PDA

View Full Version : CHICAGO"S BATTLE Against Youth Mobs.....

MMC
08-12-2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.politicalhotwire.com/general-political-discussion/57391-chicago-s-battle-against-youth-mobs.html

Philadelphia is not alone. Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Chicago, and other big cities have experienced mob attacks by hordes of teenagers in recent months
Some cities dealt with "flash robs"-- store robberies that are organized using Twitter and Facebook. In another type of attack, called "knockout king," teens compete to knock out an unsuspecting victim with a single punch.

One of the Chicago attacks occurred Saturday night at Water Tower Place, which is in the center of the business corridor
"There were a series of shoplifting incidents starting around the beginning of the year. There is a mix of retail theft -- it was a big issue for the merchants in downtown Chicago -- but you had these so-called wilding, gooning, whatever attacks on innocent people who are just on the street," he said.

Main says Chicago's response, including putting police officers on trains to follow groups of unruly young people, has helped reduce the number of attacks. And, like Philadelphia and other cities, Chicago is strongly enforcing its curfew, he said.
"They're monitoring cameras that are all networked downtown ... to look for problems, and there's been kind of a message that's been sent out to people who do this, that: 'We're watching you and we'll crack down on you,'" he said.....snip~

Seems we are starting to experience the same sort of thing that they are in England. Plus as the AP points out they started in the poorer sections of the city and have moved down to the buisness section and right off the lakefront. These are not gangs either. As already there has been an incident involving these flash-mobs of youth and a run-in with some real gangs members. Of course here it turned into a shooting. What all around here were wondering was why it was not put into any of the newspapers. Especially if these mobs have no problem even targeting some gang-bangers. Chicago Wont put up with any of this taking place with the Magnificent Mile and in the downtown sections of the city.

Already Most buisnesses on the South-side of the city are protected with coverings to prevent any easy access looting. Plus Chicago has a past when it comes to dealing with riots, including real gang type riots. Well I should say the Chicago Police that is.....still are we seeing what is taking place in England yet it just comes off differently here in the US? As we do have the factor of those that carry and will defend their properties and of those around them much moreso than those in the UK do. Seems it is spreading all across the country. Althought I am sure their police forces could learn somthing from ours. But I doubt any system is really prepared for whole populations of neighborhodds to rise up and riot.

Also I was listening to some report about kids being out of highschool. Graduates that have not been able to find jobs in the last 2-3 yrs. That it is like unprecedented with the breakdown as to jobs being available to those that have no experience and are stepping out into the world. Also college kids and moving back home with parents etc etc. Yet using Facebook and phones to set up these flash robberies wouldn't that be like pre-meditated? Setting up and choosing a target.

I had put up the thread on the UK asking the US for assistance to deal with gangs. Yet this type of mobbing is not how Gang-crime units work in taking down gangs and or organizations. Complete difference on the how to approach than dealing with rioters. Still here with the beat-downs they are taking something. Watches, Wallets, and even just cellphones. Thoughts?

Mister D
08-12-2011, 12:21 PM
None of this is new except perhaps for how the "youths" refer to their predations.

Conley
08-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I think it's new in terms of the organization involved, though I have read and probably believe myself that these reports of using Twitter and Facebook are probably overblown. It also pisses me off that these hoodlums have nicer phones than I do ::)

Mister D
08-12-2011, 12:40 PM
I think it's new in terms of the organization involved, though I have read and probably believe myself that these reports of using Twitter and Facebook are probably overblown. It also pisses me off that these hoodlums have nicer phones than I do ::)

Yeah, the role of techonology is probably new but this stuff has been going on for decades now.

Conley
08-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I suppose it has. Maybe it is just that the media reports it more frequently now and we have better access to the information. Seeing the broken leg of that woman in Philly really made the violence and randomness of it hit home.

MMC
08-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah but its not just Chicago other big cities are experiencing the same problems.....think it has to do with what they were talking about with kids not geting jobs and all. Plus for a pack of them to try and jump a couple of gangbangers. What does that tell ya?

Chicago has imposed a curfew.....got the city cameras rolling to. Metra trains have put more of their cops. Plus they are like puting up cameras all over the place. People are all starting to get into the camera thing. Businesses and homes. Surveillance and security over freedom. :o

Mister D
08-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Yeah but its not just Chicago other big cities are experiencing the same problems.....think it has to do with what they were talking about with kids not geting jobs and all. Plus for a pack of them to try and jump a couple of gangbangers. What does that tell ya?

Chicago has imposed a curfew.....got the city cameras rolling to. Metra trains have put more of their cops. Plus they are like puting up cameras all over the place. People are all starting to get into the camera thing. Businesses and homes. Surveillance and security over freedom. :o

I don't know what being unemployed has to do with pointless and random violence but some of these savages need to getr plugged. That will hopefully send the message that there could severe consequences...

