PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Profits Plunge 30 Percent

Common
10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
McDonalds and Walmarts profits are down considerably, both are the low wage no benefit screw your employees queens of the profit seekers.

Where ya going now you two skanks, cant bleed your workers anymore cant squeeze another nickel out of them. Personally it couldnt happen to two more rotten corporations both of whom have people that work for them on taxpayer paid FOODSTAMPS they use taxpayers to subsidize their payroll

Oct 21 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp reported a 30 percent fall in quarterly profit due to a food scandal in China and tough competition in the United States, and the world's largest restaurant chain said these factors were expected to hurt current-quarter results.

The company's shares fell 2 percent in premarket trading after it also said it expected a fall in same-restaurant sales for October.

McDonald's U.S. and global comparable sales fell by a steeper-than-expected 3.3 percent in the third quarter.

The company has been struggling in the U.S. market, where the fast food it helped pioneer is falling out of favor, with customers choosing healthier options available at chains such as Chipotle Mexican Grill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/21/mcdonalds-sales_n_6020872.html

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:18 PM
I drove my their corporate office last week ... didn't look busy :laugh:

Matty
10-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Means job loss! I'm glad you cheer for job loss.

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Nasty Crap ... only the Fries and Shakes are good

Cigar
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Means job loss! I'm glad you cheer for job loss.

Well living in the State were McDog Crap begain ... I can tell yea I've never seen one closed

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 04:20 PM
maybe people have figured out that their food isn't good to feed the kiddies all the time! Nice if a generation grew up eating real food (those green things called vegetables)

Chris
10-21-2014, 04:21 PM
Schadenfreude.

Ethereal
Yea, it'd be better if they didn't hire any workers at all.

Ransom
Dozens of fast food workers have been arrested at protests around the country where they are demanding higher pay at popular restaurants such as McDonald's, Burger King and Domino's.
Fast food workers in New York City, Chicago, Detroit and possibly more cities were arrested for blocking traffic in front of restaurants early Thursday morning, while thousands more continued protesting peacefully, according to news reports.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/business-a-lobbying/216594-fast-food-workers-take-to-the-streets-for-15-minimum

:biglaugh:

nic34
10-21-2014, 04:23 PM
maybe people have figured out that their food isn't good to feed the kiddies all the time! Nice if a generation grew up eating real food (those green things called vegetables)

Be good if we could get them to "unplug" once in a while too.....

Ethereal
10-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Is there any place in the economy for low wage jobs? Or do some of you believe they simply shouldn't exist at all?

PolWatch
10-21-2014, 04:28 PM
imho: any wages are better than none...but keep in mind, my first job was at a 5&10 store for .57 per hour.

Perianne
10-21-2014, 04:30 PM
I worked minimum wage, or thereabouts, for a couple of years while in college.

Matty
10-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Is there any place in the economy for low wage jobs? Or do some of you believe they simply shouldn't exist at all?

The far left wants a guaranteed 20 bucks an hour whether they work or not. And they want you, the Taxpayer to give it to them.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 05:21 PM
McDonalds and Walmarts profits are down considerably, both are the low wage no benefit screw your employees queens of the profit seekers.

Where ya going now you two skanks, cant bleed your workers anymore cant squeeze another nickel out of them. Personally it couldnt happen to two more rotten corporations both of whom have people that work for them on taxpayer paid FOODSTAMPS they use taxpayers to subsidize their payroll

Oct 21 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp reported a 30 percent fall in quarterly profit due to a food scandal in China and tough competition in the United States, and the world's largest restaurant chain said these factors were expected to hurt current-quarter results.

The company's shares fell 2 percent in premarket trading after it also said it expected a fall in same-restaurant sales for October.

McDonald's U.S. and global comparable sales fell by a steeper-than-expected 3.3 percent in the third quarter.

The company has been struggling in the U.S. market, where the fast food it helped pioneer is falling out of favor, with customers choosing healthier options available at chains such as Chipotle Mexican Grill.

Hey Target and Whole Foods profits are down 30 and 40% why ain't you bally-hooing theor losses too ??

Matty
10-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Hey Target and Whole Foods profits are down 30 and 40% why ain't you bally-hooing theor losses too ??
He a lefty.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 05:42 PM
He a lefty. I'm sure Common will "split the scene" as they said back in the day.

Blackrook
10-21-2014, 05:59 PM
I don't see why you are gloating over the losses suffered by American businesses who employ Americans. Maybe you want everyone to be unemployed and dependent on welfare.

donttread
10-21-2014, 06:04 PM

I can only hope that the businesses stealing market share are local small businesses. Otherwise its the same shit different day.

Blackrook
10-21-2014, 06:10 PM
We can just outlaw all jobs that don't require an advanced degree and pay at least $100,000 per year.

Common
10-21-2014, 06:36 PM

Didnt know about them yet, and target pays more than walmart and has more fulltime workers and their business model is alot more customer service friendly.

This isnt about min wage its about corporations that take advantage of their workers. Walmart gives seminars on how to apply for food stamps and encourages employees to have food drives for other employees. Thats unreal to me.

The good side is now they have no where to go but to the top, theyve stripped their workers of everything they can, they cant milk them for anything else. What are they going to do now

Common
10-21-2014, 06:38 PM
I don't see why you are gloating over the losses suffered by American businesses who employ Americans. Maybe you want everyone to be unemployed and dependent on welfare.

The rights broken record, Oh my the job creators the poor job creators. Walmart is a predator a greedy pig at the trough slophouse of chinese crap that raped its employees till theres nothing left.

