PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to inform you but....................

Beevee
05-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I am here too.

So, the person some would most wish to get away from most has deemed to join the new flock.

Republican sympathisers, prepare to be tormented by the facts and not the fiction.

Peter1469
05-21-2012, 06:55 PM
ok

MMC
05-21-2012, 07:04 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4954880994902317&pid=1.1

Greetings Beevee.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant. :yo2:

Aristophanes
05-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Awesome. Does this mean you're a lib? This board needs some more libs. :)

Welcome.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 07:12 PM

Welcome.

No we don't and Yes, from Political forum...

Welcome BeeVee...I think

Conley
05-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome.

Aristophanes
05-21-2012, 07:20 PM
No we don't and Yes, from Political forum...

Welcome BeeVee...I thinkWhy not? I like different opinions. I know I'm right so I don't need reinforcements. :rofl:

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Why not? I like different opinions. I know I'm right so I don't need reinforcements. :rofl:

LOL...agreed.

Hoosier8
05-21-2012, 07:35 PM
If this were all one side or the other, it would get boring pretty quickly. Welcome.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 07:37 PM
If this were all one side or the other, it would get boring pretty quickly. Welcome.

Yes, but anyone who is going to vote for Ubama is worrisome.

Conley
05-21-2012, 07:41 PM

I feel similarly about Romney. I'm not a fan of either to be honest, I think if you keep voting for the same parties you'll get the same results, but I'll save that for the main forums.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 07:45 PM
I feel similarly about Romney. I'm not a fan of either to be honest, I think if you keep voting for the same parties you'll get the same results, but I'll save that for the main forums.

It's all we got though. I'd vote for an empty orange juice can over Ubama....just saying

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:11 PM
It's all we got though. I'd vote for an empty orange juice can over Ubama....just saying

What's the story with calling him 'Ubama'? I've seen Obummer, Obomber, Barry, and so on but I don't get it.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
What's the story with calling him 'Ubama'? I've seen Obummer, Obomber, Barry, and so on but I don't get it.

It's an acceptable spelling in Arabic for his name as they don't have "O's". When Osama was shot Fox spelled Osama as Usama so as not to confuse the public that Obama was dead instead of Osama...so forever more to me he will be Ubama....Then there is this...Ted Kennedy drunk???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
It's an acceptable spelling in Arabic for his name as they don't have "O's". When Osama was shot Fox spelled Osama as Usama so as not to confuse the public that Obama was dead instead of Osama...so forever more to me he will be Ubama....Then there is this...Ted Kennedy drunk???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2YJ-_jos

Ah, yes I am familiar with the spelling of Usama bin Laden, but I didn't know that was to avoid confusion with our current president. I've seen a lot of bad graphics from both FN and MSNBC posted online, but I never watch either one.

edit: Just watched the vid, can't blame Brit for laughing at that one. It's pathetic that these are the people we have leading our country. It's madness.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Ah, yes I am familiar with the spelling of Usama bin Laden, but I didn't know that was to avoid confusion with our current president. I've seen a lot of bad graphics from both FN and MSNBC posted online, but I never watch either one.

edit: Just watched the vid, can't blame Brit for laughing at that one. It's pathetic that these are the people we have leading our country. It's madness.

Sorry, have to thank Gawd, Ted is dead.

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Sorry, have to thank Gawd, Ted is dead.

I know and I almost added a second edit. Like Tom Snyder, he has passed on, but Kennedy is indicative of a greater problem with our elected representatives that is independent of his passing. Unfortunately, the current crew is just as ignorant.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I know and I almost added a second edit. Like Tom Snyder, he has passed on, but Kennedy is indicative of a greater problem with our elected representatives that is independent of his passing. Unfortunately, the current crew is just as ignorant.

We need term limits on these people.

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:44 PM
We need term limits on these people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLNKnLaDG8

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLNKnLaDG8

We need term limits on these people...LOL

roadmaster
05-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Romney would have been my last choice but Obama will never get my vote.

Aristophanes
05-21-2012, 08:50 PM
It's all we got though. I'd vote for an empty orange juice can over Ubama....just sayingI'd vote for a ham sandwich over Obama.

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:53 PM
What about Gary Johnson?

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:55 PM
What about Gary Johnson?

I'm afraid he'll split the republican vote and give the nod to Ubama. Just like Ross Perot.

Conley
05-21-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm afraid he'll split the republican vote and give the nod to Ubama. Just like Ross Perot.

That's a very real and legitimate concern. I think Nader did the same with Gore/Bush.

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
That's a very real and legitimate concern. I think Nader did the same with Gore/Bush.

Yes, and I just don't want Ubama to get it...no matter what. The Republic would be destroyed with a 2nd term. I like Johnson, but that is why I will not vote for him.

Conley
05-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Yes, and I just don't want Ubama to get it...no matter what. The Republic would be destroyed with a 2nd term. I like Johnson, but that is why I will not vote for him.

If it were Johnson versus Romney, who would you choose?

Shoot the Goose
05-21-2012, 09:02 PM
I am here too.

So, the person some would most wish to get away from most has deemed to join the new flock.

