PDA

View Full Version : Why am I feeling like the momentum is on the Republicans side for Tuesday?

texan
10-28-2014, 10:02 PM
It feels like the polls favor them in some tight races. Colorado, Kansas, LA (big in a run off), N. Carolina............They have already won enough to make it 50/50 so they don;t need much. I originally thought 52/48 but I am thinking it could be bigger.

I also may just be tired of the job the dems have done on our economy and just want change.

How do you feel, I would be interested in some real thoughts from dems.

Captain Obvious
10-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Common wisdom now suggests the GOP will gain some ground this election but will only enjoy it for 2 years.

PolWatch
10-28-2014, 10:07 PM
historically, its the reps turn...'specially 2016. imho: unless they get their act together, it ain't gonna happen. Re-running Romney & the same losing platform won't work. I think people are tired of the same ole, same ole from both parties. For the first time since I started voting, I'm seriously thinking of not voting at all.

Perianne
10-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Sorry, texan. I didn't see this thread and I started a poll.

Green Arrow
10-28-2014, 11:04 PM
I think the GOP will take the senate, but 2016 may swing back to the Dems if the GOP can't keep the momentum on their side and avoid another circus show primary.

Peter1469
10-29-2014, 05:14 AM
If the GOP finally decides to government conservative, they will keep the Senate in 2016.

Captain Obvious
10-29-2014, 06:26 AM
If the GOP finally decides to government conservative, they will keep the Senate in 2016.

I don't disagree, but the GOP will try to do what it thinks is in its best interest which isn't in the best interest of the people.

Mac-7
10-29-2014, 06:35 AM
which isn't in the best interest of the people.

Best interest as defined by you.

Max Rockatansky
10-29-2014, 07:33 AM
Common wisdom now suggests the GOP will gain some ground this election but will only enjoy it for 2 years.

Disagreed. The public has been more likely to "throw the bums out" the past few years. They could easily swing right both this election and in 2016. In 2016, all the Republicans need to do is field a candidate who attracts the majority of Independents, and they'll win since the public is tired of 8 years of Democrats.

lynn
10-29-2014, 07:51 AM
The Ebola scare maybe what turns people to Republican votes.

Max Rockatansky
10-29-2014, 07:58 AM

Which is why a concern is being hyped as a crisis.

Matty
10-29-2014, 08:02 AM
The concern is for the stupidity of obummer the dumber!

Common Sense
People get sick of Party A so they elect Party B. Then they get sick of Party B and elect Party A. Wash rinse repeat.

Common Sense
The concern is for the stupidity of obummer the dumber!

Is that your new line?

Max Rockatansky
10-29-2014, 08:08 AM
People get sick of Party A so they elect Party B. Then they get sick of Party B and elect Party A. Wash rinse repeat.

It's not a perfect system, but it does work.

The two main problems with it is 1) the intelligent half of the American public always lead the less-intelligent half and 2) too many Americans, 40-60%, don't even vote since they don't think their votes matter.

Cigar
10-29-2014, 08:11 AM

So what exactly have they been doing up to now? :huh:

Matty
10-29-2014, 08:13 AM
So what exactly have they been doing up to now? :huh:
Been out voted by progressive democrats!

Mac-7
10-29-2014, 08:24 AM

You mean the clueless fence sitters who are never quite sure who to vote for.

texan
10-29-2014, 11:31 PM
After tonight it looks like some of the tight races are going even more RED by the day.

I also don't get the comments "if the republicans don't get their act together" they will lose it in 2016. What? That doesn't make sense to me, couldn't I say this about the dems? They are the ones that are losing ground fast.

Here is the deal, if the democrats/Obama would have acted about 1000% less arrogant and reached across the isle they wouldn't be in this situation. Also, everyone keeps saying the republicans are the party of "no." Yes they have been growing in seats every election since 2010 because America wanted the agenda stopped.

Example? I will say this again, he had the procedure in place to pass healthcare (and not even close to passing it properly), how hard would it have been to add some republican things into it and picked off a few? But no! He rammed it down everyones throat and earned themselves a loss of both houses.

