PDA

View Full Version : Dem Sen. Landrieu takes heat for comments on Southern voters, race/sex

Professor Peabody
10-31-2014, 12:16 PM
Dem Sen. Landrieu takes heat for comments on Southern voters, race

Published October 31, 2014

Democratic Louisiana Sen. Mary Landrieu is taking heat after she implied she is struggling in her re-election campaign because she is a woman, and President Obama is unpopular in her state because he is black.

Landrieu’s comments were immediately slammed by her main opponent, Republican Rep. Bill Cassidy. Cassidy told Fox News’ Megyn Kelly the people of Louisiana have suffered under Obama’s policies, and instead of insulting them Landrieu needs to focus on policy.

“I gotta tell ya, when people in Louisiana look at ObamaCare and his regulatory regime and him going after their job, that’s the reason they oppose him, that’s the reason they oppose her,” he said. “She supports him 97 percent of the time. We’re not racist, we just all have common sense.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/30/dem-sen-landrieu-south-not-always-friendliest-place-for-african-americans/

I knew the Democrats would be blaming everyone and everything BUT themselves and their own policies when they lose on Tuesday. Sex and race are always the cause, not cocamamie policies like Obama Care, ISIS or egregious abuses of Government power like the IRS targeting and Fast & Furious. They could claim they didn't know, but then that would require a lot of firings which hasn't happened. They simply refuse to see folks aren't buying what they are selling and must blame others for their own shortcomings. The majority reject them, on Tuesday we'll see by how much.

Way to go Mary insult the folks you expect to vote for you. Myself, I think she know she's done already. That's the reason for the big house in DC and using her parents address as her residence in Louisiana, nice and close to what ever lobbying firm will hire her.

Cigar
10-31-2014, 12:23 PM
:grin:

Professor Peabody
10-31-2014, 12:24 PM
:grin:

How long of a vacation from posting are you going to take after Tuesday?

Cigar
10-31-2014, 12:28 PM
How long of a vacation from posting are you going to take after Tuesday?

What's Special about Tuesday, that wasn't special in 2010 :laugh:

So RePubs get control over something they don't want to Govern :laugh:

Big Deal ... VETO that :tongue:

momsapplepie
10-31-2014, 12:34 PM
the lame duck will go on vacation again.

Cigar
10-31-2014, 12:37 PM

According to Michael Jordon he needs the Practice ... unless you want him in the office writing Executive Orders :laugh:

Cigar
10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Mary Landrieu tells truth; Republicans cry foul (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/31/1340521/-Mary-Landrieu-tells-truth-Republicans-cry-foul)I'm a native Louisianan, and I remember first seeing Mary Landrieu -- she came to speak at our high school during her first Senate campaign. I wasn't that impressed with her, and I've remained a lukewarm fan at best.

But yesterday she said something very simple and very true:

The comments came after an NBC reporter asked the senator why Obama has such low approval ratings in Louisiana. Landrieu's first response was that the president's energy policies are deeply disliked by residents of the oil and gas-rich state.

She then added, "I'll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans. It's been a difficult time for the president to present himself in a very positive light as a leader."

Republicans weren't pleased:

State Republican Party Chairman Roger Villere issued a statement late Thursday calling Landrieu's remarks "insulting to me and to every other Louisianian." "Louisiana deserves better than a senator who denigrates her own people by questioning and projecting insidious motives on the very people she claims to represent," he said. "Senator Landrieu and President Obama are unpopular for no other reason than the fact the policies they advance are wrong for Louisiana and wrong for America."

Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal issued a statement calling Landrieu's comments "remarkably divisive" and Maness issued a statement calling on the senator to apologize.

Well, Senator, you went up a notch in my book. Good on you. Now don't walk it back.

texan
10-31-2014, 01:14 PM
She might want to check on the number of minorities elected to office during her tenure. However, I can see where she is in full panic mode. Everyone needs an excuse and she is about to lose the golden egg. Get a clue you did this to youself.

Cigar
10-31-2014, 01:16 PM
It's Louisiana :laugh:

Matty
10-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Mary Landrieu tells truth; Republicans cry foul (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/31/1340521/-Mary-Landrieu-tells-truth-Republicans-cry-foul)

I'm a native Louisianan, and I remember first seeing Mary Landrieu -- she came to speak at our high school during her first Senate campaign. I wasn't that impressed with her, and I've remained a lukewarm fan at best.

But yesterday she said something very simple and very true:

The comments came after an NBC reporter asked the senator why Obama has such low approval ratings in Louisiana. Landrieu's first response was that the president's energy policies are deeply disliked by residents of the oil and gas-rich state.

She then added, "I'll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans. It's been a difficult time for the president to present himself in a very positive light as a leader."

State Republican Party Chairman Roger Villere issued a statement late Thursday calling Landrieu's remarks "insulting to me and to every other Louisianian." "Louisiana deserves better than a senator who denigrates her own people by questioning and projecting insidious motives on the very people she claims to represent," he said. "Senator Landrieu and President Obama are unpopular for no other reason than the fact the policies they advance are wrong for Louisiana and wrong for America."

Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal issued a statement calling Landrieu's comments "remarkably divisive" and Maness issued a statement calling on the senator to apologize.

Well, Senator, you went up a notch in my book. Good on you. Now don't walk it back.

Poor poor poor baby bami

Captain Obvious
10-31-2014, 01:32 PM
It's Louisiana :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvUS2F-IPjI

Safety
10-31-2014, 01:39 PM
I knew the Democrats would be blaming everyone and everything BUT themselves and their own policies when they lose on Tuesday. Sex and race are always the cause, not cocamamie policies like Obama Care, ISIS or egregious abuses of Government power like the IRS targeting and Fast & Furious. They could claim they didn't know, but then that would require a lot of firings which hasn't happened. They simply refuse to see folks aren't buying what they are selling and must blame others for their own shortcomings. The majority reject them, on Tuesday we'll see by how much.

Way to go Mary insult the folks you expect to vote for you. Myself, I think she know she's done already. That's the reason for the big house in DC and using her parents address as her residence in Louisiana, nice and close to what ever lobbying firm will hire her.

LoL, you know what's amazing? It's the idea that whenever someone suggests that Obama's skin color might affect how some feel about him, the race card gets thrown. It is always countered by "it's his policies we don't like", or "he's a Marxist", but yet so many say he is Bush 2.0. Those were the same policies the good people of Louisiana didn't mind voting FOR in 2000 and 2004. But now because Obama is running it, those same policies are now "cockamamie"? One can say it's because he's a democrat....well, I don't remember Clinton getting nearly the same amount of vitriol as Obama has received, nor did I hear "one" statement about his skin color. Sorry, but that just doesn't pass the smell test.

Hell, there was even a separate sub-party created when he was elected in 2008.

I disagree, Obama and Clinton are not republican they just werent far left as the progressives want them to be. I find that a "GOOD" thing. I cant stand teaparty far righters and I cant stand progressive far lefters. They are both self centered I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW and im not going to settle for less types that I find obnoxious and mostly full of malarky.

Obama is a clone of Bush. So was Romney. Just more of the same.

Explain.

Cigar
10-31-2014, 01:44 PM
How did Chris and Common get into the Thread :laugh:

Explain

Safety
10-31-2014, 01:46 PM
How did Chris and Common get into the Thread :laugh:

Explain

Examples of how Obama's policies cause so much heartburn, but yet Bush's policies were mana from heaven. Especially when the policies were identical.

Animal Mother
10-31-2014, 01:48 PM
Examples of how Obama's policies cause so much heartburn, but yet Bush's policies were mana from heaven. Especially when the policies were identical.

(D) and (R) we're such fucking team players that we're zombies for our team. You can reverse it, look at the Daily Kos report on Bush as being a better progressive than Obama. Dems hated him and Reps loved him.

Safety
10-31-2014, 01:50 PM
(D) and (R) we're such fucking team players that we're zombies for our team. You can reverse it, look at the Daily Kos report on Bush as being a better progressive than Obama. Dems hated him and Reps loved him.

That's exactly my point, but you let the wingnuts tell it, Obama fucking killed their dog and kidnapped their wife.

Matty
10-31-2014, 02:33 PM

Always us an ​I in conjunction with the letter d c & k

Professor Peabody
10-31-2014, 02:52 PM
What's Special about Tuesday, that wasn't special in 2010 :laugh:

So RePubs get control over something they don't want to Govern :laugh:

Big Deal ... VETO that :tongue:

That's the point sedlitz! Obama's continual vetos while the country remains stagnant will be each and every one a nail in the coffin of Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign.

Mac-7
10-31-2014, 03:18 PM
LoL, you know what's amazing? It's the idea that whenever someone suggests that Obama's skin color might affect how some feel about him, the race card gets thrown. It is always countered by "it's his policies we don't like", or "he's a Marxist", but yet so many say he is Bush 2.0. Those were the same policies the good people of Louisiana didn't mind voting FOR in 2000 and 2004. But now because Obama is running it, those same policies are now "$#@!amamie"? One can say it's because he's a democrat....well, I don't remember Clinton getting nearly the same amount of vitriol as Obama has received, nor did I hear "one" statement about his skin color. Sorry, but that just doesn't pass the smell test.

Explain.

you have a warped memory of history.

some Obama policies are the same as bush in 2004 by not many.

anyway people who voted for Obama in 2004 because he is black are still supporting him.

to do otherwise would be admitting they were wrong.

and libs never do that.

Former Obama voters otoh no longer like him because he's lazy and incompetent.

and maybe becaus they now think he hates whites as much as libs accuse whites of hating him.

why should whites vote for a black racist?

Matty
10-31-2014, 03:21 PM
How did Landrieu get elected three times if the whole state of Louisiana is sexist? Say Wut?

