PDA

View Full Version : 5 pro-growth things I want by 2017

texan
10-30-2014, 08:27 PM
1. Corprate tax rates down from 32 % to 30%. 2% additional in tiers down to 20% based on a number of jobs / hiring and a formula kicker for the base pay of the jobs.
2. No democrat BS strings attached on moving money back into the US.
3. Tax holiday on capital purchases.
4. Build the pipeline.
5. People are getting killed with the deductables from obamacare. Its about to get worse. Some commonsense solutions that are note veto'd by senior hardhead.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2014, 08:30 PM
1) Regulation reform
2) Market wages
3) Middle class tax cuts + upper tax increases

texan
10-30-2014, 08:34 PM
I agree Obama should not have raised taxes on the hurting middle class they act like they care about so much.

Cigar
10-30-2014, 08:37 PM
You need Pro Growth ... :laugh:

http://www.1penileimplants.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Penile-Proesthesis-TitanOTR4.jpg (http://www.1penileimplants.com/)

Cigar
10-30-2014, 08:38 PM
I agree Obama should not have raised taxes on the hurting middle class they act like they care about so much.

I didn't get hurt ... do you need the number of a good accountant?

Peter1469
10-30-2014, 09:01 PM
Cut taxes much lower.

Captain Obvious
10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Cut taxes much lower.

But without drastic cuts in spending, that would be disastrous.

Green Arrow
10-30-2014, 09:24 PM
1) Cut total government spending by 25%, spread out across all budgetary items.
2) Temporarily raise taxes, no higher than a 5-10% increase.
3) Cut foreign aid and apply that money to infrastructure spending, and this time, ACTUALLY use the money on infrastructure.
4) Temporarily close ALL borders, north and south, redeploy the military to both borders.
5) Reform the higher education system. First two years free, all successive years free IF you have a clean criminal record and good grades. No more BS degrees (pun intended) like "women's studies." If you're going to college, you need to be getting a degree that will actually help you out in a future career.

PolWatch
10-30-2014, 09:40 PM
I'll vote for the Green Arrow party!

Peter1469
10-30-2014, 09:45 PM
But without drastic cuts in spending, that would be disastrous.

Spending is the problem.

texan
10-30-2014, 10:49 PM
1) Cut total government spending by 25%, spread out across all budgetary items.
2) Temporarily raise taxes, no higher than a 5-10% increase.
3) Cut foreign aid and apply that money to infrastructure spending, and this time, ACTUALLY use the money on infrastructure.
4) Temporarily close ALL borders, north and south, redeploy the military to both borders.
5) Reform the higher education system. First two years free, all successive years free IF you have a clean criminal record and good grades. No more BS degrees (pun intended) like "women's studies." If you're going to college, you need to be getting a degree that will actually help you out in a future career.

Interesting.
Like 1 but it would devistate the economy at 25% . But i hear ya.
2. Wont work. It would only hurt the middle class. Cut out the loop holes and we would get what we needed.

I do kind of like some of the ideas. Remember, more jobs more tax payers lower rates. Not enough tax payers low revenue struggling growth.

texan
10-30-2014, 10:51 PM
I didn't get hurt ... do you need the number of a good accountant?

Make your mind up. You cant be richband middle class. Your stories change a lot.

Mac-7
10-31-2014, 12:03 AM
1) Regulation reform
2) Market wages
3) Middle class tax cuts + upper tax increases

1. Regulation reform: congress must vote to approve all new regulations before they can take affect.

2. Market wages: End welfare for able bodied people and close the border with Mexico to illegal aliens.

3. Tax cuts: End the progressive tax. Just have a flat tax and charge every person the same tax rate.

Green Arrow
10-31-2014, 12:23 AM
Interesting.
Like 1 but it would devistate the economy at 25% . But i hear ya.

Not if you distributed it across all budgetary items (there are a LOT of budgetary items) and followed number two, the slight tax increase. Tax increases combined with severe tax cuts provide a safety net so the economy isn't shocked too much. Trying to slash spending without increasing taxes would be like using a defibrillator on a healthy heart.

2. Wont work. It would only hurt the middle class. Cut out the loop holes and we would get what we needed.

The middle class is already hurt, we can only go up from here. Regardless, you can't slash spending without temporarily increasing taxes, and we ran out of time a long time ago to try small and gradual spending cuts.

I do kind of like some of the ideas. Remember, more jobs more tax payers lower rates. Not enough tax payers low revenue struggling growth.

That's where the free state college comes into play. Our best decades as a nation in the post-WWII era happened with Americans going to college and getting educated, then using that education to get into valuable careers.

Mac-7
10-31-2014, 05:24 AM
That's where the free state college comes into play. Our best decades as a nation in the post-WWII era happened with Americans going to college and getting educated, then using that education to get into valuable careers.

American kids aren't missing college because they can't afford it.

they don't bother with education because studying is too hard and they don't think they need college.

PolWatch
10-31-2014, 08:40 AM
I think a lot of young people are not going to college because of the expense. Lower socio economic to middle level families can't afford it. The competition for scholarship money is huge. I'm not a fan of sending everyone to college because not everyone is cut out for it. The choice to go to college or not should be based on ability and desire. GA's proposed plan would help weed those who don't really want to succeed in college out of the program.

Education is an investment, not only for the student & his future, but for the nation. Our current system continues the trend to overloaded debt (hoping to pay it someday). Why not recognize that an educated citizenry is good for the nation, good for the economy and good for the future? We sit here & watch Asian students soar in the world job market, and our students only need to learn 'do you want fries with that' in Chinese.

Every study I have seen agrees that more education increases a person's lifetime income. Yes, that is money in HIS pocket. But think about it...money in a citizens pocket ends up in the national economy, individual success leads to national success. We need to look at education as in investment in the nation's future. imho

MrJimmyDale
10-31-2014, 08:46 AM
Until the government spends less that it takes in things will never get better. It does not matter what the tax rates are or how much they cut from the spending increases. It is all smoke and mirrors to keep people arguing.

texan
10-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Not if you distributed it across all budgetary items (there are a LOT of budgetary items) and followed number two, the slight tax increase. Tax increases combined with severe tax cuts provide a safety net so the economy isn't shocked too much. Trying to slash spending without increasing taxes would be like using a defibrillator on a healthy heart.

I will say I like your thoughts and approach. I would think we could for sure come to an agreement it and make bipartisan if it were you and I. I would agree to 12.5% across the board. Choose your poison department. I would also stop the we have to spend everything we get and hire employees we dont need. I would implement a bonus for savings on budget. We might get the 25% then......:)

Like your thinking on investing in education.

The middle class is already hurt, we can only go up from here. Regardless, you can't slash spending without temporarily increasing taxes, and we ran out of time a long time ago to try small and gradual spending cuts.

I just can't hit the middle class any harder right now. Unless I blow up the growth.