Conley
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Seems the only thing these guys respect is violence...so be it, if that's the only way to get through to them. I don't see any alternative.

Mister D
08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Seems the only thing these guys respect is violence...so be it, if that's the only way to get through to them. I don't see any alternative.

It sounds harsh but it would seem a lot less harsh if it's your life they are threatening. Hmmm spend a few weeks in the hospital or blast one of these kids...Not a tough choice for me. Not saying I'm a tough guy and I'd probably shoot more out of fear than anything else but are we supposed to accept physical assaults?

MMC
08-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Yeah.....the bangers shot-em up. That was in the Englewood District too. Lot of gang Shootings there. Chicago has put more foot patrols out to. But Emanuel started that long before this began to take place.

Something wrong with youths if they trying to hurt old women and knock them out. Plus you may see footage of other civilians helping out. It's Chicago, someone will pull a gun. Then it's going to be in the news about some youths that were shot. What a scenario to have 6 or 7 people coming rushing at you. Better be quick with decision making.

I just saw IPMAN 2 with Donnie Yen.....it's the story of the Man who taught Bruce Lee. I was laughing cuz in the movie. Some guy asks IPman what do you do if 10 people start something with him. LOL IPMAN.....laughed and told him......run. Get away and out their way. Thats great for those young whipper-snappers. I gots to play it more like SinBad the Comedian said.....move out the way kinda like at the last second. Like I said before I don't do much running at 60.

It's all new to me to.....having to think about and worry about medical shit. Never really gave such any main focus. Not even when I hit 50. Still I keep myself in shape. I just dont run. Not that I can't. Probably couldnt do so for a long period of time anyways. Still, I don't get them trying to attack people who are out jogging and carrying nothing but some headphones and or a cell phone. Is it a break down of society that just adds to the others?

Conley
08-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I think we are all born animals. Our parents and society civilize us. If you remove a good upbringing and allow bad behavior to go unchecked without penalty then I think you end up with these kinds of savages. I would suggest the problem begins at home. There is a definite correlation between the packs of African-American kids roaming the street and the fact that none of them have a father at home that should be whoopin dat ass.

hellraiser
08-12-2011, 01:48 PM
they are not savages they are humans we are all the same color under our skin. :)

Mister D
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah.....the bangers shot-em up. That was in the Englewood District too. Lot of gang Shootings there. Chicago has put more foot patrols out to. But Emanuel started that long before this began to take place.

Something wrong with youths if they trying to hurt old women and knock them out. Plus you may see footage of other civilians helping out. It's Chicago, someone will pull a gun. Then it's going to be in the news about some youths that were shot. What a scenario to have 6 or 7 people coming rushing at you. Better be quick with decision making.

I just saw IPMAN 2 with Donnie Yen.....it's the story of the Man who taught Bruce Lee. I was laughing cuz in the movie. Some guy asks IPman what do you do if 10 people start something with him. LOL IPMAN.....laughed and told him......run. Get away and out their way. Thats great for those young whipper-snappers. I gots to play it more like SinBad the Comedian said.....move out the way kinda like at the last second. Like I said before I don't do much running at 60.

It's all new to me to.....having to think about and worry about medical shit. Never really gave such any main focus. Not even when I hit 50. Still I keep myself in shape. I just dont run. Not that I can't. Probably couldnt do so for a long period of time anyways. Still, I don't get them trying to attack people who are out jogging and carrying nothing but some headphones and or a cell phone. Is it a break down of society that just adds to the others?

I'm not sure what it is but these communities would do well to ask themselves exactly why they produce so many anti-social savages. We know it can't be desperate poverty...

Mister D
08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
they are not savages they are humans we are all the same color under our skin. :)

In order to be a savage you have to be human, hellraiser.

MMC
08-12-2011, 04:24 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1078992371919&id=11e4b5d8465702c3d7fc8a3696d5bfc2&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.wearysloth.com%2fGallery%2fAc torsS%2f15368.gif

What you mean we are all related to John Savage.....not me brutha. >:D

DGUtley
05-15-2023, 04:16 AM
Still battling....

Chicago teen mob takes over downtown • wild gas station fight • Facebook settlement (fox32chicago.com) (https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/week-in-review-chicago-teen-mob-gas-station-fight-facebook)

hanger4
05-15-2023, 07:12 AM
Still battling....

Chicago teen mob takes over downtown • wild gas station fight • Facebook settlement (fox32chicago.com) (https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/week-in-review-chicago-teen-mob-gas-station-fight-facebook)

And always will. Wouldn't be surprised if the gangs vote and intimidate others to vote for the eyes wide shut soft on crime leftists.