I say the dems need to get their shit together moreso than republicans.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 01:02 AM
After tonight it looks like some of the tight races are going even more RED by the day.

I also don't get the comments "if the republicans don't get their act together" they will lose it in 2016. What? That doesn't make sense to me, couldn't I say this about the dems? They are the ones that are losing ground fast.

Here is the deal, if the democrats/Obama would have acted about 1000% less arrogant and reached across the isle they wouldn't be in this situation. Also, everyone keeps saying the republicans are the party of "no." Yes they have been growing in seats every election since 2010 because America wanted the agenda stopped.

Example? I will say this again, he had the procedure in place to pass healthcare (and not even close to passing it properly), how hard would it have been to add some republican things into it and picked off a few? But no! He rammed it down everyones throat and earned themselves a loss of both houses.

I say the dems need to get their $#@! together moreso than republicans.

Well said.

for variety of reasons the libs posting here who call themselves everything from ex-Republinans, libertarians, centrists, or independents - anything except democrats - expect perfection from the repubs but very little from the dems.

i think that is because they are closet democrats.

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 05:16 AM

The odds favor the Republicans both this year and in 2016 since most Americans are tiring of the long string of broken promises and fumbles by the Democrats.

Agreed, the Democrats are equally as fucked up as the Republicans. I think the Republicans have an opportunity to make a lot of headway if they'd focus on traditional goals such as national security and business rather than quasi-religious issues such as gay marriage and keeping out the brown people by building a wall from San Diego to Brownsville, TX.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 05:27 AM
The odds favor the Republicans both this year and in 2016 since most Americans are tiring of the long string of broken promises and fumbles by the Democrats.

Agreed, the Democrats are equally as $#@!ed up as the Republicans. I think the Republicans have an opportunity to make a lot of headway if they'd focus on traditional goals such as national security and business rather than quasi-religious issues such as gay marriage and keeping out the brown people by building a wall from San Diego to Brownsville, TX.

Most Americans understand that keeping out illegal aliens from poor countries is necessary to protect this country and the future for their children.

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 05:36 AM
Most Americans understand that keeping out illegal aliens from poor countries is necessary to protect this country and the future for their children.

Agreed. The smart way to do it is to start arresting those who employ, harbor, support or otherwise entice illegals to come to the USA.

The stupid way is to build and maintain a wall at the cost of billions of dollars and believe they won't start taking boats.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 05:57 AM
Agreed. The smart way to do it is to start arresting those who employ, harbor, support or otherwise entice illegals to come to the USA.

The stupid way is to build and maintain a wall at the cost of billions of dollars and believe they won't start taking boats.

Why not do both?

there is nothing wrong with punishing employers who knowingly hire illegals - and btw slapping big fines on the illegals just before we deport them.

but closing the border is an important part of immigration reform also.

that reduces the number of people the system has to deal with inside the country.

Common
10-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Every public building in America has an occupancy limit. That imposed limit is to protect everyone that is inside from overcrowding and subsequent mishaps.

I submit the USA has surpassed its occupancy limit with foriegn born. Theres not enough jobs and resources left to foster and care for everyone elses problems.

The truth is simple Its BOTH PARTIES that do nothing. The gop whelps and yelps and in the end does nothing and they were the original cause of this entire situation. Reagan gave 3million plus illegal immigrants amnesty and did nothing to close the border.

This invasion is about two things.For republicans its Diluting the work force to force wages lower and keep the demand for labor low to enable stripping pensions and benefits from workers.

For democrats its about widening their voter base. The american people PAY for all of it.

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 06:22 AM
there is nothing wrong with punishing employers who knowingly hire illegals

Only if you hate free market capitalism.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 06:48 AM

I don't hate the free market but I don't support Laissez-Faire capitalism either.

businesses in America operate under rules and not hiring illegals must be one of those rules.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2014, 07:03 AM
free market capitalism.