Republican sympathisers, prepare to be tormented by the facts and not the fiction.

Another lib who is full of shit starting with their very first post. I'm shocked !!

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 09:05 PM
If it were Johnson versus Romney, who would you choose?

Proly Johnson from what I know.

Beevee
05-21-2012, 09:09 PM

Oops! I haven't filled out my details, as yet.

So, I won't be voting for him - because I'm a Canadian. Now, is that a blessing or a handicap for you?

Goldie Locks
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM

So, I won't be voting for him - because I'm a Canadian. Now, is that a blessing or a handicap for you?

Blessing...glad you're not American

Beevee
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Another lib who is full of shit starting with their very first post. I'm shocked !!

Don't be. After all, you have fallen for the name calling on my very first post. Well, you don't frighten me brother. I'm not your typical cut and run merchant. So, since you know nothing of my political persuasion but have he temerity to infer I'm already down the toilet, let me tell you, your Goose is cooked!

Shoot the Goose
05-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Don't be. After all, you have fallen for the name calling on my very first post. Well, you don't frighten me brother. I'm not your typical cut and run merchant. So, since you know nothing of my political persuasion but have he temerity to infer I'm already down the toilet, let me tell you, your Goose is cooked!

Yes ... but I cooked it, and no one else. ;)

Conley
05-21-2012, 10:39 PM

Good to see another Canuck on here, you're not the only one and that's all I'll say. :grin:

roadmaster
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM

I hope not but I was a big supporter of Ross Perot.

roadmaster
05-21-2012, 10:45 PM

You should be frightened. Watch the housing market soon collapse in Canada.

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
I am here too.

Republican sympathisers, prepare to be tormented by the facts and not the fiction.Hiya beevee. How did you find this place....did you see the link I left in the Quorum?

Nice to see you and I'm really glad you're here.

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 12:01 AM

Welcome.He is, or maybe centrist...
I like beevee. We have a date for skinnydipping. Don't tell Eman.

Beevee
05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
You should be frightened. Watch the housing market soon collapse in Canada.

This isn't America. The housing market is controlled by a Federal government that actually cares about the economy.

The American government should try that sometime - preferably in the next 100 years.

roadmaster
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
This isn't America. The housing market is controlled by a Federal government that actually cares about the economy.

The American government should try that sometime - preferably in the next 100 years.

Harper is clueless. Your country is being sold out from under you.

Beevee
05-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Harper is clueless. Your country is being sold out from under you.

Says the man with Obama as his leader.

roadmaster
05-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Says the man with Obama as his leader.

Not my fault, I didn't vote for him or McCain. Even Bush. I am a female by the way.

Professor Peabody
05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Welcome Beevee!

Beevee
05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Not my fault, I didn't vote for him or McCain. Even Bush. I am a female by the way.

Oh! Sorry! Does that mean I have to treat you with respect?

Beevee
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Welcome Beevee!

You are here too? :wink:

This really proves the other place is past it's sell by date.

Trinnity
05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Heh, heh~

Goldie Locks
05-22-2012, 05:30 PM
You are here too? :wink:

This really proves the other place is past it's sell by date.

Oh, so true!

Smartmouthwoman
05-22-2012, 07:16 PM

Nice to see you here, Beevee. For a libtard, you're OK... esp since you live in Canada and can't vote here.

Comment on that federally controlled housing market of yours. My friend in NS rented out the upstairs of her house to a young couple who later had 2 kids and a s-i-l move in and there was NOTHING my friend could do about it without getting permission from the govt to make them move. It took so long to get approval, she was having her garage remodeled so she could move in there and give them her whole house so she could get some peace & quiet. You can keep that federally controlled housing. My house is MY house and I won't have Big Bro telling me what I have to do with it. That's BS (kanuck style) ;)

roadmaster
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM
A person in Canada would know Canada allows people to claim self-defence for using force, including guns, to protect their life as long as the force is reasonable and they believe they have no other options.

Deadwood
05-22-2012, 08:20 PM
As much as I seldom agree with Beevee, I have to disagree with you on that point. Canada weathered the U-S based recession way better than the US, the country is being run the best in at least two decades and we have pulled ahead of the US in economics.
Where we used to have to rely on the US for 75% of our trade, it is now only 40% and shrinking as share of GDP.

So, I will take Harper over the "Big Owe" any day.

Deadwood
05-22-2012, 08:21 PM
Well yes.....might as well stick a fork in it.

So, let's not let this place deteriorate, OK?

Deadwood
05-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Hey Smartie...so good to see you again...

I don't know about the laws in Nova Scotia but it doesn't ring true for me. The FEDERAL government has NO role whatsoever in rental. I suspect this was a tenants rights issue at the provincial level and your friend ran into some bureaucratic headwinds.

What Beevee is talking about is NOT the Canadian government, but a public company once removed from political control called the Canadian Housing and Mortgage Corporation. It is there where regulations regarding home ownership are set, such as how much for a minimum down payment, and they are now regulating percentage of income etc.
It is a system that has worked well and is emulated in Europe and elsewhere....

