PDA

View Full Version : FaceBk bans mom posting pix of newborn with severe deformities

Calypso Jones
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/facebook-bans-mother-for-posting-photos-of-baby-born-with-severe-birth-defect/

Little Boy lived for only 8 hours but he was surrounded by the love of his mom, dad and family. Then he was on his way into the arms of God.

What breaks my heart is the heartlessness of people who cannot celebrate the life of a new little one and the bitter sweet joy of his parents.

Conley
05-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Facebook has some very strange rules about photo content. That's a real shame that they banned her, and for no good reason. I believe it's in the Facebook policy that they get the rights to anything you upload, so I wouldn't trust them with a good photo no matter what.

Trinnity
05-20-2012, 08:08 PM
You can see the pics of the baby from a link to a slideshow in the article.
Not for the sensitive ones.....you've been warned. One photo shows the baby's exposed brain.

I remember when I was in clinical training when in college for my radiography degree....a woman was in the xray dept. at Riverview Hospital in Hampton, Va....she'd had an ultrasound and the baby had no head at all. Everyone was scandalized knowing the mother had to be told. Gossip like that spreads like wildfire.

It's a very sad thing. Those of you who are of faith, please pray for this family. My heart goes out to them. Most people would have aborted this baby. I'm sure I would have. I don't have the nerves to deal with something like that. But they were very brave to respect the child so greatly as to bring it to term and hold and comfort it til it passed. I could NOT have handled it; I'll tell ya that right now. No way.

Goldie Locks
05-20-2012, 08:43 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/facebook-bans-mother-for-posting-photos-of-baby-born-with-severe-birth-defect/

Little Boy lived for only 8 hours but he was surrounded by the love of his mom, dad and family. Then he was on his way into the arms of God.

What breaks my heart is the heartlessness of people who cannot celebrate the life of a new little one and the bitter sweet joy of his parents.

Moat would rather celebrate an abortion instead of a life.

Trinnity
05-20-2012, 10:15 PM
They are brave folks to have handled it. I apologize for my admitted cowardice, but emotionally, I just could not have dealt with it to that point.
God bless them.

Calypso Jones
05-20-2012, 10:21 PM
It's okay Trin. Don't apologize. They handled it beautifully.

Trinnity
05-20-2012, 10:49 PM
It's okay Trin. Don't apologize. They handled it beautifully.
They sure did. Facebook, not so much.

2Ts
05-21-2012, 03:04 PM
bring a life into the world so that it suffers 8 hours of pain and then dies... I call that selfish, just so they can feel good about their decisions and their beliefs? its heartless. its a hundred times worse than watching a mortally wounded animal die slowly. Why do ppl understand mercy when it comes to animals but worry more about the "afterlife" than mercy when it comes to the horror this child experienced under the guise of "being loved and comforted"

Mister D
05-21-2012, 03:05 PM
bring a life into the world so that it suffers 8 hours of pain and then dies... I call that selfish, just so they can feel good about their decisions and their beliefs? its heartless. its a hundred times worse than watching a mortally wounded animal die slowly. Why do ppl understand mercy when it comes to animals but worry more about the "afterlife" than mercy when it comes to the horror this child experienced under the guise of "being loved and comforted"

It would be selfish if your description of their behavior matched reality. IOW, you're telling us what you think about what they did not what they think. It's all well and good to give your opinion but when doing so you shoudn't distort their perspective.

Conley
05-21-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it would be very hard to know how you would react until you're in a situation like that. I wouldn't judge someone either way under those tragic circumstances. What might work for one couple wouldn't for another. I would respect the decision...imagine the heartache of these poor folks.

roadmaster
05-21-2012, 09:04 PM
Wow same thing happened to a good friend of mines first child. He was born without a skull, lived for about two hours. I would have held mine too and let them know how much I loved them and would see them again. Putting it on facebook, well I don't think I could have but am not going to judge the parents.

Calypso Jones
05-21-2012, 09:09 PM
I had a poster friend pose about the same question on another site. It was only thru the use of ultra sound that the doctor knew there was something wrong. The parents prayed for a miracle. Doctors are not one hundred percent infallible. The prognosis ws that the baby if born with that condition was going to die. Without going into how the foetus tries to move away from the abortionists instruments of death, which would you rather experience? The coldness of the abortion whether it was for your own good or not or the short time of being held by people who wanted you and love you?

This child endured, as in 'carried on thru hardship, the 9 months. It is obvious he wanted to be born, as any child wants to be born.

Shoot the Goose
05-21-2012, 09:19 PM

I believe you are confused. You are applying your emotional standards, and what you would have done, to others who clearly have far different ethics than you. I am not condemning your ethics, as history is full of societies that regularly make choices with regard to survival of the fittest that we choose not to.

Just that you condemn them in a way that is so small-minded.

roadmaster
05-21-2012, 09:50 PM
I had a poster friend pose about the same question on another site. It was only thru the use of ultra sound that the doctor knew there was something wrong. The parents prayed for a miracle. Doctors are not one hundred percent infallible. The prognosis ws that the baby if born with that condition was going to die. Without going into how the foetus tries to move away from the abortionists instruments of death, which would you rather experience? The coldness of the abortion whether it was for your own good or not or the short time of being held by people who wanted you and love you?

This child endured, as in 'carried on thru hardship, the 9 months. It is obvious he wanted to be born, as any child wants to be born.

Drs are not always right and It's in Gods hands. After I lost my second child they said I could never have another, it would have to criss-cross which is impossible. They had to take a lot from me, 2 years later I had my daughter. I have seen botched abortions where they throw them in the trash alive to die on their own. People will risk their lives to save a new born puppy but treat a child like it's nothing. My heart can't take watching a puppy much less a child die alone.