Matty
10-31-2014, 03:22 PM
LoL, you know what's amazing? It's the idea that whenever someone suggests that Obama's skin color might affect how some feel about him, the race card gets thrown. It is always countered by "it's his policies we don't like", or "he's a Marxist", but yet so many say he is Bush 2.0. Those were the same policies the good people of Louisiana didn't mind voting FOR in 2000 and 2004. But now because Obama is running it, those same policies are now "$#@!amamie"? One can say it's because he's a democrat....well, I don't remember Clinton getting nearly the same amount of vitriol as Obama has received, nor did I hear "one" statement about his skin color. Sorry, but that just doesn't pass the smell test.

Explain.
Liberals aren't happy if they aren't screaming racism.

rembrant
10-31-2014, 06:50 PM

Shuddup.

The Senator was unusally honest saying What is Damn OBVIOUS. Race is OBVIOUSLY a large factor in Southern Politics. The Senator.... was candid. She won't get the Bigot vote.. but never was gonna get them. Repubs PANDER to bigots. The Hardcore SOUTH...ain't too happy about "uppity Women neither.
She KNOWS the terrain. She knows the folks she might piss off...are all Repubtard bigots anyhow.
Not EVERYONE is a racist/sexist CRACKER. She needs THOSE good folk to VOTE.

Are Louisiana Repubs Racist, Jim Crow Biogots? Well...does gravity suck? Do fish swim? Hell the fck yeah. African Americans have NOT been treated decent in the deep south....how is that NOT obvious?

As I post this...a DIMWIT REPUB SHILL....is saying.. Oh.. the Jim Crow /Segregation crap was Dixiecrats.......as any person KNOWS well...the Dixiecrat Dems became the GOP SOUTHERN (RACIAL) Strategy. There's no Dixiecrat Dem now... they became Teabag Repubs. RACISTS... lost any clout as Dems..were WELCOMED btY Republicans. All the Slave States... tilt Red now.

Matty
10-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Roflmao. The desperation. You can smell it.

Cigar
10-31-2014, 07:02 PM
http://assets1.bigthink.com/system/idea_thumbnails/52524/headline/you_want_the_truth_big_think.jpg?1378221822 (http://bigthink.com/risk-reason-and-reality/you-want-the-truth-about-risk-you-cant-handle-the-truth)

Blackrook
10-31-2014, 07:44 PM
LOL, a politician telling the truth that she hates the people she represents. Sweet.

Mister D
10-31-2014, 08:04 PM

Explain.

If you don't remember Clinton being vilified by the (phony) right it was because you were drowning yourself in malt liquor. Is it as bad? no, but it has gotten worse with every election. bush II got it worse than Clinton.

donttread
10-31-2014, 08:44 PM

Desperate attempt to bully sheep into voting for her for fear of being labeled sexist or racist

donttread
10-31-2014, 08:46 PM
LOL, a politician telling the truth that she hates the people she represents. Sweet.

Exactly. "I don't understand why you stupid, sexist racist bastards don't vote for me.

PolWatch
10-31-2014, 08:48 PM
prob gonna be as successful as telling 47% of the voters they are bums? those sweet talking politicians! at this rate, why don't we find a Rodney Dangerfield clone & elect him?

donttread
11-01-2014, 12:32 AM
prob gonna be as successful as telling 47% of the voters they are bums? those sweet talking politicians! at this rate, why don't we find a Rodney Dangerfield clone & elect him?

Yeah, Dangerfield couldn't get any respect and politicians don't deserve any

Professor Peabody
11-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Mary Landrieu tells truth; Republicans cry foul (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/10/31/1340521/-Mary-Landrieu-tells-truth-Republicans-cry-foul)

I'm a native Louisianan, and I remember first seeing Mary Landrieu -- she came to speak at our high school during her first Senate campaign. I wasn't that impressed with her, and I've remained a lukewarm fan at best. But yesterday she said something very simple and very true:
The comments came after an NBC reporter asked the senator why Obama has such low approval ratings in Louisiana. Landrieu's first response was that the president's energy policies are deeply disliked by residents of the oil and gas-rich state. She then added, "I'll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans. It's been a difficult time for the president to present himself in a very positive light as a leader."
State Republican Party Chairman Roger Villere issued a statement late Thursday calling Landrieu's remarks "insulting to me and to every other Louisianian." "Louisiana deserves better than a senator who denigrates her own people by questioning and projecting insidious motives on the very people she claims to represent," he said. "Senator Landrieu and President Obama are unpopular for no other reason than the fact the policies they advance are wrong for Louisiana and wrong for America." Republican Gov. Bobby Jindal issued a statement calling Landrieu's comments "remarkably divisive" and Maness issued a statement calling on the senator to apologize.

http://www.louisianaanimals.org/jindal-1008-def-17470027.jpg

Yea, they'd never vote for someone with dark skin in Weeziana.