for Capitol Hill.