Myth

Ransom
10-30-2014, 08:34 AM

Are any of these people who support or entice illegals to cross the border illegally.....from Mexico...or other immigrant countries.....Max?

So you'd like the border to remain unsecure?

PolWatch
10-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Repub getting their act together: have you noticed the dems breaking into a group that calls other members names, according to how liberal they are? Rinos? Tea Party? Traditional Conservatives? Christian Conservatives? The repub party seems to spend as much time fighting among its members as it does fighting the dem party.

Independent doesn't = dem. I am not a member of either party because I know they don't represent what I want to see in government. Its not sitting on the fence, its refusing to accept that fences (my team/your team) politics is the way to go. Both major parties have good ideas, good points...they just ignore them in favor of getting/keeping power. Each of them end up sacrificing ideals for $$$. Now, that is what it takes to get elected. I would like to see someone actually get elected because they are the best person for the job...not the best of 2 bad choices.

Am I unrealistic? Probably. But so were the Founding Fathers...whodathunk they could whip England & start their own country based on new ideals?

Ransom
10-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Repub getting their act together: have you noticed the dems breaking into a group that calls other members names, according to how liberal they are? Rinos? Tea Party? Traditional Conservatives? Christian Conservatives? The repub party seems to spend as much time fighting among its members as it does fighting the dem party.

As they should. Let's just hope come election day, we unite.

Independent doesn't = dem. I am not a member of either party because I know they don't represent what I want to see in government. Its not sitting on the fence, its refusing to accept that fences (my team/your team) politics is the way to go. Both major parties have good ideas, good points...they just ignore them in favor of getting/keeping power. Each of them end up sacrificing ideals for $$$. Now, that is what it takes to get elected. I would like to see someone actually get elected because they are the best person for the job...not the best of 2 bad choices.

No, in these forums the independents are dems who are too embarrassed to admit it. Fence sitters.

Am I unrealistic? Probably. But so were the Founding Fathers...whodathunk they could whip England & start their own country based on new ideals?

Yeah, but don't that happen alot?

silvereyes
10-30-2014, 09:19 AM

I knew the pubs were behind it! :)

silvereyes
10-30-2014, 09:30 AM
As they should. Let's just hope come election day, we unite.

No, in these forums the independents are dems who are too embarrassed to admit it. Fence sitters.

Yeah, but don't that happen alot?

No dems arent embarassed to admit a falsehood.
"Dont? " Nice un-grammar.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 09:37 AM

Another unintelligent comment from a lib.

Cigar
10-30-2014, 09:41 AM
It feels like the polls favor them in some tight races. Colorado, Kansas, LA (big in a run off), N. Carolina............They have already won enough to make it 50/50 so they don;t need much. I originally thought 52/48 but I am thinking it could be bigger.

I also may just be tired of the job the dems have done on our economy and just want change.

How do you feel, I would be interested in some real thoughts from dems.

The Republicans will have Control ... Now What? :laugh:

Ransom
10-30-2014, 09:43 AM

It's just getting awfully hard to find strong Obama supporters these days. Those that were pied by the hope an change piper...don't play that tune...at least not as loudly. But on these pages.....we had many many libs and now we have many many 'independents.' Tied to 'neither party'. The Republicans are this, the Democrats are that. It allows them to comment and opine, scratch and claw.....without actually having a dog in the fight. They can latch on to some 3.6% getting 'independent' or 'green party' candidate and that's easy as their partys haven't controlled nor run government, cannot get elected in fact.....but that seems to give them a ticket to gripe.

PolWatch
10-30-2014, 09:44 AM
It's just getting awfully hard to find strong Obama supporters these days. Those that were pied by the hope an change piper...don't play that tune...at least not as loudly. But on these pages.....we had many many libs and now we have many many 'independents.' Tied to 'neither party'. The Republicans are this, the Democrats are that. It allows them to comment and opine, scratch and claw.....without actually having a dog in the fight. They can latch on to some 3.6% getting 'independent' or 'green party' candidate and that's easy as their partys haven't controlled nor run government, cannot get elected in fact.....but that seems to give them a ticket to gripe.

glad to see you understand my position...I'm tired of voting for dogs.

silvereyes
10-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Why are the labels and monikers so important?

silvereyes
10-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Another unintelligent comment from a lib.

