PDA

View Full Version : Just dropping a line

KSigMason
05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
I recognize a few names here already, but for those who haven't had the misfortune of meeting me I am the KSigMason. My name is derived from two groups I am involved with: Kappa Sigma = KSig and Freemasonry = Mason. Most refer to me as KSig or Sig at times.

I'm staunch in my beliefs. I am a mix between libertarian and conservative beliefs and would often be considered "right wing", but often liberals give me some kudos for my beliefs. I am Christian, but I'm fairly liberal in those views as I have some gnostic views in my Christian faith, but I follow Christ nonetheless. I am a big fan of the writings of Adam Smith, Robert Nozick, John Locke, and Edmund Burke. My views have been shaped by my upbringing by my cop father and nurse mother, my time in the military, my deployments to Iraq, my time as a college student, and life in general. As I post you'll see my views.

In Kappa Sigma, I have been House Manager and Treasurer. Now that I am back in school pursuing a Bachelors in International Relations (going into my Junior year at Boise State University - GO BRONCOS), I am the VP of my Chapter.

In the Masons, I am extremely involved. I joined in 2006 and by 2009 I was Master of my Lodge and I am currently Master of the Lodge of Research. I also sit on various committees at the Grand Lodge level (state level) I joined one of the side branches called the York Rite where I have presided over the Royal Arch and am currently presiding over the Council of Cryptic Masons. I am also 2nd in command for the Masonic Knights Templar in Boise. I also sit as an officer for the Grand Chapter of Royal Arch Masons (the state level). I am also a member of some invitation-only bodies in the York Rite, most notably the York Rite College and this Saturday, I will be initiated into the Red Cross of Constantine. I am also a 32nd degree Scottish Rite Mason as well as an officer in the Order of the Eastern Star. I also assist with some of the Masonic youth groups. I also belong to several Masonic research organizations such as the Grand College of Rites and the Ohio Asylum of Research.

When I have some spare time I run a blog called the Traveling Templar - link is in my signature block.

ramone
05-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Welcome, good to have you here. :) I'm staunch in my beliefs as well, should make for interesting conversation.

Trinnity
05-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Good to see you buddy.

Conley
05-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Welcome KSigMason, good to have some young blood in here!

MMC
05-19-2012, 03:40 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4897547455037960&pid=1.1

Greetings KSigMason.....Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant. :yo2:

Captain Obvious
05-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Welcome, glad you're here.