Smartmouthwoman
05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Hey Smartie...so good to see you again...

I don't know about the laws in Nova Scotia but it doesn't ring true for me. The FEDERAL government has NO role whatsoever in rental. I suspect this was a tenants rights issue at the provincial level and your friend ran into some bureaucratic headwinds.

What Beevee is talking about is NOT the Canadian government, but a public company once removed from political control called the Canadian Housing and Mortgage Corporation. It is there where regulations regarding home ownership are set, such as how much for a minimum down payment, and they are now regulating percentage of income etc.
It is a system that has worked well and is emulated in Europe and elsewhere....

Nice to see you too, my friend. I'm not sure of the details of my friend's rental arrangement, but she cried on my shoulder about her struggles to make her tenants vacate her house. She had broken her leg two years earlier and had a rather lengthy recovery (I'm sure it wasn't due to your marvelous hc system!) Anyway, what seemed like a good idea at the time ended up being a nightmare for her.

She once drove to Dallas, Texas from Halifax, Nova Scotia in a Honda Civic with no a/c... in August. That's one tough gal... I'm surprised they were brave enough to challenge her! ;)

Nunya
05-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey Smartie. Good to see that you jumped over as well. It was getting harder for me to keep my composure at the other site because of the extreme and rude idiots (and one in particular), so I decide a change was needed for me.

Beevee
05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
Nice to see you here, Beevee. For a libtard, you're OK... esp since you live in Canada and can't vote here.

Comment on that federally controlled housing market of yours. My friend in NS rented out the upstairs of her house to a young couple who later had 2 kids and a s-i-l move in and there was NOTHING my friend could do about it without getting permission from the govt to make them move. It took so long to get approval, she was having her garage remodeled so she could move in there and give them her whole house so she could get some peace & quiet. You can keep that federally controlled housing. My house is MY house and I won't have Big Bro telling me what I have to do with it. That's BS (kanuck style) ;)

The regulations differ by Province.

In Quebec renting is effected by a one year renewable lease that must be offered annually to the tenant unless that tenant has defaulted on the rent. Even then they cannot be evicted without the owner making application to the Rental Board which both the owner and tenant must attend. If one does not, the verdict is automatically given in favour of the other.

It's true that the owner can state that the house is required to house a family member but the Rental Board is well aware of that as a ruse and makes a thorough investigation beforehand.

Smartmouthwoman
05-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Hey Smartie. Good to see that you jumped over as well. It was getting harder for me to keep my composure at the other site because of the extreme and rude idiots (and one in particular), so I decide a change was needed for me.

Glad to see you here, Nunya. It's the technical probs that are running me off. If the forum doesn't mean enough to the owner to make it work right, why should we stick around and support it?

Anyway, this looks like a nice place that might appreciate us sharing our political addiction with them. Good to see some familiar faces and look forward to getting to know the new folks here. Glad you signed up, too. ;)

Smartmouthwoman
05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
The regulations differ by Province.

In Quebec renting is effected by a one year renewable lease that must be offered annually to the tenant unless that tenant has defaulted on the rent. Even then they cannot be evicted without the owner making application to the Rental Board which both the owner and tenant must attend. If one does not, the verdict is automatically given in favour of the other.

It's true that the owner can state that the house is required to house a family member but the Rental Board is well aware of that as a ruse and makes a thorough investigation beforehand.

Thx for the explanation and yeah, that's pretty much what she told me. Too much govt interference for my taste... but if it works for y'all. ;)

The Little Dictator
05-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Well good Lord! It looks like a mass exodus here! Good to see so many people that I really like over here now.

MMC
05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4874492106834346&pid=1.1

Greetings The Little Dictator.....Welcome to the Political Forums of The Rant. :yo2:

Goldie Locks
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Well good Lord! It looks like a mass exodus here! Good to see so many people that I really like over here now.

Welcome Little Dictator!!!

Conley
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Glad to see you here Little Dictator, welcome to the site!

The Little Dictator
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks you guys but I don't mean to steal Beevee's thread here. :embarrassed:

Goldie Locks
05-23-2012, 11:56 AM

Start your own TLD...we'll pile in...LOL

Shoot the Goose
05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Welcome L'il Dick ! :)

From someone who is called a dick all the time !!

Beevee
05-23-2012, 03:28 PM

I'm not. You would't have dared to write that if the newcomer had been a Republican and had written the same.

Shoot the Goose
05-23-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not. You would't have dared to write that if the newcomer had been a Republican and had written the same.

Your reputation precedes you. Then when you come in here on the high-horse, a few of us had a good laugh.

Beevee
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Your reputation precedes you. Then when you come in here on the high-horse, a few of us had a good laugh.

Then I have achieved something. Because other than in the US, that's what people prefer. Laughing, rather than quacking.

Beevee
05-23-2012, 04:02 PM

It's not a problem for me.

ramone
05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
I'd vote for a ham sandwich over Obama.

Since obammy is a muslim, I'd like to see him eat a ham sandwich. I bet he pukes and prays to Allah after he does in an effort to convince the American Republic that he is some sort of a real citizen.