Another dumbass reply from mac. Its sad how you live in your delusions of grandeur.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 09:52 AM
It's just getting awfully hard to find strong Obama supporters these days. ....we had many many libs and now we have many many 'independents.' Tied to 'neither party'. The Republicans are this, the Democrats are that. It allows them to comment and opine, scratch and claw.....without actually having a dog in the fight. They can latch on to some 3.6% getting 'independent' or 'green party' candidate and that's easy as their partys haven't controlled nor run government, cannot get elected in fact.....but that seems to give them a ticket to gripe.

Well said.

you have summed up many of the "independents" posting here.

dems in sheeps clothing.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2014, 09:57 AM
Why are the labels and monikers so important?

Because they describe something to people who have little understanding of what it actually is.

birddog
10-30-2014, 10:12 AM

What a dumbass reply! Dims don't admit to falsehoods due to being inherently liars! :rollseyes:

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 10:59 AM
What a dumbass reply! Dims don't admit to falsehoods due to being inherently liars! :rollseyes:

I think Ransom explained it best.

the democrat brand is discredited because of Obama so they call themselves independents now.

Cigar
10-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Been out voted by progressive democrats!

Democrats don't get to choose what comes up for a Vote :rollseyes:

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Why not do both?

there is nothing wrong with punishing employers who knowingly hire illegals - and btw slapping big fines on the illegals just before we deport them.

Cost. You are proving correct the fact that "modern" Republicans are just tax and spend Democrats with a different financial agenda.

Slap a fine on an illegal? What if they don't pay? Imprison them at the cost of $30K/year to American tax payers?

Remove the incentive for coming and the vast majority of them will stop coming or leave. Those that remain can be rounded up more easily. Factor in that it's cheaper to imprison an employer for $30K/year than 100 illegal workers at the same price each.

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Are any of these people who support or entice illegals to cross the border illegally.....from Mexico...or other immigrant countries.....Max?
Some are, but most are not. Most are just minimum wage earners working under the table for legitimate businesses owned by employers legal to be here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1V7wnZxPqok/RlkGAuBee6I/AAAAAAAAElc/4JS08cyXV7Y/s400/illegal+graph.gif

So you'd like the border to remain unsecure?Incorrect, but only a fucking moron thinks building a wall from San Diego to Brownsville will make our nation secure.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Cost. You are proving correct the fact that "modern" Republicans are just tax and spend Democrats with a different financial agenda.

Slap a fine on an illegal? What if they don't pay? Imprison them at the cost of $30K/year to American tax payers?

Remove the incentive for coming and the vast majority of them will stop coming or leave. Those that remain can be rounded up more easily. Factor in that it's cheaper to imprison an employer for $30K/year than 100 illegal workers at the same price each.

And if the millions of illegals are flooding across the border to escape a war or a pandemic as the unaccompanied children did?

we have to physically control our border as well as reduce the incentive to come here illegally.

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 02:42 PM
And if the millions of illegals are flooding across the border to escape a war or a pandemic as the unaccompanied children did?

we have to physically control our border as well as reduce the incentive to come here illegally.You fascination with apocalyptic scenarios is interesting from a psychological point of view. Same goes for your focus on a single border, but that's the job of POEs, isn't it? To look insane and over-the-edge stupid?

silvereyes
10-30-2014, 02:44 PM

What an asshat reply. Pubes don't admit to falsehoods cuz they lie so much they've forgotten where their Dicks are.
Anything else cupcake?

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Some are, but most are not. Most are just minimum wage earners working under the table for legitimate businesses owned by employers legal to be here.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1V7wnZxPqok/RlkGAuBee6I/AAAAAAAAElc/4JS08cyXV7Y/s400/illegal+graph.gif

Incorrect, but only a $#@!ing moron thinks building a wall from San Diego to Brownsville will make our nation secure.

