PDA

View Full Version : How Rand Paul Threatens Left and Right

Chris
10-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Is it enough?

How Rand Paul Threatens Left and Right (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/how-rand-paul-threatens-both-left-and-right/)

...In many ways Paul’s foreign policy speech Thursday was nothing new for the senator.

...Paul’s foreign policy vision is significantly different from every other rumored 2016 GOP presidential candidate. “If he wins,” Beauchamp emphasizes, “he could remake the Republican Party as we know it.”

The Kentucky senator has consistently challenged long-held GOP views on issues....

...Last year, The Daily Beast’s David Friedlander asked, “How did Rand Paul become a liberal hero?” Friedlander said Paul had “emerged as one of the nation’s most articulate defenders of progressive values…” and that “should he run (for president), he would represent a new kind of figure on the American political landscape.”

...But left and right partisans’ uneasiness is not unwarranted. Many conventional liberals and conservatives grimace at Paul blurring left-right boundaries in ways that make their stock partisanship harder....

nathanbforrest45
10-30-2014, 06:41 PM
The more I hear about Paul the more I like him.

Mac-7
10-30-2014, 06:54 PM
I assume Rand Paul will run as a republican.

but his ideological zigzags are going to be confusing to the voters.

and the zigs left will displease many of them.

texan
10-30-2014, 08:32 PM
Smiley gave him some credit today as possibly different than any republican for being able to talk with the black community.

If you didnt see him on bill o u ou should try and find it, great interview.