PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Gas Prices

MrJimmyDale
10-27-2014, 08:39 PM
I filled up for $2.58/gal Saturday @ Costco.

I think the prices are low due to the upcoming election and that prices will over-correct after the election is over.

Cigar
10-27-2014, 08:41 PM
I paid $2.63 a few days ago ...

Forking Obama :riot:

Captain Obvious
10-27-2014, 08:43 PM

I think the prices are low due to the upcoming election and that prices will over-correct after the election is over.

Did you say 'hi' to Bob?

Bob
10-27-2014, 08:44 PM
$3.17 per gallon here ... at Costco.

Bob
10-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Did you say 'hi' to Bob?

You just did. Hi!!!!!

MrJimmyDale
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Did you say 'hi' to Bob?
Hello Robert!!!!!

Mr. Right
10-27-2014, 08:46 PM
I paid $2.63 a few days ago ...

Forking Obama :riot:

Crediting O'boi with lower gas prices is like crediting Roosevelt with the Atom bomb.

pjohns
10-27-2014, 08:48 PM
The price for regular at Murphy Express (where I most frequently purchase my gasoline) is now $2.64 per gallon. (More precisely, $2.649.)

Of course, gasoline prices typically fall precipitously after Labor Day, what with the end of the summer-driving season; and that has been some eight weeks ago...

Bob
10-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Hello Robert!!!!!

Hello Jimmy. LOL

Ethereal
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Gas prices are low because Saudi Arabia is dumping oil onto the market.

OPEC Oil Supply in September Highest Since 2013 (http://online.wsj.com/articles/opec-oil-supply-in-september-highest-since-summer-2013-1412938482)

Mr. Right
10-27-2014, 08:58 PM
The price for regular at Murphy Express (where I most frequently purchase my gasoline) is now $2.64 per gallon. (More precisely, $2.649.)

Of course, gasoline prices typically fall precipitously after Labor Day, what with the end of the summer-driving season; and that has been some eight weeks ago...

To a degree, I concur, but whats going on has little to do with Labor Day, Obama, or the Middle East. We've become, (in spite of O) more energy independant than any time in the past 35 years. Back in the 70s the M.E. ruled the energy day because our oil companies here were buying the Mid east oil at a fraction of what oil could have sold for without the M.E. oil. The Arabs have already admitted and lamented that Fracking and increased productions has lessened their influence on the markets. In short, they've become irrelevant to all but the Chinese.

MrJimmyDale
10-27-2014, 09:00 PM
I still think that the powers-that-be will make up for it as soon as the elections are over.

Mr. Right
10-27-2014, 09:32 PM
One thing about oil, gas, diesel, is that it's not like some commodities. When it's price is low, it's very tough to store as a hedge against rising prices.

exotix
10-27-2014, 09:36 PM
I went ahead and filled-up at $2.71 a gallon here in North Alabama.

gamewell45
10-27-2014, 11:05 PM
I notice that those who trashed Obama when the prices were skyrocketing are now for most part silent since the prices have dropped to low levels. Guess he's doing the right thing and that drives his critics crazy.

momsapplepie
10-27-2014, 11:09 PM
You must not be old enough to remember too many elections. Gas prices ALWAYS drop before elections.

pjohns
10-28-2014, 12:48 AM
I notice that those who trashed Obama when the prices were skyrocketing are now for most part silent since the prices have dropped to low levels. Guess he's doing the right thing and that drives his critics crazy.

How dis you manage to transmute this into a discussion about President Obama?

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2014, 01:09 AM

How come he waited until right before elections to do it instead of back when he first gained office?

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2014, 01:36 AM
Funny how a couple things go right and all of a sudden the "Blame Bush" crowd is singing a different tune.

exotix
10-28-2014, 05:35 AM
How come he waited until right before elections to do it instead of back when he first gained office?
Easy ... King Obama the Messiah decreed Wall Street to be benevolent.

donttread
10-28-2014, 05:52 AM

That and the need to occasionally squelch alternate energy grow. Yes, by Christmas the prices will be high again

Common
10-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Im callous and very suspicious by nature and I believe gas prices eased because the powerful told the big oil company its time to back off and loosen up the economy or we will be in big trouble

Oil prices effect the price of almost everything else, the biggest benefit to lowering gas prices via oil prices is inflation. Across the board it affects consumer buying power. We see the big business that is dropping like a rock because consumers cant afford to buy their chinese crap

You cant take all the decent jobs out of america for MORE PROFIT, you cant put millions of americans out of work and make them under employed and underpaid at min wage and expect them to be able to buy their CHINESE GARBAGE.

Walmart, McDonalds and other retailers are going backwards, its just not brick and mortar either, Amazon is posting loss's

Captain Obvious
10-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Im callous and very suspicious by nature and I believe gas prices eased because the powerful told the big oil company its time to back off and loosen up the economy or we will be in big trouble

Oil prices effect the price of almost everything else, the biggest benefit to lowering gas prices via oil prices is inflation. Across the board it affects consumer buying power. We see the big business that is dropping like a rock because consumers cant afford to buy their chinese crap

You cant take all the decent jobs out of america for MORE PROFIT, you cant put millions of americans out of work and make them under employed and underpaid at min wage and expect them to be able to buy their CHINESE GARBAGE.