No one proposes building a fence that long.

no one except you.

you need a fence in urban areas but not in the desert.

there you need electronic surveillance, drones and personnel to gather up the illegals before they make it inland.

Bob
10-30-2014, 03:57 PM
I think the GOP will take the senate, but 2016 may swing back to the Dems if the GOP can't keep the momentum on their side and avoid another circus show primary.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
You fascination with apocalyptic scenarios is interesting from a psychological point of view. Same goes for your focus on a single border, but that's the job of POEs, isn't it?

To look insane and over-the-edge stupid?

It is far from stupid to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

that way when less than the best happens you are not the one looking stupid.

Cigar
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM

Well first of all .. when you're in charge ... you have to DO SOMETHING, other than sit at home and take Tax Payer Money

Bob
10-30-2014, 04:22 PM
Well first of all .. when you're in charge ... you have to DO SOMETHING, other than sit at home and take Tax Payer Money

I hope you have learned that having 51 is not enough , in the senate. It takes 60 to run the shop as if it was really in business. 67 to confirm and so forth.

The Bush admin at no time had 67 in the Senate from his party. Obama has not either thus we get his daily whine he has no control.

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 04:34 PM

I would rather they do nothing than do something bad. Wouldn't you?

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 04:35 PM

Is there a point to your graph?

rembrant
10-30-2014, 04:47 PM
Common wisdom now suggests the GOP will gain some ground this election but will only enjoy it for 2 years.Good point. The Goppers only SLIM shot at the White house is Jeb Bush... but since every Bush ended in a friggin RECESSION.... good luck.

Dark Money ( Rove, Koch) and the PERVERSIONS of Election funding the Repubs rammed through...LEGAL BRIBES... have made US DEMOCRACY...fragile at best. With enough Mass Marketing you can elect the village idiot or a sociopath. It's getting commonplace.

In MY state... GERRYMANDERING by ALEC.. NOT an Ohio outfit.. rigged the game. Any "district" congress or state.. I get to vote for.. is RIGGED now. I might as well write in Mickey Mouse or Fck You. My city is sliced up so.. the GOPPER pirates had to conced ONE are at Black folk, Democrats, Urban Americans,. The REST of this count.. they did TRICKERY.. to attach ME.. to Farm areas 70 miles east.. NOT to similar neighborhoods 15 miles away ..THEY get negated by a whole county 40 miles northeast while on the far side of the City.. their votes get negated by ANOTHER RED zone. All over the REGION... REPUBLICAN DOUCHBAGS flaunt their HATE for Democracy,. It ain't ONE MAN ONE VOTE in Ohio...Michigan, Pennsylvania,Wisconsin, Indiana. Here.... a farmer in Adams county counts DOUBLE.

Whatever I grew Up learning about the High Ideals of AMERICA....is getting thrown in the Dumpster by the Teabag Idiot/Fascist trolls. Their raw lust for power stinks like Germany in the 1930's.

rembrant
10-30-2014, 04:59 PM
The Ebola scare maybe what turns people to Republican votes.So......is EBOLA running for Governor in my state? Is the local Styate Senator advocating..MORE Ebola?

Are you ADMITTING the GOP is now about insane PARANOIA? Fear Mongering? Did OBAMA invent EBOLA? Well.. he's not running this year.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Whatever I grew Up learning about the High Ideals of AMERICA....is getting thrown in the Dumpster by the Teabag Idiot/Fascist trolls. Their raw lust for power stinks like Germany in the 1930's.

This is not news.

Libs are not supposed to like the Tea Party patriots who are for smaller government.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 05:05 PM
So......is EBOLA running for Governor in my state? Is the local Styate Senator advocating..MORE Ebola?

Are you ADMITTING the GOP is now about insane PARANOIA? Fear Mongering? Did OBAMA invent EBOLA? Well.. he's not running this year.

The Ebola scare is making Obama look weak and indifferent to the health of Americans.

And that puts dems who are running for reelection on the defensive.

