PDA

View Full Version : The New Guy

Deadwood
05-19-2012, 01:16 PM
My friend Trinnity invited me here...

As a former peace activist and 25 years as a journalist I am convinced of few things; among the certainties, though, is that if it's government funded, it's wasteful and if it's government run it's just stupid.

Conley
05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Welcome F&L, great to have you here and your history helps me understand where you're coming from when you call out the journalists of today.

Deadwood
05-19-2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome F&L, great to have you here and your history helps me understand where you're coming from when you call out the journalists of today.

Like the phrase "television news", "journalists of today" is an oxy moron.

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi sweetie, you darlin', svelte hunka man. W00T :grin:

Peter1469
05-19-2012, 01:31 PM
welcome

ramone
05-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Like the phrase "television news", "journalists of today" is an oxy moron.

I can agree with that. Welcome and I look forward to reading your postings.

Deadwood
05-19-2012, 01:52 PM
Ha! That photo was 15 lbs ago!

I'm hot now! Wait till I get a shot of me in shorts!

MMC
05-19-2012, 03:25 PM
You know what they say F&L.....All the World is a Stage. :toothy1: :wink:

Captain Obvious
05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Couldn't fit "in Las Vegas" on the end of that moniker, huh?

Welcome, glad you're here.

Captain Obvious
05-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I think we're going to have to pay Trinnity finders fees.

Goldie Locks
05-19-2012, 08:21 PM
F&L... so glad to see ya!!! Welcome buddy!!!

Goldie Locks
05-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I think we're going to have to pay Trinnity finders fees.

That's OK...she's cheap...LOL....shhhhh

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I think we're going to have to pay Trinnity finders fees.Nope. Shoot the Goose invited me. And then he got Goldielocks and eVe to join. That got the ball rolling.
I liked the place and invited some of my friends.

Shoot the Goose found the place first. He's why we're all here. I thank him.

But thanks anyway, Cap.
I know you from way back and you're a cutie-pie.
Edgy tho~

Captain Obvious
05-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Edgy - hah!

Where in NC are you? I've spent a fair amount of time in different parts of the state, just curious.

I did a job in the Lumberton/Elizabethtown area and did some stuff up in Raleigh and I spend summer vacations down on Hatteras.

Conley
05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Roadmaster is another of our ladies from North Carolina, not sure whereabouts though. I spent a few summers in the OBX, loved it.

Trinnity
05-20-2012, 07:48 AM
Edgy - hah!

Where in NC are you? I've spent a fair amount of time in different parts of the state, just curious.

I did a job in the Lumberton/Elizabethtown area and did some stuff up in Raleigh and I spend summer vacations down on Hatteras.Near Lake Gaston. That's as specific as I'm gonna get. And yes, NC beaches are beautiful and soaked in history.

Calypso Jones
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Hey Trin. I was graduated from North Carolina Wesleyan. The Captain (my husband) went to Campbell U). I love hatteras too. We stay at Avon now. What's your favorite spot in Hatteras, Cap't O?

Conley
05-20-2012, 09:42 AM
:laugh: Another woman from North Carolina? Cool.

Captain Obvious
05-20-2012, 09:47 AM
We stay in Avon, on the sound side.

I have a 4x4 that we use to drive down onto the beach, it's easier than renting an ocean front and lugging all your shit down there plus the beaches are much less crowded (not that any of them are over-crowded) up or down the road.

Frank and Fran rule.

Calypso Jones
05-20-2012, 09:52 AM
oh gosh. we stay at the Sands of Time RV Campground on that road behind the Firehouse. That's the sound side too but the Captain loves fishing on shore so that's where we hang.

Captain Obvious
05-20-2012, 09:57 AM
oh gosh. we stay at the Sands of Time RV Campground on that road behind the Firehouse. That's the sound side too but the Captain loves fishing on shore so that's where we hang.

Yeah, we're skipping the beach this year, maybe the second time we've done that in close to 30 years of going down there. Just had too much shit going on with locating and relocating (long story), but who knows, maybe we'll squeeze one out before the end of summer.

Rentals have been down for a number of reasons I think, I could probably snag a rental at the last minute.

I used to do a lot of fishing from the surf, still do a little but summer's a tough time to fish. All we get are those little croakers. Caught a 6' hammerhead off the surf of Avon about 20 years ago. We charter boats every now and then for mackerel and tuna.

a777pilot
05-20-2012, 10:09 AM
My friend Trinnity invited me here...

As a former peace activist and 25 years as a journalist I am convinced of few things; among the certainties, though, is that if it's government funded, it's wasteful and if it's government run it's just stupid.

Welcome. I too am here at the invitation of Trinnity.

Quick question: What is a peace activist? What do they do?

MMC
05-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome. I too am here at the invitation of Trinnity.

Quick question: What is a peace activist? What do they do?

I don't know about an actual peace activist. But if Obama is considered one. Then I guess it means one is into humani-terrorism, and then that one drops bombs on people. When all is said and done. Then it's nice and peaceful there. :wink: :grin: