PDA

View Full Version : 'Obama Is a Republican'

midcan5
10-28-2014, 06:55 AM
In a certain sense, or maybe many, I agree. Bill Clinton was a republican too. Could it be our politics has moved so far right the choices for change have been lost, the left is lost reasoning rather than doing, and the working class goes back a hundred years? But then I think maybe not and this is a more reasonable approach for change. Maybe, just maybe, the working class needs to speak up for themselves as some McDonald's workers, Auto workers, and a few Walmart workers are doing. It is time again workers spoke up for their work and for each other.

By Bruce Bartlett

"Back in 2008, Boston University professor Andrew Bacevich wrote an article for this magazine making a conservative case for Barack Obama. While much of it was based on disgust with the warmongering and budgetary profligacy of the Republican Party under George W. Bush, which he expected to continue under 2008 Republican nominee Sen. John McCain, Bacevich thought Obama at least represented hope for ending the Iraq War and shrinking the national-security state.

I wrote a piece for the New Republic soon afterward about the Obamacon phenomenon—prominent conservatives and Republicans who were openly supporting Obama. Many saw in him a classic conservative temperament: someone who avoided lofty rhetoric, an ambitious agenda, and a Utopian vision that would conflict with human nature, real-world barriers to radical reform, and the American system of government."

Rest here: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/obama-is-a-republican/

"The rise of conservative politics in postwar America is one of the great puzzles of American political history. For much of the period that followed the end of World War II, conservative ideas about the primacy of the free market, and the dangers of too-powerful labor unions, government regulation, and an activist, interventionist state seemed to have been thoroughly rejected by most intellectual and political elites. Scholars and politicians alike dismissed those who adhered to such faiths as a "radical right," for whom to quote the Columbia University historian Richard Hofstadter politics "becomes an arena into which the wildest fancies are projected, the most paranoid suspicions, the most absurd superstitions, the most bizarre apocalyptic fantasies." How, then, did such ideas move from their marginal position in the middle years of the twentieth century to become the reigning politics of the country by the century's end?" Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

"Historians and social critics often explain the successes of conservative politics by pointing to the backlash against the victories of the social movements of the 1960s, the cultural reaction against the radicals who fought for civil rights, feminism, and gay and lesbian rights and who protested against the Vietnam War. The 1970s defection of white working class people alienated and frightened by the liberal program shifted the politics of the country far to the right. The argument is that in the days before the onset of the culture wars, a "liberal consensus" dominated American politics, especially around economics." Kim Phillips-Fein ('Invisible Hands')

Common
10-28-2014, 07:19 AM
I disagree, Obama and Clinton are not republican they just werent far left as the progressives want them to be. I find that a "GOOD" thing. I cant stand teaparty far righters and I cant stand progressive far lefters. They are both self centered I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW and im not going to settle for less types that I find obnoxious and mostly full of malarky.

Common Sense
10-28-2014, 07:22 AM
If compared to Canadian politicians, then yes, Obama and even Clinton fall right of their Canadian counterparts.

Pressure politics has indeed skewed the spectrum and shifted it right.

Chris
10-28-2014, 07:46 AM
Obama is a clone of Bush. So was Romney. Just more of the same.

Chris
10-28-2014, 07:48 AM
If compared to Canadian politicians, then yes, Obama and even Clinton fall right of their Canadian counterparts.

Pressure politics has indeed skewed the spectrum and shifted it right.

Because the left controls government propaganda, the mass media and public education. The right is reactionary but to slow.

Captain Obvious
10-28-2014, 07:59 AM
Obama is a clone of Bush. So was Romney. Just more of the same.

All establishment

Chris
10-28-2014, 08:01 AM
Establishment of the state.

Peter1469
10-28-2014, 09:00 AM
The two parties are the same coin, just different sides of it.

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 09:29 AM
The two parties are the same coin, just different sides of it.

If both parties are the same then Obama would be signing more new laws.

Chris
10-28-2014, 11:12 AM
If both parties are the same then Obama would be signing more new laws.

http://i.snag.gy/N1Ces.jpg

Q.E.D.

Mini Me
10-28-2014, 03:59 PM
It was the massive infusions of corporate money that swung politics to the right.

Read the Lewis Powell manifesto.

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 04:23 PM
http://i.snag.gy/N1Ces.jpg

Q.E.D.

You're joking, right?

those are rules and regulations imposed on the public by the unelected assholes in the bureaucracy, not new laws passed by congress and signed by the golfer in chief.

Chris
10-28-2014, 05:58 PM
You're joking, right?

those are rules and regulations imposed on the public by the unelected assholes in the bureaucracy, not new laws passed by congress and signed by the golfer in chief.

No, federal laws, legislated and administered. You lose.

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 06:34 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Register

In essence, the Federal Register is a way for the government to announce changes to government requirements, policies and guidance to the public. The notice and comment process, as outlined in the Administrative Procedure Act, gives the people a chance to participate in agency rulemaking. Publication of documents in the Federal Register also constitutes constructive notice, and its contents are judicially noticed.[3]

The Federal Register is the main source for the U.S. federal government agencies':

Proposed new rules and regulations
Final rules
Changes to existing rules
Notices of meetings and adjudicatory proceedings
Presidential documents including Executive orders, proclamations and administrative orders.
Both proposed and final rules are published in the Federal Register. A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (or "NPRM") typically requests public comment on a proposed rule, and provides notice of any public meetings where a proposed rule will be discussed. The public comments are considered by the issuing government agency, and the text of a final rule along with a discussion of the comments is published in the Federal Register. Any agency proposing a rule in the Federal Register must provide contact information for people and organizations interested in making comments to the agencies and the agencies are required to address these concerns when it publishes its final rule on the subject.

Chris
10-28-2014, 07:44 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Register

That's how laws are legislated, mac, they're very general and left to "experts" to complete in detail. You don't understand this?

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 08:04 PM
That's how laws are legislated, mac, they're very general and left to "experts" to complete in detail. You don't understand this?

"Experts?"

Ha!

but in any case you misspoke about the federal register.

Chris
10-28-2014, 08:32 PM
"Experts?"

Ha!

but in any case you misspoke about the federal register.

Sorry that you fail to understand how government works.

decedent
10-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Obama is a clone of Bush.

He's black.

PolWatch
10-28-2014, 08:40 PM
He's black.

omg! when did THAT happen?

Matty
10-28-2014, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=PolWatch;815422]omg! when did THAT happen?[/QUOTE

when he mama screwed he dada!

silvereyes
10-28-2014, 08:53 PM
He's black.

He is? Wtfs? No one told me that! I demand a recount damnit!

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 09:29 PM
Sorry that you fail to understand how government works.

I pointed out your mistake but you refuse to accept it.

Chris
10-28-2014, 09:54 PM
I pointed out your mistake but you refuse to accept it.

It was a mistaken on your part, mac, you don't understand how government works.

Mac-7
10-28-2014, 09:56 PM
It was a mistaken on your part, mac, you don't understand how government works.

I understand what the federal register is.

you don't and are not man enough to admit your mistake.

Chris
10-28-2014, 10:40 PM
I understand what the federal register is.

you don't and are not man enough to admit your mistake.

It is the results of legislated and signed law, general laws the detailed rules of which are left to "experts." It is a measure of laws passed.

I realize that's over your head, that you can't get past the shallow politics of Reps vs Dems. Not my problem.

Hayek, The Road to Serfdom, lays out the political steps to tyranny. It begins with politicians promising people all they want. Followed by the passing of laws to enact those promises--the height of that was back in the 60s and 70s. Next, politicians realize they can't pass enough laws to handle every promise, every situation, so they shift to passing general laws left to "experts" to detail with miniscule rules. That too fails, so they seek a charismatic leader to force those plans, and tyranny has arrived.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." ~Gerald Ford

Mac-7
10-29-2014, 05:09 AM
It is the results of legislated and signed law, general laws the detailed rules of which are left to "experts." It is a measure of laws passed.

I realize that's over your head, that you can't get past the shallow politics of Reps vs Dems. Not my problem.

what you are saying is that there is no difference between an elected representative of the people and an appointed government worker.

but in fact there is all the difference in the world.

you are turning the plain meaning of words inside out just to avoid admitting that you made a mistake.

Mac-7
10-29-2014, 05:10 AM
Although to someone who doesn't vote I suppose it makes no difference if your master is elected or appointed.