PolWatch
10-30-2014, 05:55 PM
I would rather they do nothing than do something bad. Wouldn't you?

and this would be a change...how?

Bob
10-30-2014, 05:59 PM
So......is EBOLA running for Governor in my state? Is the local Styate Senator advocating..MORE Ebola?

Are you hoping if you toss enough of this crap against the wall, it might stick?

For all the complaining, so far that I have read, no person running for office using Ebola has been named.

What is the mystery for. Name names.

Bob
10-30-2014, 06:00 PM

Making laws is making more rules. I prefer the time they use in DC would be erasing rules, not making a lot more of them.

This reminds me of just how the Soviets ran their government.

Bob
10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Good point. The Goppers only SLIM shot at the White house is Jeb Bush... but since every Bush ended in a friggin RECESSION.... good luck.

Dark Money ( Rove, Koch) and the PERVERSIONS of Election funding the Repubs rammed through...LEGAL BRIBES... have made US DEMOCRACY...fragile at best. With enough Mass Marketing you can elect the village idiot or a sociopath. It's getting commonplace.

In MY state... GERRYMANDERING by ALEC.. NOT an Ohio outfit.. rigged the game. Any "district" congress or state.. I get to vote for.. is RIGGED now. I might as well write in Mickey Mouse or Fck You. My city is sliced up so.. the GOPPER pirates had to conced ONE are at Black folk, Democrats, Urban Americans,. The REST of this count.. they did TRICKERY.. to attach ME.. to Farm areas 70 miles east.. NOT to similar neighborhoods 15 miles away ..THEY get negated by a whole county 40 miles northeast while on the far side of the City.. their votes get negated by ANOTHER RED zone. All over the REGION... REPUBLICAN DOUCHBAGS flaunt their HATE for Democracy,. It ain't ONE MAN ONE VOTE in Ohio...Michigan, Pennsylvania,Wisconsin, Indiana. Here.... a farmer in Adams county counts DOUBLE.

They did the same here in CA and how if you are a Republican, you can't win. The Democrat have bottled up the most important state to the US economics using dirty tricks as you speak of.

Bob
10-30-2014, 06:06 PM

Nah, Wikipedia was not busy and decided to goof off showing us the times the Democrats ran things vs Republicans did.

Don't pay attention. It is for those who really enjoy education, So, skip it. Green Arrow

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 06:44 PM

It shows the cycles of Congressional control.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 07:56 PM
Nah, Wikipedia was not busy and decided to goof off showing us the times the Democrats ran things vs Republicans did.

Don't pay attention. It is for those who really enjoy education, So, skip it. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

There's no need to be rude, Bob. All you did was post a graph, with no commentary explaining how it was relevant to my post. So, I asked why you posted it. Answer the question or don't, but save the attitude.

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Well, if they did nothing, it would be a change. The media and partisans hype up the whole "do-nothing Congress" thing beyond reality. They do plenty, if they didn't, we'd have collapsed months ago. They just don't generally get anywhere on the high profile bills that make media coverage. But that, again, is all politics. The reality is they do a lot, and a lot of what they do is bad.

texan
10-30-2014, 08:16 PM

Seriously? Really? Jesus, I cant believe there are people who think like this way. We have laws and require legal taxes to be paid. You want to change the laws fine do it but that is a ridiculous statement.

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 08:41 PM
Seriously? Really? Jesus, I cant believe there are people who think like this way. We have laws and require legal taxes to be paid. You want to change the laws fine do it but that is a ridiculous statement.

Not really. Free market capitalism is where the government does not interfere in the market. Shutting down businesses and arresting business owners just for their hiring practices is anti-free market. It's also pretty Nazi-like.

Max Rockatansky
10-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Not really. Free market capitalism is where the government does not interfere in the market. Shutting down businesses and arresting business owners just for their hiring practices is anti-free market. It's also pretty Nazi-like.

However, without any regulation at all, it's anarchy. Businesses will dump their waste wherever they like and have private enforcers to attack the competition.

The good news would be assassinating CEOs would be legal.