The 6 waltons have more than the entire bottom 42% of all americans.

Captain Obvious
10-21-2014, 06:50 PM
I could care less about McDonald's profits, fuck them.

But, when we start subsidizing unskilled labor wages, that's a significant free market imbalance.

McDonalds is not a career, it's a stepping stone.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 06:58 PM
Didnt know about them yet, and target pays more than walmart and has more fulltime workers and their business model is alot more customer service friendly.

This isnt about min wage its about corporations that take advantage of their workers. Walmart gives seminars on how to apply for food stamps and encourages employees to have food drives for other employees. Thats unreal to me.

The good side is now they have no where to go but to the top, theyve stripped their workers of everything they can, they cant milk them for anything else. What are they going to do now
http://www.google.com/search?safe=off&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=target+employee+food+stamps
Target's in the top Common. You want to bally-hoo all fine, to just pick out two is obsessive. Did wally-world fire you or somethin ??

Chris
10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
The rights broken record, Oh my the job creators the poor job creators. Walmart is a predator a greedy pig at the trough slophouse of chinese crap that raped its employees till theres nothing left.

And you are the left's broken record.

Common
10-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Seems Chris and Hangar still cant fathom an original thought :) they still have to try and resort to veiled insults and right wing talking points.
I will respectfully remove myself from this conversation. :)

Bob
10-21-2014, 09:08 PM
I am sure McDonalds has a lot of Democratic owners.

Say, had they paid more wages, the profits would have perhaps vanished. Do those children working for McDonalds have families to feed?

Bob
10-21-2014, 09:16 PM

Democrats make the rules and the Federal law mandates $7.25. Were I a democrat, i sure would not brag about $7.25 per hour.

McDonalds wages are typically $8.09 for a starting crewmember, the lowest wage earner.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/McDonald-s-Salaries-E432.htm

Some stores start at $8.30 per hour.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Seems Chris and Hangar still cant fathom an original thought :) they still have to try and resort to veiled insults and right wing talking points.

Well I see you haven't changed Common. You"re still the whinie little cry baby when someone steps on your OP and preconcieved notions. Learn to argue your points and quit whining when someone disagrees.

hanger4
10-21-2014, 10:13 PM

And BTW those "right wing talking points" are points you've never refuted before you respectfully remove yourself from a conversation.

Common
10-21-2014, 10:39 PM
And BTW those "right wing talking points" are points you've never refuted before you respectfully remove yourself from a conversation.

I dont play games, I posted about McDonalds and you want to bring up target, thats fine. I decided to let you talk about what you want.
I extracted my self from the conversation more for this statement than anything you said

That coming from the number 1 troll broken record on the forum but I dont have the desire to engage in that silly crap so I bowed out instead of responding to Mr Chris

hanger4
10-22-2014, 06:24 AM
I dont play games, I posted about McDonalds and you want to bring up target, thats fine. I decided to let you talk about what you want.
I extracted my self from the conversation more for this statement than anything you said

That coming from the number 1 troll broken record on the forum but I dont have the desire to engage in that silly crap so I bowed out instead of responding to Mr Chris

Then ignore Chris via button or not, running away a point does not make. All these low pay jobs you complain about are entry level jobs for the uneducated and or the inexperienced.

Ransom
10-22-2014, 08:21 AM
Be good if we could get them to "unplug" once in a while too.....

Parenting. Most of them don't pay their 'plugged in' bill either, so......you play, you pay. Instead, 'plugged' has become a babysitter as well.

Ransom
10-22-2014, 08:25 AM

Reminded of the fan who sits and criticizes players and coaching and leadership of both teams. When asked who the fan supports.....it's "oh, I don't have a team." No dog in the fight, doesn't think his vote matters.....but thinks his criticisms then mean something to actual reality. Silly rabbit, criticism is for voters only.

Chris
10-22-2014, 08:31 AM
Reminded of the fan who sits and criticizes players and coaching and leadership of both teams. When asked who the fan supports.....it's "oh, I don't have a team." No dog in the fight, doesn't think his vote matters.....but thinks his criticisms then mean something to actual reality. Silly rabbit, criticism is for voters only.

What are you babbling about now, ransom?

Captain Obvious
10-22-2014, 08:33 AM

It's after breakfast and he hasn't had his insulin shot yet.

Ransom
10-22-2014, 08:39 AM

People who remind me of you, Fence Sitter.

Chris
10-22-2014, 09:00 AM
People who remind me of you, Fence Sitter.

So you're reduced to silly name calling. That's impressive.

Captain Obvious
10-22-2014, 09:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJo0MT3wDBs

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 09:49 AM
Nasty Crap ... only the Fries and Shakes are good

I just don't understand the mindset of those who find everything distasteful. Don't like their food, don't put in it your mouth. See how simple that really is?

If McDonald's is losing money because they pay their workers the same as every other fast food chain in the known universe how would raising their cost of doing business help them? If they paid their workers $15.00 an hour would the quality increase?

What mindless buffoons.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 09:51 AM

You got it.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 09:53 AM

Target also has fewer workers per store and your customer friendly is pure bull excrement. Its almost impossible to find anyone in a store who knows anything at all about their department.

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 09:55 AM

Everyone can bring a smile to your face. Some when they enter a room and some when they leave.

So, thanks for the :smiley:

Chris
10-22-2014, 10:20 AM
What original thought?

nathanbforrest45
10-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Its criminal the way Walmart and McDonalds breaks into people's homes in the middle of the night, kidnaps them and forces them to work under such hellish conditions. There ought to be a law.