PDA

View Full Version : Serious Political Question for Republicans: Will Nov 2014 be the Pinnacle GOP Voters

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:04 PM
I'm serious, if The GOP doesn't gain a larger portion of Hispanic, Black, Youth, LGBT and Woman Voters in a few more weeks, will they have the time to influence the demographics for the 2016 Election.

Considering that will be an additional couple years of New Voters and Voting Rules.

I seriously would like your thoughts

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 04:13 PM
2016 should be the year of the gop...but they can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't think they have recognized that the vocal members who support more social issues in the platform may not represent the majority of voters. I'm still looking for a candidate who isn't interested in making personal decisions for me while also is not interested in spending all of my $$$.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
2016 should be the year of the gop...but they can still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I don't think they have recognized that the vocal members who support more social issues in the platform may not represent the majority of voters. I'm still looking for a candidate who isn't interested in making personal decisions for me while also is not interested in spending all of my $$$.

That's the part I can't understand ... exactly what policy or issue will The GOP support that means anything to a Voter who will change from Democrat to Republican?

Chris
10-21-2014, 04:19 PM
So far as I can see people are tired of Obama's policy failures, the Reps will take the Senate and hold the House.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:21 PM
So far as I can see people are tired of Obama's policy failures, the Reps will take the Senate and hold the House.

Really ... which ones?

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I expect them to take the house & senate...but not so sure about the presidency. I think more people are thinking independently and not inclined to support a platform that contains issues they don't go along with. too many people are disgusted with both major parties...imho

2 years of repub control will demonstrate how they run things...instead of blaming their actions/inaction on others....

Bob
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
2016 can still be full of surprises. I think persuading blacks, hispanics and so forth their best place to vote is for republicans is a lot easier than democrats admit.

We can show them what the Democrats did for them and win going away. Democrats are furious they expected a lot but got nothing. Even the ACA costs money they may not have. And they are funneled into government selected places for health. Wait till they learn how government manages those places.

I am using Medicare and Medicare decides what they will pay for. My doctor can request a service to save my life and Medicare can simply turn him down.

Chris
10-21-2014, 04:45 PM
I expect them to take the house & senate...but not so sure about the presidency. I think more people are thinking independently and not inclined to support a platform that contains issues they don't go along with. too many people are disgusted with both major parties...imho

2 years of repub control will demonstrate how they run things...instead of blaming their actions/inaction on others....

Better divided, less gets done.

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 04:49 PM
if they win both houses next month, they will have some heavy explaining in 2 years if nothing changes...could be interesting.

Chris
10-21-2014, 04:50 PM

But we already know that...

Obama Is a Republican: He’s the heir to Richard Nixon, not Saul Alinsky. (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/obama-is-a-republican/)

...According to exit polls in 2008, Obama ended up with 20 percent of the conservative vote. Even in 2012, after four years of relentless conservative attacks, he still got 17 percent of the conservative vote, with 11 percent of Tea Party supporters saying they cast their ballots for Obama.

They were not wrong. In my opinion, Obama has governed as a moderate conservative—essentially as what used to be called a liberal Republican before all such people disappeared from the GOP. He has been conservative to exactly the same degree that Richard Nixon basically governed as a moderate liberal, something no conservative would deny today. (Ultra-leftist Noam Chomsky recently called Nixon “the last liberal president.”)

...<snip, evidence in policies>

Matty
10-21-2014, 04:55 PM
if they win both houses next month, they will have some heavy explaining in 2 years if nothing changes...could be interesting.
Not while doofus has his pen and his phone!

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 05:01 PM
It will be difficult to explain why nothing gets done...or even tried to do.

Professor Peabody
10-21-2014, 11:22 PM
I'm serious, if The GOP doesn't gain a larger portion of Hispanic, Black, Youth, LGBT and Woman Voters in a few more weeks, will they have the time to influence the demographics for the 2016 Election.

Considering that will be an additional couple years of New Voters and Voting Rules.

I seriously would like your thoughts

:grin: Too funny! The demographics you cited make up less than 40% of the population that votes Democrat no matter what. Why should Republicans pander to them?

Redrose
10-22-2014, 12:13 AM
I think if the GOP was better at getting their message out it would be quite easy, but for some reason they are unable to sell their position. Only die hard political junkies like myself really follow their platform and understand what they represent. That is not enough to get them elected. They need to communiucate better. I truly believe the GOP agenda is better for the country, women, minorities, healthcare etc. but between the left leaning media not representing the GOP message accurately and their own communication failures, it's an uphill battle. Too many voters believe the partisan rhetoric and never delve into the real meat of the issues, they are either too busy, too lazy, too unable to grasp it, or just too unwilling to follow anything political. They want their politics in 140 characters.

Matty
10-22-2014, 12:19 AM
I am trying to tell you if the congress is R and doofus vetoes what they do you won't hear the asswipe democrats screaming about obstruction.

PolWatch
10-22-2014, 12:20 AM
I really think most people form their opinions from 60 second commercials. 24 hours news sources rely on working up interest in non-issues that have little to no bearing what is really going on. I'm just surprised we don't actually elect some unhappy suburban housewife or one of their scummy husbands.

Chris
10-22-2014, 06:43 AM

They have a ready-made excuse if Obama vetoes.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 06:48 AM
Its very obvious the Republican Party should do the right thing and totally disband. It should give all of its collected funds to the Democrats and Republicans should voluntarily go into permanent exile in Ebola infested Africa.

Happy now Cigar??

Mac-7
10-22-2014, 07:22 AM

2016 has been assigned to Hillary as her year by the lib news media.

Due to the growth of minorities and single white woman who depend on government to be the daddy and husband they never had democrats do have the edge.

which is bad news for America.

PolWatch
10-22-2014, 07:26 AM
Voting history shows that 2 terms by one party is usually followed by a change to the other party. We like to give all the political idiots a chance to **** us over!

Chris
10-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Voting history shows that 2 terms by one party is usually followed by a change to the other party. We like to give all the political idiots a chance to **** us over!

http://i.snag.gy/fWri8.jpg