Walmart, McDonalds and other retailers are going backwards, its just not brick and mortar either, Amazon is posting loss's

Do you realize that if someone has a marketable skill they're going to make more, sometimes considerably more than minimum wage?

I don't think you realize that, you have a habit of taking these leaps of logic and making yourself look foolish. But otherwise I think you're a fairly sharp guy, except when you do this.

Explain to me how unskilled labor - anything basically a monkey or a machine can do, is going to make anything prosperous.

Common
10-28-2014, 08:02 AM
Do you realize that if someone has a marketable skill they're going to make more, sometimes considerably more than minimum wage?

I don't think you realize that, you have a habit of taking these leaps of logic and making yourself look foolish. But otherwise I think you're a fairly sharp guy, except when you do this.

Explain to me how unskilled labor - anything basically a monkey or a machine can do, is going to make anything prosperous.

Do you realize there are college graduates working in Walmart and Mc Donalds because they cant find jobs.

I get a kick out of the people that say everyone should go to college and get a high paying career. Yeah right.
Since the creation of this country there has been the haves and the have nots. There have been the privledged and the unprivledged and theres been the skilled and the unskilled.

Heres why your statement is ridiculous Capt. If everyone in the USA was a highly skilled College graduate the country would collapse. First things first, there would be massive unemployment OR those skilled workers would be working in McDonalds and Walmart for min wage because there would be NO JOBS for half or more of them.

Nothing would get built there would be no laborers. Retail stores would close there would be no clerks or stock personnel. There would be no landscapers no janitors.

This bullshit that everyone needs to be successful is garbage. The only difference today than years ago. Is that the corporate pigs had self imposed limits on their greed and shared some with the people that did the work that made them rich by giving them decent wages and pensions and benefits.

20 some odd years ago they changed the way CEOs got paid and made it based on wall street numbers, since then its a been open season on all workers and now he were are. We finally hit bottom there is NOTHING else for the corporate pigs to take from the working class.

Captain Obvious
10-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Do you realize there are college graduates working in Walmart and Mc Donalds because they cant find jobs.

Yes.

Does that mean that every college grad can't find a job?

Absolutely not.

Don't get hysterical. Our university system is generating a lot of federally funded crap degrees because they can. A lot of these college grads are dipshits and didn't make the most out of their learning experience. That's educational darwinism.

I get a kick out of the people that say everyone should go to college and get a high paying career. Yeah right.
Since the creation of this country there has been the haves and the have nots. There have been the privledged and the unprivledged and theres been the skilled and the unskilled.

Heres why your statement is ridiculous Capt. If everyone in the USA was a highly skilled College graduate the country would collapse. First things first, there would be massive unemployment OR those skilled workers would be working in McDonalds and Walmart for min wage because there would be NO JOBS for half or more of them.

Nothing would get built there would be no laborers. Retail stores would close there would be no clerks or stock personnel. There would be no landscapers no janitors.

This bullshit that everyone needs to be successful is garbage. The only difference today than years ago. Is that the corporate pigs had self imposed limits on their greed and shared some with the people that did the work that made them rich by giving them decent wages and pensions and benefits.

20 some odd years ago they changed the way CEOs got paid and made it based on wall street numbers, since then its a been open season on all workers and now he were are. We finally hit bottom there is NOTHING else for the corporate pigs to take from the working class.

The rest is just noise.

Landscapers are semi-skilled. Janitors, no.

Wages should be paid what market demands they be paid. Subsidizing wages for unskilled labor enables low expectations and under production.

Prosperity will never be had with low expectations and underproductivity.

Ethereal
10-28-2014, 10:45 AM

It's because Saudi Arabia has increased production and plans to continue increasing production in the near future. They're doing it because they want to punish Russia and undermine the shale revolution in the US.

donttread
10-28-2014, 10:59 AM
It's because Saudi Arabia has increased production and plans to continue increasing production in the near future. They're doing it because they want to punish Russia and undermine the shale revolution in the US.

When Iraq did that we attacked. But the Saudis are untouchable? Or are they?

birddog
10-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Gas prices are low because Saudi Arabia is dumping oil onto the market.

OPEC Oil Supply in September Highest Since 2013 (http://online.wsj.com/articles/opec-oil-supply-in-september-highest-since-summer-2013-1412938482)

Did Obama promise another "Bowing" to their Prince?

gamewell45
10-28-2014, 12:04 PM

Tell me, what exactly did he do this time to lower gas prices?

Ethereal
10-28-2014, 05:20 PM
When Iraq did that we attacked. But the Saudis are untouchable? Or are they?

They've bought too many politicians to be touched at this point.

Ethereal
10-28-2014, 05:22 PM

They're trying to force the PPB below shale's break even point.

PolWatch
10-28-2014, 06:16 PM

nope, he promised to hold hands...the Prince has been feeling lonesome.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-otyA9WERD8I/TkaxgRqspII/AAAAAAAAAXA/w5_TotesLsw/s1600/bush-abdullah-holding-hands.jpg

GrassrootsConservative
10-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Tell me, what exactly did he do this time to lower gas prices?

IDK, why don't you tell me? You're the one who said he did the right thing this time.

/Edit: Not sure why you would even ask that, as if I'm the idiot who supports him.